Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? (17458 Views)

6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers / Can My Car Be Sold Without My Presence? / 11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? by greatbrian(m): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2019
laptopsale:
Re-register the car with new number plates , just hand the custom papers to a good agent and you will the documents and number plates in a week. Your mum won't know , as a car dealer talking from experience.

Have done that already. Expecting the number plates soonest.
Re: Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? by ospreywin(m): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2019
We can help you re-register it with no traces of previous registration and its possible a car can be registered more than once. More details? Whatsapp or call 08144476474
Re: Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? by AlphLukau: 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2019
The way Fraud dey move for Naija ehh !!! , Na Only God Will Save Us oooo
Re: Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? by laptopsale(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
greatbrian:

Have done that already. Expecting the number plates soonest.
good, congrats to your mum on her new ride.
Re: Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? by obillyj(f): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:
Gentlemen nairalanders on auto section, i need help.

Can a car be registered twice without showing the previous registration in the liason office.

It all plays down this way, I saw a car on Nairalander here won't mention the model etc and I loved it. I showed my mum and she wanted it immediately. After a while, I spoke with the seller and I went for inspection. We agreed on a good price and after payment I realised the car was previously registered to one owner like that. I knew the deal was too good to be true getting such a nice sleek ride at that price. Though the car z top notch ntin to fix and can pass for tokunbo though the dealer claimed the previous owner never never used it. He just paid half and left it with the promise to finish the payment and pick it up. Later on the guy had financial issues and decided selling it bla bla bla. (After payment). The issue is my mum Categorically have trust issues when it comes to Nigerian used due to past experience, And no matter how much I explain the car z registered already she might and will still have mixed feelings.

The issue is will the cat not be let out of the bag during registration. How can I go abt this etc.

Only serious folks please.
If the car was originally registered that means all the details including the names, address, phone number belongs to the previous owner. Driving it without having the documents in ur name or proof of buying it from the previous owner will result to u driving a stolen car.
You must do change of ownership. By so doing, u secure a new plate number and all info will be changed to yours. To do COO u must present a proof of purchase or transfer from the previous owner, his valid means of identification and all current documents of the vehicle.
That means the seller has to help you reach the person in whose name the car was originally registered with.
Re: Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? by greatbrian(m): 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
nurey:

from what I gathered from the op I am guessing he bought the car for his mum to whao her but due to some financial constraints he can't afford tokunbo.

not that his mum gave him money for tokunbo and he bought naija used, I wanted to ask but sometimes it's better for one to not insinuate negatively.

Thanks so much oga nurey u r one of the few I respect on auto section... I actually saw a Benz C300 here white colour which was advertised tokunboh with a price of 3.5m. I loved the car for my mum since it was upgrade an moded though the dealer said everything from us I took his words hook line and sinker and showed my mum the Car. She had just 1.5 for a car since sh has 2-3 cars and that was just to add as an executive ride for ceremonial purposes and again I just wanted my mum to have a feeling of Benz. She gave me the 1.5 and I was like I will surprise he for her birthday I went to Lagos from Kaduna for the car and it was after the payment that the owner of the dealership store called me back and gave me the previous documents and explained the car fact he thought the guy who posted the car here briefed me. I was confused and disappointed and again have never thought of getting my mum a Nigerian used due to the fact she used one when I was a teenager and it was a bad story. I didnt wanna go me futile to Lagos so I respected the deal though I mandated the guy to follow me for a police report etc. The only part is I kept it all from my mum... Its all gone now sha. The car was successfully registered since November last year and it drives like a g wagon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tesla's New Station,The World's Largest Can SuperCharge 50 Cars At The Same Time / Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? / How To Know When Car Tyres Need Replacing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.