Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,039 members, 7,807,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 (3285 Views)

Ango Abdullahi: North May Keep Presidency For 100 Years / Ogun APC To Work For ADP Candidate Against Gov Amosun? / Aso Rock Insists Ambode Is Lagos APC Candidate Against Tinubu's Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by FriendNG: 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
flokii:
There is no doubt about that.. if they want Nigeria to remain one, they have to.

Funny thing is the only southerners the North trust is Yorubas. With the support Yorubas gave PMB in 2015 & 2019, it is very obvious they will vote massively for a Yoruba APC candidate in 2023.

This is what PDP will be wary of and possibly field Yoruba too with Northern VP to contest against APC Yoruba candidate. #Politics101

They will vote for Yoruba than others in the south but remove the word massively. Because the Yoruba share their votes in 2015 and most especially in 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Prompto: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
Many of you Igbos never desist from commenting like lunatics. The northern Christian's that vote Jonathan are they Igbos or Jews ain't the northerners or the Igbo voting PDP in the east are they Igbo Muslums ?

Your father did not cot for MKO or Buhari but theh won their respective elections with your father n mother left to wail pathetically like the bigots they will ever be.
Nowenuse:

May I ask where you are from first of all?

Are you aware that apart from Sokoto where the incumbent governor was a PDP supporter at that time, all the states you are listing above are mostly middlebelt states and states with a huge christian population who voted GEJ?

Most of the votes you see from those states above were given to GEJ by Northern christians. Otherwise ask yourself why GEJ did not win in any core-northern states in 2011.

Hausa fulanis & Kanuris (core northerners) will hardly vote any person who is not a northern muslim unless of course there is no alternative.

Northern christians and minorities are the ones who can vote a Southerner without thinking twice.
However, we will not vote for Tinubu. Maybe Osibanjo or Fashola yes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Prompto: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2019
When the time come Tinubu will be putting your gods n father to shame winning whatever states he needs to become the president n their is nothing a bigot soul like you or any of your Igbo tribesmen can do about it.
Nowenuse:

Thank you very much.
And people like us will do everything within our power to frustrate people from the middlebelt voting someone like Tinubu.

Though, Ebira & Igala (Kogi) people may vote Tinubu.
Niger people vote together with Hausa fulanis. Tinubu will get Kwara too. However, he should forget the other middlebelt states and Taraba, Adamawa, Kaduna e.t.c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Nowenuse: 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2019
jumper524:

You forgot Niger State: although middle belt but mostly dominated by hausa, nupes and gwari muslims, yet PDP got something reasonable.
Also KADUNA: probably u didnt see that also.
Adamawa is not core north from your understanding.
Go and check the LGA where most GEJ votes came from in Niger state. It is from Niger east where Gbagyi, Kadara & Kamuku christians have a large population.
I'm not saying that muslims never voted for GEJ in the north, but it was a small percentage.
90% of the votes that GEJ got in the north in 2011 came from the christians.
In Kaduna, it was from Southern Kaduna. In Adamawa, it was from the Bachama, Kilba, Higgi, Marghi christians.

CPC won kano flawlessly u forgot the incubent governor was PDP.

Bro check it, the south are the ones making politics look like its a religious or tribal affair and the north keep proving you wrong all the time.

And also Note: irrespective of what you or your likes choose to say hear or beleive, im a gbagi boy from f.c.t and i prefer to be called a northernern man than what u choose to believe and am voting a competent yoruba man ahead of Atiku.
Except the south east or south south has something better to offer.
The likes of willie obiano, or ebonyi state governor are quality competitors..

Religious politics is even worse in the middlebelt and the worst in the core north except for Kogi & Kwara.

You are most likely a muslim, so i understand. Just to let you know that the majority of your Gbagyi people, from either Nasarawa, Southern Kaduna, FCT and even Niger east are christians and they are becoming more and more resentful of Northern identity by the day. Most of them prefer to see themselves as middlebelters.
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Nowenuse: 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2019
Prompto:
Many of you Igbos never desist from commenting like lunatics. The northern Christian's that vote Jonathan are they Igbos or Jews ain't the northerners or the Igbo voting PDP in the east are they Igbo Muslums ?

Your father did not cot for MKO or Buhari but theh won their respective elections with your father n mother left to wail pathetically like the bigots they will ever be.

Mugü. I am from Plateau state.

