Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria (585 Views)

Happy Independence Day Nigeria / Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' / The Present State Of Apapa Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by iyimide(m): 10:23am On Nov 11, 2019
Because I am tired of Nigeria and it's current state, I have decided that in 2023, I will contest for President of Nigeria.
Now, here is the problem of discuss, i dont know how many Nigerians will vote for genuine leadership with the interest of people at heart.
I need to know if I stand a chance.

I will do the following if elected

1) Recruit sound Teachers, give continuing education and continuous teacher trainings and make sure Teachers Salary increase.. the reason why we have this large decay is because the worst people are in teaching.. unemployable corners are posted to secondary schools, lack of motivation etc
2) Prioritise food supply
First, I will take duty off food materials and open Nigerian borders 200% for food and agricultural products only beverages such as Alomo, foreign mayonnaise m,foreign ketchup etc will be taxed
3) In choosing my ministers, Nigerians will choose by themselves.. heres how.. I will allocate portfolios to each state according to current deficit.. e g if katsina failed waec the most last year, they will have a minister of education slot allotted to them... then I will put advert on pages of newspaper.. and ask for specific qualifications and put age restrictions.. give deadline for application.. and then along with my special assistants, I will screen then I will bring the top 5 to National TV for debate.. nigerians will choose by voting.. and the top 2 will be presented to senate for screening... before a final one is picked.
4) reform the police.. scrap SARS first on my list.. then screen police and segment them.. where there are lacuna, I will recruit transparently.. with preference for people who studied criminology, conflict resolution, social work, sociology, social psychology etc.
After police reform which will take about 1 year, I will return financial fraud case prosecution to the police and scrap efcc to reduce wasteful government spending.
5) Put nigeria first.. for everytime there is a verified case of police brutality, molestation by uniformed men, the DPO or Unit commander is Immediately retired.. Stop unsustainable SIP programs.. integrate NPoWer into civil service and let them grow and promote and not 30K forever..
6) Job creation.. all first class 2-1 and distinction and upper credit are automatically employed right after NYSC.. so only the educationally less succesful are left to look for job, do trades, etc I will make business registration free and Reduce many import tariffs. Raw materials and spareparts will come at 5% duty and Vehicles are going to come in cheaper through import duty waivers based on length of business. I will be using BVN and NIMC to determine length of business.
7) insecurity, I will be providing food and Job in a new branch of the military specifically for people in the north east .. they will be saving and guiding their people.. I will gradually redeploy none north easterners to their previous bases.. I will also be deploying Biological solutions to the current situations.. for instance using natural methods like was done in Bahrain.. using bees to disperse riots and insurgents etc..
cool Power, I will decentralise power.. ask the governors from each region to seat together and provide a state and land for power centre in each region.. then we will go to companies who can help us produce these alternative source of power and sign reasonable MOU with them and ask TCN to oversee..
9) Communications.. I will ask service providers to make the first 200 minutes each month to be free for all Nigerians and since there is sim registration, all nigerians can not have more than 2 sim card... We will liase and see what we can do with data pricing.
10) Petroleum.. since not many Nigerians use kerosene, I will remove subsidy from Kerosine totally..and leave LPG as it is.. then petrol will go to 45NGN per litre.. like 95% subsidised.. I will talk about funding to support this idea.
11) Road Maintenance.. every federal Road that are currently unawarded will be awarded to an indigene if the locality.. with everyone applying transparently all automatedly not visiting any office.. we will use softwares automation to award contracts.. u will know if you have won as soon as you have submitted your bid on the internet as it is in Russia. On award, instant mobilisation fees alert to your provided bank account and deadline begins to countdown. Stiff penalties for defaulters.
12) Many people will begin to ask how I will find funds to manage the country since I will be giving everything almost free.. here is how, since I will be subsidising petrol, then I will introduce Vehicle use charge based on Engine Capacity in reverse order.. which means, 1.6 engine will have a lower use charge compared to V6 this means heavier cars will be reduced on our roads reducing emission and road maintenance problems..
Then I will also be introducing toll gates asides the car use charge.. and increase tariffs on foreign oils etc..
I will also be introducing E VISA for Nigeria at about 85% success rate but with a very high Visa fee.. entry permission and denials will now be at the discretion of Immigration officials at point of entries..
I will also be merging the banking sector with the postal sector to manage corruption and increase VAt and Stamp duty collection. I will be working largely on the performance of the postal services of Nigeria.
I will also be reintroducing the Airspace management levy that was stopped by jonathan.. which means every passenger who flies through the nigerian airspace irrespective of origin or destination of flight pays a tariff.
Within the first 2 years, I will be lobbying for any major international event e.g art exhibition, major sport event, fashion event, academic event etc... this will mean Nugeria will receive visitors thereby increasing income from Visas, Flights, hotels etc..
I will also work on adequately receiving the Maritime usage Tarrif and also charge pollution/emission tarrifs..
Also, there will be a yearly charge for continued Telephone Usage per sim card.. it will be minimal, currently thinking 850 NGN per sim card..
Also there will be cable television use charges like 300 yearly.
Also, I will be merging many agencies together and restructuring them examples
ICPC and code of conduct
Efcc and police
Immigration and Customs
Nigerian Human Right commission and Road safety and Legal aid council and deposit insurance commission together with Civil defense
Nafdac and SON
Neco and Jamb
Nigerian Quarantine Services and Port health
And many others to save much cost of governance.
Everyone in the executive during my time including president(myself) can not have more than 5 aides.
No official vehicle.. president and VP cant drive cars newer than 2008 except it's their personal vehicle.
No useless 3bn for Presidential trips.. as PAF will be auctioned till we are able to handle financially..
No feeding for anybody in aso rock, use your salary to chop..

