Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? (34740 Views)

Elon Musk Warns Low Birth Rates May Lead To Population Collapse / I Am Starting My First Business With No Prior Business Experience / What You Should Know About Starting Your First Business Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Lanjonath(m): 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2019
Noel1:

I inquired with a GTB customer support. She said the more money u fix and the longer the fix period, the higher d interest u get.

As I was made to understand, the least u can fix with them is N100,000 for a duration of 30 days, and a 3% interest. U can always roll it over at the end of 30 days period, and get d new month interest based on ( previous month interest + d principal )

If u fix something like N200,000 or more, for a longer period, u can negotiate a higher interest.
Let me explain some to you, those interest rates are for the entire period, there's no way you get 3% monthly. One of the highest yielding places to fix money via the bank is in Money Market and that one offers 1% each month. I'm speaking from experience, fixed some money for like 8 months and it as way more than hundreds of thousands. No bank will give 3% monthly. And fixed deposit is for 90 days or so. You can't negotiate 200k, you can't even negotiate 1M
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Larriekay: 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
Harbeeorlar:
I could say wrong choice killed me. I open a betting shop but i choose Merrybet over other Sports Companies and their T and C killed me. Before i could think of switching to another bookie, the ones i could go for were all around me.
i know one that will pay you. Bestbet360.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by EdmundChidera(m): 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
If you stay around south east you can go to ontisha main market
Welcomme:
Pls bro, from where were u buying this cloth from? I want to go into this business... How do I contact you?
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Softhands(m): 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2019
send me a whatsapp message... I will send the link to you... i dont know why i can't add the link here....
Ikennablue:
is too late?
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by hefelove(m): 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Simply go register on Aliexpress.com and search for intimacy gadgets, pay and wait for your products. I advertise on jiji.com and Facebook.
How were u able to advertise on Facebook and they didn't flag ur account? Abi u dey post for groups ni?

6 Likes

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by phillippians(m): 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2019
Yoighaman:

I'm not married yet o...do you want to marry me ni? (smiles).

Started what I couldn't finish? Well, I took a shot and she didn't respond positively, so I decided to let go, only for me to realize later she was madly in love with me and I never knew.... but why the shakara in the first place?.... women sha, you folks are an encyclopedia...lol

Sorry, I just assume you are a woman for no cogent reason.
Don't mind them, that's how they behave, most of them. They go love u crazy but will be pretending, putting up one stupid and childish hard to get tactics and expect you to keep chasing them, who does that? When there are more girls on earth than guys, u did well let her go to hell. If u had proposed to her the business would have still fallen as she will start diverting your business profits to her extended family members, brothers n sister and before u know it, d biz is down. When u wish to venture into business again, do it alone and be dedicated u will succeed!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 17, 2019
Lanjonath:

Let me explain some to you, those interest rates are for the entire period, there's no way you get 3% monthly. One of the highest yielding places to fix money via the bank is in Money Market and that one offers 1% each month. I'm speaking from experience, fixed some money for like 8 months and it as way more than hundreds of thousands. No bank will give 3% monthly. And fixed deposit is for 90 days or so
Yea. I've fixed my earlier post so not to mislead people. Tnx 4 d correction bro.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by primeache: 12:37am On Nov 17, 2019
hustlelegit:
All those shouting mini-importation blah blah, mini -importation is 100% a profitable business depending on how vast your knowledge is on the field. Most of you venture into mini-importation with no knowledge on digital marketing or social media marketing, and you keep advising people not to start and blah blah. Mtcheww. I ventured into mini importation,print on demand and drop shipping at the same time and my business was booming but I stopped cos facebook deactivated my facebook account and I had a balance of 100k in my ads account, so I just decided to put it at hold since I can't create facebook ads and instagram ads, google ads dey expensive and twitter so I ignore those two. Am still pleading facebook till dey open am back.
Don't mislead people, learn digital marketing and you will be able to sell things easily, Invest and learn. I bought courses and learnt alot, so even if you have 100k start importing and put aside 20k for advertising and learn social media ads, if you no get money to learn am, find person to help you run am. Use gig logistics for your local delivery and u go Dec enjoy ur business.
Once facebook activates my account, I will start a subscription platform and my main target will be USA, Europe ,Canada and Australia cos those countres can invest in anything. No money is small to start a business bro

