Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (24310 Views)

My Dad Shouldn't Receive My Bride Price / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by BEN1986: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
My sister, as an Edo man, I want to advise you.
How much is the bride price? Less than 1k.
The issue here is not the amount but the importance of it.
In edo, even if u impregnate a lady back then in your SS 2, when the child grows up, she comes to do the needful as tradition demands.
It is not about your father taking responsibility or not. Give what is Caesar to Caesar and to God, God.
If your maternal uncle helped you as investment, I dont think you husband can even pay your yr1 school fees as ur bride price. So don't let him mislead you. Don't wake the spirits up.

Does it mean because I have been the one taking care of my househelp, school fees, healthcare and all her needs. If she eventually wants to marry I then collect the bride price? NO.
Whatever I do is for mankind.

You can bring him to city with either of his siblings for the wedding, be responsible for their upkeep throughout their stay.

If your maternal uncle wants appreciation for what he did, he can bring his demand to the table.

Dont use your marriage as a tool to spark of the quarrel between your paternal and maternal family.
Note, you are going to start your family, only God knows tomorrow.
May God help you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
indigene:
How much is this dowry?.That Nairalanders can't have their lunch in peace.
It's not about how much but the significance.

2 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Kingininge(m): 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
Op, did your father pay your mother's bride price?
If he did, he is 100% entitled to your bride price........give to tradition what belongs to tradition....
Any body can represent him at your wedding ceremony, it does not matter.....
Truth hurts!

4 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by MPESA(m): 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
midnighter:
Your father's side must collect something on your head but you can stylishly show your disdain for them in other ways without showing yourself up to your husband and his family.

But he or one of your paternal uncles must collect it. Any other thing is just storing embarrassment and insults for the future. And your MIL is watching the whole thing, sorry to bring her into it but it's true. The whole thing is a test, as in a very big one.

Don't allow your maternal family to use
You to settle scores. Your uncle has no right to collect what belongs to your father, it is an abomination and a curse. I have seen a similar case to yours...the man tried to bypass his father and ask his maternal uncle to accompany him to marry but that uncle refused and told him to go back to the father. Father who abandoned him when he was a baby!

Your uncle should know better than to collect somebody's due. If he really cared for you all these years then he shouldn't mess up at this late stage. Your husband doesn't need to be seeing or hearing that kind of suggestion.

This is not about whether he "deserves" the bride price or not. As far as he sired you and paid your mothers bride price, it is his right to collect your own.

As for the village, sorry but you have to go there and perform the rites. Even me my village looks like something from the stone age, still the two of us must go home. It's ancestral land and has some ancient meanings attached to it that are very important. At least you are a lady, you are only going there to say goodbye to them since your husband has come to take you away.

If you want you can make the village part as short as possible so you won't need to stay for long.

Sorry about your mum. May she witness your special day from the heavens.

You said it all , people are watching the whole drama , las las they will use it against her in the future. I pity her brothers that ran away from their own home... For how long will they run/distance themselves from there own home.

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Midas01: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
You're very stupid for calling a good man selfish. You seem like you yourself are a deadbeat that is why you had no ill words for the actual loser of a father but chose to call her kind-hearted uncle names.

Have you trained anyone through school before? Have you every borne someone's responsibilities, and that of their siblings as well?

If you have not then shut up your mouth and go play in any nearby gutter. Do you think the uncle didn't have anything to spend money on before he chose to care for them like his own children? Nonsense!!!

Let me tell you something OP, your uncle deserves your bride price.
Tradition was made by patriarchal men. As long as it is not a sin then let your uncle take your bride price.
sassysure:
Don't start what u can't finish. Ur future husband is looking at you. Today is lovey dovey, there must be arguments and heated up moments, some words will start tumbling out from your spouse or his people's mouth. Don't create such an avenue pls.

Though we may retract and apologise, those words means a lot and that is how seed of discord is sown.

Unless some tribes do so, I have never seen where pride price is collected by mum's people even though they singlehandedly trained you.
Give to everybody what belongs to them even though u don't like them to avoid stories that touch. At least u are in good terms with him and sometimes give him money so what's the problem here? Ur uncle didn't advice you well.
He is indeed a very selfish one and has failed to tell you the truth which is, he is not the right one to collect your dowry.
He too has entitlement mentality. Thousands and millions have been trained by uncles and aunts or even strangers yet, the world did not end.
U can do it outside the village but make sure your father and his people are there. Sorry but that's how it is.

