Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,708 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF (23240 Views)

Dangote Becomes $20m Wealthier, Maintains Spot As Africa’s Richest Man / Border Closure: List Made In Nigeria Products / Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by critic007(m): 8:56am On Nov 09, 2019
seunlayi:
I m not against this border closure but the suddenness. Many people goods where caught the transit, goods bought with loans, supplied on credit, etc A timely notice would have help many not to fall into their present distress and nobody is even willing to come to anybody aids. Even vehicles used in transportation were caught outside our borders as they begin to rust.

Whatever, it has happened already, let us move forward in the new other of the day. Let our custom men rise to the occasion because their negligence led to this situation.

Well said sir. God bless you
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by johnmattew: 8:57am On Nov 09, 2019
MusaDanladi1:

Are you minding this useless lie lie IMF. I stopped believing or listening to their lies a long time ago.
especially when they asked buhari to devalue the naira In 2015

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by johnmattew: 8:59am On Nov 09, 2019
Guyman02:

No, the strategy is that it will be hard for the west to sabotage the plant with the Russians in control for a period
I doubt that's the reason...Russia is known for construction of largest steel plants in Asia,Europe and Africa...they understood the ajaokuta better than anyone else

2 Likes

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by maasoap(m): 9:00am On Nov 09, 2019
seunlayi:
I m not against this border closure but the suddenness. Many people goods where caught the transit, goods bought with loans, supplied on credit, etc A timely notice would have help many not to fall into their present distress and nobody is even willing to come to anybody aids. Even vehicles used in transportation were caught outside our borders as they begin to rust.

Whatever, it has happened already, let us move forward in the new other of the day. Let our custom men rise to the occasion because their negligence led to this situation.

You made a lot of sense from the beginning to the end. Benin Republic is recording strong economic performance in both agriculture and transportation, lol. They import both agricultural products and vehicles to their country and smuggle them into Nigeria by Nigerians. Why wouldn't they record growth in the two sectors? Let's Nigeria sustain this borders closure and the ban of some selected items for six to twelve months and let's see what IMF will have to say about that again
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by johnmattew: 9:02am On Nov 09, 2019
JJOF:

The thing tired me, I swear some people are totally ignorant. How will somebody be saying border should remain close because he wants Ghana and Benin to be in tears? Does that even make sense? Mtchew
most Nigerians aren't using border closure as retaliation...many Nigerians see opportunities in the closure,thus the happiness

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Ofemmanu1: 9:02am On Nov 09, 2019
seunlayi:

Our Company150 trucks with a driver and a motorboy for each truck are stuck in there too.
You can imagine thie shitt those guys are going thru.

I'm not against the closure, FG should've gave a two weeks warning before shutting up the borders.

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by discusant: 9:03am On Nov 09, 2019
seunlayi:

A cabal which has more allegiance to Niger Republic than to Nigeria will not consider the raw truth you put down above.
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by maasoap(m): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2019
Myhusband:
Goods are still smuggled in from their country to Nigeria so why won't they maintain good economy. 20 new jeep passed ikorodu/itamaga axis on Wednesday night I'm sure they're smugglers that brought them in

I doubt if Nigerians can survive if another country try to invade us. The border is just too vulnerable

It only reduces drastically but not totally eliminated. Remember that we still have corrupt Nigerians as custom, police and immigration officers at our borders. Those 20 jeeps or SUVs you saw were allowed to get in by those corrupt elements at the border, not that they just beat the security agents by miracle

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by MusaDanladi1: 9:08am On Nov 09, 2019
johnmattew:
Exactly o! Thank God Buhari never listened to them and soldiered on with the CBN Governor by now naira for don useless past Zimbabwean currency. IMF's motive is to kill African countries economically and always want us to crawl to their feet begging for monetary aid.
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by maasoap(m): 9:09am On Nov 09, 2019
sylve11:

Jesus! I thought i was the only one o. Funny enough, the post was liked by his types or his other accounts.

