Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,900 members, 7,806,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Buying US Stocks From Nigeria - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (48180 Views)

Please What's The Best App To Invest In Stocks From Nigeria / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Us Stocks Pick Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by Zdoh(m): 5:07pm On Mar 11, 2021
Okada please park.....let me sit here.

2 Likes

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by waze63(m): 12:04am On Mar 12, 2021
gamaliel9:
Can Nigerians buy US STOCKS from Nigeria?Possibly yes... I heard about Chaka and decided to check on them....registration was difficult....i could not input my password.. Then somebody mentioned Trove...but you have to register with your international passport....i also saw an advert of Bamboo Investment App...all these are fintechs that try to bring global stocks to Nigerian residents...From my research,THEY WORK WITH STOCK BROKERS IN THE US AND YOU CAN BUY ANY STOCK YOU WANT, NOT SELECTED STOCKS.

Again, my interest in US stocks is that the market is very developed and efficient... can you believe that there are stocks that pay MONTHLY DIVIDENDS? Even QUARTERLY DIVIDEND....those stocks are sure salaries....they pay up to 90%,80% of the profits because they are exempted from paying certain type of taxes,so they must pay the dividend...This is done mostly by companies in property management and REITs,utility[electricity companies],pipeline companies etc...

Is this not better than what we have here?
What are the demerits of investing in US stocks from Nigeria? Are there problems with that? What do you think?
Thanks for this.. I just created an account with bamboo yesterday and am new to stock so am trying to understand how it works better before I buy stocks
Pls can u recommend any of the companies that pays such devidents on weekly or monthly?
I'm seriously in need of it and this will help me alot
Thanks
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by waze63(m): 12:13am On Mar 12, 2021
gamaliel9:
PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS TO MY INITIAL QUESTION....What is advantage of investing in stocks in US WITH 4% dividend yield or more? or US ETFs?
Is it better to invest in Nigeria stock in stocks that has 8 or 9% diddend yields? The US dividend will come in dollars while the Nigerian one will be in naira....The US dividend will be monthly too not yearly as in Nigeria
Can u recommend any good Nigerian company one can buy stock and get profitable dividends no matter the period?
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by waze63(m): 1:53am On Mar 12, 2021
Trapqueeen:
I have investments in both Chaka and Bamboo. I find chaka's fees more expensive and the interface not as simplified as bamboos'. Also bamboo reduces commissions from 1.5% to 1% when you become a gold member. Your investments are also insured by FDIC for up to $250,000. I have been investing since May and i can say i am very happy with Bamboo. I have added a snapshot of my portfolio (hidden amounts) but you can have an idea of what ~6 months roi looks like. The key is to buy the dips.

You also gain more as a value/growth/dividend investor than a trader due to the high commissions on these platforms (even as at bamboo's reduced 1%), traders need to find commission-free platforms like robinhood.
I'm new in stocks and I opened an account with bamboo. I'm yet to invest because I haven't really understand or known which one to go for.. I could need your advice
And lastly sir... Why can't one find local Nigerian stocks on bamboo?
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by sharone21(f): 3:41am On Apr 04, 2021
Hi,
Please, can someone register with national id card on BAMBOO app? Any advantage of Trove over Bamboo and does it work on any android phone?

Any USA stocks alert app/website for price alerts.

Which USA stocks are on Bamboo?
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by sharone21(f): 3:44am On Apr 04, 2021
waze63:

Can u recommend any good Nigerian company one can buy stock and get profitable dividends no matter the period?

Meristem....Accredited stockbroker and online too. Meristemngdotcom
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by Jerry59: 5:47am On Apr 04, 2021
sharone21:
Hi,
Please, can someone register with national id card on BAMBOO app? Any advantage of Trove over Bamboo and does it work on any android phone?

Yes you can register with National ID. I think the only advantage is commission(1% while Bamboo is 1.5%) also trove has Nigerian stocks. It works on both android and iOS

sharone21:

Any USA stocks alert app/website for price alerts.

Yahoo finance app

sharone21:

Which USA stocks are on Bamboo?
They all have a lot of stocks but not much penny stocks
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by sharone21(f): 10:31am On Apr 04, 2021
Jerry59:
Yes you can register with National ID. I think the only advantage is commission(1% while Bamboo is 1.5%) also trove has Nigerian stocks. It works on both android and iOS

Yahoo finance app

They all have a lot of stocks but not much penny stocks

THANKS a lot for your reply.

2 Likes

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by waze63(m): 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2021
sharone21:

Thanks... I guess this is their site?

