Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC (48860 Views)

Haraj: Saudi Arabian App Where Maids Are Trafficked And Sold To Wealthy Saudis / Pictures Of Fake Malt And Stout Factory Uncovered By Police In Lagos / Videos Of African Slaves Being Tortured In Libya Emerge (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Kbs468(m): 10:59am On Nov 10, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Slavery is allowed in islam. If you dont believe me, check your hadith and confirm if the prophet had slaves

In fact, Arab muslims took slaves from Nigeria (Kanem-borno) even before Europeans came.

Are you a Muslim?

If No, Then no problem with your view for you would only align yourself to the peripheral

If Yes, Then do you know the meaning of Hadith as the records of the lifestyle of the prophet?

And that Hadiths are even classified as Authentic and otherwise?

meaning some records are disputed and not to be recognized but rejected and the report in them shouldn't be practiced despite being in circulation?

Besides, The slavery related mentioning deals with the people captured during wars who are still not ready to accept Islam?

Remember that many wars were forth in Islam and not slavery of buying and selling of humans as was obtainable during the African colonization and the present days.

2 Likes

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by jasmine1600: 10:59am On Nov 10, 2019
In the end, this boils down to bad leadership in Africa. Guinea is as rich as most of this countries. But the politicians will rather die than build normal social amenities for the people.
Same way we have it Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by AJohnnasa(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2019
ngwababe, come read.
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 10, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Slavery is allowed in islam. If you dont believe me, check your hadith and confirm if the prophet had slaves

In fact, Arab muslims took slaves from Nigeria (Kanem-borno) even before Europeans came.

They didn't TAKE slaves. They BOUGHT slaves most likely. Which means that Africans also traded in slaves.

And yes, Islam actually strongly approves taking, buying and selling of slaves, raping female slaves who aren't believers etc.

4 Likes

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Cousin9999: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2019
Disgusting Arab animals.

1 Like

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by JeromeBlack: 11:03am On Nov 10, 2019
FrLukas:

They didn't TAKE slaves. They BOUGHT slaves most likely. Which means that Africans also traded in slaves.

And yes, Islam actually strongly approves taking, buying and selling of slaves, raping female slaves who aren't believers etc.

Nope, history shows that Arabs actually dominate and then take slaves.

Dont be blaming your African ancestors anyhow

1 Like

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by ngwababe(f): 11:03am On Nov 10, 2019
AJohnnasa:
ngwababe, come read.

Make dem come buy me joor, Ka m mara ihe m ji ndu m eme. grin

Arab, one hell of a country sad

1 Like

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:06am On Nov 10, 2019
Arabs are inhumane, barbaric, wicked and heartless.

1 Like

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by SaturnNick(m): 11:14am On Nov 10, 2019
evergreen9:
[b]Arabs have always seen Africans as slaves and sub humans, the unfortunate thing here is that we as Africans have been brainwashed to worship and look up to Arabs as a result of religious indoctrination. The Arabs have NEVER liked Africans even in their religious doctrines this can be seen there!

Africans engage in wars because of doctrines in far away Saudi Arabia! Africans pay millions of dollars yearly as royalty to the Saudi monarchy and the OIC yet their citizens waste away in poverty.

It is a well known fact that the ENTIRE AFRICA used to be predominantly black, however Arabic conquests the first being the invasion of the Maghreb started decimating the African population while replacing them with ARABS, Now Tunisia (formerly CARTHAGE), LIBYA, MOROCCO, ALGERIA AND EGYPT, SUDAN are now all predominantly Arab . A CIA report some years ago showed that Arab governments and monarchs still had desires of pushing their conquest way beyond Sudan as far as to Mali, Chad and Burkina faso. They blind us with religion and attack from behind while we can't see them coming![/b]
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by desmond2pk: 11:14am On Nov 10, 2019
The arabic never stopped slavery
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 10, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Nope, history shows that Arabs actually dominate and then take slaves.

Dont be blaming your African ancestors anyhow

Blame? Where's the blame? The entire world then was a different space than we have today.

Most ethnic groups had slaves. And some traded in slaves.

It is what it is. I'm not apportioning blame to anyone here.

I might have missed it but which ethnic groups in Africa had wars with Arabs and were enslaved?

There probably are, I just haven't read about them. I most often think it was more of a trade by barter. Exchange foreign goods with the slaves you own.

I stand to be corrected though.
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by JeromeBlack: 11:18am On Nov 10, 2019
Kbs468:

Are you a Muslim?

If No, Then no problem with your view for you would only align yourself to the peripheral

If Yes, Then do you know the meaning of Hadith as the records of the lifestyle of the prophet?

