Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. (13866 Views)

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) / Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
-
Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by LORDKing001: 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
Inside life... Thank Goodness
Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by Anambralstson: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2019
BeachTime:
I see lots of houses in the background . why should tankers ply on residential streets? There's too many things wrong with Nigeria . this is unheard of anywhere else in the world.
The road is old Enugu/Onitsha Road, not Street it was single lane it was during Ngige and Obi they expanded the road to dual carriageway

2 Likes

Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by Angelfrost(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
Something fishy is going on... This has gone past ordinary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by Nezzel(f): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by Kennethjoe929(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
I think Government should start fining any tanker that fall on the road (a huge amount of money)....Government should also provide new organisation that will be monitoring them cause this is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by Jumorz: 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
nawaooo. Thank God for saving my state ☹️☹️

2 Likes

Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by megama: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
Arysexy:
A Major Fire Incident that would have caused serious damage was today averted in Awka as a Fully loaded Fuel tanker failed break while descending the ever busy Zik's Avenue, by St Patrick's Cathedral Church Awka. The Fuel truck driver have to crash the truck into the open drainage to stop the truck.

The impact of the fall ripped the tank open with fuel gushing into the gutter like the Ochanja incident.

The prompt response of the fire service alerted by the Catholic Church saved the situation, as the fire service truck arrived on time to keep the truck and environment under control in conjunction with the police team.

Reporting live from the scene.
The only place Nigerian Road Safety needs work is on this lorry drivers. Which I dont know if it has ever in wilderst imagination come to their mind.
Not pursuing Keke. And private car owners for brake light. Blaa Blaa.

1 Like

Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by Mcpluto55(m): 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
God will save us
Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by DeYoungJoe(m): 3:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
They said there is an evil spirit in Anambra state government house
Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by captainamiedi1: 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
And I'm at home since morning never knew something like this happen close to me.

1 Like

Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by sweetilicious(f): 3:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
Arysexy:
I thought Anambra State Govt had banned day movement of fuel trucks?
I doubt it is a law already.
Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by webngnews: 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2019
Oh
Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by AmuDimpka: 4:22pm On Nov 09, 2019
Look at the cute houses, neat streets and the environment... That is East for you ...

3 Likes

Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by Earlystar698(m): 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2019
Arysexy:

It's beginning to have some glimpse of terrorist attack. The road is not bad, why always Anambra?
That is what am saying, hardly will you see such in the north.

1 Like

Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by Earlystar698(m): 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
Kanade21:

Well, when you buy a second hand truck that won't have passed safety checks in its country of origin, don't maintain it well, as and at when due, and refuse to make it roadworthy, (and bribe FRSC officials to look the other way)...plus careless driving, and often times, drivers with bad eyesight. (yes, it happens. Road safety once did an eye test at one motor park in Nigeria...and found a lot of drivers have poor eyesight).

Like what do you expect? Not everything is terrorist attack.
well said
Re: Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. by princessdoyenne(f): 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
Very close to Eke Awka. Very busy market. Why do I feel this is a coordinated terrorist attack?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation / Canadian Visa Fee? / Agony, Disquiet As Calabar-bakassi Road Collapses Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.