Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders (24430 Views)

Poultry Workers Bury Eggs To Steal Them (Video) / Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Open Closed Borders / Poultry Farmers What Would You Do Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by madridsta007(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2019
ManirBK:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/nairametrics.com/2019/11/06/poultry-farmers-beg-president-buhari-not-to-open-closed-borders/amp/

In Buhari’s first stint as Dictator, Nigerians queued for bread, egg, milk and toothpaste. It was like a Venezuelan situation.
The result of a similar closed border policy.

I’m certain that he’s about to do this again. It’s just sad, the non-Buharists that will suffer as well from this.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by adedapodvirus001(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2019
Contact us for your dosing pumps and systems. Our products are strong and reliable.

We also sell, install and service compressors

dadedapo@belloil.com

Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:45am On Nov 12, 2019
Fabb326:
Ani adiro nma bu uru ndi nze.

If u know u know or go get yourself an Igbo translator grin

Even bronze has its beauty.
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by Cantonese: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2019
Those who have largely benefitted are the producers and not the consumers. For food, government should put price control mechanisms in place. As it stands now Nigerian rice producers have hiked their prices far beyond the cost of the imported ones. If there is a method of checkmating prices then food products can be easily accessible to all.

There are daily reports of some customs officers who aid smugglers. This way smuggling thrives within and around the border communities. Smugglers and some wayward customs officers are very friendly. So some customs officers sadly benefit also. Our police officers and other security men around those areas also benefit. Smugglers now even make plenty of money. How can rhis border closure work effectively?
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 12, 2019
loswhite:
so local farmers cannot compete with goods coming all the way from Turkey and Thailand? They don't even have interest in competing they Just want sure 3 odds lol
The challenge in Nigeria is huge. This border closure issue will solve many challenges we are facing. Buhari has just opened up a real work for the next president. And I think this is why it should be Buhari now. He cannot solve the economic problem, but he has started something great that will lead to the rapid development of Nigeria.

One main reason imported goods are cheaper is the high cost of production in Nigeria. And why is it so? The total power generated is too low. We keep on using gas generators. As long as we dont solve power and energy challenges, we will continue to be in serious problems.

Luckily, Dangote has picked up oil refinery which means we will never almost import gas and diesel again. And thereby, that crazy oil subsidy will be forever eradicated. That is a huge relieve and eradication of a stubborn corrupt area. Those oil cabals knows Dangote and Otedola have defeated them. Why do you think Femi is doing more charity work now. He does not want to look like a vallian who is going to monopolise the oil industry with Dangote. So, he reformatted his brain to look like Dangote and Bill Gates. All na business strategies. Lol. Femi is a smart man.

Let us allow Buhari fight smugglers to stand still. When our brain is refined, we will think out of the box. Then, you will see how the masses will run mad with the government to the extent that they will focus on power. The next government will face the cabals that are not making power work well in Nogeria.

Nigeria is in a deep mess. But it seems that just a pull of correction from a sector is the big bang needed to correct all other sectors. Looks up me that this border closure is a big win. And whether we like it or not, I agree with Femi Fani Kayode who said the chief of Staff is a smart man. That guy is the one who pulled this border closure. Buhari will not open it until the guy says so. Lol.

This is my prediction. Let us allow Buhari do this once and for all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by uwa244(m): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2019
One man's meat is another man's poison.
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
es144000:
He should lock it for at least 5 years

Ha! Baba! That one no good ooo. I believe 6 more months us enough to fine tune our brain. But I wish all the customs and immigration officers can be sacked. All of them. And let them go to farm to produce vegetables, tubers, grains, and meat. Lol. They must all be sacked if we want to win this battle against corruption. They are all enemies of progress.
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by Geesaintagape: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2019
Only PDP is condemning the fg move
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by MYGRATEskillz(m): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2019
We can as well stop eating poultry food all the same
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by shitshappen(m): 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
Ezekiel Ibrahim

It's a collabo
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by kleverley(m): 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2019
So it is. If policy favors you, it is good. If it doesn't it is bad.
One Man's food is another Man's poison
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by Spidermon: 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2019
912:

As far as sayings go this your saying doesn't make any sense. Please name one sickness that another person thinks is good health

Obesity
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by LZAA: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2019
The northern borders are open but hey sai baba right grin
Na ndi ofe i pity
What tinubu will see will be worse than what awo and mko received
Smh
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by LZAA: 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
Pistotita:

The challenge in Nigeria is huge. This border closure issue will solve many challenges we are facing. Buhari has just opened up a real work for the next president. And I think this is why it should be Buhari now. He cannot solve the economic problem, but he has started something great that will lead to the rapid development of Nigeria.

One main reason imported goods are cheaper is the high cost of production in Nigeria. And why is it so? The total power generated is too low. We keep on using gas generators. As long as we dont solve power and energy challenges, we will continue to be in serious problems.

Luckily, Dangote has picked up oil refinery which means we will never almost import gas and diesel again. And thereby, that crazy oil subsidy will be forever eradicated. That is a huge relieve and eradication of a stubborn corrupt area. Those oil cabals knows Dangote and Otedola have defeated them. Why do you think Femi is doing more charity work now. He does not want to look like a vallian who is going to monopolise the oil industry with Dangote. So, he reformatted his brain to look like Dangote and Bill Gates. All na business strategies. Lol. Femi is a smart man.

