Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home (51385 Views)

What Should I Do? My Husband Said Our Marriage Is Over-Pls Advise / My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by CoolAmbience(m): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2019
divineappo:
in ur post, u contradicted yourself twice

Are u hungry?

You are either depressed or lack the capacity to understand and correlate things.

My first three paragraphs or so, advised her on aligning with her husband's wish to possibly restore peace in her home.

The next things I said, the next two statements or so, reminded her of the impections of human beings.

Then, my last statements emphasised the need for healthy dialogues between couples as well as tolerance, irrespective of religion or degree of fervency.

E be like say you don go drink Alamo bitters for empty belle....
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by oyinda1599(f): 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2019
logan2:
do you care to tell me what bawo means?
....means "How"

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by SURElee(f): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
And why don't you pray regularly again? Are you a Muslim? If you are and you no longer pray, you should check yourself very well.

At 35, what makes him feel you can't get another husband? You didn't mention children in this marriage. The ball is in your court. You married him, you can either sit up, correct yourself in areas you need to change for your marriage to work or you leave the marriage. A partner who keeps malice isn't it at all, as a marriage thrives on communication, where there is no communication, there is no understanding, no understanding, the marriage or any relationship begins to die.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by olatunyemi(m): 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2019
Eaganguolly:

That's the challenge Africa is facing. Everything is prayers yet nothing is working. When you marry like you said and your wife stopped praying then sack her. You think you have enemy because you are one to somebody, you think of hatred because you hate another person. Why can't you people adopt a simple lifestyle? People that live longer and happily did not achieve that through prayer. Other factors has to be in place

You know one thing about this life which you just missed is the power of choice. I am 23 and I have achieved a lot with hardworking and constant prayers. I have not ever chosen someone as enemy but if truly you think there is no enemy, I pray you don't encounter one. People like you will support a footballer for rejecting a shirt number for another but you won't call it superstition or religious belief. I am from a concentrated Islamic family which I am still upholding the moral belief, if you're not praying, I won't marry you. That's my choice and your opinion is infinitesimal in my decision.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Pat081: 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2019
Pray 5times a day dnt that one make some1 holy if u re wise just sit down on the mat that u people use to pray and wen it is like 3 to 5mins u will stand up and do other things
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by homirefacuny(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
arinpe16:
@baby124, He prays regularly and we have kids.
@pharmagba Did you read the post at all? He's the one telling me that I'm not marketable again. As per obedience and humility, don't judge please. You do not know me.
He doesn't set good example for me. He will pray, eat my food, have sex with me and still keep malice with me? Is that what the Qur'an says about religion? We've been together for 5 years and he didn't see it as a big deal. Why is it now that everything good is coming his way, he suddenly start seeing me as being a devil, not marketable and what not.
So, I'll have to pray for him to love me and do his right? Just imagine. He can't even correct me without threatening me with divorce. Is being divorced a disease?

As long as I never wish him bad and I'm trying, he should know I'll get there, but it takes time. So, i ask again, is divorce the answer?

Madam, you have a good hubby trust me. A man that wants you to be closer to God is a rare kind. I know its not easy but try as much as you can to observe your prayers daily. As time goes on, it will be a part of you and he will love you more. That's one of the sacrifices you have to make in marriage. Shalom
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by divineappo(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
CoolAmbience:

You are either depressed or lack the capacity to understand and correlate things.

My first three paragraphs or so, advised her on aligning with her husband's wish to possibly restore peace in her home.

The next things I said, the next two statements or so, reminded her of the impections of human beings.

Then, my last statements emphasised the need for healthy dialogues between couples as well as tolerance, irrespective of religion or degree of fervency.

E be like say you don go drink Alamo bitters for empty belle....

werey.com
that's ur website
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by joetem(m): 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2019
arinpe16:
Good evening everyone. Please I need your advice.

My husband has been keeping malice with me because I don't pray regularly again (we're Muslims) and he's threatening to divorce me (we only did court wedding and yet to do Nikkah).

He's eats my food but doesn't talk to me. This has been going on for over a year now and it's getting worse. Can I tell his parents? They are strong Muslims and I'm afraid they may blame me more. He also doesn't give me money anymore. I'm tired of his stinginess and he's very insensitive. He believes I'm a devil since I don't pray even though things have changed for the better for him since we met.

He also doesn't believe I can get a husband since I'm close to 35. Please, I'm confused. I don't know what to do.

Inbox me, I have husband for you if he leaves you
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by SarcasticWords: 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
arinpe16:
Thank you everyone. I've gone through the thread and I must say that I really appreciate the criticisms, judgements, insults, abuse and all. For those that asked, he drops money for feeding alone ( sorry I didn't mention that) so, I had to cook for him. I also work and contribute to the home (to all those saying I'm dependent on a man's money at my age. Lol)

Reading through the comments has just proven to me that we have a problem in this country. How can you openly disregard another person's religion just because you weren't born in it. I'm a sociologist and I was made to understand that everything we are today is as a result of our culture.