The moment you mentioned GIG, I lost interest in your write up

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by jclassiq(m): 5:23am On Nov 17, 2019
4godsake:

Depend on the brand u want to buy, in my area, TVS cost N210,000 plus number plate and u give it out for N330,000 HP. Boxer cost N230,000 and u give out for N370,000 HP.

Note that the Boxer is mostly preferred as it has a better resale value compare to the TVS.

Cheers.

And you can find someone honest enough to keep to their own part of the bargain and actually deliver?
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by jclassiq(m): 5:26am On Nov 17, 2019
Ginaz:

Thanks so much dear for your inputs . I intend to start this business soonest and since I’m a girl and I have small body with a small voice I won’t be taken seriously. grin but if anyone think they can intimidate me they should be ready for a rude awakening.

I intend to solicit the help of a lawyer .

And what do you suppose your lawyer will do if one idjiot just up and disappear with your motorcycle one morning?

I tire for Nigerians sha. Very wicked and evil.

2 Likes

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by jclassiq(m): 5:48am On Nov 17, 2019
Yoighaman:

Mine was around 2006 or 2007. I was working in a financial institution and nursed the idea of running a laundry business as a side gig due to an opportunity I saw. Prior to that time, there was a lady in the area I resided then, she worked at a business where I usually patronize, I observed she was a very good, decent and diligent lady, so I 'toasted' her (trust boys nau) but she was foot-dragging about my advances, so I decided to back- track.

Months later we spoke and she informed me she longer worked there, I was happy and she asked me why, I immediately told her my plans and offered her an opportunity to manage the new business I was about to set up to which she agreed. We launched the business, a sizeable one and I did a lot of marketing, so customers started pouring in, including my friends and church members.

The business went on very well for about 2 years and I was making money so comfortably that I wasn't really touching my salary where I worked except for the loan I took to start up, the lady didn't steal my money and even if she did, I didn't really care because I was happy with what she remitted, besides, I trusted her so much.

Then trouble started, she started giving me 'attitude', I was confused because we maintained a good working relationship, so on a fateful weekend, I took her out to have a discussion and the outcome shocked me!- She had been managing the business properly in my absence ( I only went there occassionally after I close from work in the evening) because she saw it as 'our' business, that she's been waiting for me to follow up on my earlier advances and start thinking of settling down with her, I was speechless.

To cut the long story short, she eventually left when she saw I was more interested in growing the business than having a relationship with her. Every manager afterwards was a sorry story, they stole so much that I wanted to close down the business, sadly, I encountered an unprecedented financial challenge at the time and sought investors, funny thing is that I even posted it here on Nairaland, that I was looking for investors....lol.........I eventually closed down the business and that experience remains one of the most painful in my life.

Conclusively, I'd say Human Resources was my bane. Without good and sincere people especially Managers, your business is likely to suffer.

And I hope you have fared better now.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by jclassiq(m): 6:27am On Nov 17, 2019
Around 2011 just before I went for my Industrial training in Lagos, the money I hustled and saved up was fast running out so it occurred to me to put it into something in order to preserve my money. I settled for photocopy business. I got the machine...an incredibly neat one that baffled and infuriated the other guys in the business around the area. My guardian(older bro) gave me fund to get a big gen. So spent around a hundred large(100k) for the entire setup.

I must confess that I'm a little slow in terms of picking up any skill and adapting so I never really made much progress in the business especially as I was running it and attending lectures at the simultaneously.lol. Week after week, it felt as thoug I was just wasting my precious time even though I was getting quite some patronage even for a new comer. I was wasting toner because I wanted to satisfy the customer.

