Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,366 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

“Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths (22211 Views)

"Avoid Thuggery" - Tinubu Admonishes Youths / DSS Arrests Ibrahim Magu, EFCC Chairman / Buhari Considers Sack, Prosecution Of Ibrahim Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Notatribalist(m): 8:00am On Nov 10, 2019
BeachTime:
Punishment for fraud should be 20 years in prison . Armed robbery,kidnapping and murder should be swift death sentence. Government official corruption and embezzlement should be 50 years .
street or roadside hawking ,wrongful parking ,littering ,overloading of vehicle , should incur heavy fine . We need a national ID database. Nigeria must develop by force.
you were making sense until you mentioned street or roadside hawking.. So you don't want boys to hustle on street again?

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by SocialJustice: 8:03am On Nov 10, 2019
Yahoo and fraud is an integral part of Nigeria. Talk can not stop it. The EFCC should just continue working hard.
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by anonymous1759(m): 8:04am On Nov 10, 2019
ursullalinda:
No body wants to grow ....an 18 years old girl wants to carry a hand bag she saw with a 50yrs old woman or fix the latest Nwanneka hair thanks to Instagram......an undergraduate wants to drive the latest Benz.....guys are balling indeed....May God help us

The Government has more than 70% share of the blame. In developed countries students, cleaners, nanny's care givers own cars on loans while paying in installment.
Loans are given at 2.5% - 3% but the Nigeria is about 23%. Even loans are given for mobile phones that's life made easy, what will make you indulge in crime if you've all that you wish for as at when due?

Let's stop this poverty mentality that students are too young to drive cars. an 18 yrs old is likely to be living alone in develop country's but in 9ja at 30 you're still with your parents struggling.... All these are major factors. In Nigeria 9ja if you're 18 and have a dream to own a car you're considered a criminal that's an awkward and a backward thinking some of these politicians children live a standard life like they're in developed countries @18 some of them are driving sport cars but they'll come here to dish out advice to the youths that having an eye for big things is bad and some gullible people will accept it.

Example are the elite Muslims and the average Muslims. The elite Muslims will brain wash the average Muslims to hold Islam and disregard any other thing including education but these men have all their kids schooling In the best institutions in the world.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by TheLasyBuddha: 8:05am On Nov 10, 2019
Blame our values as a society for this.

I have come to see a lot of people who are respected, not for the kind of knowledge they possess or what they have achieved, but how much they are worth in money.

We have valued wealth as the only thing that makes us truly important, respected and known. People would rather be dummies and have millions than be knowledgeable people and have comfortable to live off of.

Don't admonish us if there are no jobs for the youth to get employed to.

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Bigmugu: 8:06am On Nov 10, 2019
grin
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by hisgrace090: 8:06am On Nov 10, 2019
Introvertedmarc:

You said it all.... but the Govt has some part to play in job creation.

So if they fail to you turn to criminal?

No excuse when men are ask to stop crime period.
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Gordonz07(m): 8:07am On Nov 10, 2019
Tell the politicians that shitty stuff. Mumu efcc.
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Ujawissy: 8:09am On Nov 10, 2019
[center]Good[/center]
dev
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Philinho(m): 8:10am On Nov 10, 2019
I'll blow legally
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Kingrefreshed: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2019
FactBoyz:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Chairman Ibrahim Magu has admonished Nigerian Youths to grow in doing legitimate businesses instead of blowing "inordinate/questionable sudden wealth" in doing illegitimate business.

https:///2019/11/grow-dont-blow-efcc-boss-magu-admonishes-youths.html

Before God and man! I must blow!!!
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2019
[quote author=benuejosh post=83892537]oboy, i don grow![/quote)
Now I wan blow financially
Their children never blow financially?
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Jman06(m): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2019
Good advice!

My only problem is that a government that sees no wrong in rigging elections has lost every moral right to admonish people on doing things right.

Do the right things first! Stop imposing tyrants on us as leaders. Stop politicizing employments into the civil service.
Create a conducive environment for businesses to thrive. Revamp our health sector so that deaths from common ailments can be minimized.

After doing the above, you can come back and talk to us.

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 10, 2019
-

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by wink2015(m): 8:13am On Nov 10, 2019
Scatterscatter:
How will/can the youths grow when the old ones hold on to positions that is meant for their grandchildren!

I don't support illegality in any way but our leaders (the old) should also check themselves. How will a senator have over 10 luxurious cars and display it on social media without caution.

Children (youths) learn from their elders and if you want the children (youths) to live right and desist from illegality, use the elders (leaders) as examples.

Jail all corrupt elders (leaders) without sentiment or prejudice and watch how the youths will embrace legality.

You said it all.

Which youth want to suffer in present day Nigeria that is filled with greed from the elders.

Go to politics or the civil service Na Dem Na Dem !

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by loswhite(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2019
Badonasty:
Some people go dey say make government create job but do you expect a guy that makes at least ₦200k every month to do a job of ₦30k monthly...these guys mouth do wide
what is 30k monthly? The value of the naira has dropped so much that 30k cannot sustain you not to talk of sustaining and growing. 30k monthly is less that a dollar a day.

