Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,010 members, 7,799,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence (17348 Views)

Nigerians Harbouring And Employing Illegal Migrants Will Be Jailed And Fined / IG Of Police Can Be Jailed For Seizing Dino Melaye's Passport - Ekweremadu / Dariye: Why Ex-governor Deserves To Be Jailed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by Charleys: 8:51am On Nov 10, 2019
darazonian:
Sunusi is the worse emir so far produced in the north. Why asked the commissioner of police about criminal negligence law? if they born you well go ahead and make the law. This emir thinks he knows everything as if he was there when the children were kidnapped. you guys (the elites) betrayed your people there is suffering in the land everywhere. So that means those people that are bieng kidnapped on kaduna Abuja highway, zamfara ,katsina, Abuja, Rivers, Bayelsa and so on should be blamed and charged for negligence too. Shame I am disappointed.

Anyone who uses that bolded statement is a Yoruba man, that statement is trending in YorubaLand now, and I hope you won't be slapped one day for using it.
That's one of the most degrading statement for a human being to say and anyone who says this should be acted upon immediately without thinking twice.

Watch out, a time will come when you think it's a Normal thing to say, and you'll wonder why you were slapped for saying it.
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 8:52am On Nov 10, 2019
englishmart:
Drivers on Abuja- Kaduna road should also be jailed for negligence that led to steady kidnappings on that route
Yeye dey smell

Exactly
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by deliveryboy: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2019
gaetano:
I really feel sorry for those kids Sha and their mental health. You can imagine living a life on the streets begging, then you were kidnapped and sold in another state. However your new parents are feeding you well, changed your identity. Then you were found and given back to your biological parents that weren't taken good care of you.

I wouldn't wanna be in their shoes.
I know you would try to justify the ills of your kinsmen but that doesn’t make stealing people’s children a good act. Not all the children were fed some were used for money ritual since it’s the only way Igbos know how to ‘make it’.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2019
They have justify it and still justifying it now using Sunusi speech as back up.

Charleys:
When I wrote here that those children were well fed and taken care of.

And they were angry for being rescued no one believed me. A mod banned me for telling the truth. Now I hope that mod hide his/her face in shame. For this Emirs statement have revealed the truth and the truth hurts.

If you abandon your child on the streets to be taken care of by strangers and that stranger decided to take your child home to give them a proper bath and good food, then why are you (the parents) angry because your child is given a better treatment?

Is that not the plan all along. Or are the parents angry they aren't making cash returns anymore from their begging.
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 8:57am On Nov 10, 2019
dignity33:
I strongly believed that Emir know the true nature of the story until I hear from the so called kidnappers that take children off the street, clothing them, feeding them and change there religion it really hard to believe they are kiddnappers. Allowed newsmen get access to so called kidnappers because tribalism and sentiment engulfed this country that we are fast condemning people of other tribe without hearing from their on side of story , I'm not saying they aren't kiddnappers but let Nigeria hear from them. What I'm trying to said I know igbo people they are so kindhearted especially when it come to see little children roaming on street but I know there is bad people among them too.

So I see. They are not Kidnapper, they just like helping northerners and that's why they abduct them.

Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by Ngwamankillyou(m): 8:58am On Nov 10, 2019
The only Northern Muslim I can vote for. Truth is too bitter. I'm back fellas.
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 8:59am On Nov 10, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Emir Sanusi did not absolve the Ibo kidnappers of this crime. He is attempting first to raise awareness and self accountability....that is, criminals will always be around looking for vulnerabilities to exploit, the parents left their children open to for exploitation....he wants to teach a few a hard lesson so others can learn from it. He narrated painful outcomes in similar instances when playful toddlers accidentaly fall into wells because they were left unattended.

I believe Sanusi took this coronation to add to his resume and to go down history as an Emir of Kano. I wont be surprised he abdicates his throne to run for State Governor in future. His style of ruling and aspirations for a better society is altruistic but in modern days monarchs do not have power to execute the kind of social evolution Sanusi has been lecturing about....that power belongs with a Governor.

I will be glad if he decided to contest for the governor.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:03am On Nov 10, 2019
backnbeta:
He raised valid points...3 and 4 year-olds should still be carefully monitored by responsible adults and not just left to roam the streets looking for food! Doesn't excuse the kidnappers, but fewer children will be kidnapped if more parents are responsible undecided

You put it in more perspective than him (the emir). He did not for once condemned the Kidnappers.
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by maasoap(m): 9:03am On Nov 10, 2019
gaetano:
I really feel sorry for those kids Sha and their mental health. You can imagine living a life on the streets begging, then you were kidnapped and sold in another state. However your new parents are feeding you well, changed your identity. Then you were found and given back to your biological parents that weren't taken good care of you.

