Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

"The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 (20447 Views)

Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video / Immigrants Working As Traffic Warden In London - Channel 4 / Immigrants (including Nigerian Traffic Warden @ Work In Westminister - Channel 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by ezeagu(m): 1:32am On Nov 27, 2010
You people are wicked though! shocked
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by r231(m): 7:42am On Nov 27, 2010
Tippy Top:

I hope the Yorubas don't "Peckhamnize" Hackney.
I stopped going to cringe worthy  Peckham years ago.

whats the diff between peckham and hackney

if anything hackney is more dangerous
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by vanitty: 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2010
That julie girl get hot temper. Pele pele
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Ibime(m): 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2010
r231:

if anything hackney is more dangerous

Hackney is not dangerous. There is nothing dangerous about Nigerians.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Idowuogbo(f): 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2010
vanitty:

That julie girl get hot temper. Pele pele
tel me about it , i swear if i was d elder broda and she was slamming my doors like dat , i wud uppercut her .she nids anger management classes , she so rude to her mum

r231 hackney was dangerous but now evrywhere is dangerous , north east west south , even midlands cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 12:49am On Dec 09, 2010
That Julie, the oldest daughter, has issues!

The issues stems from a popular disease that she has contracted in her hood. I have labelled it GBWA.

GBWA = Ghetto Black Woman Aggression.

I highlighted it earlier here in the things women do that I hate:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-332296.64.html#msg4663658
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 12:58am On Dec 09, 2010
I really don't see why you guys are putting down Ayo. He seems a decent chap comparatively.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 09, 2010
That Julie's outrageous behaviour shows the dangers of raising your kids in the UK, USA etc. She's selfish, with zero manners, no discipline, no respect. Tragic.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Idowuogbo(f): 1:05am On Dec 09, 2010
^gushhhh, carri ur campaign she has anger problems wot has dat got do wiv d country
smh
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by SEFAGO(m): 1:13am On Dec 09, 2010
The show will not last long though just like Miss jocelyn which was prolly way funnier.

Hackney is not dangerous. There is nothing dangerous about Nigerians.

I beg to differ grin
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 1:37am On Dec 09, 2010
ROSSIKE:

That Julie's outrageous behaviour shows the dangers of raising your kids in the UK, USA etc. She's selfish, with zero manners, no discipline, no respect. Tragic.

I had a girlfriend exactly like her once. They also look alike a bit (bodywise at least).

The sad thing was that deep down all she really wanted was happiness but she just does not know how to communicate it effectively and without anger. The lack of good communication was a manifestation of the environment she grew up in (the hood) where that gets you through from child years.

Worse still, she hated being judged and struggled with feedback or correction, which was a hard thing not to give considering that kind of behaviour. Very aggressive and argumentative and hardly stops to listen for a while. She just raised her voice and talked over someone, no matter how nicely you are talking to her about what she has done wrong. No matter what you try and tell her, she saw it as an attack on her personality, instead of a weakness to ruminate over and change. I coincidentally met someone years later and she was talking about one of her friends that had anger issues. And when I asked her the name, she said it and I said "She is my ex".

Now Julie Adesina has seen a film of herself, hopefully she would see how dysfunctional girls like her are. But deep down, from my experience with a girl like her, she will live in denial and be defiant. She would excuse it as just TV editing that made her look that bad. She would say she is lovely and just principled and so was just standing for her "principles" that others don't get.

No, Julie Adesina, you are a dysfunctional brat!!!
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by yme1(f): 1:48am On Dec 09, 2010
Sagamite:

I had a girlfriend exactly like her once. They also look alike a bit (bodywise at least).

The sad thing was that deep down all she really wanted was happiness but she just does not know how to communicate it effectively and without anger. The lack of good communication was a manifestation of the environment she grew up in (the hood) where that gets you through from child years.