1 Like

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by KINGBEN1(m): 12:28am On Apr 09, 2021
Secure the future

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by waze63(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2021
sharone21:

Thanks.... I just signed up with them

3 Likes

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by uzoexcel(m): 6:17am On May 15, 2021
gamaliel9:
These fintechs give you opportunity to have US stocks

1. Chaka
2. Bamboo
3. Trove
4. Rise

What about stocks outside the US? Like Europe
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by ManIzHot: 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
gamaliel9:
Can Nigerians buy US STOCKS from Nigeria?Possibly yes... I heard about Chaka and decided to check on them....registration was difficult....i could not input my password.. Then somebody mentioned Trove...but you have to register with your international passport....i also saw an advert of Bamboo Investment App...all these are fintechs that try to bring global stocks to Nigerian residents...From my research,THEY WORK WITH STOCK BROKERS IN THE US AND YOU CAN BUY ANY STOCK YOU WANT, NOT SELECTED STOCKS.

Again, my interest in US stocks is that the market is very developed and efficient... can you believe that there are stocks that pay MONTHLY DIVIDENDS? Even QUARTERLY DIVIDEND....those stocks are sure salaries....they pay up to 90%,80% of the profits because they are exempted from paying certain type of taxes,so they must pay the dividend...This is done mostly by companies in property management and REITs,utility[electricity companies],pipeline companies etc...

Is this not better than what we have here?
What are the demerits of investing in US stocks from Nigeria? Are there problems with that? What do you think?

great!! Do we have enough of this monthly payable stock on bamboo??
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by DextrousDavid(m): 11:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
Affordable Data is here
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by yazga: 6:40am On Jun 24, 2021
ManIzHot:

great!! Do we have enough of this monthly payable stock on bamboo??
Yes, so also with Trove. You can sign up with the link on my profile and we both get free shares
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by Moblux(m): 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
I want to know how how it works. When are dividends paid? If I want to sell my stocks any time, is it possible? Do I get paid in dollars or naira?

I just registered on Chaka. Are there better platforms than Chaka?

1 Like

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by IyaTola: 9:12am On Jun 26, 2021
Moblux:
I want to know how how it works. When are dividends paid? If I want to sell my stocks any time, is it possible? Do I get paid in dollars or naira?

Your dividend is paid to your wallet in $. You sell anytime any day. Other apps are TROVE, bamboo, choice trade, trading213, passfolio
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by DextrousDavid(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
Affordable data is available
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by gamaliel9: 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
Moblux:

Some dividends are paid monthly, some quarterly[four times a year, after every three months], others semi-annually, while FEW pay once a year.
But you can buy only three stocks that pay quarterly , check the months they pay, and you can be earning monthly depending on the months. Or you can buy 12 stocks that pay quarterly, check their months in such a way that you can be earning WEEKLY

You can buy and sell any time from 2:30pm to 9pm

And the beauty is that Chaka is now LICENCED to do business by Nigerian government as an international broker.
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by gamaliel9: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
The last stock i bought on FRIDAY, they were doing promo, my fees were paid back sef...

1 Like

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by IyaTola: 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
gamaliel9:
The last stock i bought on FRIDAY, they were doing promo, my fees were paid back sef...
which stock?
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by gamaliel9: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
IyaTola:
which stock?

PSEC

I am buying for long term

1 Like

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by gamaliel9: 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2021
This NIO stock eee....
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by DextrousDavid(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2021
Legit and Instant.
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by sircatherine45(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2021
Passfolio's fee is cheap. 0.69% I think.
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by sircatherine45(m): 8:59am On Jul 18, 2021
uzoexcel:
What about stocks outside the US? Like Europe
Add Passfolio too
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by Zeetareal: 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2021
Pls I need help to understand what I am doing on chaka. I bought stock but I need guidance. Pls who can help. Further more I can't even buy local stock because it is telling me "value not present dismiss "
Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by mctfopt: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
Zeetareal:
Pls I need help to understand what I am doing on chaka. I bought stock but I need guidance. Pls who can help. Further more I can't even buy local stock because it is telling me "value not present dismiss "

Download telegram and join the chaka community here

https:// t . me /chakacommunity

Please do not give anyone any money for whatever reason. Just join the group and ask your question to the general community.

Telegram is a great resource for premium information on a lot of things to do with stock.

1 Like

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by Samken2: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2021
Which platform is best and easy licenced/regulated by CBN and NSEC for investing and buying of Nigeria/United States stocks from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by Samken2: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2021
Pls info me
WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Buying US Stocks From Nigeria by Zobah: 3:56am On Sep 01, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Did You Pay Into MMM & How Much Have You Got Back So Far? / Beware Of Nigeria Order Works - New Ponzi Scheme / Why You Should NOT Invest In Nigeria — Priti Patel Writes Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.