And that Hadiths are even classified as Authentic and otherwise?

meaning some records are disputed and not to be recognized but rejected and the report in them shouldn't be practiced despite being in circulation?

Besides, The slavery related mentioning deals with the people captured during wars who are still not ready to accept Islam?

Remember that many wars were forth in Islam and not slavery of buying and selling of humans as was obtainable during the African colonization and the present days.

Why do you have to ask if I am a Muslim?

Does the truth depend on if I am a muslim or not?

You are a brainwashed and dishonest person if you think that Islam is against slavery. There is no dispute among scholars that the prophet bought and sold slaves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Martinez39(m): 11:27am On Nov 10, 2019
Lol. If you ask Black people who their enemies are, they would say the white people are their enemies and the whites are racist towards and seek to subjugate and marginalise them. The leftist media together with the Democrats continously malign white people (especially white men) and continously sell to black people the existence of the mythical anti-black and institutionalised racism, police brutality against black, and so on.

The enemies of the blacks are Arabs and other Muslims who treat and sell blacks as slaves. These blacks slaves are brutally oppressed and subjected to treatments not even fit for rapists and serial killers. The mainstream media will never report this because they don't want to sound islamophobic. Of course, any criticism of Islam or any bad practice of muslims is conflated with some racism and bigotry Muslims and Islam termed islamophobia. People who think Islam is a religion of peace are either ignorant or dishonest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Martinez39(m): 11:33am On Nov 10, 2019
JeromeBlack:

You are a brainwashed and dishonest person if you think that Islam is against slavery. There is no dispute among scholars that the prophet bought and sold slaves.

Anyone who thinks Islam is against slavery is either ignorant or dishonest. Prophet Muhammad was a paedophile. Imagine if I got married to a six year old girl and had sex with her at the age of nine, there would be an outrage, the authorities would come for me, and my image would be irreversibly destroyed yet Prophet Muhammad is the man many, both educated and illiterate, look up to as a person worthy of emulation.

6 Likes

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 10, 2019
I don't usually comment on this platform but today I felt the need to. Arabs or no Arab the issue of human trafficking is not peculiar to a region of the world. what can we say about Nigerians using cotonou girls for maids or blacks selling their own to slavery. it is very sad to label this as Islamic.

2 Likes

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by executive12: 11:39am On Nov 10, 2019
philip0906:
This is sad. While I do not want to be aligned along religious lines, I have met and seen Muslims here in Nigeria who don't see anything wrong with enslaving women as well as sexual attraction to young and underage girls.

You will have to understand that these ideologies are enshrined in the Koran and these guys are just practicing what their Koran says (though there are quite a handful of "liberals" who do not wholeheartedly follow these laid down tenets in the Koran)

Even Mohammed, the founder of Islam, engaged in paedophilia. He married a 7yr old baby girl and started sleeping with her when she turned 9yrs. Islam is evil.
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by AJohnnasa(m): 11:42am On Nov 10, 2019
ngwababe:

Make dem come buy me joor, Ka m mara ihe m ji ndu m eme. grin

Arab, one hell of a country sad

You're better dead than a slave in an Arab home.
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Ashraf123(f): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2019
fk002:
That's why I love and respect white people especially the Americans because of their liberal nature.

I keep on saying Arabs are the most barbaric uncivilized, racist, inhumane people on earth.

I pity some of my fellow Muslims brothers when people insult Arabs or Arabian countries, they will start burning with rage and foaming in the mouth as if they are related with them.

If not because of Islam, Arabs would have been eating human flesh by now.

#i hate Arabian culture.
I wish I can love ur comments a million times. I'm a Muslim but I hate Arabs with passion. Those guys are despicable in fact not worth to be called human. Khashoggi's murder is an eye opener. Very barbaric people

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Onitola2: 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2019
philip0906:
This is sad. While I do not want to be aligned along religious lines, I have met and seen Muslims here in Nigeria who don't see anything wrong with enslaving women as well as sexual attraction to young and underage girls.

You will have to understand that these ideologies are enshrined in the Koran and these guys are just practicing what their Koran says (though there are quite a handful of "liberals" who do not wholeheartedly follow these laid down tenets in the Koran)
when d Quran was revealed, the whole world were doing d slavery business, but there are many instances in Islamic law whereby ur punishment is to free a slave, when d world decided against slavery now, did d Muslims go against it? Y will we judge an organization because of what some are doing secretly, many of those that traffic people for slavery are not Muslims, they're trafficking girls to all over the world, not just to Arab countries.... It's funny that whenever we see any chance to abuse 1 religion, we grab it without hesitation.