Worse still, she hated being judged and struggled with feedback or correction, which was a hard thing not to give considering that kind of behaviour. Very aggressive and argumentative and hardly stops to listen for a while. She just raised her voice and talked over someone, no matter how nicely you are talking to her about what she has done wrong. No matter what you try and tell her, she saw it as an attack on her personality instead of a weakness to ruminate over and change. I coincidentally met someone years later and she was talking about one of her friends that had anger issues. And when I asked her the name, she said it and I said "She is my ex".
Now Julie has seen a film of herself, hopefully she would see how dysfunctional girls like her are. But deep down, from my experience with a girl like her, she will live in denial and be defiant. She would excuse it as just TV editing that made her look that bad. She would say she is lovely and just principled and so was just standing for her "principles" that others don't get.

No, Julie, you are a dysfunctional brat!!!
you are one HELL of a Man to be able to put up with that behaviour she gat
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by thameamead(f): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2010
ElRazur:

Lol @the white garment.

I am guessing them be Cherubu or Cele? shocked Lol

Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by candylips(m): 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2010
julie dey cuz wahala for that house o
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by denzel2009: 4:12pm On Dec 09, 2010
Why on earth did they get that phone for Daddy?
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2010
y me:

you are one HELL of a Man to be able to put up with that behaviour she gat

To be fair, it was not always like that from the start.

She was like that to other people and I used to tell her to stop or calm down that it is not acceptable, which she did listen most times but you would see that she was still fuming and boiling under. It was only like that in the later half of the relationship as familiarity, you-did-this record keeping and relationship fights built up. I don't argue with girlfriends in public and I made that clear to her even from the word GO that whatever is biting should wait till we find privacy, she struggled with that sometimes because she always wants to explode but I just will never engage in something private in public.

One thing about her and girls like Julie Adesina is that they have no functionality in their brain of when THEY do something wrong, no matter how bad, they always have an excuse of what "triggered them" but they are very good at identifying and magnifying whatever they perceive has been wrongly done to them even if what they do is worse.

Let me give you an example, look at Julie, see the way she shouts at everyone older than her, even goes to her older brother's room to shout and insult him that he left a used "spoon" in his own bedroom and slams the door to the bedroom of her older brother and even damages it. She sees nothing wrong with that. She thinks she is justified to act that way because she was "triggered" (in this case, by a dirty spoon  grin).

Now, it is THE SAME JULIE that is exploding that her junior sister did not "ask nicely" to use the toilet in her room, she felt it was "disrespectful" and is blowing a fuse and bullying the small girl.

She has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE about her own bad behaviour towards others which is WORSE than what she perceives is wrongly done to her, which she takes note of very well and explodes over.

One other thing that I saw in Julie Adesina that made me almost laugh my arse off at the similarities with my ex was when she was confronted and corrected by her mother GENTLY and SOFTLY, she shouted and argued hard, would not let her mother talk. She then later went off crying in her room. She felt utterly victimised, misunderstood and unappreciated because she really thinks she is putting alot of effort in and is wondering why no one is giving her some loving attitude back (which, deep down, is something she craves very badly).  grin SMH That was typical of my ex, very badly behaved but hated feedback and would cry that her good side is not appreciated, and she is being victimized. You give her a cuddle because of the tears and just forget it and she is beaming soon. Both girls don't realise their attitude is too over-the-toply dysfunctional that it overshadows all the good qualities (which they do have).
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Basildon1(m): 10:54am On Dec 10, 2010
^^^^
Gals like this are so difficult to handle cos they really exist in their own world literally. They actually might not mean any harm but they will never see the reality of what they do.

At some point, everyone gives up on them and strangely enough, they begin to think everything is OK/they were right all this while while the stark truth is that they are just being tolerated/ignored.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 7:48am On Dec 22, 2010
Yesterday's episode proved two analysis of Julie Adesina I highlighted earlier absolutely correct:

1) She admitted and made clear all she wants is loving affirmation. As I said, that is one thing deep down she craves badly despite her front of intense confrontationalism. But it is hard and close to impossible for any sane human being to reward such behaviours with loving affirmation.

