Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? (9578 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Malami Playing Politics To Divide Yoruba, Igbo People- HURIWA / Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom / Don’t Create Tension Between Yoruba, Igbo In Lagos, Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by MetaPhysical: 7:58am On Nov 12, 2019
kettykin:

This is the more reason for biafra , biafra should be a Nigerian project and not an igbo project only

Kaduna Declaration kick started an independent Biafra for you....free of charge and without any bloodshed. What did you do with it?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by richie240: 7:58am On Nov 12, 2019
kettykin:

This is the more reason for biafra , biafra should be a Nigerian project and not an igbo project only

Lolz, clowns
What concerns Nigeria with Biafra.
When u lots are #really ready for Biafra u'll pack ur kaya and head over to Biafra/"East-rel"
As at now, u are creating nuisance(s) with ur "zoo" chants yet travelling in droves daily to d same "zoo".
#jokers

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Omoodua007: 7:59am On Nov 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I think the question ought to be "Is there any ethnic group in Nigeria that doesn't have issues with Ibo"? Don't single out Yoruba...we just happen to be most visible on internet and our responses to Ibo are heard more often than what you hear from others. On Hausa forums Ibos are thrashed daily but you won't know because it is written in Hausa. Go and check Asari videos and what he said about enslaving and selling Ibos. Ibos themselves have cried out repeatedly that their people are despised in Benue. Their markets are targets of vandalism and intimidation for the slightest excuse in Bayelsa. In Jos, everytime violence break out between Fulani and indigenes Ibos go into hiding...for fear of becoming collateral victim. It is a serious problem, very serious, and it needs a fix....but it is compounded by Ibo themselves and the avenues to use to fix it is often blocked by their own arrogance.

You couldn’t have said it better
The biggest delusion they have his “people envy us”
It’s literally not envy igbos breed irritance
They are being sacked from Ghana , South Africa, India , in Malaysia they know us by tribes , Benin & Togo

But they still think all of these countries are jealous of them
They don’t understand concept of diplomacy
Like you said ijaw called them slaves
Hausas threaten them an exit
Yoruba threaten to drown them

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Front0lane: 8:03am On Nov 12, 2019
My bigoted brother Igbos are not among the top 11 if that is what you care to know.

kettykin:

Have you bothered to find out the top revenue generators in Lagos and ogun
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Omoodua007: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2019
Front0lane:
My bigoted brother Igbos are not among the top 11 if that is what you care to know.

And why are they experts at developing others except themselves
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Front0lane: 8:06am On Nov 12, 2019
So where in Nigeria history was Igbo ever allowed to cede ?
Bigotry as indeed ruined the lives of you myopic Igbos.

kettykin:

Do you realize how a statement by the same Awolowo goaded igbos into the civil war. How Awolowo stated that if by omission or commission igbos were allowed to secede, yorubas would secede.

I have taken this up with some friends who are in the law and legal profession and all have the verdict that the statement simply means something different from what Awolowo eventually did

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by FakeManna: 8:06am On Nov 12, 2019
[s]
helinues:
The cat and mouse friendships between East and West majorly exist online not in real life
[/s]
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by FakeManna: 8:06am On Nov 12, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Brother, if it about wickedness, SW would have used other dangerous method apart from hunger.. Bio chemical weapons don exist tey tey oo..
[/s]
trash
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by richie240: 8:09am On Nov 12, 2019
kettykin:

Who authored power shift and lost their field marshal in a bid to have power shifted to them. Wait until 2023 and see if your political fate will be better than igbo

Hahahaha.....
Bia nwannem, mention just one person from d SE DT has shown interest in d ticket.
None! U are still living in self-denial.
Wake up and smell d coffee, biko.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by FakeManna: 8:19am On Nov 12, 2019
[s]
helinues:

We were/are not that heartless and stoned hearted like Ojukwu's ego massaging war..
[/s]
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by nijabazaar: 8:42am On Nov 12, 2019
Omoodua007:

Or even exterminate their entire population
And it was a war
They wanted to invade Lagos
Awolowo should have killed at least 10m to send a strong signal to them that 3m wasn’t enough
Loool

This is the reason why Igbos hate Yoruba....