1 Like

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by ngwababe(f): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
AJohnnasa:

You're better dead than a slave in an Arab home.

Death na death nna grin
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by 27Pushing30: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Which kind "find"?...app wey full everywhere. Na so una tell us say Mungo Park discovered River Niger
Discovered the “source”
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Lonelypacifist6: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2019
Saw it on BBC weeks back it's really sad to say the least.
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by 27Pushing30: 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ashraf123:
I wish I can love ur comments a million times. I'm a Muslim but I hate Arabs with passion. Those guys are despicable in fact not worth to be called human. Khashoggi's murder is an eye opener. Very barbaric people
Sierra Leone’s short sleeve /long sleeve era nko?
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by 27Pushing30: 12:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
lapo:
Thanks to the BBC journalists for unraveling this. This is pure inhumanity. The faces behind this dastard act should be exposed.
When will they unravel what does on in Europe?
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by wisdomkid: 12:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
While Africans carry religions on their head. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Don't know why Africans are not talking about this. Don't know why we're not enraged.. Are we built with the slave mentality?
What is actually wrong with the black man's brain? is it also black and empty?
why can't we come together and save the BLACK RACE first before religion?

If it's Jerusalem or Israel, you'll see trends on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. But since it's the other one undecided undecided they're quiet and want it to pass.
Religion, the death of Africa. Is Africa ever great?
Why is there no religious ground in Africa? is it too dirty for their gods to walk on?

2 Likes

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by RTSC: 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2019
Somebody there said the right thing.

The end of oil will be the end of Arab inhumanity and pride.

They don't deserve the quick wealth that oil gave them.
And that is where their superiority complex comes from.

On a normal day, Arabs are shitts.

2 Likes

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Kbs468(m): 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Of course truth doesn't depend on you being a Muslim or otherwise

But

Do you know why I had to ask if you are a Muslim or not?

The reason is simply the manner of approach you just displayed where you have to refer to me as a brainwashed and dishonest person insinuating that there wasn't dispute amongst scholars about buying and selling of slaves without posting any reference from anywhere whatsover.

Post references to prove there was no dispute and we see if the Hadiths are sound or not.

At least the thread clearly gives it source and everyone can even access it

like I said, Hadiths are lifestyle stories by people that lived mostly after him mostly of which are even hearsay account and not to be believed and that is why they are classified and categorized as sound or not (Meaning to be practiced or not as the case may be)
Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Ykc2(m): 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
And black person will open his mouth to call a westerner a racist?if you think white people are racist go and live in Arab world as black person from Africa, even Koran did not condemn slavery, Arabs only like black Africans to help them with jihad or suicide bombing angry > angry angrythe worst religion to follow by African person is islam

2 Likes

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Enculer2: 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2019
These are the same people who have made Hausa and Fulanis and south west slaves through religion

2 Likes

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Tedpgrass: 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
Kbs468:

It's about moral decadence and racism.

Are we not also witnessing another version of racism in the name of tribalism and nepotism in Africa?

Does illtreatment of houseboys and girls by madams and ogas not exist here too?

Sir, I concur with the 1st 2 paragraphs.

However I am persuaded differently when you compare individual maltreatment of child domestic helps, which often starts as harsh punishment for misdemeanors..... With a widespread societal slant to enslave adults from other ethnicities keep them in inhumane conditions, serve them as meat to prized exotic animals in some alleged cases...

Hmm mmm.

Let's see the wood from the trees...

Poor treatment or child abuse by individuals which is often heavily criticised by the surrounding society...... is very very different from a systemic slavery stemmed in deep racist undertones which is enabled by an acceptable societal norm of intensive subjugation of human rights and plain murder in several cases.

2 Likes

Re: 4Sale And Haraj Apps Used By Arabs To Buy African Slaves Uncovered By BBC by Enculer2: 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
wisdomkid:
While Africans carry religions on their head. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Don't know why Africans are not talking about this. Don't know why we're not enraged.. Are we built with the slave mentality?
What is actually wrong with the black man's brain? is it also black and empty?
why can't we come together and save the BLACK RACE first before religion?

If it's Jerusalem or Israel, you'll see trends on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. But since it's the other one undecided undecided they're quiet and want it to pass.
Religion, the death of Africa. Is Africa ever great?
Why is there no religious ground in Africa? is it too dirty for their gods to walk on?

Africans are slaves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drunk Policemen Fall Asleep In Edo While Transporting A Young Man To Station / Man Robbed At Gunpoint On Osborne Road, Ikoyi; Bleeds (Video) / My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.