2) She has no functionality in her brain of when she has done something wrong. Imagine, she quits in the midst of her parents' business struggling, she disappears in anger for 2 days. When she finally shows up, her father asked her where she has been, she actually felt slighted and thought he was in the wrong for not showing her a loving homecoming but rather is asking her where she has been. She has no functionality in her brain of the wrong she has done to them by disappointing them, to her, an explainable trigger was the cause of her actions so she is not wrong. But she is full of knowledge and is vocal at the perceived wrong done to her by asking her where she has been.

She is so much like my ex it is shocking.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 22, 2010
'only a white man can handle Julie '

but seriously, the gal got issues tongue
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by candylips(m): 10:16am On Dec 22, 2010
white man sef go run
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by justise: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2010
Can anyone post some clips here

Cant find it on Youtube
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2010
My experience has made me understand and get this Julie Adesina girl to a T.

On her one-to-one interview on channel 4 website, she proved my analysis of her looking for happiness and hating being judged (two keywords I used in my third post) absolutely correct when she admitted:

". . . . .She also sees being argumentative as being both a strength and a weakness, she fears judgment and her long-term ambition is happiness, for both herself and everyone else."

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-family/articles/julie-adesina
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by yme1(f): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2010
imagine she saying to her dad, you haven't seen your daughter for 2days and all you could say is where have you been madam shocked
and i was like WTF, how could you just leave the house like that and damning everyone? she has gat no single respect
la madre que le pario angry
i really got cracked up when she said DAD DID YOU MISS ME grin grin miss fire, rubbish can you imagine undecided
that girl gat lots of issues
what does she even mean by her dad not getting to know her when she doesn't want anyone to get close to her undecided
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
Julie Adesina desperately wants to be loved and cherished but she is not lovable and unfortunately she does not realise that, that is the sad thing.

And the only way she knows how to respond, and applies in responding, to not being shown the love she craves is to be even more belligerent and even less lovable as she sees the lack of love as a trigger.

She is going to struggle in relationships in future except she finds some crazily mellow guy that can take her bullshit and still be showing love.

She is a pretty girl and will not struggle to find a guy but holding to the guy would be the challenge and when she grows older and loses her prettiness, she risk being alone as hardly any man will settle for a woman with that attitude without looks except he is strongly into sadomasochism.

I have an ex-colleague female friend from Zambia that is far more older than me as she is now around 40s, she is very gentle and cool but when I said it, she told me I did not know her when she was young. She basically described this kind of Julie, that is how her marriage with a Nigerian guy broke down in her early 30s after dating since her late teens. Despite only hearing her side of the story, it was obvious she was the problem of the relationship as she admitted she was ridiculously hot-headed despite her still insisting it was 50:50 fault. But I noted  she was so bad she could not even put majority blame on the guy as most women will do when you hear only their side of the story.

She is around 40s now and still single and now trying to build relationships as a remarkedly mellow and nice woman. Obviously she meets mainly divorcee guys that are more willing to enjoy their regained freedom than quickly return to jail down an aisle.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by GODSON2009(m): 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2010
she wants to be loved, is that why she wants to inherit her father's properties before his death and then quit in a strop because she wasnt allowed to have her way
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 23, 2010
cheesy cheesy

Knew all that girl needed was some kpanshing grin

The mum held her rabbit and said 'I'll give it to charity' without knowing what it does ROFL
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by candylips(m): 1:30am On Dec 23, 2010
^^ lol girls of nowadays grin
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by yme1(f): 2:37am On Dec 23, 2010
buhaha at love machine grin grin

anyway i think that girl gat serious issues oh and i hope her going to America will make her realise her mistakes and start thinking straight
but i really didn't agree with the parent's when they came back seeing her doing the house work yet shouting at her
i know she is no angel but the least they could do was encourage her and that alone will make her wanna do more tho she ain't letting stuff easy on herself much more the family
she is definitely gonna miss them and i just feel the house is really gonna be boring and less lively without both girl's cry

Ola dey chop oh that kid never gets tired of eating, my goodness shocked
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by r231(m): 9:20am On Dec 23, 2010
Saw the last episode of the family, always knew the girl was frustrated but no proof until the mum found the surprise, :-)
It's the right thing for the mum to suggest donating the surprise to charity and put a little smile on someone else face this festive season,
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Epiphany(m): 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2010
Sagamite:

She desperately wants to be loved and cherished but she is not lovable and unfortunately she does not realise that, that is the sad thing.

