Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? (25972 Views)

I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO) / 3 Freelance Platforms To Consider If You Lose Your Job Due To Corona Virus / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by seunmohmoh(f): 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ireboya:
10k for 1month as a bet9ja cashier ..I don suffer for this life, if I catch the manager ehn...Buh we thank God now, 10k na chicken change naw cool
Mine was 12k for one month also. Dem still sack me join as per say dem wan date me I no gree.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Omo9ja147(m): 1:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
Auxtin85:
Me and 5 friends fell a tree for a friend’s mom, it took us 5 days and she paid us #100.
..hahahaha... oboi eh... that's harsh... mehn

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by kolaaderin: 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2019
ola33t:
shocked

A BOTTLE OF KREST
That sound like a raping job
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2019
Can't forget 2012,my first work at dunamis fastfood,salary was supposed to be 10k monthly but i worked for 4 months and took home just #6640,yes i still remember the exact amount because i was so pained,the useless manager told me that's all he had with him when i tendered my resignation letter to him because i was tired of working for months without payment..
He told me to check back to collect my balance of 33k but i never got it till now....

When i look back now i thank God because he has been faithful,i am not rich yet but way better..

HUSTLE RIGHT.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by christabell18(f): 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
6k...after secondary school,had to keep my self busy with something.the labour was more than the pay.it was a shop where I sell wines and any other drinks,even cway'dispenser'...I'd clean the bottle of wines one by one everyday(more than 100 bottles),bring out 95 packs of can drinks,20packs of soft drinks,10 packs of juice(five alive and so on),six dispensers with water(not empty),mop the floors everyday,clear the gutter every Saturday,and go extra mile to buy food for her rotten children.my dad didn't know this because he'd kill me due to the fact that we're rich (he used to head a ministry at alausa Secretariat and also had headed the Lagos State water coporation),I just didn't wanna be idle.my mum had to agree with me,although she was always complaining that I wouldn't be doing it for long.
I did this for 6months and she just sent me away cos I came late just once.The ingrate didn't remember that I willingly open on Sundays most times for her.well,I felt she just had bad friends who were always envious of her cos I brought her lots of customers to buy in bulk.
But the day she sent me away,holding my 6days pay,I cursed her and glory be to God,the business has undergone liquidation.i feel it serves her right.
Call me the devil,but I don't care.All I know is now I'm happy.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by christabell18(f): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
There was even a time she gave me 4k instead of 6k cos I mistakenly gave a customer the wrong balance.she deducted it from my salary,that witch.Gid will punish her the more o.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Odunolumide(m): 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by drezo(m): 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
I think the least I have been paid is 12k with attitude. grin

People of good will, I'm looking for a job, in marketing or information technology / AnyOne(lemme consider myself if I can do it). If you have or know of any Job opportunities, please kindly refer me. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by m140(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
SEGLIZ:

you are right, the start are good ones but the established one the real culprit here they just mean to say the least.
you find the same trait in them all like they were schooled for their act by same tutor, this they go to hold meetings on how to inflict pains on their teachers.
Haaaa! You dey vex ooo, well not all are the same sha but most
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by vecman22(m): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

As a real niggarrr
Gone are those days!!!
My first salary in one national integrated power projects in Edo state under some expatriate ( maylasian, Thailand and Pakistani) was thirty thousand naira then.

But now i don't do salary shit

Now i just keep on bombing with my updated tools and format while changing my internet protocol from static to dynamic

Baba abeg teach me work na..make man fit chop food abeg
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by speaktome(m): 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
N3500 as a factory worker after my secondary school year 2000
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by pascalbenz: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
I just still dey find way forward .....dis life just too harsh, sometimes no be wetin one plan him dey end up see sad sad

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by SalamRushdie: 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
fairy88:
Mine was after working for 15 days, on the day am suppose to receive my salary, being on my birthday, getting to the gate, I was giving a sack letter and was not allowed to go inside the company, just like that, simply because I refuse to play the card..I cried like I lost someone, my pain was not only the money, but combining studies and working, yes I was schooling and working, morning am in the school, get home 3pm, leave for work 5pm, from work to school again the next morning, for 15 days I couldn't get enough sleep and it went just like that.... what would a poor girl do? Nothing, I got that job because I need to pay my fees, no appointment letter was given, who will fight for me? No one, I left it for God.

It's easy to see why you were fired
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Ejusni(m): 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
etibaba:
I wouldn't say i was desperate though, I just wanted to experience what it's like to earn, it was a factory job then around 2010-2011, daily wage was #550 cumulating to about #12650 monthly. It had 3 shifts, morning shift (6am - 2pm), afternoon shift(2pm - 9pm) and Night shift (9pm - 6am) mind u all shifts are without break.

Only boy Na lie.. which kind lie be that so you nor dey sleep in a day?

Believe what people post in Nairaland at your own peril!!!?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Joystark(f): 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
ajatim:
1300 monthly salary peace n joy nursery and primary school

lol... You sha had to include the name of the school
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by rossovu: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
600 naira a month...chai
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Sirwallace(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
Way back 2012. As a Bsc degree holder I was employed in an organization willing to pay only N10,000 and paltry commission for targets that is far difficult to achieve. I joined following advice
of benefits of job experience from wicked and village pipu on this yeye forum. 3 months later I was sacked not able to meet their unrealistic target. I even protested the sack maybe because mumu still they worry me or something, but now I have no regrets because am self employed doing fine.

