Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,157 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad (54086 Views)

RELOCATION SALE: PLOT OF LAND WITH GERMAN FLOOR. I OWN IT! / Emejulu Subverted Subsisting Court Order To Demolish Our Property - Landlords / Enugu Airport: Court Ordered Demolition Of Emejulu’s House – ECTDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by rangazi: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2019
There was pandemonium at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu on Thursday as an alleged land grabber accompanied by policemen from the Inspector General of Police Monitoring Unit and some hoodlums threatened to demolish airport buildings and took away some airport staff and two mobile policemen guarding the airport.

Mr. JJ Emejulu from Anambra State told reporters that he bought an expansive area of land from Umujenwe Nike community in Enugu State but was dispossessed of the land by the state government for purpose of expansion of the airport runway and building a free trade zone.

Emejulu also insisted that Oriental Estate lying adjacent to the airport and stretching all the way to ANNAMCO equally belongs to him even though other people have since forcefully occupied land. He promised to demolish buildings belonging to the Federal Airports Authority and free trade zone in the airport by Monday 11th November 2019 if his demands were not met.

Subsequently, some offices and residential quarters of the N-POWER free trade zone were vandalized and property seized by fierce-looking thugs. Mr. Uche, the general manager of N-POWER was seen handcuffed and two mobile policemen who were guarding the airport were also disarmed and arrested. A reported fourth person who works for FAAN was also arrested. All four were subsequently taken away to the Enugu State Criminal Investigative Department.

However, contrary to Emejulu's claims, Enugu State Ministry of Lands documents sighted by our reporter showed that the said lands were acquired, registered and dezoned by the Late Igwe G.O.D Eneh from Umuchigbo Nike Community in 1959.

One of Eneh's layouts, Oriental Estate, located after the Airforce barracks and before Victory Estate is inhabited by residential houses, shops, industries and some churches including Living Faith (Winners Chapel) and Omnipotent Assembly while on the other end, the unoccupied Airport Road Layout Phase IV was given to the Enugu State Government for expansion of the airport runway and building of a free trade zone by the Eneh family in 2010.

Speaking on the incident, residents of Oriental Estate lamented that Mr. Emejulu is a political tool to halt the progress of the airport. An aged resident who simply gave his name as Sylvannus warned the IG of police and Enugu commissioner of Police to be wary of Mr. Emejulu whom he described as a troublesome, cunning land grabber who is seeking money for compensation for a land he does not own.

"Because his wife is a magistrate, he [Emejulu] parades a 2017 court judgement and claims he owns the airport and estates near the Air Force barracks," Sylvannus stated.

"He brought caterpillar and demolished our fences and told us to bring 15 million naira each otherwise he will demolish our houses completely,"

"When the matter was reported to former IG of Police Idris Ibrahim, Emejulu fled the country as soon as policemen from Abuja came to arrest him. He is now deceiving this new IG who is not aware of the case. He gave IG Monitoring Team 3 million naira, gave Enugu Police Commissioner 2 million naira and OC Legal and DC OPs 1 million to release policemen to him. Everyday he keeps harassing us with SARS, Police and thugs to give him money."

"We have since overturned the fake judgement at the Enugu State High Court and obtained several injunctions against him and his thugs. We will be suing him for malicious damages soon."

"He did the same thing in Lagos State and they jailed him and he ran to Enugu when he was released from prison."

On his part, the Surveyor-general of Enugu State Ishiwu G. C who spoke on behalf of the Honorable commissioner of Lands denied knowledge of the incident. He however admitted that Mr. Emejulu does not own the disputed land.

"Available information from the Director Town Planning, Ministry of Lands Enugu confirmed that Oriental Estate Layout is registered in his office, Ishiwu wrote in a text.

He also confirmed the registration of Airport Road Layout Phase IV while he declared that (Emejulu's) Airport Road Layout Phase V is not his records as a registered layout.

Another resident of Oriental Estate Mr Amarachi Idam disclosed that when the pressure was piled, he complied with Mr. Emejulu's monetary demands.

"J.J. [Emejulu] arrested us when when we were still building our house but after we paid N5million we were released," Idam said.

When contacted, the Enugu State commissioner for Youths and Sports, Vitus Okechi, who owns a property in Oriental Estate told our reporter to "go to sleep", citing that Mr. Emejulu will soon answer for his crimes.

"The man has mental issues and knows how to lie," Vitus commented. "I can show you the psychiatric hospital where he was admitted. I'm sure he's still an outpatient there."

"How can he say he bought a land in 2009 whereas he hasn't even been born in 1959 when the land was bought and registered with certificate of occupancy by [Late] Igwe G.O.D Eneh?"

