Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

The Conditions For God’s Promises And Covenants - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Conditions For God’s Promises And Covenants (220 Views)

Breaking Curses, Covenants And Evil Associations / Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof For God's Existence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Conditions For God’s Promises And Covenants by Onyekachi85(m): 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
Standing on the promises and covenants of God makes one unmoveable even in the midst of troubles and difficulties. It is the fundamental tool God has designed.

He designed it for His relationship with mankind. God’s promises and the covenant we have with Him gives us hope even when the situation seems hopeless.

Though your faith will be tested. Learn to trust God with your life when trials come. Also, pray that He will give you a persistence spirit to remain in His promises and covenant.

He knows the best for you. And He will certainly come for your aid at the right time. Because He is a promise-keeping God, and He never fails.

One day a man called Onyemaechi [who knows tomorrow] a kind-hearted man, who enjoys doing the work of God.

He was sleeping at night in his hut, quickly his room was filled with light. He was shivering and vibrating, and was wondering what the lightning was all about.

Suddenly, the Lord appeared to him and told him, fear not my child. I have come to give you an assignment which you will do for me.

He took him outside and showed him a large rock in front of his hut. I want you to push this rock with all your might, and with all your strength.

I will be going to a far country, when I come back I will reward you handsomely. So, the man did as commanded by the master, day after day.

For many years he labored from the rising of the sun to the going down of the sun. But to no avail, his arms and all the joint have started paining and distressing him.

One night as he returned to his hut from his duty post angry and exhausted, feeling that he has foolishly agreed with his master and has embarked on an un-achievable work.

I have wasted all these years in vain without any success Onyemaechi said. Immediately he said that the Adversary (Satan) started planting negative thoughts into his weary and overworked mind.

One day, Satan said to him, you have been pushing that rock for a long time, and it hasn’t moved. Why do you still waste your time and energy on this unrealistic mission?

Therefore, giving him the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure already. These thoughts discouraged and depressed Onyemaechi the more.

But, despite all the pains, sufferings, and all the negative and discouraging thoughts he refused to give up, he continues doing that which his master asked him to do.

After many years of Onyemaechi’s persistence and hard work, his master returned from His journey. How are you doing? his master asked.

Lord, I have labored so long and hard in your vineyard, Onyemaechi said. And have put all my strength and might, just to do that which you have asked me to do.

Yet, after all these wasted years, time and energy, I have not been able to push that rock by a half millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?”

Read more...

https://giftedmouth.com/2019/10/promises-and-covenants-keeping-god.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens :thursday, 14 November , 2019 / DCLM Daily Manna 14 December 2019 / Thank The Living God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.