Middlebelters and northern christians voted GEJ because his personality resonated with us. Same reason we preferred Atiku.
We are however not going to vote for Tinubu, cos a vote for Tinubu is a vote for Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Asnafsaeed(m): 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
I don't care what era it was, I brought out facts and evidence to contradict ur lie and desperation to spread falsehood!!

Yes, Buhari won Benue state, but that's only because almost every state was jumping on the Buhari bandwagon of change mantra.. that's doesn't mean they often align with the core north in their voting pattern
Nowenuse:

The Abiola kind of politics era has long gone.
That was the time Nigerians did not so much care about your religion or ethnicity but rather your credibility. Abiola's ticket was a muslim muslim ticket, who complained then? That era has gone.

Buhari won Benue state in 2015. So you are very wrong.
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Asnafsaeed(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nowenuse:

If Tinubu is loosing Adamawa, it is not just the Atiku factor. It is the christian factor. 60% of Adamawa people are christians and they dislike APC or anything that comes with Buhari.

hahaha whatever suits you man, I have seen how you are always desperate in claiming bogus imaginary statistics and figures to forcefully and wrongly project the influence, spread and population of northern Christians against all odds and indices in ground..whether Adamawa is 60 or 90% Christians, their voting pattern had always gone the core northern way, and that won't change anytime soon

A good percentage of Kaduna (Southern Kaduna) always vote against APC.
In spite of the rigging this year, 40% of Kaduna state did not vote APC.

you are right that 40% voted against APC in SK, but you have forgotten that both the presidential and gubernatorial election was between Muslim candidates.. that means, a good number of Muslims that reside in SK also voted for kD..base on that, we could say not more than 30% Christians voted for PDP

Kogi does not always go with the core-north. In 2011, they did not.
Kogi and Kwara may vote for Tinubu because of the Yoruba influence, not necessarily because of the core north.

wether its cos of core north or not, whatever the scenario or reason is, at least we have agree on this matter that kogi and kwarra will vote for tinubu if APC gives hums the presidential ticket.. that means we have kogi, kwarra, Niger in the bag, while you have only Benue and platue. . That's to show ur the minority and can't frustrate anything

Thank God you said maybe Nasarawa. Cos only through rigging like this year could Buhari have won Nasarawa.
Buhari lost Nasarawa in 2011 & 2015 which was the height of his support base when so many christians voted Buhari for change, only for him to win Nasarawa in 2019 when people were tired of him.

LMFAO I love it how you always tactically divert and beat around the Bush whenever ur presented with facts.. lol its always rigging when it doesn't go ur way but its free and fair when it suits u cheesy cheesy.. so in 2011 & 2015 it was free and fair but it was rigging in 2015 cheesy, because there are no Muslims in nasarawa state.. isn't God wonderful grin

I always leave Nasarawa state out of my permutation when I'm analyzing politics in the MB because it has always been to close to call.. it could swing at both ends during any presidential election, so you and I have no right to predict where it swings

Besides, who is talking about outsmarting the core-north politically?
People like us are already tired of your one Nigeria which is built on deception, lies and inequity. Our goal is to pull out of this useless country and leave it for you illiterates who value elections more than education.

lol you talked about "frustrating the MB agaisnt voting Tinubu" in ur initial comment, that's why I debunked that segment using the overwhelmingly clout the core north has on MB voting pattern.. hope ur not suffering insomnia?

I don't know what the MB states of Benue and Platue(apart from the significant number of hausa/fulani muslims) have in common with the core north that u keep talking about breaking away, already our culture, language, voting pattern and religion is not the same, so why do you keep talking about breaking away when u have already broken away?

My issue is with ur desperation in trying to tag, attach by force and drag the other MB stats with you, which of course won't be possible
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Nowenuse: 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
I don't care what era it was, I brought out facts and evidence to contradict ur lie and desperation to spread falsehood!!

Yes, Buhari won Benue state, but that's only because almost every state was jumping on the Buhari bandwagon of change mantra.. that's doesn't mean they often align with the core north in their voting pattern

Suit yourself with your stupid permutations.

I only responded to this thread made by jumper524 because he was making a very big error and mistake to count the votes of Northern christians in 2011 to symbolize a Northern support for a Southern candidate.

He must differentiate between Northern muslims & Northern christians and between Core-northernerns and Middlebelters.