I wouldn't wanna be in their shoes.

You meant the children that were kidnapped on their ways homes from schools? They didn't kidnap almajris now. Sanusi misyarned

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by blackboy(m): 9:05am On Nov 10, 2019
Wrong not negligence. It can happen to anyone. They reported the incidence. May police continue to do their work and ppl be more vegilant

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:05am On Nov 10, 2019
Ladiesdoctor:
Who allows their children to roam all over the streets begging? Hausa
Who allows their children to be almajiri? Hausa
Who allows their children to be chained and maltreated by insane scholars? Hausa
Etc etc

I don't know why people hate the truth.

Children roaming the streets for begging are prone for such
The almajiris can be lured or kidnapped without much difficult resistance.

Emir Sanusi hit it right. The parents are to be blame period.

Better get it in to your skull. They are not Almajiri children. They were Kidnapped on their way back from school.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2019
exminister:
so u know more than the émir abi, u pple love to give birth to children, u cannot take care of.

And you people love Kidnapping them abi.
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by maasoap(m): 9:08am On Nov 10, 2019
FriendNG:
Somebody sent his child to school along the line some unscrupulous elements abducted the child, transformed the child into something else, give him/her a new name and change his religion from Islam to Christianity.

After police rescued children, as a leader you did not share the grievance with parents, neither condemned the act, but all of a sudden you want to jail the parents when you have not jailed the Kidnappers.

As a leader you should try to stop the abduction first, charge the accused to court before you talk about the victims share of blame.

Where on earth did you got the information that these 9 kids were Kidnapped while begging on the street? Some were Kidnapped alongside with their mother, they later released the mother and left with the children. Can you call all these as an act of neglect

A child was on his way back home from school and he was abducted & someone tells me it is the parents fault.

Besides, these kidnappings weren't just random, they were well planned and organised. Instead of blaming the victims of this atrocious act, you're blame the community. This is like blaming a rape victim. Just because u are privileged to be a leader by an accident of birth doesn't give u the right to speak so arrogantly.

Indirectly he is giving the abductors an upper hand, because there is not a single sentence where he criminalised the abductors but he criminalised the victims.

You deserved an accolades for this comment. Sanusi is getting old and old that old age is affecting him. Has he taken time to find out the backgrounds of the nine abducted kids and the manners in which they were abducted? No. He was just assuming that they had to be almajris. That's not funny, coming from a man who was almost dethroned for embezzlement of billions of naira that would have conveniently turned the lives of these same street kids around. Everyone is a hypocrite in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2019
MoIbrahim:

“I am not saying others are not guilty, I know tomorrow people will start saying I am blaming parents for abduction of their children. I know my statement is always misconstrued. I did not say they are not guilty, but Hausa man himself observed in a proverb that ‘if the fly is stubborn, the candy is sweet’,” the emir said.

Where is the condemnation?
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by maasoap(m): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2019
JayGraphics:
If you read this article, you will agree to what the Emir has stated.
Don't misinterpret the noble words of this man

He preached the right gospel at the wrong time. The kidnapped kids were not street kids. Simple.
Their parents had gone through a lot, they don't need this kind of thrash coming out of Sanusi mouth at the moment. Not every kid walking on the streets enjoys the privilege of having police or guard watching over him or her like Sanusi's kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:12am On Nov 10, 2019
Awoleesu:

Sorry, did you read and understand this?...

I read and understand it. No condemnation of the Kidnappers in that statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:15am On Nov 10, 2019
mu2sa2:
Bros,you dont know lamido Sanusi enough. The man is the No.1 hypocrite. He is as usual playing to the galery. This is a man that riles about the level of poverty in his area, yet rides in a roll royce - even the money wasted to refurbish the car would have lifted dozens of people out of poverty. He's also accused of blowing the billions of naira kept in deposit accounts by his prudent predecessor. The hypocrite is praising Igbo kidnappers and blaming victims - doesn't he need psychiatric assessment? He is a liar too by saying the children were left begging in the street - this is a most humongous lie, even though coming from a certified hypocrite.

I know him very well. He doesn't even know his function as an accidental emir. You defend your subject before anything else. Let him keep the turban and contest for governor so that he will finally test his popularity and not hiding behind being an emir.