You are the reason.
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by gidgiddy: 8:45am On Nov 12, 2019
Smalldick123:
Why do igbo's hate yoruba's?.
Why do yoruba's hate igbo's?.
Despite the fact that we are:
One nigeria. &
Same Southern nigeria.
A yoruba man will prefer a northerner being president than his fellow southern igbo.
Same with an igbo man too.
Why?

So they told you that once you are in "one Nigeria" you must like each other? Igbos and Yorubas have nothing in common except that the British lumped them both in one country in 1914

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by MetaPhysical: 9:07am On Nov 12, 2019
nijabazaar:

This is the reason why Igbos hate Yoruba....

You are the reason.

So do you love Hausa? grin
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by MetaPhysical: 9:14am On Nov 12, 2019
gidgiddy:

So they told you that once you are in "one Nigeria" you must like each other? Igbos and Yorubas have nothing in common except that the British lumped them both in one country in 1914

Precisely!

I have combed repositories, including exclusive ones with subscription, trying to find any record of Yoruba contact with Ibo pre-1900....None exist! Not in oral record, not in written record. I even looked at artworks that perharps I will find trace of contact with Ibo, None exist!

Yoruba has record of Ijaw and Igala...the two colonizers of Ibo ahead of Britain. Yoruba related with others at State level....Ibo had no State, therefore we had no reason whatsoever to know you or care who you were.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Area4Area: 9:22am On Nov 12, 2019
kettykin:
The problem is not why they hate each other, the problem is why are they in the same country, sharing the same country. Me thinks the remaining Nigerians should just let biafra be so tyat peace can reign
They are in the same country because Zik and Ironsi wanted it at all cost.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by wingmanIII: 10:15am On Nov 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I think the question ought to be "Is there any ethnic group in Nigeria that doesn't have issues with Ibo"? Don't single out Yoruba...we just happen to be most visible on internet and our responses to Ibo are heard more often than what you hear from others. On Hausa forums Ibos are thrashed daily but you won't know because it is written in Hausa. Go and check Asari videos and what he said about enslaving and selling Ibos. Ibos themselves have cried out repeatedly that their people are despised in Benue. Their markets are targets of vandalism and intimidation for the slightest excuse in Bayelsa. In Jos, everytime violence break out between Fulani and indigenes Ibos go into hiding...for fear of becoming collateral victim. It is a serious problem, very serious, and it needs a fix....but it is compounded by Ibo themselves and the avenues to use to fix it is often blocked by their own arrogance.

In your delusion you believe the Hausa,Ijaw,Benue, Jos etc love Yorubas?
Dream on.
Truth is,ethnic groups in Nigeria dislike each other, even those who are neighbors. Igbos are exposed more to this aggression because they travel to all nooks and corners of the country to do business.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Antivirus92(m): 10:39am On Nov 12, 2019
leokid866:

Oh please it was a time of War, if you understand the true meaning of war you would know I'm liable to use whatever I have at my disposal to see you on your knees.....like ojukwu won't do the same if the case were reversed. And yes hunger as an instrument....how can you come shit on all our collective plates and still be expecting to be fed from our kitchen....there won't have been hunger if ojukwu had thought about development instead of seeing how he can acquire more weapons and be selling Nigeria oil for cheap.
if u can use any means to win a war , why then does the word "war crime " exist?, was the word invented by igbos ?
there are things u do during a war ,despite being a war ,it becomes a crime against humanity ,

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by leokid866: 10:45am On Nov 12, 2019
Antivirus92:
if u can use any means to win a war , why then does the word "war crime " exist?, was the word invented by igbos ?
there are things u do during a war ,despite being a war ,it becomes a crime against humanity ,
Cross the U.S army and tell them this let's see how long it will take before they start waterboarding you....lol...and what happened was far from a crime we just closed movement of certain goods to certain parts of the country as is the right of a sovereign government....
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Antivirus92(m): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2019
leokid866:

Cross the U.S army and tell them this let's see how long it will take before they start waterboarding you....lol...and what happened was far from a crime we just closed movement of certain goods to certain parts of the country as is the right of a sovereign government....
the same usa that has scrapped off capital punishment and even some of their methods of torturing criminals ,,,
say another thing my friend ,,,
starvation is war crime ,,,simple !