People like us will never allow any nincompoôp or Scallÿwag misrepresent our votes and attribute them to the illiterate and poverty stricken core-north.

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by jumper524(m): 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nowenuse:

Go and check the LGA where most GEJ votes came from in Niger state. It is from Niger east where Gbagyi, Kadara & Kamuku christians have a large population.
I'm not saying that muslims never voted for GEJ in the north, but it was a small percentage.
90% of the votes that GEJ got in the north in 2011 came from the christians.
In Kaduna, it was from Southern Kaduna. In Adamawa, it was from the Bachama, Kilba, Higgi, Marghi christians.

Religious politics is even worse in the middlebelt and the worst in the core north except for Kogi & Kwara.

You are most likely a muslim, so i understand. Just to let you know that the majority of your Gbagyi people, from either Nasarawa, Southern Kaduna, FCT and even Niger east are christians and they are becoming more and more resentful of Northern identity by the day. Most of them prefer to see themselves as middlebelters.
lol, it takes a northerner to understand their politics. Stop analyzing our situation we know and understand better.
Come 2023 am voting a competent southern candidate and majority of we northernerns are doing same..
Note: majority of Nigerlites are Muslims including the Gbagyis there. and for the records, religion is never a voting factor in Niger state,
southern Kaduna the only region with high christain population approximately 75/25 yet in terms of final result in the entire state, it was still 54/46.

Face it: religious sentiment is dying by the day in the north.
Kaduna and plateau state of today can hardly ever have religious crisis unlike previous years, people are getting smarter by the day..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Nowenuse: 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
jumper524:
lol, it takes a northerner to understand their politics. Stop analyzing our situation we know and understand better.
Come 2023 am voting a competent southern candidate and majority of we northernerns are doing same..

I'm from Plateau state FYI.

Better say majority of we core-northernerns or northern muslims rather.
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by jumper524(m): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nowenuse:

I'm from Plateau state FYI.

Better say majority of we core-northernerns or northern muslims rather.
man u lie, plateau are northernerns and you know, they live and behave like northernerns.
They are also stakeholders in northern Nigeria, so modify ur lie.
I've stayed in Jos.
I modified my previous comments, check

1 Like

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Asnafsaeed(m): 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
Hahahah you said "Hausa fulanis & Kanuris (core northerners) will hardly vote any person who is not a northern muslim unless of course there is no alternative.", which is obviously a lie, so I had to contradict and expose you.. that's why I brought my evidence of Abiola as case study, these are exactly ur words not mine

And then I revealed, uncover and exposed ur hypocrisy in overlooking, turning a blind eye and condoning that fact that the SS/SE never voted for a northern Muslim, but chose to be fixated on the north

you problem is insecurity and inferiority complex, you think u can twist and fabricate facts without anyone challenging you cheesy cheesy so you can deceive the ignorant south thinking you minority have any influence in the north cheesy.. that's why I followed you, non four lies, concoction, fabrication and interpolation will escape me without a rebuttal
Nowenuse:

Suit yourself with your stupid permutations.

I only responded to this thread made by jumper524 because he was making a very big error and mistake to count the votes of Northern christians in 2011 to symbolize a Northern support for a Southern candidate.

He must differentiate between Northern muslims & Northern christians and between Core-northernerns and Middlebelters.

People like us will never allow any nincompoôp or Scallÿwag misrepresent our votes and attribute them to the illiterate and poverty stricken core-north.

Thank you very much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Nowenuse: 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
jumper524:
man u lie, plateau are northernerns and you know, they live and behave like northernerns.
They are also stakeholders in northern Nigeria, so modify ur lie.
I've stayed in Jos.
I modified my previous comments, check

See ehn, I just don't have your time.
Go through my profile since I joined nairaland in 2013 and see if I've been anything else other than a proud Plateau person.

Thank God you said you have lived in Jos.

When you were in Jos & Kaduna. Do you see Hausa fulanis and Christians living together in the same areas? That tells you we are not the same people, we are not socially compatible and we do not live the same lives.

I don't care if you have edited your comments. That is your headache.

My only word for you is to leave Northern christians and middlebelters out of your stupid permutations.
Speak for Hausa fulani & Kanuri people or Northern muslims alone. Never you drag us into your madness cos we are not part of it.