Let us allow Buhari fight smugglers to stand still. When our brain is refined, we will think out of the box. Then, you will see how the masses will run mad with the government to the extent that they will focus on power. The next government will face the cabals that are not making power work well in Nogeria.

Nigeria is in a deep mess. But it seems that just a pull of correction from a sector is the big bang needed to correct all other sectors. Looks up me that this border closure is a big win. And whether we like it or not, I agree with Femi Fani Kayode who said the chief of Staff is a smart man. That guy is the one who pulled this border closure. Buhari will not open it until the guy says so. Lol.

This is my prediction. Let us allow Buhari do this once and for all.
Nigger area had four functional refineries shut down by abacha so as to aid their cronies
U in all honesty think one refinery(based in lagos btw will be the answergrin)
I haven't laughed so hard in a long time so thanks for that
Any and i mean anybody who is expecting power to be constant here must be joesph
Smh
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Afamed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by REDshouse(m): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2019
blowjohn:

And they are poisoning people with bad, tasteless eggs.
Eggs with white yolks.
Why can't they feed their chickens with normal food?
go and farm and produce your better quality eggs...
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by REDshouse(m): 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2019
Omonigho51:
80% of vaccine used in poultry are imported, they should be careful.
the sea and air ports are widely open my dear
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by 912(m): 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2019
Spidermon:

Obesity

Wrong! No one things obesity is good health.
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by blowjohn(m): 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
REDshouse:
go and farm and produce your better quality eggs...

Unfortunately am not into farming.
If I must do so I'll produce only eggs with good healthy yolks.
U eat junk cos u don't know the consequences.
Go to a typical shop in America and then go to ur village and check if the eggs u find there are not the ones with yellow/orange yolks.
But u don't know anything about healthy eating so u can continue eating chemicals.
If we sane authorities, things like this would be inspected and regulated.
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by es144000: 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
Pistotita:

Ha! Baba! That one no good ooo. I believe 6 more months us enough to fine tune our brain. But I wish all the customs and immigration officers can be sacked. All of them. And let them go to farm to produce vegetables, tubers, grains, and meat. Lol. They must all be sacked if we want to win this battle against corruption. They are all enemies of progress.
If you sack all of them, is it not Nigerians that will be recruited?
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2019
urahara:

Hebrew and Arabic
At the time of new testament,The people of isreal(stolen palastinia lands) spoke Aramia not Hebrew.Hebrew was a dead language for thousands of years,it was only revived in 1940s.
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by GreenArrow1(m): 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
abhosts:
Why would local producers not be happy?
Cost of Frozen Chicken is up 40 Percent in some parts of lagos Since the border closure.

That's really good.
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by slowice(m): 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2019
I wonder how they got that estimate..... 50b
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by Originalsly: 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2019
Mires:

You are correct. Nigerians are greedy. We are our problem. I do wonder what is the fate of this county given our selfish nature. An average Nigerian, be it a trader or whoever is as wicked as our politicians. Few minuted to this thread, I called a relative who do buying and selling of poultry. She told me she's been on the way in search of poultry to buy. That it's not getting funny. That the one they sold about N1,500 a month ago now goes for minimum of N2,500 on abeg abeg.

She does buying and selling..... has to search far and wide .... seen how the price has skyrocketed .... and is lamenting... but yet she is blind to the golden opportunity to raise poultry... cut out the middleman... and make a whole lot more profit. Too many people have opportunities staring them in the face but can't recognize.
The border shouod remain closed... let those with stomachs programmed for foreign food either reprogramme... or starve to death.
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by urahara(m): 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ibrahimmrfish:

At the time of new testament,The people of isreal(stolen palastinia lands) spoke Aramia not Hebrew.Hebrew was a dead language for thousands of years,it was only revived in 1940s.

Prophet Ezekiel lived during old testament times.
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by Susu888(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2019
Border lemains crosed!

Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by GoodMuyis(m): 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
Ezekiel Ibrahim

You don hear Goodluck shekarau
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
gaetano:
They are all mad. Tell the president to increase tax duties on those commodities. Na only poultry product and rice we dey chop? There are other trading items that are very important.

They speak and fight for themselves nobody will speak for you
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2019
gaetano:
They are all mad. Tell the president to increase tax duties on those commodities. Na only poultry product and rice we dey chop? There are other trading items that are very important.

They speak and fight for themselves
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by olalat(m): 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
gaetano:
you and your generation are the ones here. What do you know about investing one's life savings without a commensurating returns cos unpatriotic fools like you bring all sorts of rubbish into the country. Go and die, border remin closed.
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by tstx(m): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2019
912:

As far as sayings go this your saying doesn't make any sense. Please name one sickness that another person thinks is good health

For your sake I really hope you are just a teenager who doesn't know anything about adages..
Re: Poultry Farmers Beg President Buhari Not To Re-Open Borders by LocalNietzsche: 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2019
Self centered losers that can't deal with competition. Let us drive our economy to hyperinflation, it seems we are not trying hard enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking / Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria / Buy Cows And Goats from the north

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.