Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,758 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? (53061 Views)

Brabus' World's Most Powerful Twelve-cylinder SUV Is 4½ Times The Price Of G63 / China’s Car Brand, Aiways U5 All Electric SUV Is Set To Debut In Europe / Confirmed: Rolls-royce Cullinan SUV Is Coming With Suicide Doors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by kachiz(m): 9:38am On Nov 13, 2019
kunki90:
Whatever choice you make, do not go for any of the following :

1) Land rover Lr3
2) Acura MDX
3) Pathfinder

Hey bro,

If you could kindly elaborate on your reasons for this, it would be very much appreciated. Especially for the Acura MDX.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by NonFarmPayrol: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2019
Preator:

Its because of d road o. I actually can do 1.8m if i get a good deal but its my first car and i dnt think its judicious to go abnormally high. Na manage level i still dey.

Buy a toks 06 pilot for 1.7

Go for a 2 wd version
Swims the biggest waters in legs
Runs like a beast
And quiet too

Gearbox and engine none above 250k
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by ospreywin(m): 9:53am On Nov 13, 2019
Toyota rav4 is a good choice bro.... Whatever choice you make am here to help you register the vehicle asap.... 08144476474
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Fogman(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2019
NonFarmPayrol:

Price of an 06 undecided

Have you inspected both? 06 could be salvage, while the 03 is clean title. Anyway the state of vehicle determines the price and not model year.
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by NonFarmPayrol: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2019
Fogman:

Have you inspected both? 06 could be salvage, while the 03 is clean title. Anyway the state of vehicle determines the price and not model year.

Lol
My first 06 was clean title
Gave to my bro. No issues
Just oil

Using my 2nd bought same price

Too many over priced cars thanks to sharp car dealers
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Fogman(m): 10:17am On Nov 13, 2019
NonFarmPayrol:

Lol
My first 06 was clean title
Gave to my bro. No issues
Just oil

Using my 2nd bought same price

Too many over priced cars thanks to sharp car dealers

@bolded, that vehicle might has been sold cheap because of obvious reasons

Anyway, no apology for my price and it still remains firm, reason i have rejected 1.6m offers from clients who has inspected it. By this weekend , vehicle will be mark sold.
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by jackie35(m): 10:42am On Nov 13, 2019
Preator:
Please, I need suggestion on a SUV (tokunbo/Nigerian used) that is maintenance friendly. I need it primarily to commute to and from work. My budget is 1.4m.
I have checked out some Honda CRV, Toyota RaV4 and Hyundai's santa fe and ix35 (on Jiji only to get idea) . Its all confusing

I will suggest HIGHLANDER.
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Inception(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2019
mannycrown:

Lucky you! This baby is up for sale for #1.6m
First body
Buy and drive, nothing to repair!!!
Used for just 2.8years, bought toks
A/C / Engine / Trans. top notch
Interior very fresh
Exterior no serious dent
Location PH
Call/WhatsApp 08185881555

You bought it toks in 2016, and it is carrying old plate number?!

make una dey fear God small when una dey lie na angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Tocheagle(m): 11:00am On Nov 13, 2019
Hello @ Preator. Watch this video. You can get a brand new suv for that amount. Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVLwJOW3lUY
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Okikaneseokwu: 11:25am On Nov 13, 2019
dipson4u08:

innoson sef go curse am ....

lol
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by rexscholar: 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
RX300 LEXUS, HIGHLANDER MAY BE EASIER TO MAINTAIN WHEN IT COMES TO SUV
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
RX 300 LEXUS
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Coolgent(m): 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
Preator:
Please, I need suggestion on a SUV (tokunbo/Nigerian used) that is maintenance friendly. I need it primarily to commute to and from work. My budget is 1.4m.
I have checked out some Honda CRV, Toyota RaV4 and Hyundai's santa fe and ix35 (on Jiji only to get idea) . Its all confusing

With the budget of 1.4 pls dont go near any SUV!
Go for tokunbo of any brand of your choice.
One of two things will happen if u buy SUV of 1.4m...
U will either become mechanic or resell the vehicle withing less than 8 months due to it persistent wahala.

