Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

After Last Night, Do You Have Light In Your Area This Morning? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Last Night, Do You Have Light In Your Area This Morning? (461 Views)

People In Niger Republic, Do You Have Light!! Electricity? / Did You Notice Sacrifices In Your Estate Or Area This Morning? / Daura Residents To Buhari: "We Only Have Light When You Are Around" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Last Night, Do You Have Light In Your Area This Morning? by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 09, 2019
So last night the light in my area went off in funny way. Someone rightly captured it when he said, "It was as if fuel finish for generator".

I actually didn't care to bother much about, after all, I'm not new to such epilepsy, but I was surprised to see a post about it on nairaland and that's when I found out it was a nationwide epileptic attack. Lol.

Now fast forward to this morning, there's no light in my area unlike what it usually is. We are usually sure of light everyone morning between 5/6 to 7/8, ceteris paribus, but no show this morning.

So, is it the same in your area or do you have light?

Or did we just experience the collapse of the national grid?
Re: After Last Night, Do You Have Light In Your Area This Morning? by fergie001: 9:56am On Nov 09, 2019
It's a national grid collapse.
Re: After Last Night, Do You Have Light In Your Area This Morning? by haffaze777(m): 10:02am On Nov 09, 2019
we have 30 minutes light this morning
Re: After Last Night, Do You Have Light In Your Area This Morning? by tman14(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2019
It is a grid collapse. Same has been confirmed by some DISCOs
Re: After Last Night, Do You Have Light In Your Area This Morning? by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 09, 2019
1.Light back in my area now for one hour.

2.Grid did collapse.

3.Grid is collapsing because it is old, and not fit for purpose.

4.And we need about 100bn dollars to fix the grid.
Re: After Last Night, Do You Have Light In Your Area This Morning? by Monogamy: 10:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Re: After Last Night, Do You Have Light In Your Area This Morning? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 09, 2019
Kanade21:
1.Light back in my area now for one hour.

2.Grid did collapse.

3.Grid is collapsing because it is old, and not fit for purpose.

4.And we need about 100bn dollars to fix the grid.

100bn dollars, not even naira?

No hope for Nigeria.
Re: After Last Night, Do You Have Light In Your Area This Morning? by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2019
Awol1:

100bn dollars, not even naira?

No hope for Nigeria.

That's why power was privatised in 2014...the government faced the harsh truth, and decided to privatise power (it did work for the GSM sector).

Problem is, a crucial difference between power and GSM....you cannot use a GSM phone without paying. Power, you can use sans payment.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing! See Why Minister Of Works, Fashola Said Nigerian Roads Are Good / Two Days To Poll: Court Sacks Bayelsa APC Governorship Candidate / Bayelsa Governorship: INEC Reacts To Court Judgement Disqualifying APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.