These and many more things I plan to do..
Now, here is my dilemma, how many people want genuine honest change? I am not rich but I can afford the form and at least 300000 posters so that every nigerian can have a copy.
How many will vote for me?
If you will vote for me, just like and if you wont, just share... if I get 10000 likes, I will contest that election and we will do aggressive campaigns when (campaign opens) filled with Vibrant youths and Win the election..

Cc lalasticlala
Mynd44

4 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by Abdul05: 10:34am On Nov 11, 2019
Keep that dream to yourself or go to the Zoo and implement it

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by fykes(m): 10:35am On Nov 11, 2019
iyimide:
Because I am tired of Nigeria and it's current state, I have decided that in 2023, I will contest for President of Nigeria.
Now, here is the problem of discuss, i dont know how many Nigerians will vote for genuine leadership with the interest of people at heart.

1) Recruit sound Teachers, give continuing education and continuous teacher trainings and make sure Teachers Salary increase.. the reason why we have this large decay is because the worst people are in teaching.. unemployable corners are posted to secondary schools, lack of motivation etc
First, I will take duty off food materials and open Nigerian borders 200% for food and agricultural products only beverages such as Alomo, foreign mayonnaise m,foreign ketchup etc will be taxed
3) In choosing my ministers, Nigerians will choose by themselves.. heres how.. I will allocate portfolios to each state according to current deficit.. e g if katsina failed waec the most last year, they will have a minister of education slot allotted to them... then I will put advert on pages of newspaper.. and ask for specific qualifications and put age restrictions.. give deadline for application.. and then along with my special assistants, I will screen then I will bring the top 5 to National TV for debate.. nigerians will choose by voting.. and the top 2 will be presented to senate for screening... before a final one is picked.
4) reform the police.. scrap SARS first on my list.. then screen police and segment them.. where there are lacuna, I will recruit transparently.. with preference for people who studied criminology, conflict resolution, social work, sociology, social psychology etc.
After police reform which will take about 1 year, I will return financial fraud case prosecution to the police and scrap efcc to reduce wasteful government spending.
5) Put nigeria first.. for everytime there is a verified case of police brutality, molestation by uniformed men, the DPO or Unit commander is Immediately retired.. Stop unsustainable SIP programs.. integrate NPoWer into civil service and let them grow and promote and not 30K forever..
6) Job creation.. all first class 2-1 and distinction and upper credit are automatically employed right after NYSC.. so only the educationally less succesful are left to look for job, do trades, etc I will make business registration free and Reduce many import tariffs. Raw materials and spareparts will come at 5% duty and Vehicles are going to come in cheaper through import duty waivers based on length of business. I will be using BVN and NIMC to determine length of business.
7) insecurity, I will be providing food and Job in a new branch of the military specifically for people in the north east .. they will be saving and guiding their people.. I will gradually redeploy none north easterners to their previous bases.. I will also be deploying Biological solutions to the current situations.. for instance using natural methods like was done in Bahrain.. using bees to disperse riots and insurgents etc..
cool Power, I will decentralise power.. ask the governors from each region to seat together and provide a state and land for power centre in each region.. then we will go to companies who can help us produce these alternative source of power and sign reasonable MOU with them and ask TCN to oversee..
9) Communications.. I will ask service providers to make the first 200 minutes each month to be free for all Nigerians and since there is sim registration, all nigerians can not have more than 2 sim card... We will liase and see what we can do with data pricing.
