Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,712 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

This Is Something We Are All Guilty Of…. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Something We Are All Guilty Of…. (151 Views)

UNICAL Panel Finds Prof. Cyril Ndifon Guilty Of Sexual Harassment, Extortion / Wrongly Pronounced Words Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of / As Minors, What Happens To The Students Who Tortured Sylvester If Found Guilty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is Something We Are All Guilty Of…. by starryadmin: 11:49am On Nov 12, 2019
Few days ago I was at my neighbor’s house to talk to her about a business we planned to run together. She was very busy but I knew there was no other time to have the discussion.

I also noticed her son was trying to talk to her a couple of times but she was shunning and shouting at him to leave her alone.

After our little discussion I advised her not to always shun her son because it’s going to affect him on the long run. She felt like I was just exaggerating…

Then I told her the story of my niece who was sent back to Nigeria for slapping her teacher and a student
(don’t be surprise some children do crazy things outside Nigeria o).

After that incident we took her for counseling and during the process of the counseling we discovered she didn’t get attention from her mom from a younger age and her father was late so she decided to do things on her own and become uncontrollable since there was nobody she could express her thoughts with or ask questions.

If you are always brushing your child off he/she will soon start thinking there’s no point in asking mummy and daddy for advice because they will always be busy

When children don’t have enough support in their childhood they will find it difficult to open to you about their thoughts and emotions when they grow older.

I know as parents we joggle with a lot of things like work and home activities

If we are so busy to listen to them at that point we can use words like
‘’Please give me a minute to finish up’’ instead of ‘’ leave me alone’’

I’m guilty of this too but I’m learning to do better every day.

I’m happy to say my niece is now a better teenager and she is gradually beginning to open up to her mom.

P S: Have you seen the WAEC tutorial video that can make your child pass all 9 papers at one sitting without having to worry or pay for extra lesson. And the WAEC tutorial video is inclusive of questions and answer to make learning easier for your child

Call Starry Gold Academy on 08074460975, 08085378906, 07086810335, 07038174484, 08023428420, 08123189141, 09076786154

Starry Gold Academy, the platform for a GUARANTEED Academic Excellence.

(1) (Reply)

Training On Public Procurement, Supply Chain And Contract Management / Help Needed / Students Call For The Conduct Of Another SUG Election In Ado Poly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.