2 Likes

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Notatribalist(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2019
BeachTime:
street hawking is this . It needs to stop . we need a mental revolution.
when there is no job?do you think those doing street hustling are happy doing it? OK tell me what will be their alternative source of income? I mean who will be feeding them?
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 10, 2019
If God wants me to blow, who am I to say No undecided

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:
cari ur useless sef comot from hia, I won blow joor
You go blow like blow blow
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Facelesscabal(m): 8:20am On Nov 10, 2019
Kingcesar:
Hammer and be safe
Word
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Gazzy88(m): 8:22am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:
cari ur useless sef comot from hia, I won blow joor
And you shall blow
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by simple250: 8:23am On Nov 10, 2019
anonymous1759:

The Government has more than 70% share of the blame. In developed countries students, cleaners, nanny's care givers own cars on loans while paying in installment.
Loans are given at 2.5% - 3% but the Nigeria is about 23%. Even loans are given for mobile phones that's life made easy, what will make you indulge in crime if you've all that you wish for as at when

Let's stop this poverty mentality that students are too young to drive cars. an 18 yrs old is likely to be living alone in develop country's but in 9ja at 30 you're still with your parents struggling.... All these are major factors. In Nigeria 9ja if you're 18 and have a dream to own a car you're considered a criminal that's an awkward and a backward thinking some of these politicians children live a standard life like they're in developed countries @18 some of them are driving sport cars but they'll come here to dish out advice to the youths that having a eye for big things is bad and some gullible people will accept it.

Example is the elite Muslims and the average Muslims. The elite Muslims will brain wash the average Muslims to hold Islam and disregard any other thing including education but these men have all their kids schooling In the best institutions in the world.

God bless you....person weh never travel out nor go understand .

2 Likes

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by cenaman(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2019
So if i blow make i no talk again abi?
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by SenecaTheYonger: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2019
When I came back to Nigeria, all my childhood friends were gone, living large in the Island. The only friend I had on the street told me they all turned to cybercrime. I was shocked but didn't blame them. It was then I understood why EFCC is hunting boys like this, if my own friends could turn to crime, then it must have rampant.

My only fear is for the innocents who get caught in the crossfire.

3 Likes

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by loswhite(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2019
Xisnin:

Their is nothing the governement can do.
Majority of internet fraudsters are undergraduates with no marketable skills.
If they so much love money, they should have enrolled for artisan apprenticeship
and not waste their time in a tertiary institution.
. when politicians like Dino flaunt numerous expensive cars on social media and the Efcc do not go arrest them and ask source of wealth or the marketable skills that they have...lol. There is alot the government can do. Afterall this nonsense started with their constant looting of the country. The refinery that would have created jobs and also reduce our Forex on fuel import is not working,
Why? Someone is extremely rich as a result of those refinery not working even though it kills the value of the naira

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by LOVEGINO(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2019
Na magu don fat like dis shocked

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by loswhite(m): 8:26am On Nov 10, 2019
lonelydora:
No young girl or boy in Owerri wants to work again.

Owerri youths now believe the easiest way to make money is by yahoo yahoo or rituals.
The only thing Owerri get na hotel...lol

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by AngelHoly(m): 8:27am On Nov 10, 2019
I support him

Come and join recharge and get now

It pays more than yahoo and u will be sure of your money

It’s not ponzi nor scam....EFCC don’t have harass you for anything and u will be big

Don’t miss the great opportunity now
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Worksunlimited: 8:27am On Nov 10, 2019
FactBoyz:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Chairman Ibrahim Magu has admonished Nigerian Youths to grow in doing legitimate businesses instead of blowing "inordinate/questionable sudden wealth" in doing illegitimate business.

https:///2019/11/grow-dont-blow-efcc-boss-magu-admonishes-youths.html

Isn't this magu man also not a scammer?

A scammer advising other scammers not to scam... Where is the sense in that?

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by simple250: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2019
Get rich or die trying black man ideal ...
Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Rolly22(m): 8:33am On Nov 10, 2019
Xisnin:

Their is nothing the governement can do.
Majority of internet fraudsters are undergraduates with no marketable skills.
If they so much love money, they should have enrolled for artisan apprenticeship
and not waste their time in a tertiary institution.

You’re talking nonsense here.

1 Like

Re: “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths by Xisnin(m): 8:34am On Nov 10, 2019
loswhite:
. when politicians like Dino flaunt numerous expensive cars on social media and the Efcc do not go arrest them and ask source of wealth or the marketable skills that they have...lol. There is alot the government can do. Afterall this nonsense started with their constant looting of the country. The refinery that would have created jobs and also reduce our Forex on fuel import is not working,
Why? Someone is extremely rich as a result of those refinery not working even though it kills the value of the naira
First of all, government is not in the business of employing people.
Your post just shows that envy and jealousy is the root cause of internet fraud.

There is no rule against flaunting wealth.
If Dino doesn't flaunt his wealth, Davido, Psquare or even Mayweather would.
What would you do about, go to their house to lynch them because they flaunt their wealth?

How about we all sell our cars and start trekking so Yahoo boys can be happy that everyone is equal?

The greedy fraudsters are thriving because Nigeria is too soft on them.
Trust me, if the government is ready, most fraudsters will flee from Nigeria.

They are not the first set of youths. Even students who schooled in extreme poverty
back in the day did not become criminals to live above their means.
There are a lot of artisan skills they can learn quickly to start making money.
We have carpenters, bricklayers, drivers, and roadside mechanics that this "unemployed"
youths can emulate.

EFCC is just scratching the surface, the day of the Yahoo boys are coming.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Magu: PDP Left Behind Huge Corruption Mess – Garba Shehu / Buhari Seeks National Assembly’s Approval To Borrow Fresh $4bn, €710m / Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.