10) Petroleum.. since not many Nigerians use kerosene, I will remove subsidy from Kerosine totally..and leave LPG as it is.. then petrol will go to 45NGN per litre.. like 95% subsidised..
11) Road Maintenance.. every federal Road that are currently unawarded will be awarded to an indigene if the locality.. with everyone applying transparently all automatedly not visiting any office.. we will use softwares automation to award contracts.. u will know if you have won as soon as you have submitted your bid on the internet as it is in Russia. On award, instant mobilisation fees alert to your provided bank account and deadline begins to countdown. Stiff penalties for defaulters.
10) Many people will begin to ask how I will find funds to manage the country since I will be giving everything almost free.. here is how, since I will be subsidising petrol, then I will introduce Vehicle use charge based on Engine Capacity in reverse order.. which means, 1.6 engine will have a lower use charge compared to V6 this means heavier cars will be reduced on our roads reducing emission and road maintenance problems..
Then I will also be introducing toll gates asides the car use charge.. and increase tariffs on foreign oils etc..
I will also be introducing E VISA for Nigeria at about 85% success rate but with a very high Visa fee.. entry permission and denials will now be at the discretion of Immigration officials at point of entries..
I will also be merging the banking sector with the postal sector to manage corruption and increase VAt and Stamp duty collection. I will be working largely on the performance of the postal services of Nigeria.
I will also be reintroducing the Airspace management levy that was stopped by jonathan.. which means every passenger who flies through the nigerian airspace irrespective of origin or destination of flight pays a tariff.
Within the first 2 years, I will be lobbying for any major international event e.g art exhibition, major sport event, fashion event, academic event etc... this will mean Nugeria will receive visitors thereby increasing income from Visas, Flights, hotels etc..
I will also work on adequately receiving the Maritime usage Tarrif and also charge pollution/emission tarrifs..
Also, there will be a yearly charge for continued Telephone Usage per sim card.. it will be minimal, currently thinking 850 NGN per sim card..
ICPC and code of conduct
Efcc and police
Immigration and Customs
Nigerian Human Right commission and Road safety and Legal aid council and deposit insurance commission together with Civil defense
Nafdac and SON
Neco and Jamb
Everyone in the executive during my time including president(myself) can not have more than 5 aides.
No official vehicle.. president and VP cant drive cars newer than 2008 except it's their personal vehicle.
No useless 3bn for Presidential trips.. as PAF will be auctioned till we are able to handle financially..

Now, here is my dilemma, how many people want genuine honest change? I am not rich but I can afford the form and at least 300000 posters so that every nigerian can have a copy.
If you will vote for me, just like and if you wont, just share... if I get 10000 likes, I will contest that election and we will do aggressive campaigns filled with Vibrant youths and Win the election..

Even though I can ask a million questions,
I must commend your drive.
The world belongs to dreamers.
You, my friend, has a strong volition for good and if u will just "strive" to keep ur thoughts pure, destiny will smile kindly on you.
I will vote and follow a man of ideas anyday rather than a man of promises

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by fykes(m): 10:36am On Nov 11, 2019
Abdul05:
Keep that dream to yourself or go to the Zoo and implement it

Wake up brother, d future started yesterday.
The world has left u behind, tribalism is stale news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by DIRTYAFONJH: 10:38am On Nov 11, 2019
this thread deserve FP.

seun and his MODS bring back our so we can have something to troll
Re: I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by iyimide(m): 11:04am On Nov 11, 2019
We deserve to make this Nation our pride.
This should go to Front page so people can like and lets see where we are going.
Re: I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 11, 2019
iyimide:
We deserve to make this Nation our pride.
This should go to Front page so people can like and lets see where we are going

Pride of who and who exactly?