If your father is dead, his brothers and relatives will take over on behalf of your brothers if they are not adults yet. Don't ever give your future in-laws room for attack as nobody knows tomorrow.
Congrats as u journey into another chapter of your life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Slimmy0: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
Born2Breed:
You mentioned two important things here.

Walking down the aisle and bride price collection.

Your maternal uncle can walk you down the aisle.

The bride price is for your father cum paternal family.(bride price and list is not much in Edo state,i guess you are owan or etsako or igarra?)

Also,marriage can take place anywhere,bring your father and few relatives(1or 2) to your location to perform the necessary rites then go back home.

In all these, you must plead with your maternal uncle to please allow your biological father collect his bride price and go. I always advice my fellow ladies not to offend any side of the family when getting married.

So true, you said it all.

3 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
It's not about how much but the significance.
There are two types of marriage that is legally acceptable by God and Man, in one type bride price or dowry is totally insignificant
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Born2Breed(f): 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
ddaammyy:
but sister, what happened to your siggy? “If you obey the rules, you miss the fun”?

My sister,E get where stubbornness dey reach.

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Slimmy0: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
Gurumaharaji:
Regina Daniels father doesn't even know she get married.... so ur responsible Uncle dat train u can conveniently act as ur father during d occasion

That doesn't make it the right thing. Our tradition is our fathers or father's family collects bride price.

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by midnighter(f): 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
Midas01:
You're very stupid for calling a good man selfish. You seem like you yourself are a deadbeat that is why you had no ill words for the actual loser of a father but chose to call her kind-hearted uncle names.

Have you trained anyone through school before? Have you every borne someone's responsibilities, and that of their siblings as well?

If you have not then shut up your mouth and go play in any nearby gutter. Do you think the uncle didn't have anything to spend money on before he chose to care for them like his own children? Nonsense!!!

Let me tell you something OP, your uncle deserves your bride price.
Tradition was made by patriarchal men. As long as it is not a sin then let your uncle take your bride price.

Excuse me, you are totally wrong.

If the uncle could pay all that stuff then he should do it with a clean heart and not because he wants recognition or a paltry bride price sum. So are you trying to tell me that he paid all those school fees so that he will collect London Gin and 30 tubers of yam at the end of it?

He is very irresponsible for advising a young lady who appreciates him so much and who would like to please him to embarrass herself in her husband's house so that he can score cheap points against his brother-in-law.

Why did he just remember to be angry at his sisters treatment now that somebody wants to marry? Why didn't he get angry all this while

That's emotional blackmail and its too bad. Your uncle who suffered so much to take care of you should want you to succeed in your husband's house and not to mess yourself up for his sake because of school fees.

Is she going to keep owing him for school fees for the rest of her life? Is it on credit or what?

If it's like that he should tell her to be refunding his money in monthly instalments and just leave her marriage out of it.

4 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by mechanics(m): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
bujebudanu1:
With what have seen. Just like your case

My cousins did their traditionals in Lagos.mum and dad and not lagosian and they are separated, but they grew up in lagos. Where u do doesn't matter shit.

Anybody can walk you down the aisle.take a case of if your have a late dad.
You will go the aisle with your younger,elder brother, uncle , anybody u like in your family

But her dad is not late but alive, her dad should collect her bride price since he was the one that gave birth to her.

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by midnighter(f): 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
MPESA:

You said it all , people are watching the whole drama , las las they will use it against her in the future. I pity her brothers that ran away from their own home... For how long will they run/distance themselves from there own home.

As in, that stuff can be very embarrassing if not taken care of from the beginning. At least you package your family even though all is not well so that you will have a respect somewhere.

Yes the brothers own is more complicated, especially where land is concerned. I'm not saying its easy, we know the father is bad but for your own sake you can try to manage something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by FakeManna: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
BlackCrainte:
No

Your pastor or Ex boyfriend can receive it too
[/s]
trash
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Slimmy0: 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
djon78:
your father is strictly the avenue through which you came into this world. Irrespective of whatever he did, give him that honour. You won't understand, these things are laws in the spirit.
Don't listen to wrong advice

I remember American preacher Joyce Meyer was molested sexually by her Dad for years as a young woman.
When she became successful in later years God instructed her to buy a very good house for her Dad. It was tough, but she obeyed and it brought wholeness, freedom and more success for her.
Our parents that brought us into this world may have done badly to us but we still owe them honour.