Can we just stop fighting because of religion? It's very annoying. If you were born a Muslim, you'll practice Islamic religion and if you were born a Christian, you'll go to church. Although, you can decide to change when you grow up.

To our brothers and sisters in Islam, we're sometimes our enemy. We often believe we're perfect because we observe the 5 daily prayers but this is far from the truth. Once you do not use hijab or follow a doctrine, you become a devil.

To my Christian brothers and sisters, you see your wife as a devil once she doesn't pray from morning till night. We have a very big problem in this country and religion is one of it. We claim to be Christians and Muslims yet, we do not love ourselves.

I know praying 5 times daily is compulsory in Islam and I'll adjust and take it one step at a time (nobody can force me. I'm an adult). Then again, what if I pray and my intentions are devilish? People don't care about intentions, all they know how to do best is "eye-service"
Awon pretenders oshi!!!

Praying is very necessary but you can't force it on anyone. It has to come from the heart and the person has to be ready for it.

As for my husband, he's reading this thread too because I had to show him. We're still reading through and laughing together here. I believe we're fine and religion can not tear us apart.

I saw some PMs, I'm sorry I won't reply. I'll have to deactivate now because I'm a regular user of this forum.

Some people on this forum are bitter (according to my husband) and they're happy destroying homes. We'll work it together. Thanks for the advices.

Super Story!
I knew your post was fake all along.
A husband keeping malice because his wife doesn't pray?
What a dum topic to choose, but some dum nairalanders fell for it so Congrats. You ended fooling fooooolish pple with a foolish post.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by rubyjan(f): 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
All this long epistle for what
Every story on nairaland whether made up or real relates to you.

Everyday your man, when will he turn your husband

Nonsense and ingredient.

victorian:

Lemme say my own.

Sighs, if only you know how easy it will be for the devil to attack your home and it's finances, if as he his married his wife is not a praying wife.

I'm not Muslim but one thing I know is this. I dont get tired praying. It's not when troubles or problems bombard your life or your husband's life before u who remember God.

Your husband is just being careful and cautious. He prays 5 times a day even though he's comfortable, simply shows he knows the devil can attack him or his family at any time. He's already covered himself with prayers, the weak line for enemy to attack is now you.
Don't u know if illness is thrown your way, God forbid. He will be the one to spend and carry your enemy upandan. Dont u know such attacks can collapse his financial standing in the family and make him poor aftewards? He's trying to protect all he has laboured for. And with you not praying? A weak link is already discovered which enemies can use and attack his life or yours. Especially yours. And there is no way he won't spend money to make sure u are well again.

To before arm is to be fore warned

I'm Christian, tomorrow is church. I'm kind of weak to go out tomorrow to church. I feel like sleeping and relaxing indoors but whenever I think of how comfortable I feel at home, I will be like lemme just relax Jor and not go to church.

But my past of how I suffered will flash through my mind and eyes and my inner voice will say, sighs Victorian don't be all too comfortable and relaxed in your prayer life. U don't need suffering again to appear before u remember to go out and worship God, just twice in a week. It's not too much.

Immediately the way I suffered flashed right through my eyes, Na church Straight the next day or prayers before I sleep every night. You don't tell deaf and dumb say war dey come.
Ive even introduced prayers into the life of my man . It's very very important.

Don't see prayer as a task. See prayer to God as a way of appreciating God and placing your family in God's hands.

The air you breathe today is not yours. Its just a Privilege. So please remember to always pray to God. Few minutes and u are done. Try and make it a habit.

Be prayerful. And remove the idea of remarrying another man . It's not as easy as u think .

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by realoscar84(m): 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mention Christianity in a negative way. Some of my best friends are Christians. The mode of worship between the 2 religion is quite different n some lazy Muslim who find praying 5x daily as a herculean task will be easily influenced especially in a Christian dominated environment like Portharcourt. That's just what I meant, not to deride Christians.

midnighter:

I dont see why youre bringing Christians into your failed relationship, it seems you just wanted to let off some steam. A Christian can never stop a Muslim from being a Muslim and vice versa. I even used to fast ramadan with some of my Muslim friends so just forget it

Allah ysahilak
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Sukueponmalu: 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2019
baby124:

I have Muslim family members so talk about your own family. My Muslim side of the family is filled with moderate Muslims who do NOT pray 5 times daily.
Stop saying nonsense.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Emilo(m): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2019
what do you pray for 5 times a day......do u people want to deaf God.......na wa oh.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by CoolAmbience(m): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2019
divineappo:
werey.com
that's ur website

Your generation's websites are:

daniska.ng; anumanu.org; abirun.com
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by habeeb500(m): 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2019
dominique:
Try and pray five times a day, with time you'll get used to it. My husband also complains about my non praying regularly so I'm trying to adjust. It's not easy but achievable.
@op you should follow these advice
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2019
Please Good people or Nairaland. I am in a very dark place right now, distressed , frustrated and fed up of life. I feel life is not worth living ,and sometimes I wish I could die in my sleep,other times I feel God has forsaken me . I have lost my drive,energy as every of my efforts have become futile and I now have 0% self esteem and ego. I want you to come to my aid before it's too late . My contact is on my signature down here.