1 Like

Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by george31(m): 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
1st hand used Nissan pathfinder v6 2006 model in good condition. Leather seat, fuel economy, four-wheel drive, 7 seats, ac works well. Great offer
reg 2006 Nissan pathfinder.
�bought new from sun motors in 2010
�engine still drops water
�only one user
�leather seats
�sound gear

check it out here: https://www.nairaland.com/5522993/reg-2006-nissan-pathfinder-bought

Call or send WhatsApp message to 08037133612 or 08025646429.
our office is at Shop A1, City of Praise Plaza, Akins B/Stop, Opposite Genesis, Hall, Addo - Badore Road, Lekki Ajah., Lagos State.

Gfx Concepts Enterprises
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Rextizzy: 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2019
TechCapon:
Kuku complete the money N2M and collect 2008 Acura MDX
Clean ride
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Acehart: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
damble:
AND WHAT ARE THE BRANDS CAN YOU SUGGEST FOR SOMEONE? TALKING ABOUT 2ND VALUE, ECONOMY, AVAILABILITY OF PARTS AND MECHANICS... TNX

I use a RX350 and it has amazing movement and handling. If I were to recommend a car “no-holds-barred” - fair road, just enough money in the bank, I would recommend the following:

1. Jaguar XJ8 2007. (Not Vanden Plas)
2. RX350 2006-2010
3. Highlander 2012

These are the cars I have fair knowledge of. I could have put a 2008 RAV4 but I hate the paint work on all Toyota cars - it is terrible; and its suspension isn’t great. Of those three, the XJ is a car you would never like to sell. If you decide to sell, you would almost never get someone to buy it.
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Inception(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
Acehart:

I use a RX350 and it has amazing movement and handling. If I were to recommend a car “no-holds-barred” - fair road, just enough money in the bank, I would recommend the following:

2. RX350 2006-2010
3. Highlander 2012

These are the cars I have fair knowledge of. I could have put a 2008 RAV4 but I hate the paint work on all Toyota cars - it is terrible; and its suspension isn’t great. Of those three, the XJ is a car you would never like to sell. If you decide to sell, you would almost never get someone to buy it.

This confirms the one or all of following:

1. You are not Nigerian
2. You do not live in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by deesquarediddy(m): 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
KINGreignn:

Hey, what of your Benz c class?

@ the economy and quietness?[s] Its not economical than a yota or Honda of same enhine volumetric capacity, Its more noisier, its not faster than a Honda or Toyota of similar engine size[/s], interior rear seating is cramped, front seats aren't comfy for taller folks as the seat back rest isn't tall.
But its fun to drive.

I've owned a QX4 RWD with the 3.5 VQ35DE

You may be right...but you should also state that its cheaper and not overpriced like Toyota. Its stronger and durable than both Toyota and Honda of similar engine. Parts are cheaper than that of Toyota and Honda. This SUV don't get old easily talking about its exterior unlike Honda and Toyota of its range that begins to open like cartons after 5 years. The only edge Toyota and Honda of its range might have over it is fuel economy from experience.
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by KINGreignn: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
deesquarediddy:

You may be right...but you should also state that its cheaper and not overpriced like Toyota. Its stronger and durable than both Toyota and Honda of similar engine. Parts are cheaper than that of Toyota and Honda. This SUV don't get old easily talking about its exterior unlike Honda and Toyota of its range that begins to open like cartons after 5 years. The only edge Toyota and Honda of its range might have over it is fuel economy from experience.

Hahahahha,
What's durable in a Nissan? I've used my current car, a Lexus RX330 for 6 years and still counting.
My former car a 2003 highlander lasted 4years in my hand and I sold it off still neat.
Maybe the cars you look at or folks you know with these Toyota and honda rough handles cars.
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by damble: 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2019
Acehart:

2. RX350 2006-2010
3. Highlander 2012

YEPARIPA! ALMOST NEVER GET SOMEONE TO BUY KE... WHAT DID U MEAN BY THAT SIR? WHAT IS THE CURRENT PRICE OF THE XJ AND HIGHLANDER IN THE MARKET BRO?
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by led(m): 7:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
KINGreignn:

Hahahahha,
What's durable in a Nissan? I've used my current car, a Lexus RX330 for 6 years and still counting.
My former car a 2003 highlander lasted 4years in my hand and I sold it off still neat.
Maybe the cars you look at or folks you know with these Toyota and honda rough handles cars.