Oya kia-kia Igbo kidnappers, abductors and evangelists head en mass for kano, your accomplice Sanusi lamido Sanusi, who occupies the office of the Emir, has given you the nod to come and empty the city of its children! Of course you criminals should know that it's only poor children you will be able to pounce on, the children of the rich are secured in the GRAs behind gated fences. Sanusi, though your accomplice, but know that his own children are schooling abroad.

Exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by maasoap(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2019
Awoleesu:

Sorry, did you read and understand this?...

“I am not saying others are not guilty, I know tomorrow people will start saying I am blaming parents for abduction of their children. I know my statement is always misconstrued. I did not say they are not guilty, but Hausa man himself observed in a proverb that ‘if the fly is stubborn, the candy is sweet’,” the emir said.

Who are the others he was referring to? He didn't condemn the perpetrators. I'm sure that this is the first time he was speaking on the issue. If this case is reversed, there is no Obi or Eze who was born well that would make this kind of comment! Igbos would roast him alive, call him traitors and betrayer, threaten him with disbarment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:22am On Nov 10, 2019
brandmix:

Well from my viewpoint you and the emir have different sources of information to form the basis of discussion. But since the emir i know, and you i dont, i Stan with the Emir.

Then your point of view is not valid. You are just assuming.

Based on his submission i will summarise for you, kidnappings of minors happen in the north mainly because the kids are neglected to beg (there is no lie in that). Last time i checked, beggers dont go to school or do you guys have school for the beggers up there?

None of the 9 kids were Almajiri. Get your fact right. Go and read the thread on their abduction first before you conclude. Mostly they were coming back from school.

2ndly kidnapping today happen accros the country. Its not unique to any tribe. Its not something to overly play tribal cards on. I once knew a boy who went to write jamb and woke up in Ghana. One person saw him walking aimlessly and managed to get his parents number luckily from him. His parents couldn't care less if the perpetrators were Yoruba, igbo, Hausa, or even Ghanian.

Agreed.

3rdly, based on his submission, you can INFER that he condemed the act of kidnapping. (Check paragraph 10). He was however focused on the apparent root cause "negligence" and not just the symptom "kidnapping" (which happens everywhere today)

He did not condemned the Kidnappers and that's where I am interested in.

before you reply, my argument is based on the premise of the emir, who the last time i checked, is one of the most knowledgeable person in this country*

That's what you're meant to believe. Being vocal isn't form of knowledge. Same mentality of the emir makes him think he knows better than anyone.
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by maasoap(m): 9:23am On Nov 10, 2019
AmazingELixir:

I think it is people like you that Emir Sanusi is referring to... how can a 3- 4 year old be allowed to stroll away to where ever without a guardian.

How many parents down south set their 3-4 year old wards off to school on their own.

Besides are you not aware that underage begging is endemic in the north or you think you know the Emir's people more than the monarch?

Common sense fall on you there!!

"I need someone to help me point out a single statement in the entire write-up where the accidental emir condemned the abductors."

In fact, 3-4 years old don't play on their own down south! Liars and hypocrites everywhere

I am not saying others are not guilty, I know tomorrow people will start saying I am blaming parents for abduction of their children.

He didn't blame them at all. He only reminded his audience that his statement so far against the parents didn't absolve the perpetrators of wrong doing. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:28am On Nov 10, 2019
Rgade:
sad
A lot of people are not happy with what the Emir said and are misinterpreting his message .
The Emir isn't making any case for the kidnappers ,they are guilty as charged and should be treated as such, sanusi is only saying this because of the verbal attacks that have been metted out on the entire igbo tribe because of this.with no blame going towards the parents for negligence.
Remember that idiotic northern "leader" who claimed that it was igbos that distabilized the North with kidnapping ,this message is for idiots like that man ,who will now want to blame their entire failures on the igbo tribe .

It's not misinterpretation. Going by your submission, why must he start with this. He should first condemned strongly the Kidnappers. Then we will come to what he pointed out above.
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:33am On Nov 10, 2019
Ngwamankillyou:
The only Northern Muslim I can vote for. Truth is too bitter. I'm back fellas.

Well anyone you support he loses. So no one is interested in who you support. As in who cares what or who you support. Your opinion or vote doesn't even count. Inconsequential
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by Ngwamankillyou(m): 9:36am On Nov 10, 2019
FriendNG:

Well anyone you support he loses. So no one is interested in who you support. As in who cares what or who you support. Your opinion or vote doesn't even count. Inconsequential

Shut the hell love-vendor, when did your side started winning in Nigeria history.. Bloody opposition. Get lost.
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:36am On Nov 10, 2019
maasoap:

You deserved an accolades for this comment. Sanusi is getting old and old that old age is affecting him. Has he taken time to find out the backgrounds of the nine abducted kids and the manners in which they were abducted? No. He was just assuming that they had to be almajris.

