Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,920 members, 7,806,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

How I Was Sold To Police Chief In Iraq – Woman Recounts Harrowing Experience - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Sold To Police Chief In Iraq – Woman Recounts Harrowing Experience (598 Views)

Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide / 9-Year-Old Habiba Raped By A 60-Year-Old Chief In Edo, Rots & Dies (Graphic) / Nigerian Man And Cameroonians Held In Iraq After Bad Business Deal. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Sold To Police Chief In Iraq – Woman Recounts Harrowing Experience by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2019
A Ghanaian lady in her mid-20s has narrated how her desperation to flee poverty in Ghana led her to modern day slavery in Iraq.

According to Efia (not her real name), she was promised by a travel and tour agency, Blue Star Ventures, in Ablekuma in Accra, of a job in the hotel industry in the middle east only to end up in the terrible situation.

She recounted how many Ghanaian ladies are beaten, raped and killed for demanding a return home after noticing that the jobs they expected did not exist.

“I was sold to a family and had to clean the whole house alone everyday. The house was a fourteen bedroom apartment. I was paid $250 a month. It was only food and sometimes clothes that was provided by the family I stayed with. After 7 months, my dad passed and I decided to come home. Those I was living with told me I cannot go because I was bought to work for 2 years. Attempts to move to Ghana after several attempts failed. I was later sold to another family and later to a house full of men,” she recounted her experience to Morning Starr host Francis Abban on the Morning Starr Thursday.
Re: How I Was Sold To Police Chief In Iraq – Woman Recounts Harrowing Experience by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2019
She added: “In Iraq, I was sexually abused, maltreated among other things. Life there was tough. I was later sold to a Chief of Police in Babylon in Iraq. I had to serve a family of 24. After assurances that the Chief of Police would get me tickets to travel back home, I was disappointed. I chanced on one Ernest Opuni Ministry on social media. I prayed and fasted with them whenever they are praying and fasting. I believed God during the period of fasting and prayers. After the back and forth, I had the opportunity to come back to Ghana. I came back to Ghana with nothing but I thank God for bringing me back home safely”.

She advised Ghanaians to be cautious with promises of trips abroad.

“I’ll tell all Ghanaians and especially ladies to be very careful. I think it’s better to be working hard here than traveling through a source that’s not genuine”.

Many Ghanaians continue to fall prey to exploitation in many countries across the world in the quest of better jobs and opportunities.
Source: ghanaweb
Re: How I Was Sold To Police Chief In Iraq – Woman Recounts Harrowing Experience by Righteousness89(m): 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2019
Wickedness to fellow human..
Re: How I Was Sold To Police Chief In Iraq – Woman Recounts Harrowing Experience by Nukilia: 4:45pm On Nov 10, 2019
Arab slave masters undecided African traffickers should all be executed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Policemen Seen Assaulting An Old Man Begging Them Not To Go Away With His Motorc / Gunmen Killed My Childhood Friend. So Sad. / Man Arrested For Raping Two Goats To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.