I wanna buy that your silver rx330 for 1.4m
Deal ?
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by GreatManBee: 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
anything 05 upwards is a death sentence o... Don't try it... Reliability went down the drain from 05 grin mine is the 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE with black leather seats. Bought mine from a guy from this forum. Twas his personal car and a year and half down the line, I've never had headache... We've done a lot of interstate and in city driving... In February, I did Benin-Abuja-Benin same day. Left at 6am, got back at 10pm and car was asking for more next day.... Forget talk... That car na car. Only thing I hate is accessing the plugs for change but I've learnt to do it myself.
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by AshipaEk0: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
what toyo fan boys won't tell you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8RUG1N32MA
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Acehart: 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
damble:
YEPARIPA! ALMOST NEVER GET SOMEONE TO BUY KE... WHAT DID U MEAN BY THAT SIR? WHAT IS THE CURRENT PRICE OF THE XJ AND HIGHLANDER IN THE MARKET BRO?

Nigerians are afraid of anything that doesn’t sound like Honda or Toyota; that’s why I said you would almost never find anyone that will buy it. Jiji.g will give you an idea of the prevailing prices of those cars. The highlander 2012 is more expensive, of course. The internet has made it easy to get cars and their parts and the fear Nigerians have for other car models are unfounded, sometimes. We don’t research or try new things; therefore, we are stuck. Why would someone buy a Toyota Corolla (used for Taxify) when it is an easy prey for thieves? The bias for its fuel economy against comfort, longevity and overall driving experience is baffling.

Good night brother

1 Like

Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by damble: 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
Acehart:

Nigerians are afraid of anything that doesn’t sound like Honda or Toyota; that’s why I said you would almost never find anyone that will buy it. Jiji.g will give you an idea of the prevailing prices of those cars. The highlander 2012 is more expensive, of course. The internet has made it easy to get cars and their parts and the fear Nigerians have for other car models are unfounded, sometimes. We don’t research or try new things, therefore, we are stuck. Why would someone buy a Toyota Corolla (used for Taxify) when it is an easy prey for thieves? The bias for its fuel economy against comfort, longevity and overall driving experience is baffling.

Good night brother
YOU MUST BE A CAR FREAK BRO!
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by KINGreignn: 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
led:

I wanna buy that your silver rx330 for 1.4m
Deal ?

Deal, bring the money 1.4m take the shocks only.
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by komodapson(m): 3:01am On Nov 14, 2019
ednut1:
Just buy a 2004 corrola or big daddy. No go buy problem
Surely, if he went ahead with that meagre amount... He must surely %99.9 buy problem
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Inception(m): 11:23am On Nov 14, 2019
KINGreignn:

Deal, bring the money 1.4m take the shocks only.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by ezehisaac(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
Highlander all the way
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by KINGreignn: 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
AshipaEk0:
[s]what toyo fan boys won't tell you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8RUG1N32MA[/s]

Irrelevant point from you.

That US sales of LC is declining doesn't mean GCC, Aussie and African sales will or is declining. Also, its well stated that if you wanna go offroading, get a Range Rover or land rover or G wagon or anything, but if you wanna go offroading and come back in one piece get an LC.
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by EasternPrince: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
BlueAir:
More reasons why I hate going to hood mexhanics.

My new follower! That 18-Seater company bus you drive can be repaired anywhere

grin grin grin
grin grin
grin
Re: Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? by Raysleek: 9:29am On Nov 15, 2019
mannycrown:

Lucky you! This baby is up for sale for #1.6m
First body
Buy and drive, nothing to repair!!!
Used for just 2.8years, bought toks
A/C / Engine / Trans. top notch
Interior very fresh
Exterior no serious dent
Location PH
Call/WhatsApp 08185881555

How much be tokumbo?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ghastly Motor Accident In Makurdi. (Graphic pics) / Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? / Old 1966 Volkswagen Beetle Transformed By Nigerian Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.