Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Wearing CAP In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wearing CAP In Church (15652 Views)

Photos: Is Wearing Cap On The Pulpit Proper? / Bishop TD Jakes Wears Agbada & Igbo Red Cap In New Photos / Why Are Some Men Wearing Cap In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wearing CAP In Church by Cumpel1615: 7:02am On Nov 10, 2019
Happy Sunday guys, I have being trying to ask this question for long but thank God I remembered today.

Is there any Bible verse that warned us against putting on cap in church? I really would love to know, and if not, what is the significance of removing your cap in church?

2 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Amazingman(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2019
Fear, reverence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by JJOF(m): 7:18am On Nov 10, 2019
Cumpel1615:
Happy Sunday guys, I have being trying to ask this question for long but thank God I remembered today.

Is there any Bible verse that warned us against putting on cap in church? I really would love to know, and if not, what is the significance of removing your cap in church?

It's just a religious practice.

17 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by alBHAGDADI: 7:54am On Nov 10, 2019
No verse compels man to remove his cap in Church. It's just a misunderstanding of the passage in Corinthians which people have also misunderstood to mean ladies must wear head-tie in church or when praying. All is false.

18 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Cumpel1615: 7:56am On Nov 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

No verse compels man to remove his cap in Church. It's just a misunderstanding of the passage in Corinthians which people have also misunderstood to mean ladies must wear head-tie in church or when praying. All is false.
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by alBHAGDADI: 8:00am On Nov 10, 2019
Cumpel1615:
hmmmm

In 1 Corinthians 11, Paul spoke against men covering their head. But people today thought the covering had to do with cap or hat. No, because Paul went ahead to reveal that he was talking about men having long hair. He added that women were given long hair as a covering. According to Paul, it is a shame for man to have his head covered with long hair.

But people today think the covering has to do with cloth materials

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:18am On Nov 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

In 1 Corinthians 11, Paul spoke against men covering their head. But people today thought the covering had to do with cap or hat. No, because Paul went ahead to reveal that he was talking about men having long hair. He added that women were given long hair as a covering. According to Paul, it is a shame for man to have his head covered with long hair.

Did Paul tell you this himself??

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by victorazyvictor(m): 9:18am On Nov 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Kenzboi1(m): 9:18am On Nov 10, 2019
I'm coming
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by nairalanduseles: 9:18am On Nov 10, 2019
Only sin I know is being ignorant...........all this religions re sham

2 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Hoodbilonia: 9:19am On Nov 10, 2019
Doctrine of man
Established by our greedy pastors

4 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by ForeThinker: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2019
Fashion

2 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Pavore9: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2019
Religious practice, just as those who visit shrines are expected to enter bare footed.

3 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by MuttleyLaff: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2019
Cumpel1615:

"And every man who prays or prophesies while covering his head disgraces his head
(i.e. to make a shame, disgrace, bring to shame, put to utter confusion his head)
"
- 1 Corinthians 11:4

"A man should not wear anything on his head when worshiping, for man is made in God’s image and reflects God’s glory ..."
- 1 Corinthians 11:7

1 Corinthians 11:4 and 1 Corinthians 11:7 are the two bible verses that comments on man not wearing anything on his head when praying or worshiping, but as alBHAGDADI, rightly as put it, these two verse have been grossly misinterpreted. How you will know, is that Aaron and subsequent high priests have hats on in the presence of God and when in the temple

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by sammyj: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2019
shocked! wink
alBHAGDADI:

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Abiodun86: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

how do u cover ur hair if u are not using cloth materials or hat
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by yusluvad(m): 9:22am On Nov 10, 2019
Let's just thank God for this information age.

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Femich18(m): 9:23am On Nov 10, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

funny you.
We Christians just love twisting the passage to suit what we do always

8 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by eyeon(m): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2019
To me, it signifies humility.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by unadeymadkwa: 9:29am On Nov 10, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Good question

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 10, 2019
Religion is a scam

2 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Bacteriologist(m): 9:32am On Nov 10, 2019
So according to you deluded Christians there exist a god who supposedly created the universe with a million galaxies and billions of solar systems and trillions of planets ONLY to care about what we wear and who we have sex with? Lool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Ishilove: 9:33am On Nov 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

1 Cor 11: 4-8
4.Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved. 6 For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. 7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man is not from woman, but woman from man.

NKJV.

It is pretty clear what the scriptures say and I do not know where you got your own interpretation from.

You ARE THE ONE MISINTERPRETING this passage.

14 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him? 15 But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering. 16 But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Mcuzy(m): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2019
Its a sign of respect to God ,in every tradition removing ur hat as a man is a sign of respect . Not every practice that is not in the bible is wrong

5 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Kiddo01(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2019
11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. 1 Corinthians 11:4
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by IMASTEX: 9:38am On Nov 10, 2019
Okay
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Truefaith: 9:39am On Nov 10, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Sweetcollins: 9:39am On Nov 10, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Hahahaha
I no fit naff abeg

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by MuttleyLaff: 9:40am On Nov 10, 2019
Ishilove:
1 Cor 11: 4-8 NKJV.

It is pretty clear what the scriptures say and I do not know where you got your own interpretation from.

You ARE THE ONE MISINTERPRETING this passage.

MuttleyLaff:
"And every man who prays or prophesies while covering his head disgraces his head
(i.e. to make a shame, disgrace, bring to shame, put to utter confusion his head)
"
- 1 Corinthians 11:4

"A man should not wear anything on his head when worshiping, for man is made in God’s image and reflects God’s glory ..."
- 1 Corinthians 11:7

1 Corinthians 11:4 and 1 Corinthians 11:7 are the two bible verses that comments on man not wearing anything on his head when praying or worshiping, but as alBHAGDADI, rightly as put it, these two verse have been grossly misinterpreted. How you will know, is that Aaron and subsequent high priests have hats on in the presence of God and when in the temple
Dahling Ishilove, why dont you help the brothers out then with interpreting this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nike Oshinowo Avoids Churches Because Of Unnecessary Attention / Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.