And the only way she knows how to respond, and applies in responding, to not being shown the love she craves is to be even more belligerent and even less lovable as she sees the lack of love as a trigger.

She is going to struggle in relationships in future except she finds some crazily mellow guy that can take her bullshit and still be showing love.

She is a pretty girl and will not struggle to find a guy but holding to the guy would be the challenge and when she grows older and loses her prettiness, she risk being alone as hardly any man will settle for a woman with that attitude without looks except he is strongly into sadomasochism.

I have an ex-colleague female friend from Zambia that is far more older than me as she is now around 40s, she is very gentle and cool but when I said it, she told me I did not know her when she was young. She basically described this kind of Julie, that is how her marriage with a Nigerian guy broke down in her early 30s after dating since her late teens. Despite only hearing her side of the story, it was obvious she was the problem of the relationship as she admitted she was ridiculously hot-headed despite her still insisting it was 50:50 fault. But I noted she was so bad she could not even put majority blame on the guy as most women will do when you hear only their side of the story.

She is around 40s now and still single and now trying to build relationships as a remarkedly mellow and nice woman. Obviously she meets mainly divorcee guys that are more willing to enjoy their regained freedom than quickly return to jail down an aisle.

Hey brov, is it that you've been hurt real bad before or are you a budding psychologist? grin
I read the write up on the link you posted earlier and you dey analyse well o! And hell yeah, that Julie girl has issues. At this rate, its going to be pretty hard for her to live with a man.

r231:

Saw the last episode of the family, always knew the girl was frustrated but no proof until the mum found the surprise, :-)
It's the right thing for the mum to suggest donating the surprise to charity and put a little smile on someone else face this festive season,

Maybe thats why she uses that 'surprise' Lollllllllllll
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2010
Epiphany:

Hey brov, is it that you've been hurt real bad before or are you a budding psychologist?  grin
I read the write up on the link you posted earlier and you dey analyse well o! And hell yeah, that Julie girl has issues. At this rate, its going to be pretty hard for her to live with a man.

Maybe thats why she uses that 'surprise' Lollllllllllll

Bruv, honestly, I dated Julie Adesina.

I say that as I really, really can't see much of a difference in the girl I dated and her.  undecided

I had no option but to learn like a psychologist, as I was shocked and intrigued how someone can be so dysfunctional and yet have a very high opinion of themselves.

When Julie was asking for feedback from her brothers and they said "She does not compormise", I fffing knew she was going to argue about it and list (like my ex) the amount of (limited) times she has compromised. I was praying one of them will add the right word that I was muttering, to shut her up, so I loved the way Olu told her "You don't compromise enough" and she could not argue.  grin Otherwise she would have argued she compromises despite the fact she is the one at war with everyone in the house.

The reality is that she wants to be loved irrespective of how badly she has behaved, which is not possible especially for someone like her that behaves badly so frequently and who herself is unforgiven if she feels someone else behaves badly towards her (ones which are normally of less magnitude than her bad behaviours she expects to be loved for). If she gets this love irrespective, it is a huge rush for her and an affirmation she is a special person. That is not the way the world works and it is selfish and hypocritical.

She is a pretty girl but she is not lovable (on a long run) except she changes. If she does not, she faces a lot of heartache in future as men will leave her when they get tired of not coming home to peace or when she loses her beauty as she gets older.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by ShangoThor(m): 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2010
Hey I used to check a girl that shared similar traits to this Julie and she really used to get aggressive if she didn’t get a good hammering within a week. Now I’m not being crude, looool, but note ,  25 years old without the hint of a boyfriend in the UK , pleeeease , no wonder she’s got so much aggression. From experience, this is nothing that a good hammering can’t rectify, I’m just keeping it real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari To Visit France And Britain Tomorrow / "Ndi Igbo Peace Movement "Set To Meet Arewa Youths / Anambra Rep Defects To PDP As Dogara Swears In Three APC Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.