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/11/man-claims-he-owns-enugu-airport-arrests-airport-staff-and-security-with-igp-squad/

1 Like

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Carbon2Oxide: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2019
YNWA

5 Likes

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2019
This country is just lawless! Look at the example Buhari has set by disobeying court orders-anarchy everywhere!

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Kingpee2(m): 10:51am On Nov 10, 2019
I also own Nigeria ,I’m going arrest everyone I set my eyes on .

201 Likes 10 Shares

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 10, 2019
grin
Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Futuragetty: 10:52am On Nov 10, 2019
Carbon2Oxide:
YNWA
I like this man. Fight for your right.
A Governor cannot take away people's land and without compensation.
If a land is revoked by the governor, it must be used for public good. Not to build a personal estate.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by LabDNA: 10:52am On Nov 10, 2019
Land matter wey no dey die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by voltron14: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2019
djdutchboy:
This country is just lawless. Look at the example Buhari has set by disobeying court orders-anarchy everywhere.

Land grabbing in the East isn't new.

You can ask Chimamanda.

44 Likes

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by conductor250: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2019
Futuragetty:

I like this man. Fight for your right.
A Governor cannot take away people's land and without compensation.
If a land is revoked by the governor, it must be used for public good. Not to build a personal estate.
I don't think you read the article.

Man is a landgrabber. Doesn't have land. From what I gathered government has already paid money to compensate the owners of the land but the guy is going to Abuja to deceive them and get police to intimidate people so he will be be called and given money to settle down.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Earlystar698(m): 10:57am On Nov 10, 2019
see gbola We must collect another national cake ... Umahi I hail ooooooooo ... the airport will be delayed and the work in Ebonyi international airport will resume. Umahi sabi press button.

12 Likes

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Blakjewelry(m): 11:07am On Nov 10, 2019
the whole story is not making sense

7 Likes

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by sweerychick(f): 11:16am On Nov 10, 2019
voltron14:

You can ask Chimamanda.
and Rochas undecided

6 Likes

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by sweetonugbu: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2019
Confident crook(con man)

2 Likes

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by ATTemi: 11:30am On Nov 10, 2019
This thing funny me aswear.....naija be like the PURGE.

4 Likes

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by hammerD: 11:38am On Nov 10, 2019
APC, YORUBA ELEMENTS STILL GETTING HEART ATTACK BECOS OF A MERE AIRPORT IN ENUGU FOR IGBOS.

I PRAY YORUBA WILL ONE DAY FIND PEACE.

EVERYTHING IS NOT HAUSA OR BUHARI, WE KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT WANT MONOPOLY OVER AIRPORT AND SEAPORT IN NIGERIA.

WHO GIVE HIM IGP TEAM, IF NOT BUHARI GOVERNMENT.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:48am On Nov 10, 2019
Cry those tears...e dey sweet my body

hammerD:
APC, YORUBA ELEMNETS STILL GETTING HEART ATTACK BECOS OF A MERE AIRPORT IN ENUGU FOR IGBOS.

EVERYTHING IS NOT HAUSA OR BUHARI, WE KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT WANT MONOPOLY OVER AIRPORT AND SEAPORT IN NIGERIA.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by maynation(f): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
hammerD:
APC, YORUBA ELEMNETS STILL GETTING HEART ATTACK BECOS OF A MERE AIRPORT IN ENUGU FOR IGBOS.

Don't start

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by princeade86(m): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
wetin aboki, Biafra and afonja no go see for buhari government

2 Likes

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by SHOPPERS(m): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by alphaconde(m): 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
After this what’s next

1 Like

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by SouthSouth1914: 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nigeria is a huge joke!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Hisxellency: 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nothing wey musa no go see for gate.
Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
Like play like play The real owner of Nigeria will land one day and our eye will open. all government regimes have treated us badly both military and civilian.

3 Likes

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Pavore9: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2019
See boldness!
Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by PearlStreet(m): 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
When FG wants to undertake projects in their region, that's when they would be fighting over land. This is the same nonsense they are doing in Anambra over the Second Niger bridge.

Short-sighted fools.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by ZombieTERROR: 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
voltron14:

You can ask Chimamanda.

The guy is talking about Buhari setting a bad precedence by disobeying court orders

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by ChinagoChiBoy: 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
this Governor of Enugu state has been reputed as the best land snatcher in the history of Enugu state, So I wouldn't be surprised the said land belongs to the Man, though he has to be careful if he wants to be alive to enjoy the land

2 Likes

Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Ripama: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
Madness! Policemen arrested their colleagues. Go to court.
Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by mindful01: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
Since its jungle anything can happen
Re: JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad by Hiro009: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fabricate Bathroom shower cubicles, office partitions &stainless steel handrails / Rivers Landlord Hacks Couple With Machete After The Woman 'Refused His Advances' / What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.