He just assumed. Why find out when he is acting to be someone who knows everything.

That's not funny, coming from a man who was almost dethroned for embezzlement of billions of naira that would have conveniently turned the lives of these same street kids around. Everyone is a hypocrite in Nigeria

I tire.
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by shugabasbn: 9:37am On Nov 10, 2019
Hmm. To be frank his massage is good but Sanusi is too blunt to be royal father, before u passed such message someone should expect royal empathy if not sympathy to the affected parents bn a negligence or not, the parents are really trouble psychologically n emotionally. But if we look at the tone of the message the Emir is already troubled with the practices of negligence among his peiple n looking for the best times to pass the message across n I think he saw the opportunities n used it.
But as a royal father and 2nd in command among the royal father in North what has bn his input to stops this ways of negligence( not a criticising)?
I believed if he rely serious he came mobilise grassroot people not public criticising

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:45am On Nov 10, 2019
breezeng:
It seems you don't understand what your Emir is saying. He's talking generally about child negligence, which is prevalent within the Hausa tribe. Please try to read between the lines. He even said that some people will misconstrue his opinion in which you are guilty. Go to Lagos and the western part of the country, you will see them in number. Child abuse. Sending children out d street for begging on your behalf. In the 1st instance, why did you bring them into this earth if u know u cant cater for them. Its a sin. The kidnappers will definitely face the wrath of the law for there own path.

It's rather you that did not understand me. I am not misinterpreting him neither misconstruing him. I clearly know what I am saying. I would agry with him if he is giving lectures on how to curb Kidnapping in the North.

But here we are talking of kids that were Kidnapped on their way back from school who have nothing to do begging brouhaha. Instead of blaming the Kidnappers, you start with the victims. And an emir for that matter, who is a supposed defender of his people.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by FriendNG: 9:48am On Nov 10, 2019
Ngwamankillyou:

Shut the hell love-vendor, when did your side started winning in Nigeria history.. Bloody opposition. Get lost.

Has your side ever win even for once? Irony is when a second class citizen is asking me to shut up.
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by mgbadike81: 9:55am On Nov 10, 2019
AmazingELixir:

I quite agree with the Emir's strongly worded views, but your bolded statement doesn't sell, there is a reason why such age bracket are called minors.
In a sane society, most children in the North would be forcefully taken and given out for adoption. It still boils down to the same thing which is doing what is best for the children. Have you lived in the North before?
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by Ibrahim3307(m): 10:06am On Nov 10, 2019
Sanusi is absolutely right
Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by AmazingELixir: 10:10am On Nov 10, 2019
mgbadike81:
In a sane society, most children in the North would be forcefully taken and given out for adoption. It still boils down to the same thing which is doing what is best for the children. Have you lived in the North before?

The situation is not limited only to the North but across the country, we see under aged children sent out by their parents to other people as house maids with the attendant torture they endure when they should be in school under their parents care and tutelage not to talk about those sent out to hawk along the highways amongst others.

I have just visited the north in passing kaduna to be precise and I know based on my observations and the experiences of others that the situation is worse off in the north.
But that doesn't excuse the fact that two wrongs makes it right.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by Awoleesu(m): 10:24am On Nov 10, 2019
maasoap:

Who are the others he was referring to? He didn't condemn the perpetrators. I'm sure that this is the first time he was speaking on the issue. If this case is reversed, there is no Obi or Eze who was born well that would make this kind of comment! Igbos would roast him alive, call him traitors and betrayer, threaten him with disbarment

You are right.

I must commend your innuendo-free mention.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Parents Of Kano Abducted Children Deserve To Be Jailed For Negligence by Awoleesu(m): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2019
FriendNG:

I read and understand it. No condemnation of the Kidnappers in that statement.

Ok. I think I understand you. Your expectation would have been for him to subscribe to the extreme version of condemning the act... Maybe in the similitude of Ganduje's "death penalty" ko?

Well, if nothing, I should doff my hat to you for reacting to my comment without bile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don’t Use Political Powers To Squeeze Judiciary, Society - Jonathan / FG In Close Door Meeting With Chibok Girls’ Parents / Senator Akpabio's Armed Thugs Abducted Us For 10 Hours - INEC Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.