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:
Then leave na...must u tell us? Nonsense
NwaAmaikpe don get wife

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by GogetterMD(m): 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
arinpe16:

I'm not fighting God. I'm not used to praying 5 times daily before we met and he knows. I think he's only using it as an excuse. Is it enough reason to.want.a.divorce?
Bear witness before Allah that he hasn't advocated, probably even plead that you try hard to say just the 5 obligatory prayers.
I fault the both of you though, him for knowing (if he actually did) that you do not say your 5 daily solat, and you obviously for not pushing hard to fulfill praying your 5 daily salawat. It is one of the very first things you'd give account for on the day of al-qiyamah.
In other news, he has every right to seek for a divorce based on this, if you refuse to start to take your prayers seriously. Sorry if I come across as insensitive
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by dalass(f): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2019
crackhaus:
My only issue here is that he's not talking to you but still eating your food.
Does that man like his life at all...

The guy still get common sense jare. Eating food outside will cost him a lot of dough especially since this border closure. She said he was stingy too grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by MisterGrace: 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
harbarzzy:
you just name urself.. religion demon is who you are

I don't like stark illiterates quoting me.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by baby124: 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
oyinda1599:
There is nothing like moderate or conc Muslims, inasmuch you are a Muslim, five times daily prayers is a must. I'm a Muslim dat doesn't go extreme but I don't joke with my solat.
Well the OP has proved you wrong. lol

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by baby124: 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Stop saying nonsense.
Stop saying rubbish

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by baby124: 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
realoscar84:
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mention Christianity in a negative way. Some of my best friends are Christians. The mode of worship between the 2 religion is quite different n some lazy Muslim who find praying 5x daily as a herculean task will be easily influenced especially in a Christian dominated environment like Portharcourt. That's just what I meant, not to deride Christians.

You are a joke. No one can influence anyone. Stop blaming some forces because someone is not a fanatic.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by oyinda1599(f): 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2019
baby124:

Well the OP has proved you wrong. lol
She proved herself wrong not me.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by baby124: 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2019
oyinda1599:
She proved herself wrong not me.
You made a generalized statement. You goofed. You showed that you have no clue what you are talking about and you should limit your comments to your own experience. You can’t speak for every Muslim.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by webngnews: 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
Did you disrespect him
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by midnighter(f): 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2019
realoscar84:
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mention Christianity in a negative way. Some of my best friends are Christians. The mode of worship between the 2 religion is quite different n some lazy Muslim who find praying 5x daily as a herculean task will be easily influenced especially in a Christian dominated environment like Portharcourt. That's just what I meant, not to deride Christians

Ok, no problem.
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Twalin: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
lwkmd
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Sukueponmalu: 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
baby124:

Stop saying rubbish
A moderate Christian is a Christian that doesn’t go to church and doesn’t pay tithe .
A conc Christian is a Christian that goes to church .
Fact!
I have know so many moderate Christians . Moderate Christians don’t even need to own a bible or read it.
It’s only the conc Christians that do all of that.
Facts!
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by Sukueponmalu: 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
baby124:

You are a joke. No one can influence anyone. Stop blaming some forces because someone is not a fanatic.
A fanatic Christian is a Christian that goes to church, read the Bible and pay tithe .
A moderate Christian just need to bear a Christian name . A moderate Christian is a Christian that doesn’t go to church , read the Bible or even own a Bible.
This is a fact
Re: My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home by kikelomojessy(f): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
arinpe16:
@baby124, He prays regularly and we have kids.
@pharmagba Did you read the post at all? He's the one telling me that I'm not marketable again. As per obedience and humility, don't judge please. You do not know me.
He doesn't set good example for me. He will pray, eat my food, have sex with me and still keep malice with me? Is that what the Qur'an says about religion? We've been together for 5 years and he didn't see it as a big deal. Why is it now that everything good is coming his way, he suddenly start seeing me as being a devil, not marketable and what not.
So, I'll have to pray for him to love me and do his right? Just imagine. He can't even correct me without threatening me with divorce. Is being divorced a disease?

As long as I never wish him bad and I'm trying, he should know I'll get there, but it takes time. So, i ask again, is divorce the answer?

Please are you a Muslim? Do you work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Child Dedication Online: My Wife Is Angry I Didn't Spend More / Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound / Chat Between A Cross-Dresser And His African Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.