Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 (2586 Views)

In Need Of Solara 2002 Headlamps / Advise On Toyota Avalon 2006 / Decision On Toyota Avalon 2002 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by izmercy(m): 8:07am On Nov 09, 2019
Hello FAM,

Kindly assist me with this:

Would you advice a first timer to buy a Toyota solara.

Thanks.
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by nurey(m): 3:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
izmercy:
Hello FAM,
Thanks.
Solara = Camry in coupe or convertible form
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by izmercy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
nurey:

Solara = Camry in coupe or convertible form
Camry in coupe sir.
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by nurey(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2019
izmercy:

Camry in coupe sir.

A solara is a Camry. if you want to buy a coupe or convertible Camry, it would be called Solara. The solara shares platform and part with Camry the difference is the design to make it more sportier since that is what coupe and convertible are known for.

A coupe is a 2 door hardtop or soft top vehicle.

A convertible is a 2 door hardtop or soft top vehicle with the ability to retract it's roof leading to an open roof.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by izmercy(m): 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
nurey:

A solara is a Camry. if you want to buy a coupe or convertible Camry, it would be called Solara. The solara shares platform and part with Camry the difference is the design to make it more sportier since that is what coupe and convertible are known for.

A coupe is a 2 door hardtop or soft top vehicle.

A convertible is a 2 door hardtop or soft top vehicle with the ability to retract it's roof leading to an open roof.

Thank you for your response.

However, I Will appreciate if you can assist some maintenance tips and common faults. Also ,is it suitable for someone like me who's driving and buying a car for the first time. I have heard people saying there are particular products suitable for first experience. They suggest corolla but the dashboard is not appealing to me.
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by nurey(m): 8:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
izmercy:

Thank you for your response.

However, I Will appreciate if you can assist some maintenance tips and common faults. Also ,is it suitable for someone like me who's driving and buying a car for the first time. I have heard people saying there are particular products suitable for first experience. They suggest corolla but the dashboard is not appealing to me.

if you are comfortable with a coupe or convertible then this car is good for a 1st timer, not a robber magnet, I can't categorically say it's a chic magnet either but you won't have much trouble with the vehicle.

The year you are looking at has 2az for the 4 cylinder though it is from Canada I am not too sure if it experience the oil burn known for camry
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by izmercy(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2019
Thank you sir.
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by izmercy(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2019
nurey:

if you are comfortable with a coupe or convertible then this car is good for a 1st timer, not a robber magnet, I can't categorically say it's a chic magnet either but you won't have much trouble with the vehicle.

The year you are looking at has 2az for the 4 cylinder though it is from Canada I am not too sure if it experience the oil burn known for camry

Thank you sir
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by Lmlife: 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2019
Oh yeah!!!! I bought my second solara early this year and it's been great! ((Fully pimped to my taste wink ..used the 2002 years back and it didn't disappoint.
I use it as my second car though...it's a 2005 model.extremely rugged and leg spacious.

For a first timer (depends on what you need it for me)
I usually would not advice anyone with kids to drive only a one door vehicle...(in case of emergency) but if you are a lone wolf or just a spouse...it good to go.
Have a reliable mechanic check it out for you...
( preferably with a machine...you will spend a little box but save yourself the big box on the long run wink Please contact the gurus here on nairaland to help you with Vin check also.

What more can I say? Welcome to the solara family. Hugs.lol .

(My English is not so great! It's my second tongue)

1 Like

Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by izmercy(m): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
Lmlife:
Oh yeah!!!! I bought my second solara early this year and it's been great! ((Fully pimped to my taste wink ..used the 2002 years back and it didn't disappoint.
I use it as my second car though...it's a 2005 model.extremely rugged and leg spacious.

For a first timer (depends on what you need it for me)
I usually would not advice anyone with kids to drive only a one door vehicle...(in case of emergency) but if you are a lone wolf or just a spouse...it good to go.
Have a reliable mechanic check it out for you...
( preferably with a machine...you will spend a little box but save yourself the big box on the long run wink Please contact the gurus here on nairaland to help you with Vin check also.

What more can I say? Welcome to the solara family. Hugs.lol .

(My English is not so great! It's my second tongue)
grin
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by Danthemariner: 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
izmercy:
Hello FAM,

Thanks.

About to get this as my first car

Solara 04

Pls any advice
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by nymphomaniac(m): 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
Danthemariner:

Solara 04

Pls any advice
it’s a good car. Tokunbo or used?

1 Like

Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by Danthemariner: 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
nymphomaniac:
it’s a good car. Tokunbo or used?

Nigeria used
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by FlippersCare123(m): 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
Danthemariner:

Solara 04
Pls any advice

it's a good car
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by nymphomaniac(m): 8:01am On Jul 13, 2022
Danthemariner:

Nigeria used
take a competent mechanic to confirm the car is in good condition.

God be with you
Re: Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 by SamuelTaiw0(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
I have got this for sale;

Toyota Camry XLE
2.4L 4plugs
Very neat
Leather Upholstery
Engine in Pristine condition
Transmission in perfect condition
AC is freezing standard
First Body. No dents at all
Location- Fagba

Don't go and buy Pangolo for 1.9m
Add small money and enjoy. Car is still like Tokunbo owner never really used it
No dealer involved owner is selling directly
Car is as it is in this picture
Asking price is 2.3m

Call or WhatsApp zero7zero2679348six
Fastest finger

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Mario Balotelli's New Ride / ML 320 (1999 Model) VS Toyota RAV4 (1999-2000) / Car Stereo And Horn Just Stopped Working(fixed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.