1 Like

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Nowenuse: 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
Hahahah you said "Hausa fulanis & Kanuris (core northerners) will hardly vote any person who is not a northern muslim unless of course there is no alternative.", which is obviously a lie, so I had to contradict and expose you.. that's why I brought my evidence of Abiola as case study, these are exactly ur words not mine

And then I revealed, uncover and exposed ur hypocrisy in overlooking, turning a blind eye and condoning that fact that the SS/SE never voted for a northern Muslim, but chose to be fixated on the north

you problem is insecurity and inferiority complex, you think u can twist and fabricate facts without anyone challenging you cheesy cheesy so you can deceive the ignorant south thinking you minority have any influence in the north cheesy.. that's why I followed you, non four lies, concoction, fabrication and interpolation will escape me without a rebuttal

Just like I told your almajiri brother above.

My only word for you is to leave Northern christians and middlebelters out of your stupid permutations.
Speak for Hausa fulani & Kanuri people or Northern muslims alone. Never you drag us into your madness cos we are not part of it.

We know our areas that we dominate and we will never allow any idîot to misrepresent us and speak for us.

Only foolish people will come out to say muslims in Kaduna voted for GEJ in large numbers.
Tell them to bring out the breakdown of results LG by LG and you see that PDP never won any Hausa-fulani dominated LGA.

For the last time, any almajiri making any permutation should count only Hausa fulani places like Zaria (northern Kaduna), Katsina, Kano, Zamfara or Jigawa.
Never bring in places like Taraba, Plateau, Nasarawa, Adamawa, Southern Kaduna e.t.c in your stupid permutations.
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Omoodua007: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
Igbos should know by now their political calculations have been failing since 2011, 2015 and 2019 so will it fail 2023.

1 Like

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Asnafsaeed(m): 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
Lol. Calm down bro, I see ur getting all emotional with the insults!
There is no time nor place that I have ever indicated or claimed that the Christian majority MB (Benue and Platue) states as part of us(core north), in fact I go through a great length in explaining to my ignorant southern friends who try to sum us all together, that not jus cuz these states are in the north that means we automatically share things in common.. I always let them know that we are two different entities

Are you naturally dumb and stupid! Pls trying to understand before you reply.. I said "significant number of Muslims voted for PDP in SK", of course that won't be enough for them to win a LG as minority

Kaduna and Adamawa state can never be under ur permutation and influence, continue deceiving urself with imaginary tales.. both states have always aligned with the core north with Muslim governors

lol. nobody is dragging Benue and Platue with you, ur suffering from grandeur of delusion.. what's special about those states!! grin grin are they more developed than kano, Kaduna, sokoto etc or do they have more IGR?? grin

Keep shouting Almajiri for all I care.. the same almajiri that made u second class citizens in ur own region, the same Almajiri that dictates politics and is governing you, or the same Almajiri that are constantly raping and impregnating ur women, or the same Almajiri that has prevent ur able men from farming grin grin
Nowenuse:

We know our areas that we dominate and we will never allow any idîot to misrepresent us and speak for us.

Only foolish people will come out to say muslims in Kaduna voted for GEJ in large numbers.
Tell them to bring out the breakdown of results LG by LG and you see that PDP never won any Hausa-fulani dominated LGA.

For the last time, any almajiri making any permutation should count only Hausa fulani places like Zaria (northern Kaduna), Katsina, Kano, Zamfara or Jigawa.
Never bring in places like Taraba, Plateau, Nasarawa, Adamawa, Southern Kaduna e.t.c in your stupid permutations.

1 Like

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Nowenuse: 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
Lol. Calm down bro, I see ur getting all emotional with the insults!
There is no time nor place that I have ever indicated or claimed that the Christian majority MB (Benue and Platue) states as part of us(core north), in fact I go through a great length in explaining to my ignorant southern friends who try to sum us all together, that not jus cuz these states are in the north that means we automatically share things in common.. I always let them know that we are two different entities

Are you naturally dumb and stupid! Pls trying to understand before you reply.. I said "significant number of Muslims voted for PDP in SK", of course that won't be enough for them to win a LG as minority

Kaduna and Adamawa state can never be under ur permutation and influence, continue deceiving urself with imaginary tales.. both states have always aligned with the core north with Muslim governors

lol. nobody is dragging Benue and Platue with you, ur suffering from grandeur of delusion.. what's special about those states!! grin grin are they more developed than kano, Kaduna, sokoto etc or do they have more IGR?? grin

Keep shouting Almajiri for all I care.. the same almajiri that made u second class citizens in ur own region, the same Almajiri that dictates politics and is governing you grin

I can see that you cleverly did not mention Taraba & Nasarawa & FCT grin

Why didn't Buhari win Adamawa in 2011 yet he won Niger state, since Adamawa is under your permutation?
Murtala Nyako is the last time a fulani man will rule Adamawa. Fintiri even though he is a muslim is a marghi man and he knows that 95% of his supporters are christians. He has vowed to render Fulanis powerless in the state before his tenure is up. Just watch and see.

