Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. (20900 Views)

Otedola Donates N2Billion Engineering Faculty To Augustine University, Epe / Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt / What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by plaindealer: 12:24am On Nov 11, 2019

Business mogul, Femi Otedola, has donated the sum of N5bn to the Cuppy Foundation, a philanthropic project of his daughter, Florence Otedola, popularly known as DJ Cuppy.

Mr Otedola, who was represented by another one of his daughters, Tolani, made the announcement during the ‘Gold Gala’, an event by his daughter at Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja, on Sunday evening, to a standing ovation from guests in attendance.

Tolani said, “My father, Mr Femi Otedola, has been at the forefront of supporting worthy causes. It is in this spirit that he will be donating the sum of N5bn to the children of Borno, Adamawa and Katsina through Save the Children.”

Among the guests were Vice-President Yemi Osinbjao; CEO, Save the Children, UK, Kevin Watkins; Mr Femi Otedola; entrepreneur, Hajia Bola Shagaya; Ambassador Babagana Kingibe; and Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Niyi Adebayo.

They also included the Senator Gabriel Suswam, Representative of Senate President, Ahmad Lawan; Minister of State for Transport, Gbemisola Saraki; National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole; Alhaji Aliko Dangote; and his daughter Hajia Halima Dangote.

Others were Minister of Women Affairs, Dame Paulen Tallen; former Governor of Borno State, Gen Buba Marwa; Group CEO, Oando Plc, Wale Tinubu; Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu; Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun; and Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum.

Cuppy’s godfather, Dangote, who is the owner of the Dangote Group, also made a donation of N100m.

The businessman told guests that they should not just allow government to do everything as even government had “a lot of challenges.”

Dangote said, “To whom much is given much is expected. It gives me great pleasure to be here supporting my brother, Femi, making this kind of big donation. I believe we need more Nigerians to have big hearts to give back to the needy.

“People find it very difficult in Nigeria to give money away but the more you give the more God blesses you. Femi, you are no more a rich man. You have joined the league of wealthy men. I have said I will give more of my money when I pass away.

“To Cuppy, I must congratulate you for having a big heart to visit those children in Borno. She spent about four days with them playing with them. In the light of this, I am making a donation of N100m.”

The young philanthropist, who is also an ambassador of the Save the Children UK, a non-governmental organisation, said her foundation, which was launched in August 2018, was inspired by a trip to Maiduguri, Borno State.

According to Miss Otedola, she started the foundation as a way of giving back to the less fortunate.

She said, “Becoming an ambassador for Save the Children has exposed me to so many children around the world.

”I was able to visit Save the Children in Maiduguri with the help of my godfather Alhaji Aliko Dangote.”

Osinbajo, in his address, told the guests that the event must refocus their minds on caring for the poor and malnourished especially in Nigeria.

According to the Vice President, in 2015, Buhari proposed the “largest social investment programme in Africa” of about N500bn annually.

He added, “Yet we are far from where we ought to be. It is obvious that government cannot do it alone. So, we don’t (all) need to be billionaires (to do our part). It is time for every one of us to decide that we can make a difference to ensure that the poor and vulnerable are given a decent life.”

https://punchng.com/otedola-donates-n5bn-to-dj-cuppys-foundation/

I'm so proud of this man and her wonderful daughter.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Beosten(m): 1:02am On Nov 11, 2019
When you try to develop a desert, you better redraw the map to reflect UAE. NorthEast? Efforts Issuer Inoperative.

Don't mind me, I'm used to ATMs language while rejecting a transaction.

3 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:24am On Nov 11, 2019
I just belief oil was found in northeast.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Nobody: 3:30am On Nov 11, 2019
Just when I was about thinking why Dangote donated N100m and Otedola donated N5bn, I read the quote below and found out it's an Otedola family foundation... Audio donation to attract likewise donations.

The young philanthropist, who is also an ambassador of the Save the Children UK, a non-governmental organisation, said her foundation, which was launched in August 2018, was inspired by a trip to Maiduguri, Borno State.

According to Miss Otedola, she started the foundation as a way of giving back to the less fortunate.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Zephd1h(m): 5:50am On Nov 11, 2019
Wow. Money speaking

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by nony43(m): 5:51am On Nov 11, 2019
That is more than 10 million dollars? Abeg na Audio donation

19 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by BlackCrainte: 5:51am On Nov 11, 2019
Ote$

Dude doesn't shout or brag about it. The money does everything

Na those with little go they chest beat that they richer than Osun State and yet desperate to win the Governorship election of same state

17 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 11, 2019
5 Billion? shocked

And we both born of women, have 2 kidney, 1 liver ,large and small intestine and we are going to die someday.

Is God unfair creating a very imbalance society especially in Nigeria and most part of Africa where the middle class is almost nonexistent.