Dem take Nigeria swear for you guys Abeg..
Re: I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by designking: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2019
I love the actionable and doable plans on this OP
Re: I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2019
iyimide:

So, you are going to force people to go into teaching, eh? Because 'useless people are in teaching'

At the expense of our foreign exchange reserves, and at the end of the day, our domestic farming industry would cease to exist...and millions of farmers would be left unemployed...

LOL....one man's qualifed minister is another man's..

With this idea...becoming a minister would be a popularity contest...which is just as bad as the current set up...

LOL, LOL, LOL....
1.At the end of the day, you won't have enough police men at all.
2.EFCC is doing a good job.....not very well.(see how dem dey look at Tinubu and grass cutter)....
3.SARS is bad, but scrap them, and the crime mata go dey worse ten times...

Okay, good idea.

Reducing import tarrifs, is a sure way to wreck the already weak domestic industry, especially the domestic car industry, and a host of other things (unless you are reducing import duties for vital raw materials for industry...okay).

I'm sorry, but the last people to deploy biological warfare were very evil dictators. Plus, deploying North easterners only to Northeast isn't going to end the war in the NE. Plus, most North easterners are already fighting Boko in the civillian JTF anyway.

So, you will give each state 20billion dollars to make sure they generate 10000MW electricity.. (Lagos may even need 20000MW self)..plus fisxing transmission isn't going to be cheap. You are looking for companies...note, no company is going to come and do cheap job for you.? (Our reserve won't be enough to guarantee electricity for 2 states self).

Comrade, the days of socialism are over. Everyone is a capitalist.

And by the end of the first month, many telcos would pull out of Nigeria, because you have just made their business less profitable! LOL!

10) Petroleum.. since not many Nigerians use kerosene, I will remove subsidy from Kerosine totally..and leave LPG as it is.. then petrol will go to 45NGN per litre.. like 95% subsidised.. I will talk about funding to support this idea.

If you dare carry out this idea, we will end up having chronic fuel scarcity, plus poor supply of fuel. To say nothing of massive job losses. We are not earning enough from oil to pay for a subsidy on fuel. Sorry.

Yeah...and a lot of unqualified people would be getting jobs....plus from past experience, having an indigene doing a project does not mean things will be done well. Sorry

12) Many people will begin to ask how I will find funds to manage the country since I will be giving everything almost free.. here is how, since I will be subsidising petrol, then I will introduce Vehicle use charge based on Engine Capacity in reverse order.. which means, 1.6 engine will have a lower use charge compared to V6 this means heavier cars will be reduced on our roads reducing emission and road maintenance problems..

LOL...LOL....so you will be adding taxes on Nigerians after all. Plus, the money raised won't be enough to pay for subsidising fuel at all. At the end of the day, you would have to remove subsidy, or the petrol sector would be wrecked...and there would be chronic fuel queues.....

Note to OP...The above was made in the spirit of fun, no malice intended. But let's be frank, if one wants to run a welfarist government in Nigeria, one must make sure the source of funding is stable...or else , you will be taking loans tire from IMF pass Buhari.
Re: I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by Taba21: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
iyimide:

ICPC and code of conduct
Efcc and police
Immigration and Customs
Nafdac and SON
Neco and Jamb

If you will vote for me, just like and if you wont, just share... if I get 10000 likes, I will contest that election and we will do aggressive campaigns when (campaign opens) filled with Vibrant youths and Win the election..

Cc lalasticlala

Mynd44

My friend have you sailed passed the rugged sea island and the valley of death that's the only thing you have to do so that you can rule Nigeria through conquest without godfatherism of a thing.

Re: I Am Tired Of the Present Day Nigeria by AirBagi(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
This is not your true self brother, all this your talk go change once you enter a government office and see figures, the real you would showcase grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Edo Assembly Declares 14 Seats Vacant / Nigerians React As President Buhari Travels To Egypt. / Lagos decide:Oshodi Bus Terminal, Lagos Blue Rail Line Or Forth Mainland Bridge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.