Nobody is dragging Zaria with you.
The Southern half of Kaduna is what concerns us.
Look at this map below and see your Zaria in Red. That is the only part of Kaduna you are free to permutate. Don't cross into the Yellow part.

2 Likes

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by LabDNA: 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
jumper524:
im not yoruba muslim, but trust me your the biggest loser in Nigeria political space and its not because your incompetent but because you naturally undermine yourself..

Mind you the north never voted against Atiku because of peter Obi.
You guys can keep deluding yourself in the lower political space all because of the mentality of "i was right all along"
Things have changed over time and things keep changing.
You better move with the pace or you derail with previous results..

That the north voted against Atiku because of Peter obi is the biggest lie you SWners always peddle because of your knack for propaganda, you also wanted VP the ticket for SW in pdp and it wasn't given to you that's why you are bitter. Your major aim in 2015 is to shut out South East from both parties but it didn't work out.

Atiku/Obi got more votes from the North than many of us even expected, including you. Stop deceiving your hateful selves.

1 Like

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by LabDNA: 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
jumper524:
Note: majority of Nigerlites are Muslims including the Gbagyis there. and for the records, religion is never a voting factor in Niger state,
southern Kaduna the only region with high christain population approximately 75/25 yet in terms of final result in the entire state, it was still 54/46.

Face it: religious sentiment is dying by the day in the north.
Kaduna and plateau state of today can hardly ever have religious crisis unlike previous years, people are getting smarter by the day..

Another conveninent lie you are blowing here is that religious politics is dying in the north. It's a lie you are telling yourself in order to sleep at night because you know that the same anti-southern/christian propaganda that APC used in 2015 and 2019 to mobilize almajiri voter will be unleashed on you if the SW contests in 2023.
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by LabDNA: 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
Omoodua007:
Igbos should know by now their political calculations have been failing since 2011, 2015 and 2019 so will it fail 2023.

Don't be full of hot air. You only started getting your so-called mainstream political calculation right in 2015, just a few years ago, you've been getting it wrong since 1960s till then. Stop insulting people, yours is also likely to fail too one of these day. Don't be an airhead.

1 Like

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Nowenuse: 4:52pm On Nov 11, 2019
Asnafsaeed:

Keep shouting Almajiri for all I care.. the same almajiri that made u second class citizens in ur own region, the same Almajiri that dictates politics and is governing you, or the same Almajiri that are constantly raping and impregnating ur women, or the same Almajiri that has prevent ur able men from farming grin grin[/b]

With your political power, your people still remain the poorest people in the country, isn't that an irony?
Where are people not going to farm anymore in the middlebelt because of fulanis? Can you tell me?

Apart from Adaras in Southern Kaduna who use to be friends with Hausas and are now learning their bitter lessons. Show me one tribe that has fought with fulani herdsmen that still have fulanis on their soil.

Hausa fulanis shiver and pray in their breadth whenever they are travelling through Berom areas to Bauchi state. Some of them will rather prefer to take all the way round Niger into Zaria then to Toro before they get to Bauchi from Abuja (double journey). Was a hausa general not sunk in a river in the same Berom area?
Or is it the one Southern Kaduna people have been doing to you people in Gonin Gora?

Mambilla people (a small tribe in Taraba) almost made Fulanis extinct from Taraba state last year to the extent that the sultan had to start threatening fire & brimstone.

Even in a state like Bauchi that is overwhelmingly muslim, your people cannot enter or pass through Tafawa Balewa town (the 3rd largest town in the state).
How many more can I list for you? Or should I take you to Adamawa and start mentioning entire LGAs where you almajiris cannot stay? And you claim you own Adamawa grin

Our people are far more educated and living better lives than yours on average and you are talking about making someone a 2nd class citizen?
You are the 2nd class citizen when millions of your people who are beggars depend on us to survive.

