Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,950 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:13 AM

Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? (9432 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Malami Playing Politics To Divide Yoruba, Igbo People- HURIWA / Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom / Don’t Create Tension Between Yoruba, Igbo In Lagos, Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Smalldick123(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ndibunna:

Where are you from
I mean which state are you from?
proudly from enugu state
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Kapilta(m): 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2019
kettykin:

Do you realize how a statement by the same Awolowo goaded igbos into the civil war. How Awolowo stated that if by omission or commission igbos were allowed to secede, yorubas would secede.

I have taken this up with some friends who are in the law and legal profession and all have the verdict that the statement simply means something different from what Awolowo eventually did
do you by any means try to find out why Pa Awo made that statement. Did you find out if it was for or against the ibos secession plan.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Kapilta(m): 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
kettykin:

The top 5 tax payers in Lagos are non yoruba companies

Zenith bank pays more tax than glo and gtb
Mtn and dangote are not yoruba companies

Glo has gone down the drain so which yoruba IT company. Which manufacturing company owned by yoruba is thriving
which Glo has gone down the drain? The second largest network in Nigeria gone down the drain I'm not even interested in the other companies.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Kapilta(m): 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
Dikegodspower:
we the Igbo s don't hate youruba s..
but we hate the way the allow themselves to be use by the northerners.
the day they stand up to defend sowore,,we the igbo's will have a second thought.
look who's talking about been used? Go and ask zik in heaven how he was used pre independence and how they've been using you since 1999 without reward.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2019
Kapilta:
look who's talking about been used? Go and ask zik in heaven how he was used pre independence and how they've been using you since 1999 without reward.

We are saying that we want sowore to be free..

We are demanding for his freedom...

Everybody has decided to arise for sowore to be free.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Kapilta(m): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2019
madmohamed:
your asking me what will happen. Make NDI igbo be uncomfortable in South West then you will see what will happen
Fashola deported them in Lagos, Akure boys beat the hell out of your akure igwe and nothing happened. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Kapilta(m): 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:

We are saying that we want sowore to be free..

We are demanding for his freedom...

Everybody has decided to arise for sowore to be free.
of course you have to, all of you are Nigerian and he clearly stated he was leading Nigerians in revolution. So that's wonderful, you Nigerians should keep it up.
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2019
Kapilta:
of course you have to, all of you are Nigerian and he clearly stated he was leading Nigerians in revolution. So that's wonderful, you Nigerians should keep it up.

See Statement ooo

Are you not a Nigerian?
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Kapilta(m): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
gidgiddy:

So they told you that once you are in "one Nigeria" you must like each other? Igbos and Yorubas have nothing in common except that the British lumped them both in one country in 1914
was it not the igbos that caused it. Are you not responsible for the 'One Nigeria'? Don't you so much love the 'One Nigeria that you even cancelled regional government. Ibos after destroying the new nation now want secede, smh, even after sweating blood to keep us all together forcefully.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by desmond2pk: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2019
Yorubas hate igbos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Kapilta(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2019
desmond2pk:
Yorubas hate igbos
give reasons.
Envy, Jealousy, abi no be so?
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Smalldick123(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2019
Kapilta:
Afonja boy if i catch u ............:..

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by gidgiddy: 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
Kapilta:
was it not the igbos that caused it. Are you not responsible for the 'One Nigeria'? Don't you so much love the 'One Nigeria that you even cancelled regional government. Ibos after destroying the new nation now want secede, smh, even after sweating blood to keep us all together forcefully.

Responsible for one Nigeria? How? The British are the ones who created Nigeria, not Igbos.
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Smalldick123(m): 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2019
desmond2pk:
Yorubas hate igbos
That is it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Kapilta(m): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2019
gidgiddy:

Responsible for one Nigeria? How? The British are the ones who created Nigeria, not Igbos.
like the british forced the 'One Nigeria' down on us. Like they didn't accept terms and conditions from the three regions. Was it not your zik that positioned on 'One Nigeria' when everyone could have easily walk away.

British my ass.
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Smalldick123(m): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2019
IGBO AMAKA SHA. Like 4 igbo share 4 afonja

2 Shares

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Kapilta(m): 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2019
Smalldick123:

Afonja boy if i catch u ............:..
my nyam.uri Igbo lost jew inlaw. I no mean to offend you o. Don't be angry o. I'm planning to marry my hairy yam leg broad shoulder nyam.i.ri lost jew fiancee soon. So i don't want trouble with my future in-laws.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Smalldick123(m): 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2019
Kapilta:
my nyam.uri Igbo lost jew inlaw. I no mean to offend you o. Don't be angry o. I'm planning to marry my hairy yam leg broad shoulder nyam.i.ri lost jew fiancee soon. So i don't want trouble with my future in-laws.
Kapilta:
[quote author=Kapilta post=83960252]
If i sight u 4 biafra soil ..................
To god be the glory

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Omoodua007: 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
nijabazaar:

This is the reason why Igbos hate Yoruba....

You are the reason.

Nope you hatred predates civil war

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Omoodua007: 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
kettykin:

Konga has been bought over by zinox for more than a year
Sim shagaya is plateau born and origin too

Well even if true he’s not as big as jumia
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Antivirus92(m): 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2019
leokid866:

Surely you can't be talking about the same U.S thar their president is issuing death threats on Twitter....oga please don't just see your environment but observe and stop talking trash out your mouth.
these funny people sef
and how many people have died from the threats he issued on twitter ?
we are talking about the laws of their land
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by duncun: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by MetaPhysical: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2019
Omoodua007:

Nope you hatred predates civil war

I never thought of it but you are correct.
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Omoodua007: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I never thought of it but you are correct.

Remember after northerners killed igbos
Zik still partnered with them to spite awo cause he sacked him from power

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by leokid866: 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
Antivirus92:
these funny people sef
and how many people have died from the threats he issued on twitter ?
we are talking about the laws of their land

If I'm commander in chief and I'm issuing death threats publicly best believe my people will come find you....if you can't process this i suggest you start reading Script so your eyes may truly be open.
Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Omoodua007: 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
duncun:
Wrong, it has always been Britain's plan to keep nigeria in the hands of the north for compensation.
Each of the subsequent politicians where falling in place for the brits interest

The same way obasanjo,Jonathan couldn't amend the decree being used today.
STOP being a cheap blackmail.

Accept your leaders errors they are not perfect but stop denying it Zik & Ironsi made one Nigeria by force

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by nku5: 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2019
Omoodua007:

It’s nit up to you to tell Yorubas when to go to war
Last I checked Nigeria faced global sanctions and military ended cause of June 12.
The same defeated igbos that were used under ABN were thrown into thrash 1999 and are still struggling for politics till date

Same way zik was busy opposing Awolowo till he kicked out seccesion only for his people to need it

shocked

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by duncun: 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by YorubaPrince: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Omoodua007: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2019
duncun:
I should accept a cheap propaganda from yoruba library at ife that most of you claimed to read from..You most be joking and take everyone one for a fool.

Lool so you think Yorubas made up the fact Azikwe said no to seccesion Loool

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba's & Igbo's Dislike Each Other? by Smalldick123(m): 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2019
YorubaPrince:
grin
Says an afonja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Father Mbaka: Adoration Ministry Has Seen Peace, Love And Under Ugwuanyi / Police Welfare Reward Card (POLCARD) Launched By Arase / FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.