One of the ten commandments goes like this honour your father and mother, that it may be well with you, that your days may be long on the earth. Long life is associated with honouring our father and mother.

We stil have sane people on Nairaland, thank you for making reference to Joyce. We are instructed by God to hunor our parents. You dont have a choice and there is reward attached to it.

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by QuintessentialW: 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
Deepthoughts:
look if your father should revealed the secret reason why he never cared your mother n inevitably you n your siblings you will hate life,I dare you to challenge your father to reveal why he didn't care about your mum if he wants your respect at all!,see don't just try to fight tradition, know what you are getting into but I'm afraid you are playing with fire.

We've had that conversation severally. He's never had anything reasonable to say, in all honesty. His excuses have always been centred on claims that he went in search of greener pastures after he lost his job.

See ehn... we can't even go into all that now.

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by blaque7: 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
No..your ancestors ll be the ones receive it!
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by AUTOCRATIC(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ask how is it done in your lineage
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by drtwist(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
Redoil:
see eh Urhobos men believes that mother are to train children while the father does what he likes with his life. that is why most of them marry up to 5 wives and still have lot of girlfriends with out taking care of their children.

to me who ever takes care of a child up to a marriageable age is entitle to collect the bride price
Is the father from urhobo. Lazy youth
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by ghettochild(m): 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
sassysure:
Don't start what u can't finish. Ur future husband is looking at you. Today is lovey dovey, there must be arguments and heated up moments, some words will start tumbling out from your spouse or his people's mouth. Don't create such an avenue pls.

Though we may retract and apologise, those words means a lot and that is how seed of discord is sown.

Unless some tribes do so, I have never seen where pride price is collected by mum's people even though they singlehandedly trained you.
Give to everybody what belongs to them even though u don't like them to avoid stories that touch. At least u are in good terms with him and sometimes give him money so what's the problem here? Ur uncle didn't advice you well.
He is indeed a very selfish one and has failed to tell you the truth which is, he is not the right one to collect your dowry.
He too has entitlement mentality. Thousands and millions have been trained by uncles and aunts or even strangers yet, the world did not end.
U can do it outside the village but make sure your father and his people are there. Sorry but that's how it is.

If your father is dead, his brothers and relatives will take over on behalf of your brothers if they are not adults yet. Don't ever give your future in-laws room for attack as nobody knows tomorrow.
Congrats as u journey into another chapter of your life.
If you have been in d uncle's shoe...
You won't be saying he's selfish...
Na people like u dey become that kain papa...
Brideprice my foot...
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by DarlingEmojist(m): 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ègbámì .. See question?
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by shineeye1: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
QuintessentialW:
Hello house, good morning.

I have a real concern and I want to know what is permissible from mature and discerning individuals in the house.

Myself and my siblings were raised (from when I was about 8 years old) single handedly by my mum. Even all the 7 years that my father lived with us, my mum chiefly ran the home... she was the one who paid rent and school fees and ensured quality feeding. Father was gainfully employed at the time, but he just lacked a sense of responsibility for family. He finally absconded at about the time I was 8 because he lost his job, and never looked back... he was never involved in our finances or welfare. In all those years, he visited a few times, but that was all. My mum passed on a few years ago and her brother, my uncle, assumed FULL responsibility for my siblings and I. My paternal uncles never lent a helping hand.

Now I'm in my 20s, done with schooling, working currently, and would be getting married soon. I want to know what is permissible. I'm from a minority tribe in Edo State, so I'm not Bini or Esan. My maternal family are Okpe (Urhobos). Left to me, I don't want my father collecting my bride price or walking me down the aisle. He now lives in squalor in the village. I don't want to go to the village to do my traditional wedding if I can help it.

Two years ago when I first had plans of getting married, my maternal uncle who's responsible for us had mentioned that I shouldn't take any man to my dad. My maternal family is angry with him, for what he did to my mum and us. I would love to respect my Uncle's wishes because I feel he has a say, and to show my appreciation for all he's done.