I tried to employ a salesgirl once...but i found the one they brought for me to be too dull, too short, and too unattractive; I never bothered to look again. Also brought my nephew from home and after a while it was clear to me that I can't get anywhere with the young man so I sent him back.

Long story short, it was time for me to go for my industrial attachment and I packed my precious machine and went to Lagos for the 6 months training. By the time I returned, one evil human being destroyed the most sensitive part of the machine (cant remeber the name now)by rubbing it with petrol!!! So it leaves a big blank line in the middle of any photocopied work. Customers ran away as they couldn't take that.

I felt really sad. But I was almost going to be thru with school so I said....well, no wahala.

I cut my losses and sold both the machine and the gen for 20k each and used it to flex in school!!

Thankfully, that venture has validated the notion that one must never venture into an unknown territory if one is not ready to learn and adapt quickly.

Such a story.lol

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by madone: 6:35am On Nov 17, 2019
Noel1:

Well, for the fixed deposit, the rate depends on d bank. So, I suggest u speak with ur bank customer support. Remember u can negotiate a favorable interest - depending on the amount u want to fix.

I can't give authoritative answer of treasury bills yet. I need to inquire more about it myself o cheesy
ok will be doing that by Monday wait for the treasury Bill
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by CandleEyes(m): 6:37am On Nov 17, 2019
Greed and social anxiety

1 Like

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 17, 2019
hefelove:

How were u able to advertise on Facebook and they didn't flag ur account? Abi u dey post for groups ni?
Lol. I've casted all my family members ad accounts. I buy from people now. They flag but I try to sell out products before they start their wahala.

1 Like

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 17, 2019
primeache:

The moment you mentioned GIG, I lost interest in your write up
Why? Gig Logistics cost around 2800, you simply have to factor in that cost in your price.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 17, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Exactly.

Ten years after he is not yet married, maybe the girl is not his specification.

But he toasted her at first. He should have used his sense instead of heart.

2 Likes

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Youngzedd(m): 7:06am On Nov 17, 2019
Noel1:

I inquired with a GTB customer support. She said the more money u fix and the longer the fix period, the higher d interest u get.

As I was made to understand, the least u can fix with them is N100,000 for a duration of 30 days, and a 3% interest. U can always roll it over at the end of 30 days period, and get d new month interest based on ( previous month interest + d principal )

If u fix something like N200,000 or more, for a longer period, u can negotiate a higher interest.

Fixed deposit is taxable.

Treasury bill is better.

1 Like

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:06am On Nov 17, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
But he toasted her at first. He should have used his sense instead of heart.

That was why I said he started what he could not finish

1 Like

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2019
hustlelegit:
All those shouting mini-importation blah blah, mini -importation is 100% a profitable business depending on how vast your knowledge is on the field. Most of you venture into mini-importation with no knowledge on digital marketing or social media marketing, and you keep advising people not to start and blah blah. Mtcheww. I ventured into mini importation,print on demand and drop shipping at the same time and my business was booming but I stopped cos facebook deactivated my facebook account and I had a balance of 100k in my ads account, so I just decided to put it at hold since I can't create facebook ads and instagram ads, google ads dey expensive and twitter so I ignore those two. Am still pleading facebook till dey open am back.
Don't mislead people, learn digital marketing and you will be able to sell things easily, Invest and learn. I bought courses and learnt alot, so even if you have 100k start importing and put aside 20k for advertising and learn social media ads, if you no get money to learn am, find person to help you run am. Use gig logistics for your local delivery and u go Dec enjoy ur business.
Once facebook activates my account, I will start a subscription platform and my main target will be USA, Europe ,Canada and Australia cos those countres can invest in anything. No money is small to start a business bro
If you actually knowledgeable in digital marketing, you'd know you can create ad accounts using different people's Facebook accounts. If you are owing Facebook 100k, it's even best to dump the whole account. I use an ecard to pay for Facebook ad, once they flag the account, I delete the card and create another one and use for another Facebook account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 17, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

That was why I said he started what he could not finish
His village people.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by hustlelegit(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
If you actually knowledgeable in digital marketing, you'd know you can create ad accounts using different people's Facebook accounts. If you are owing Facebook 100k, it's even best to dump the whole account. I use an ecard to pay for Facebook ad, once they flag the account, I delete the card and create another one and use for another Facebook account.

