Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D (2426 Views)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving / FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
Vehicle is a Toyota sienna 2000

3.0L V6

journey was to start at 5:30am but plans never work out so journey to start 7am grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by naijadrivablog: 9:45pm On Nov 09, 2019
Just play on your car stereo, Pasuma FT Tiwa Savage "IFE"

(Ife at’oke lo pa kadara wa po Kadara wa po, mo gba o.
Emi ni Alabi Pasuma
Omo iyawo anobi
Pelu Tiwa Savage
Spells

Bridge:
Iwo ni mo fe
Iwo ni mo yan o
Ti e ni mo gba o
Temi ni ko se o
Iwo ni mo fe
Iwo ni mo yan o

--------------------------

Carry go!!!
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by zeestone99(m): 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
It's a smooth and straightforward ride
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by samintegrity(m): 5:22am On Nov 10, 2019
Simple thing, just don't wear dreads

1 Like

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by Eddee(m): 6:17am On Nov 10, 2019
Move very early - safe journey bro
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 6:44am On Nov 10, 2019
engine check

load for in-laws check

extra fluid check

extra extra Tyre check

water for driver check

food not available

bismillahi Rahman Raheem

journey from Lagos begins

1 Share

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by dicksonadams(m): 7:18am On Nov 10, 2019
Omo thanks God say you no put food "check", you would want to be toileting in the bush.

Nurey is one of the people I respect on nairaland, safe journey bro

3 Likes

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2019
at NNPC shagamu

checked everything we good

1 Share

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by mejai(m): 8:28am On Nov 10, 2019
Nurey, road safety as u transfer from Ife to Lagos.

But wait o, is tyre part of the items in in-laws list? grin

1 Like

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by zeestone99(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2019
Safe journey nurey
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 9:16am On Nov 10, 2019
at old Ife ibadan road to come out at gbagi. checking all checks due to bad road.

shocks and tyres really had it coming. all is well.
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by Conner44: 9:18am On Nov 10, 2019
Lag to ife isn’t far. Highest 4hrs with traffic and checkpoints. You won’t even need to stop for refreshments or to stretch legs. It’s smooth sailing. Godspeed

1 Like

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by codemaster2much: 9:30am On Nov 10, 2019
nurey:
at old Ife ibadan road to come out at gbagi. checking all checks due to bad road.

shocks and tyres really had it coming. all is well.

Nurey shey na the China shocks wey installed about 3yes ago still dey serve you so.

Waoh
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 10:45am On Nov 10, 2019
at wasimi had to turn back, bad road, trailer stucked.
disc very hot no drivability issues but hot Sha.

1 Share

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2019
now at obafemi awolowo teaching hospital complex.

haven't eaten still only water. No damage except front mudflap dangling adjust it but will need bolt or super glue for that.

All is well in engine bay grin

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2019
codemaster2much:

Nurey shey na the China shocks wey installed about 3yes ago still dey serve you so.

Waoh

yes, the shocks are still serving me, no issues. The only thing I change often now is bushings, I always buy new but they don't seem to last pass 6months.
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2019
zeestone99:
Safe journey nurey
Thanks sir
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2019
mejai:
Nurey, road safety as u transfer from Ife to Lagos.

But wait o, is tyre part of the items in in-laws list? grin

Haba Tyre bawo grin

10 strokes of cane for the sarcasm. grin

5 Likes

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by dicksonadams(m): 11:30am On Nov 10, 2019
nurey:

yes, the shocks are still serving me, no issues. The only thing I change often now is bushings, I always buy new but they don't seem to last pass 6months.
Is this control arm bushing?

Guy go buy trailer Tyre rubber make your mechanic help you insert am put as bushing, no more spending on bushings grin
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 11:48am On Nov 10, 2019
dicksonadams:

Is this control arm bushing?

Guy go buy trailer Tyre rubber make your mechanic help you insert am put as bushing, no more spending on bushings grin

Yes lower arm bushing and control arm bushing.

The Tyre thing has been suggested I have declined the offer I am afraid of fire due to type of rubber and damage to car parts due to forceful insertion of the Tyre rubber
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2019
come and

Eat

wack

Chop

Lem

Chao

grin

1 Share

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by dicksonadams(m): 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2019
nurey:

might be because they are chinko shocks, sway bar linkage , before you bought the chinko do you use to change the bushing at about 6 month?
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by ugreat(m): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
nurey:

Yes lower arm bushing and control arm bushing.

The Tyre thing has been suggested I have declined the offer I am afraid of fire due to type of rubber and damage to car parts due to forceful insertion of the Tyre rubber

U still de road?
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
dicksonadams:
might be because they are chinko shocks, sway bar linkage , before you bought the chinko do you use to change the bushing at about 6 month?

It's not shocks quality, if the shocks are bad, first guy to give way would be linkages, then the shock bushings and pad next is drivability issue, if you enter bridge divider or pothole with speed and you no hold steering well, sorry is your case.

The bushings are of low quality coupled with the fact of bad road, The Lekki Epe express way which is my terrain often spoils it. The good thing is that it can be managed nah after two years you really hear the sound continuously for now just 1 of the bushing is bad.

1 Like

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by nurey(m): 7:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
ugreat:

U still de road?

Got to my destination at IFE around 11 something, ate and freshened up then left IFE exactly 12:30.

got to ibafo at around 3:30, the roads back were better and there was no check point not even 1 while I was coming back.

I used 1hr from ibafo to long bridge another 1hr from long bridge to Berger

1hr from Berger to Iwaya where I droped my bro, party everywhere and bad roads

30mins to my home, got home 7:10

2 Likes

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by dicksonadams(m): 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2019
nurey:

It's not shocks quality, if the shocks are bad, first guy to give way would be linkages, then the shock bushings and pad next is drivability issue, if you enter bridge divider or pothole with speed and you no hold steering well, sorry is your case.

The bushings are of low quality coupled with the fact of bad road, The Lekki Epe express way which is my terrain often spoils it. The good thing is that it can be managed nah after two years you really hear the sound continuously for now just 1 of the bushing is bad.

Okay
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:53pm On Nov 10, 2019
I'd be doing a Lagos to benin journey soon. I hope checkpoints are friendly grin

09 Honda Accord i4 smiley

1 Like

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by RZArecta2(m): 11:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
selfmadeOLX:
I'd be doing a Lagos to benin journey soon. I hope checkpoints are friendly grin

you are ordered to give us a blow by blow account of your journey if not enh tongue

1 Like

Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 11, 2019
selfmadeOLX:

That may depend on how recent your plate number is smiley
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by dicksonadams(m): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2019
rationalmind:

That may depend on how recent your plate number is smiley

Boss what is the effect of newness of plate number to how one is treated at check point
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 11, 2019
dicksonadams:

Boss what is the effect of newness of plate number to how one is treated at check point

Those thieves will stop you at almost all checkpoints expecting you to drop

They will take their time to crosscheck and compare your VIN with the one on your papers. Some will go as far as checking and comparing your engine number.

God help you if one digit is incorrect cheesy
Re: IFE to Lagos a road map to great beginning ;D by dicksonadams(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2019
rationalmind:

Those thieves will stop you at almost all checkpoints expecting you to drop

They will take their time to crosscheck your VIN with the one on your papers. Some will go as far as checking your engine number.

God help you if one digit is incorrect cheesy

Na waoh, like how many month is considered new, also how can dey tell by looking that the plate number is new

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benz C240 Fresh From The Yard For Sale @ Give Away Price. / I Want To Testify About the Kindness of Gazzuzz To Nairaland. / Just Got My First Car - Any Advise For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.