Igbos who are not in charge of politics in Nigeria, are they not doing far far better than you people? This is why they demand for their own country and you people beg them to stay.

Very soon, my people and the Niger deltans will join to demand for secession from this retrogressive country together with the Igbos, then let us see how the core north will be able to stop the rest of us combined.
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by g0tze: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
UdechiHD:
Lol! Someone seems to be forgetting history. He's banking on Abiola's 1993 feat.

There is a popular saying that goes 'fool me once, then the joke is on me, but fool me twice then the joke is on you. Will any state in the south be fooled again into voting the Yoruba's? Come on, we all know what transpired in the 1993 elections. Many southern states as at then voted Abiola without tribal or religious attachment. Most people seem to forget that this was a muslim/muslim ticket that can never ever happen again. Can any Yoruba candidate win Delta state let alone Anambra again? The 2015 debacle has opened eyes and many are waiting to pay back the south west in their own coin come 2023.

He will feign ignorance. Maybe he needs to study the Abiola vs Tofa affair in 1993. He'll observe that Tofa won the NW states apart from Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna who were battlegrounds states with loyalties to Babagana Kingibe.
Right from the time of Shagari till date northerners have always voted their own. Even when PDP held sway in 1999-2015 the core north have always voted the APP, ANPP, CPC till the era of APC. Yar'adua's emergence as president broke Buhari's might in 2007, yet it was shortlived with GEJ.
Those Tinubu boys banking on the core north for votes against their own should have a rethink. Only a united south/middlebelt can dethrone the north.
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Omoodua007: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2019
LabDNA:

Don't be full of hot air. You only started getting your so-called mainstream political calculation right in 2015, just a few years ago, you've been getting it wrong since 1960s till then. Stop insulting people, yours is also likely to fail too one of these day. Don't be an airhead.

Getting it wrong
Loool we played opposition deliberately and we built the wealthiest Region in Nigeria / west Africa

We removed military from power and grew the seed of democracy

Now we are ready to play mainstream politics

So shut it
You have 0 clout
You have 5 states Yorubas occupy 10
We have more political clout than you
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by LabDNA: 5:16pm On Nov 11, 2019
Omoodua007:

Getting it wrong
Loool we played opposition deliberately and we built the wealthiest Region in Nigeria / west Africa

We removed military from power and grew the seed of democracy

Now we are ready to play mainstream politics

So shut it
You have 0 clout
You have 5 states Yorubas occupy 10
We have more political clout than you

Lol..Nobody plays opposition politics willingly in Nigeria. Not even Awolowo who tried to be president severally or MKO. You wanted to be at high table so you can 'chop'. So shut it!

Those of us who have have studied Nigerian politics know that a politically volatile and unstable country such as this can never have permanent mainstream and opposition players in the politicosphere. Your seat at the high table is not permanently guaranteed. Even you know this. Same with East and others. So quit being airheaded.

Every other thing you said is just a piece of nincompoopery.

1 Like

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Asnafsaeed(m): 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nowenuse:

With your political power, your people still remain the poorest people in the country, isn't that an irony?
Where are people not going to farm anymore in the middlebelt because of fulanis? Can you tell me?
that's the irony of population explosion, just because we have large number of poor people doesn't mean we don't have the rich ones, its just that the number of the poor outnumber that of rice because mainly of northern high birth rate and illiteracy, whoever that is changing with the compulsory education law passed some northern states

Every region and country has its peculiarity, most of African countries have poorer people than reach, its a general issues.. or are you trying to exempt Benue and Platue as not being poor?

Apart from Adaras in Southern Kaduna who use to be friends with Hausas and are now learning their bitter lessons. Show me one tribe that has fought with fulani herdsmen that still have fulanis on their soil.

Hausa fulanis shiver and pray in their breadth whenever they are travelling through Berom areas to Bauchi state. Some of them will rather prefer to take all the way round Niger into Zaria then to Toro before they get to Bauchi from Abuja (double journey). Was a hausa general not sunk in a river in the same Berom area?
Or is it the one Southern Kaduna people have been doing to you people in Gonin Gora?
hausa/fulani are all over the north residing and doing business over there from Nasarawa, Platue, Adamawa etc.. so what's ur point?