Have used more than 3 SIM card to open an account but dey keep blocking it, someone told me its my IP so I want to use my friend old fb account with another Interenet connection,am tired of Opening new fb account everytime asking me for verification.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 17, 2019
hustlelegit:

Have used more than 3 SIM card to open an account but dey keep blocking it, someone told me its my IP so I want to use my friend old fb account with another Interenet connection,am tired of Opening new fb account everytime asking me for verification.
You dont use newly created Facebook account to create Ads. They'll lock the account sharply. Simply buy from people. I bought about 2 different accounts last month, still using one.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by hustlelegit(m): 7:40am On Nov 17, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:

Am not owing fb ooo, my prepaid balance na 100k, I created an ads account yesterday with my friend's fb and it's doing well. Was just waiting till facebook verify me cos of my money wey dey with them ,so don't want to do. Anything suspicious cos of their stupid algorithm and bots.

1 Like

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by hustlelegit(m): 7:43am On Nov 17, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
You dont use newly created Facebook account to create Ads. They'll lock the account sharply. Simply buy from people. I bought about 2 different accounts last month, still using one.

Yh I noticed that since this is my first experience, I was confused due to my money I can't just dash them d 100k na, have appealed several times done my verification but na pending my appeal form still dey. I just blindly open new ones and it got blocked. So I created a new one with my friend's ads account and it's doing well, I no just wan dash facebook my money.

2 Likes

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Thane(m): 7:47am On Nov 17, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Simply go register on Aliexpress.com and search for intimacy gadgets, pay and wait for your products. I advertise on jiji.com and Facebook.

I tried to order but i don't want to make d mistake of buying wat I can't sell as my capital is small, pls help put me through biko, i will appreciate. Maybe drop a mail where i can reach u
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by bestmutiu2019(m): 8:12am On Nov 17, 2019
sinaj:
You have nothing to fear when it comes to this business especially if you have a shop/boutique.

Just invest in marketing and stick to quality stuffs.

But there are more to it if you want to buy in bales tho.
hello ma are you into the business if yes please how can I contact you
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 17, 2019
hustlelegit:

Yh I noticed that since this is my first experience, I was confused due to my money I can't just dash them d 100k na, have appealed several times done my verification but na pending my appeal form still dey. I just blindly open new ones and it got blocked. So I created a new one with my friend's ads account and it's doing well, I no just wan dash facebook my money.
Well, best to move on. How come u paid 100k to them sef? I do pay as you go. I run ads then pay. I don't pay first o. Na me dey owe Facebook most times.

2 Likes

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 17, 2019
Thane:

I tried to order but i don't want to make d mistake of buying wat I can't sell as my capital is small, pls help put me through biko, i will appreciate. Maybe drop a mail where i can reach u
I can't help u there. It lies in your ability to sell. You need to believe you can sell and you will.

1 Like

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by hustlelegit(m): 8:18am On Nov 17, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Well, best to move on. How come u paid 100k to them sef? I do pay as you go. I run ads then pay. I don't pay first o. Na me dey owe Facebook most times.

I just deposit money that I know I will use to run ads for a month, it's what have always done and I didn't expect what happened to happen.

1 Like

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 17, 2019
hustlelegit:

I just deposit money that I know I will use to run ads for a month, it's what have always done and I didn't expect what happened to happen.
Risky
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by africanman85: 8:26am On Nov 17, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
how much do you buy old Facebook account and were can I buy one ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant / I Over-scratched This N200 Glo Card -- Nairalanders, Please Comment / See Some Of Nigeria's Richest Men In One Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.