@ op, anyhow Nigerians takes the border closure as torment on the Beninese or as a measure for Nigeria to better her economy; two things are certain, Benin will always look for ways to strengthen her economy, and i can't say same for Nigeria. cool

It's not like Nigerians will stop looking for ways smuggle in agricultural products and vehicles from Benin. Because that's the only way she can sustain her economy
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:10am On Nov 09, 2019
prigoz:
Very encouraging massage whereas Nigeria economy is declining everyday. It will never be well for people that vote certificateless president to power, even their children will enjoy the suffering too.

So shall it not be well with those who wanted to bring back corrupt leaders who looted our country without shame. Always supporting failures. When our armed forces triumph over boko haram, they are unhappy and they shout extra judicial killing but when it is the other way, they celebrate.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by johnmattew: 9:24am On Nov 09, 2019
MusaDanladi1:

Exactly o! Thank God Buhari never lessened to then and soldiered on with the CBN Governor by now naira for don useless past Zimbabwean currency. IMF's motive is to kill African countries and always want us to crawl to their feet begging for monetary aid.
exactly...imf and world bank are always threatened whenever smaller and underdeveloped countries are progressing

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Myself2(m): 9:25am On Nov 09, 2019
So they should be thanking us then grin
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by loswhite(m): 9:30am On Nov 09, 2019
Guyman02:

Buhari/ Idiagbon did well and instilled discipline in the system. IMF didn't like that, but Buhari is still a tyrant
discipline is different from economic development... please did they do well in the economy?
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by LANDLORD72: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2019
Hoephase:
Why was Benin Republic lamenting in the first place?

Or is IMF trying to sell us a bogus story?
bogus story?
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:32am On Nov 09, 2019
loswhite:
why do I feel that alot of Nigerians are dumb....border closure is affecting Nigerians and ppl come online to claim like it has no effect on them

Tell us how it is affecting nigerians!! Why can't they go thru the Seaports and the Airports if they have no ulterior motives. U buy a car valued at over 10 million naira and prefer to take it through the bush in order not to pay custom due, who is now foolish?

2 Likes

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by MusaDanladi1: 9:34am On Nov 09, 2019
Myhusband:
Goods are still smuggled in from their country to Nigeria so why won't they maintain good economy. 20 new jeep passed ikorodu/itamaga axis on Wednesday night I'm sure they're smugglers that brought them in

I doubt if Nigerians can survive if another country try to invade us. The border is just too vulnerable
Why are you lamenting more than the books of lamentations. Is it not the same customs that will go and lock up their car dealer marts on grounds of smuggling and Incomplete paperwork/documentation
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Just30: 9:36am On Nov 09, 2019
johnmattew:
imf of lies...if Ghana is suffering the heat,why won't Benin Republic suffer more as their economy is dependent on revenues from import duties
which heat is Ghana feeling?

Have you checked Ghana growth rate?
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 09, 2019
princeogbeide1:
Let the boarder remain closed. Benin republic has a population 11.18 million. Nigerian imports gave birth to their customs. If not for Nigeria, Benin Republic could have still been struggling in their stone age.

Fake News.
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Just30: 9:48am On Nov 09, 2019
Wickedtruths:
[s][/s]

The GDP of Nnewi a village in Nigeria is greater than your entire backwards country put together. Backwards savages.

Get out of here and go chew some banku.
Yet the GDP share per head of Ghana is still greater than the entire Nigeria

poor country

We dont compete with poor countries like Nigeria
You guys have nothing to compete with us, it will just be a waste of my precious time.

Go and find Somalia, thats where you can compete best
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Just30: 9:50am On Nov 09, 2019
nototribalist:
But how come Ghanaians are crying more than Benin republic. Is it that Ghana can't breath without Nigeria or what?
Ghana cares less about your border closure because you are only starving your already poor citizens .

But Ghana will make sure we speak sense into your dumb politicians
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Just30: 9:51am On Nov 09, 2019
Mouthpis:
Better for them.

And what of the good for nothing Ghana?