Has it ever happened that a girl's maternal family receives her bride price? Is it a taboo? If that's against tradition, is it possible to choose another location other than the village, where my dad and his kinsmen can perform the traditional rites?

Also, on my church wedding day, can my Uncle walk me down the aisle?

N:B I don't hold any grudges against father. I've been the only one amongst all my siblings who's tried to keep in touch with him. I was the one who personally went to seek him out to know where he lives... and to know my village. Whenever I can afford to, I send him money.

Still, I don't feel he deserves to give my hand in marriage. He's never been a dad, in the true sense of the word. Something happened not so long ago, and he was threatening to curse my brothers... for not looking after him. He acts really entitled.

Candid advice, please. Thank you.

Your father's sense of entitlement is quite offensive.
Your own feelings of resentment against him are justified.
If indeed your father is guilty, also remember that it is very human to err in life but there is divinity in forgiveness.
You have two options:
Sentence your father as judged or Forgive him his offenses. While the former will satisfy your sentiments of vengeance, and likewise ensure an equally graceless sentence for your own certain trespasses in life, the later will deny you of the satisfaction of vengeance but win you uncommon grace at your own certain judgments in life. The choice is yours. But remember that , he is your dad today, not because he deserves it but because God allowed it to be. Any decision to rob him of what God , in His infinite unsearchable mercies, preserved for him may mean you playing a different God. You may rearrange the location of the marriage rites as suit you but allow your father be father that God allowed him to be. That he is alive today is not by his merit but the grace of God. You may displease men in executing this divine option but you will surely not displease heaven..

4 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
indigene:

There are two types of marriage that is legally acceptable by God and Man, in one type bride price or dowry is totally insignificant
You've lost me. Kindly elaborate pls

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by musicwriter(m): 4:52pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nowenuse:
The day we Africans start to disregard useless and unprofitable traditions, they will die naturally.
Useless traditions that have taken us nowhere and left us at the bottom of the food chain in the world.

There's nothing wrong with African traditions. Its white people that have convinced you so.

Do you know Europeans also tried to convince the Chinese and Japanese that their traditions were backward? The Japanese even evolved a culture where suicide was part of tradition, but today they've outlived that, though, the impact is that they do have a high suicide rate today compared to other developed nations. But the Chinese and Japanese refused to give up their tradition!.

There's nothing Europeans didn't try in Japan to give them a European language, education, religion but they refused. A Japanese king was so frustrated about European cultural infiltration and influence on his subject, so much that he ordered that every Japanese Christian should be killed. Thousands of them ran into a church and the king ordered the building to be burnt down. Today, they're reaping the benefits because they didn't adopt alien view of anything, except technology they liked. They did the right thing and that's why they developed.

On the other hand, in Africa, we adopted alien views and practices, and today that's what is suffocating us to death. Today, you're a victim of this alien practices and you don't even know!. We suffer because we have digested poison and its killing us now.

What am I trying to tell you? Its actually our adoption of alien reality and disregard for ours that have put us at the bottom of the chain, not the other way round. Why am I sure? Because all the countries that rejected alien traditions from Europeans developed.

Note that when someone has provided you everything, he has also automatically disallowed you from doing humanly mundane tasks yourself. The end result is dependency, self incapacitation, self defeat, inferiority complex, which have caused you to distrust yourself.

It is in your competition in nature, doing things yourself and in your own way that you actually learn and transform it better than others. The reason we suffer in Africa is because we have adopted an alien perception of reality. Thus, are unable to understand ourselves and the solution to our problems.

I leave you with the below documentary about Europeans coming to Japan 15th century to 19th century. Any African that doesn't learn a thing a two from the below is a fool.

History of the Japanese Empire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x0HAUxAT7Y

5 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by QuintessentialW: 4:52pm On Nov 11, 2019
Tundeiknow:

Whoever receives the bride price doesn’t translate to the fact that they are significant importance to you.