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Smalldick123(m): 11:35am On Nov 12, 2019
gidgiddy:

says who?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Smalldick123(m): 11:45am On Nov 12, 2019
Omoodua007:

Igbos are programmed to hate Yorubas
They wish they were us
They wish they had our economic clout
They wish they had our cities Oyo is the size of south east
Ogun generates more IGR than the entire SE.
Lagos is the 7th largest economy in Africa
We are the most educated
We have the best private & public schools
We have better leaders

All these greatness infuriaties them & they blame their backwardness on Yoruba

A whole Chinua Achebe’s last book was dedicated to insulting Yorubas you can imagine at that age

Never will wole Soyinka descend to that level
AFONJA spotted

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by richie240: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Kaduna Declaration kick started an independent Biafra for you....free of charge and without any bloodshed. What did you do with it?
The noisemakers sharperly turned Northern igbos na, where were u? lolz
grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3892721/new-tribe-emerged-northern-igbo?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3274190479

https://www.nairaland.com/3002100/10-good-reasons-northern-igbos?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5302704917

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by 0monnak0da: 11:58am On Nov 12, 2019
Omoodua007:

Yes it’s by Yorubas and foreigners running Nigeria’s economy
From banks to manufacturers to IT

Spare part sellers and gala is not the bane of Yoruba land
I forgot we also have oil in Lagos & ondo
POINT OF CORRECTION

They are the bane grin oooo!
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by 0monnak0da: 11:59am On Nov 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Precisely!

I have combed repositories, including exclusive ones with subscription, trying to find any record of Yoruba contact with Ibo pre-1900....None exist! Not in oral record, not in written record. I even looked at artworks that perharps I will find trace of contact with Ibo, None exist!

Yoruba has record of Ijaw and Igala...the two colonizers of Ibo ahead of Britain. Yoruba related with others at State level....Ibo had no State, therefore we had no reason whatsoever to know you or care who you were.
I think Asari Dokubo has good records of what was happening before 1900
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by 0monnak0da: 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2019
wingmanIII:

In your delusion you believe the Hausa,Ijaw,Benue, Jos etc love Yorubas?
Dream on.
Truth is,ethnic groups in Nigeria dislike each other, even those who are neighbors. Igbos are exposed more to this aggression because they travel to all nooks and corners of the country to do business.
They travel more than Fulani herdsmen to do their business?
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by leokid866: 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
Antivirus92:
the same usa that has scrapped off capital punishment and even some of their methods of torturing criminals ,,,

Lol....try them and see if they don't put your b*lls in a vice..

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Smalldick123(m): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2019
0monnak0da:
They travel more than Fulani herdsmen to do their business?
is fulani herdsmen human beings?

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Iamgrey5(m): 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Precisely!

Try reading about Olukumi in Northern region of delta state.

Olukumi is a name for Eastern Yoruba people namely Owo

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by leokid866: 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
Antivirus92:

Surely you can't be talking about the same U.S thar their president is issuing death threats on Twitter....oga please don't just see your environment but observe and stop talking trash out your mouth.
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Iamgrey5(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2019
gidgiddy:

Google Olukumi

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by gidgiddy: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Yoruba related with others at State level....Ibo had no State, therefore we had no reason whatsoever to know you or care who you were.

Igbos like me wish it had stayed that way. The day Lugard lumped Igbos and Yorubas together in one country in 1914 was a big mistake

The day Igbos are no longer in one country with Yorubas will be a glorious day.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Ndibunna: 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
Smalldick123:
Why do igbo's hate yoruba's?.
Why do yoruba's hate igbo's?.
Despite the fact that we are:
One nigeria. &
Same Southern nigeria.
A yoruba man will prefer a northerner being president than his fellow southern igbo.
Same with an igbo man too.
Why?

Where are you from

I mean which state are you from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition / Bandits Linked To Boko Haram Delay Release Of Greenfield University Students / Orji Kalu: Tinubu’s Presidency Will Benefit Igbo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.