News like this depress me more.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Sleevia: 5:54am On Nov 11, 2019
I don't know why I a laughing at the foolishness of the South.

How many of such donation has Northerners give in the South, apart from Dangote? Dangote own sef, na force dem dey force that one.

I know it's all politics sha... Good luck to otedollars.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by ofemigeorge(m): 5:55am On Nov 11, 2019
I once asked a very good friend of mine. Whats the difference between white people and africa people? My friend who haooens to have travelled to many foreign countries and lived long with them said. "There is a big difference. The white dont follow the saying.. love your neighbor as yourself, rather they practise the saying love your neighbor MORE than YOURSELF" and one more thing, he concluded, "they are very principled."

Those words got me thinking.

Why do we have generators called, i better PASS my neighbor, why are we only concerned about our self and family ALONE. why do we buy things and when its good all we think of his how to make someone else envious.

I see that when someone is even working hard and becomeing successful, AFRICANS dont dont think of lets make this person's dream a reality. So we all will know we achieved this for him/her together.

O
Another man smile should make us smile. Another mans joy should make us delighted. Anotherman progress should make us know everything is possible.

...Another mans properties e.g exotic cars. what should an african man do when he sees is neighbor enjoying life?

MIND HIS OWN BUSINESS. FOCUS ON HIS OWN WORKS TO ATTAIN ITS GOALS. LOOK AWAY ... FOCUS ON YOUR LANE. ( i noticed from my place of work white people dont stir at what you have. They just walk pass. Not that they can avord it but they know they power of distraction when it comes to the eyes. )

11 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by naijadrivablog: 5:58am On Nov 11, 2019
Shame to all the Billionaires in the north, except Dangote.

11 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by franchasng: 5:58am On Nov 11, 2019
Audio Money to lure gullible money-miss roads to dash UK government some money in the name of saving the children since 1900 and yet no impact, wicked souls deceiving themselves angry angry

International NGOs are easiest ways to make billions without trace...they are another way of money laundering by some foreign goons!

NGOs sometimes sponsor insecurities and disease outbreaks in Africa and Middle-East to lure people around the world to make outrageous donations which they siphon through drug supplies, fake charity works and what have you. The world is opening eyes, only the gullible get fooled!

If you believe Femi Otedola have 5billion cash to donate, then you can as well believe that Abacha did not loot a dime angry angry

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by harridon710(m): 5:58am On Nov 11, 2019
My wedding is on the 30th of this month please femi, and Dangote are invited. Is happening in Abuja as well. At pinnacle hotel mpape please save the date.

8 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by stanley000: 5:59am On Nov 11, 2019
lol funniest part is that ppl will actually believe this lies. otedola didn't become a billionaire by telling the truth

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by sylve11: 5:59am On Nov 11, 2019
well done Mr. Femi Oteodola. cool
Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by HolySanctus(m): 6:01am On Nov 11, 2019
There is love in giving
Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by prodiG(m): 6:01am On Nov 11, 2019
sad

4 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by suky1976: 6:02am On Nov 11, 2019
Despite all these efforts by Southern NIGERIA helping Northern NIGERIA, it does not still stop the North from betraying the South,
Who actually caused this crisis that see children and women suffering in North East ?

7 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by wonuks(m): 6:02am On Nov 11, 2019
cool
Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Bellotelli: 6:05am On Nov 11, 2019
How much Tinubu donate?

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by daddytime(m): 6:07am On Nov 11, 2019
Why e be say na cup wey don already full dem dey like pour water put?

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 11, 2019
uncle otedola, my name is north north... I need donations too

6 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Nukilia: 6:09am On Nov 11, 2019
Yoruba Ronu undecided

1 Like

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Bellotelli: 6:09am On Nov 11, 2019
Sleevia:
I don't know why I a laughing at the foolishness of the South.

How many of such donation has Northerners give in the South, apart from Dangote? Dangote own sef, na force dem dey force that one.

I know it's all politics sha... Good luck to otedollars.
Bros must your likes see everything from the regional nd ethnic perspective? People that gives, see beyond all these. Pls be a giver.

7 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Meenah53(f): 6:09am On Nov 11, 2019
Good move,noted
Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Miracle4Sure: 6:13am On Nov 11, 2019
Money
Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by RussianKGB: 6:13am On Nov 11, 2019
Nice. Wonder when Dangote will donate his own N5billion to the south south for the Ogoni oil spillage clean up.

9 Likes

Re: Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. by Sleevia: 6:14am On Nov 11, 2019
Bellotelli:

Bros must your likes see everything from the regional nd ethnic perspective? People that gives, see beyond all these. Pls be a giver.

I am a giver. But let's be realistic... Even a giver gets tired at a point. Love should be 50-50 and not one sided.

The south Sacrifices a lot on all fronts for this country.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Aliko Dangote Should Be Nigeria's Next President / I Need A Palm Kernel Oil Supplier / Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.