It is normal to shiver and be scared in places ur the minority and feel threatened in, or don't you think there are places in Kaduna that berom people feel threatened if they are passing by

Mambilla people (a small tribe in Taraba) almost made Fulanis extinct from Taraba state last year to the extent that the sultan had to start threatening fire & brimstone.

Even in a state like Bauchi that is overwhelmingly muslim, your people cannot enter or pass through Tafawa Balewa town (the 3rd largest town in the state).
How many more can I list for you? Or should I take you to Adamawa and start mentioning entire LGAs where you almajiris cannot stay? And you claim you own Adamawa grin
lol. Apparently ur just diverting into another issue entirely, we are talking about on what's so special about Benue and Platue in assuming core north is dragging with u guys..but your here talking about communal clashes undecided

Our people are far more educated and living better lives than yours on average and you are talking about making someone a 2nd class citizen?
You are the 2nd class citizen when millions of your people who are beggars depend on us to survive.

hahahahahaha ur a pathetic and a shameless lier!! Ur better than us while ur people are here in Abuja doing mai guard.. walahi,
I swear on my mother's life, all the security in our blocks are guarded by SK and those from Platue

Are SK indigenes doing better than those in the kaduna north and central, where most of the development and jobs are!?.. or is there any MB minority apart from Gowon that did better than Buhari, Atiku, yaradua, babangida, abdulsalam etc.. or anyone doing better than Dangote, Dantata, BUA etc grin cheesy

How many governors and ministers do you even have!! Lol continue deceiving urself

Igbos who are not in charge of politics in Nigeria, are they not doing far far better than you people? This is why they demand for their own country and you people beg them to stay.

we are talking about MB here not the igbos please, don't divert grin.. we have no problem with igbos agitating and demanding for their country, its a right.. but all we are saying it most be done democratically devoid of insults and threats

Very soon, my people and the Niger deltans will join to demand for secession from this retrogressive country together with the Igbos, then let us see how the core north will be able to stop the rest of us combined.

the last time I checked, Niger Delta are agitating for resource control not to separation.. I have no problem with you aligning with the igbo, after all you have been doing that in a while now..secession? I'm not sure, but till then, good luck grin
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Omoodua007: 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
LabDNA:

Lol..Nobody plays opposition politics willingly in Nigeria. Not even Awolowo who tried to be president severally or MKO. You wanted to be at high table so you can 'chop'. So shut it!

Those of us who have have studied Nigerian politics know that a politically volatile and unstable country such as this can never have permanent mainstream and opposition players in the politicosphere. Your seat at the high table is not permanently guaranteed. Even you know this. Same with East and others. So quit being airheaded.

Every other thing you said is just a piece of nincompoopery.

Awolowo failed to be president cause he didn’t get majority vote so what’s the big deal ?? He didn’t build any bridge
Abiola built bridges and won but military messed it up
Today June 12 is your democracy day and he laid the foundation for Nigeria’s democracy

The same Yorubas want to contest again 2023
No military and we have built bridges so shut it

So shut it
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Asnafsaeed(m): 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
I'm a very logical and rational person when I'm making my permutation and analysis, I'm not blind nor a zombie to the truth.. I have told you times without numbers that I always leave Nasarawa out of my permutation because its always too close to call, but that doesn't mean I believe it's a Christian majority state, I don't believe that and I'll never!

I have never talked about Taraba state because all this while we were debating on MB, is Taraba in MB!?!?!? undecided

With significant number of Christians and a POD governor it would have been very hard for Buhari to win in 2011

We have absolutely no problem with Nyako being the last fulani man, as long as a Christian doesn't govern us.. that's why we overwhelmingly rejected Bindo Jibrilla..where ever a Muslim is, whether Kanuri, igala, nupe etc we all see ourselves as one brotherhood! grin.. but i assure u a Christian can never govern Adamawa state

The Map doesn't mean anything to me! There is nothing like SK in the books of law and regulation.. as far as the constitution is concerned ur under "kaduna state" and I shall still be under the rule of hausa/fulani
Nowenuse:

I can see that you cleverly did not mention Taraba & Nasarawa & FCT grin

Why didn't Buhari win Adamawa in 2011 yet he won Niger state, since Adamawa is under your permutation?
Murtala Nyako is the last time a fulani man will rule Adamawa. Fintiri even though he is a muslim is a marghi man and he knows that 95% of his supporters are christians. He has vowed to render Fulanis powerless in the state before his tenure is up. Just watch and see.