Am sure they are still pained as to our border closure so that they can't think straight anymore because of Nigeria.

Nonsense
Ghana is growing at 8.8%

worry about your starving malnutrition country
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Innovate07: 9:55am On Nov 09, 2019
This is a big lie from IMF ����
Don't get me wrong, I want to see a strong Benin just like I want to see the whole of Africa flourish and become a paradise on earth but this report is a big lie coming from France and it is a weak attempt to undermine Nigeria's economic importance in the region. We do not want goods smuggled into our country. France deal with it and get the hell off our behind.

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Snowkel(m): 9:59am On Nov 09, 2019
loswhite:
why do I feel that alot of Nigerians are dumb....border closure is affecting Nigerians and ppl come online to claim like it has no effect on them
No Pain no Gain, have you forgotten that quote so quickly
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Snowkel(m): 10:02am On Nov 09, 2019
Just30:
Ghana cares less about your border closure because you are only starving your already poor citizens .

But Ghana will make sure we speak sense into your dumb politicians
You care less and I can feel the anger in the way u typed, brother relax, don't get worked up or pained over something you care less about.
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by etrouble: 10:02am On Nov 09, 2019
prigoz:
Very encouraging massage whereas Nigeria economy is declining everyday. It will never be well for people that vote certificateless president to power, even their children will enjoy the suffering too.

But it is already not well with you nah, that is why you are wailing in pains, tears and sorrow.
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by kaymart: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2019
Ironi:

Chai Chai !!

Is Nigeria not the biggest shithole village in Africa

Check the statistics and work out the ratios .

It has the largest unemployment , poverty level, illiterates and having babies like rabbits and everything a third world country needs to make it a model shithole !

I have been following your ridiculous post.
Going by your speech, You are the biggest fool on this thread.
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by ajl: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2019
IMF lies! IMF president is Christine Lagarde, a French citizen. Benin Republic is one of the 14 "colonies" of France in Africa. So, what do you expect IMF led by a French woman to push out to the world. Watch the video below to understand the "crimes" of France against these 14 African countries. And France just forced the African Union to sack AU Ambassador to USA because she criticized France colonial tax. All these countries reserve is in France. These countries borrow from the same reserve with interest rate charged by France on it. France invest the funds in France economy without any returns to the countries. Modern day slavery ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgMDuL9Ww7Y
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by ajl: 10:22am On Nov 09, 2019
Innovate07:
This is a big lie from IMF ����
Don't get me wrong, I want to see a strong Benin just like I want to see the whole of Africa flourish and become a paradise on earth but this report is a big lie coming from France and it is a weak attempt to undermine Nigeria's economic importance in the region. We do not want goods smuggled into our country. France deal with it and get the hell off our behind.

Thanks for this post. Buttress my points on France above. And who has been arming Boko Haram in order to destabilize the biggest player in Ecowas? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by ajl: 10:32am On Nov 09, 2019
johnmattew:

Read what's happening to Argentina that devalued their country currency following IMF advice. Inflation is above 50%.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Myhusband(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2019
MusaDanladi1:

Why are you lamenting more than the books of lamentations. Is it not the same customs that will go and lock up their car dealer marts on grounds of smuggling and Incomplete paperwork/documentation

boarder closure speak doom of custom corruption, negligence and incompetency

in a sane country, senior officers would have been demoted and sacked as punishment for professional errors but Nigeria is a country that don't have jurisprudence law, from legal to the least, we are far behind

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by ajl: 10:49am On Nov 09, 2019
loswhite:
the economy was destroyed by this same buhari before IBB came into power

Keep quiet! Liar. Were you even born then. Buhari was in power from December 1983 to August 1985. IBB ruled from then until sometime in 1994. Buhari did not take any loan. Yes, we may not agree with his policies now. The only thing Buhari did wrong during his regime in the 80s was back-dating a decree in order to ensure capital punishment for 3 drug traffickers that were sentenced to death. Jailing Fela was also a mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Real Truth Behind Recharge vouchers Printing Business. / Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash / How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.