Your dad remains your dad irrespective of whatever. Pls, give him that honor during this preparation phase.
Though they’ve been helpful, pls don’t let your maternal relatives use your marriage as a ground to settle scores with your dad. The only instruction we were given concerning our parents in the Bible is that we honor them. That without rational or emotional affiliation.
At the moment, your dad may be wishing he had done better while you were growing up. Pls, don’t compound his regrets.
And if need be that you take a stand irrespective of what anyone thinks, don’t shy away.
I pray God grants you wisdom on how best to handle both sides of the family.
I wish you the best.

Shalom

Thanks so much. But this man is truthfully not remorseful.

But for the sake of God, he'll have his bride price in a location other than the village.

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
QuintessentialW:

We've had that conversation severally. He's never had anything reasonable to say, in all honesty. His excuses have always been centred on claims that he went in search of greener pastures after he lost his job.

See ehn... we can't even go into all that now.
Just let it go dear. It's all bygone and you better now. Simply give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar.

It won't be easy but let it go and hush those maternal peeps advicing you otherwise. They will eat out of ur celebration but not that bride price.

2 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by QuintessentialW: 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
amp01:

I have been to your village once,
If anybody take your bride price outside your father, when he is alive,its an act of disrespect. No matter,what your father did, he is still your father. Did you change your surname all this while,he left you guys?

I didn't change my surname. smiley

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by mark2sunny(m): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nice of you to keep in touch with your dad even though he doesn't deserve it. That shows you are wise.

The person who receives your bride price and who who will eventually walk you down the aisle isn't as important as the person you see as a father. Bride price is paid once in a lifetime. If I were you, I'll go on my knees and plead with my uncle to let your biological dad have his way. Make sure he understands that he's the only father and family you have, but you don't want your dad to see him and his people as enemy.

A father's curse can ruin your life forever. Unfortunately, even if you don't believe it. Make your dad feel like you really love him until your marriage is concluded. Then say goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by Ajalekoko76(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2019
QuintessentialW:

Yes, I think about that commandment oftentimes. But in all fairness, I've been really good to him inspite of everything. I've been the peacemaker trying to get my siblings to forgive him.

But for that marriage part, for some reasons, I just don't want to go to the village... nor do I want him walking me down the aisle.

I'll really consider born2breed's advice.

Take to this advice and will profit U now and in future. Life is a mystery U can't understand it, LOVE is what U need to show and don't pay back in the coin Ur paternal family did. God knows how to reward Ur uncle and Ur maternal family leave dat to God. Ur attitudes towards Urfather and paternal family should be Godly else U block Ur blessings in life. Words of God supercede words of men

3 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by abbey621(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2019
Parents be careful how you train your children, be weary of what bad things you tell you r sons or daughters about your partner. A true psychologists can discern a bit of fib from her story:

Myself and my siblings were raised (from when I was about 8 years old) single handedly by my mum. Even all the 7 years that my father lived with us, my mum chiefly ran the home... she was the one who paid rent and school fees and ensured quality feeding.

So you mean an 8 year old child knew who was paying rent, school fees? An 8 year old child knew who put money down for the well being of the family or was this what she was told after the man left?

What OP fails to understand is that whether he did his duties or not, he's still your biological father and that is a God given role. Africa being a place where physical meets spiritual, I wouldn't be surprised if the man was suffering from serious depression mixed with gigantic spiritual battles. All in all, unless you truly forgive this man, you might not know peace. End the cycle now, do not let the sins of the father create the sins of the child.

3 Likes

Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by shineeye1: 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
Redoil:
see eh Urhobos men believes that mother are to train children while the father does what he likes with his life. that is why most of them marry up to 5 wives and still have lot of girlfriends with out taking care of their children.

to me who ever takes care of a child up to a marriageable age is entitle to collect the bride price

Read properly - half literacy on display...
Re: Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? by MPESA(m): 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
midnighter:

As in, that stuff can be very embarrassing if not taken care of from the beginning. At least you package your family even though all is not well so that you will have a respect somewhere.

Yes the brothers own is more complicated, especially where land is concerned. I'm not saying its easy, we know the father is bad but for your own sake you can try to manage something.

They don't know what they getting themselves into, they are on the long thing if they follow that path no matter how harmless it's seems now it will SURELY BACK FIRE IN THE FUTURE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth / Mob Beat And Strips Tipper Driver Unclad For Beating Wife / He Forced Me To Abort 5 Pregnacy for "His Personal Sanctification"..... Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.