Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:05 AM

Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment (818 Views)

US Police Shoot 18ft Pet Snake As It Strangled Its Owner To Death (Pics) / I Met This Unique Family That Keeps Pythons As Pets. / Indian Keeps Lion At Lagos Residential Building (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment by massmediang: 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2019
Dad keeps 18ft python in his three-bedroom apartment where he lives with wife and two sons
Anyone going round for a cuppa at this semi-detached house in Gloucester had better not have a fear of snakes.

Marcus Hobbs, 31, lives there with his two young sons and partner Amy – as well as their 18ft Burmese python called Hexxie. The animal is usually curled up in the living room, aside from when it’s feeding time and she eats rabbits, stillborn deer, calves, goats and pigs supplied by local farmers.

IT worker Marcus bought Hexxie from a pet shop eight years ago when she was just eight inches long. Since then, she has grown to weigh 17 stone and needs several people to lift her. She could squeeze a human to death, but Marcus is confident she will never strike – although he doesn’t handle her when the his sons, aged four and one, are nearby. Marcus Hobbs with partner Amy Leach, sons Benjamin and Joseph.
He believes she could even be a record holder for the world’s longest Burmese python. The largest ever measured was 18.8ft, but Marcus says last time he checked Hexxie was already 18ft, and since then she has grown. He’s reluctant to anaesthetise her for the official measurement until she’s stopped growing.

Marcus, of Tewkesbury, said: ‘I think people are so scared of them because they think they are going to kill them but if people come around I can talk to them all day long about snakes to reassure them.

‘[But] I would not get her out with the boys around. I would only do it while they were in bed or another room.

‘I don’t think she’d be dangerous towards them but you have to use your common sense and I’m a responsible pet owner.’
See details here;
https://wakkinews.com/2019/11/12/dad-keeps-18ft-python-in-his-three-bedroom-apartment-where-he-lives-with-wife-and-two-sons/

Re: Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment by DaInferno(m): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
one man's toy is another man's food grin

2 Likes

Re: Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment by ignitewatch(m): 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment by godofuck231: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
A day shall come the pet shall become the predator , wait till then , never try to tamper with nature it's gods way of balance of creativity in life
Re: Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment by Heylius(m): 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2019
Make bush meat no catch hunter one day oh
Re: Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment by johnnyn1(m): 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2019
This is Lalasticlala biggest dream smiley wink cheesy
Re: Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment by Doglove91: 3:32am On Nov 15, 2019
Lemme book space because I know this must surely hit fp
Re: Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 15, 2019
This python can comfortably swallow one of dem kids. Very dangerous pet
Re: Dad Keeps 18ft Python In His Three-bedroom Apartment by obaayo2: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
Mo ya look away!

(1) (Reply)

My Male Caucasian Shepherd. / Adolescent Fertile Female Gsd For Sale In Abuja / Jekko ( Boerboel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.