Nobody is dragging Zaria with you.
The Southern half of Kaduna is what concerns us.
Look at this map below and see your Zaria in Red. That is the only part of Kaduna you are free to permutate. Don't cross into the Yellow part.
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by oyatz(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
So you have the power to frustrate a presidential candidate but you don't have the power to make your life better and achieve one tenth of what a presidential candidate has achieved?

Are Taraba , Kaduna and Adamawa parts of the Midddle Belt?

Nowenuse:

Thank you very much.
And people like us will do everything within our power to frustrate people from the middlebelt voting someone like Tinubu.

Though, Ebira & Igala (Kogi) people may vote Tinubu.
Niger people vote together with Hausa fulanis. Tinubu will get Kwara too. However, he should forget the other middlebelt states and Taraba, Adamawa, Kaduna e.t.c

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by oilPUSSY(f): 11:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
oyatz:
So you have the power to frustrate a presidential candidate but you don't have the power to make your life better and achieve one tenth of what a presidential candidate has achieved?

The name middle belt is different from geo political zone.

Just like Niger Delta which is different from SS.
Niger Delta includes, all south South States, 2 south East state and one SW state which is the picture I attached below.

Summary, SS has six States while Niger Delta has 9 States.

The same issue is applicable to middle belt.. One common factor is uniting them hence the name middle belt...
If you must go by the geo political zone, you should know that creation of that geo political zone is even ridiculous..
Just look at Taraba state , its was carved under north east instead of NC. In fact, its even more north Central than Platue state that is in NC, yet Taraba is regarded as NE.

1 Like

Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by jumper524(m): 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2019
Nowenuse:

i never believe you to be from the middlebelt, you don't explain, relate and understand like one, u behave more like IPOB who are politically bitter, if you had claim u were from benue i might believe you, but u claim to be from plateau!!! Man plateau?? Bro like i said plateau are stakeholders in the north only a northernern knows this, I'm from Abuja (north central) not Middlebelt like yourself and your divide and rule crew try to classify us as. If truly you're from plateau state then i see you as a political puppet which has been the cause of ethnic and religious crisis in plateau state,
Modify ur mentality cos even Ice-prince keeps reping his arewa brothers in life..
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Nowenuse: 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2019
jumper524:
i never believe you to be from the middlebelt, you don't explain, relate and understand like one, u behave more like IPOB who are politically bitter, if you had claim u were from benue i might believe you, but u claim to be from plateau!!! Man plateau?? Bro like i said plateau are stakeholders in the north only a northernern knows this, I'm from Abuja (north central) not Middlebelt like yourself and your divide and rule crew try to classify us as. If truly you're from plateau state then i see you as a political puppet which has been the cause of ethnic and religious crisis in plateau state,
Modify ur mentality cos even Ice-prince keeps reping his arewa brothers in life..

Just to let you know that I used to be strongly pro-arewa in the past. However I dropped that stupid and useless identity long ago when I discovered that it doesn't suit me, my people and our struggles.
That crazy identity is meant for only Hausa fulani Kanuri muslims.

Ice Prince is a musician of course, he will do everything to sell and appeal to more fans.
Also, many middlebelters are still very ignorant of their identity just as I used to be in the past.
Re: Why The North May Vote A Southern Candidate Against Their Very Own Son Come 2023 by Nowenuse: 11:12pm On Nov 12, 2019
oyatz:

Even Southern Borno where you have the Marghis, Buras, Kibakus and a dozen other tribes belong to the middlebelt.
The middlebelt is an identity for all Northern minorities.
Anybody who is not Hausa-fulani-Kanuri and is from a minority tribe is very much a middlebelter. Irrespective of your state.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/09/21/real-reason-middle-belt-quitting-acf-pogu-bitrus/amp/

Bitrus Pogu above is the current National president of THE MIDDLEBELT FORUM who is at the forefront in advocating the middlebelt agitation and unity between the Middlebelt and the south.

He is from Southern Borno. A Kibaku man. He is also the national president of Kibaku ethnic group, (2nd largest ethnic group in Southern Borno), so he is not just a nobody or unknown person.

Cc Asnafsaeed, Oyatz, oilPUSSY.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Salutes Muslims, Calls For Prayers Over Nigeria's Challenges / Kaduna Mega Rally For Peter Obi (video & Photos) / BREAKING: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Did It Again In Kebbi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.