Pls dont make laugh please.

I took similar advice and worked in a factory for 3 months all in the name of gathering experience.
I ended up working with women as factory worker doing carry carry with almost a month delay in salary payment.

Nobody tell me anything before I japa.
Looking for better opportunity with B.tech in mech engine.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Timsilver(m): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ejusni:

if you have worked in a factory you would understand. No lies there. I know a factory with that kind of shift tool date.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Kay03: 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
50 k at Kada Cinemas, Benin City with MSC. I enjoyed working there...free movies plus loads of nice people

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by etibaba(m): 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ejusni:

You can see u are daft right? What does the word "Shift" mean.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Ejusni(m): 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
etibaba:
You can see u are daft right? What does the word "Shift" mean.
Ask your landlord father
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Ugmama(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
#7500 teaching in a private school in 2015.

They still owe me till today.

Anyone that can link me up to better something.

I can fly. winks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Timsilver(m): 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2019
NACE13:
Mine was 10k when I was undergoing my IT in a private IT company back then in school. In fact the man said he wasn't gonna pay me and I gladly accepted because I just wanted to further my learning in web development but after a week i had almost exhausted the money my parents gave me on transport. I had to go back and reason with the man. Luckily for me, I later met a neighbour who works(in a bank) close to the company, so I always 'hitched' a ride when he's leaves for work.

Another was when I just learnt how to print and customize t-shirts and jerseys, my first client paid me just 1k to help customise his jersey. Yeah, I was desperate and I wanted to sell my service to the public and it helped me quite well. I started getting printing job contracts. Quite stressful but the pay is worth it. I have kinda put furthering my web development plans on hold for now

Man, I dey find you. You have not replied my mail. Send me your contact let's talk.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Hypocrit: 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
m140:

Nigerians wicked, wicked people wicked government, that contractor will now give the remaining money to his wife and children, or one useless gf,
na so we see am o.

But i am glad that era is passed.

Life is stages
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Sirwallace(m): 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2019
My first salary was 2500 at a private primary school very close to my house in 2007. Just using that to past time and prepare for jamb.
When admission did not click and the money wasn't enough for upkeep.
Fast forward to 2009, I entered road and found one of this recruitment firm with signboard that read "workers needed."

So I Applied with passport and cv only to be posted to a factory working in 3 shift.
6am-2pm morning
2pm-9pm afternoon
9pm-6am night
We get paid 450 naira per day and 500 on sunday. Those indians in a factory will use u and your spirit altogether

Fortunately, admission came in late 2010. Resume school 2011 and now a B.Tech in mech engine looking for job opportunity.
I have front development skills; html & css.
Newbies in javascript.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Hypocrit: 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
actrinity:
10k salary. na there feeding and house rent dey oooo. it wasn't that easy for me during that period. I swear. But my God Liveth.
i have received 5000 naira as monthly salaries while working as a sales boy in a cement stall for my madam then.

But is just few of life experience most people will encounter

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
KingAzubuike:
165,000k.

Did it because I had no option.
Hmmmm Salary of a level 14 officer in civil service

1 Like

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Bashirkareem31: 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
I paid #500 as bribe to get employed for a job of @1,800 monthly salary in 1998.I had to abscond from the work after managing to finish the first month.Such a toilsome work for a fresh secondary school leaver like me.But I still got #1,400 at the end of that month(#900 interest).NEW GENERATION INVESTMENT(producer of lolita braids) at mushin.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Hypocrit: 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2019
gabsmilez:
3k the bastard still no wan give me my money after working (tuturing his kids) for him for one month, i have to pin him to the wall before he release the money, northern people with cheap labour sha
i was paid 5000 naira for 3 months i worked as a retained apprentices then.

I was told for me to receive the usual 10000 naira monthly pay, i should go and bring an application letter.

And he refused to pay for the extra 2 months i worked while still on a 5000 naira monthly pay.

He even went ahead adding to certificate money to 1500 naira against our initial agreement of 1000 naira.

And i spend atleast 150 naira daily for transportation ( this is even only possible with me trecking part of the distance) excluding feeding as i have to get to work before 8:00am and close 6pm for the day. He never gave me feeding money.
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by deltateam: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
ajatim:
1300 monthly salary peace n joy nursery and primary school

grin What an irony. In peace and joy, you found misery and hardship. How did you survive?

Not even enough for pure water and soap for washing clothes for a month!

I am not talking of transport, feeding, clothing, housing etc

Some employers fit kill Pesin.
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by Hypocrit: 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
olamilarks:
I and a friend did something like this in rural Ikorodu that year!
it was horrible and funny at thesame time.
Re: What Is The Lowest Pay You Have Received For A Job Due To Desperation? by senatepresido: 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
landforeast:
12k as a Computer Instructor many years back. Now I pay people from 40,000 and above.
please can I work in your organization

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Can I Do When My Boss Treats Me Like This? / Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny / Two Men Electrocuted In Kaduna While Working On A Streetlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.