Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,524 members, 7,801,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV (15299 Views)

I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! / Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by edoairways: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
Depressed101:
i think they need more competition.. They are milking the people dry... Whatever happened TSTV the so called first NIGEIRAN owned tv provider
Tstv didn't succeed because it was over hype couple with the fact that it's competitor frustrated their effort. Multichoice still dominate the pay tv market because of some rights to air certain programs. The solution is halt multichoice from airing certain programs similar way mtn was.

1 Like

Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
lovemko:

bros this part I bold carry too much lie or do I say it's a mix up cos a new dstv got the HDMI out of box not gotv

For the main issue, A gotv decoder is design to receive signal of a certain resolution and data speed. Dstv is HD 720p while Gotv is SD 420p and most times less (240p)

so your Gotv with attached HDMI will never have the same feel and appeal of the dstv picture resolution cos you're only making the 420p resolution sharper not improved!

A dstv with AV - cord will still produce 720p but a bit dull to the face so basically your Tv connection adds little or no say on picture quality

if you wonder why can't they just make Gotv 720p ie HD
well the answer is simple, your antenna will be too tiny to encode the frequency being sent to the decoder so it's going to experience loads or picture glitches or cracking...
or I'll simply put that the quality of the channel stream was reduce so that the antenna will be able to recieve the sent signal, frequency from the transmission base...
(Mehn! all these grammar even me don confuse cheesy)
ever wondered why super sports 3 etc are not on gotv or are renamed super sport select 1,2,3,4,5?

well these are all lower resolution Supersport channels

but dstv and gotv share similar channels and these channels basically have same resolution like
Am epic etc
but Gotv will never have AM urban or AM showcase...
i did not want to comment on this issue before,but your post made me change my mind! You are absolutely wrong bro.
Go and google search dtd/dvb technology,that is what most advanced countries are using now,us,uk,france.. And that is what gotv is using,gotv can coveniently use even 4k,but you know multichoice are stingy people,even till now,their decoders dont have internet capability(they can do it,but they wont!)..
Dtd/dvb uses 4k and even have more tech than satellite base,just research more on the internet, i use both dstv and gotv,and both have the same clean and crisp pics,some dont know how to do picture settings in their remote,they now end up blaming gotv,my tv is sony with 1080i,and my gotv use it well.

2 Likes

Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by seankafor(m): 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
aro1:
i did not want to comment on this issue before,but your post made me change my mind! You are absolutely wrong bro.
Go and google search dtd/dvb technology,that is what most advanced countries are using now,us,uk,france.. And that is what gotv is using,gotv can coveniently use even 4k,but you know multichoice are stingy people,even till now,their decoders dont have internet capability(they can do it,but they wont!)..
Dtd/dvb uses 4k and even have more tech than satellite base,just research more on the internet, i use both dstv and gotv,and both have the same clean and crisp pics,some dont know how to do picture settings in their remote,they now end up blaming gotv,my tv is sony with 1080i,and my gotv use it well.
do u mind teaching us please?
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by lovemko(m): 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
aro1:

so am wrong because gotv Nigeria decided to reduce the picture resolution to 420p or dstv to 720p?
yet you say they are stingy in using the tech? I don't get where exactly the negative address is coming from. if truly you use dstv, you'll realize that some channels have the HD attached by its side... so your signal isn't 100 percent strength it won't work...! so how am I wrong sir? now am so bothered you decided to respond to the thread only to say the same tin I said but claim am wrong? no make me vex oh
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Seuntek(m): 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
I already made up my mind to install my DSTV by this Saturday... I will give u guys feedback. Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
lovemko:

so am wrong because gotv Nigeria decided to reduce the picture resolution to 420p or dstv to 720p?
yet you say they are stingy in using the tech? I don't get where exactly the negative address is coming from. if truly you use dstv, you'll realize that some channels have the HD attached by its side... so your signal isn't 100 percent strength it won't work...! so how am I wrong sir? now am so bothered you decided to respond to the thread only to say the same tin I said but claim am wrong? no make me vex oh
you said gotv terestrial strength cant receive picture format above 480p,only the satellite dish can! Read my post well na,dvb technology is being used on terestial in developd nations,and its even in 4k,bro,gotv can use any picture format,dont devalue it by saying because its antenna,it cant..
Multichoice is only stingy
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by edoairways: 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2019
Seuntek:
I already made up my mind to install my DSTV by this Saturday... I will give u guys feedback. Thanks for your contributions.
Dstv is better
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by hakym619(m): 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
edoairways:
Itel series
hahaaaaaa.
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by cbrezy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
Trendy247:
Dstv - 9 Gotv - 5 Startime - 2.5

DSTV na baba
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by hismond(m): 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
No update. I'm in your shoes too I upgraded my TV & the display of my old gotv on it looks so terrible especially when watching football. My own decoder doesn't have the hdmi. I want to know if switching to Dstv is worth it or just getting the gotv with hdmi
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
hismond:
No update. I'm in your shoes too I upgraded my TV & the display of my old gotv on it looks so terrible especially when watching football. My own decoder doesn't have the hdmi. I want to know if switching to Dstv is worth it or just getting the gotv with hdmi

Bruv I got gotv with hdmi available.case u need
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by awoo47: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2019
maynia:

Is HDMI not just a cord you connect from the decoder to the TV?
vga is analogue form of transmission hence the signal degrades as bandwith(resolution) increases.
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by awoo47: 4:25pm On Dec 25, 2019
Trendy247:
Gotv = Samsung A-series phones
Dstv = Samsung S-series phones
Startimes = iTel phones
tongue
stfu angry
startimes(sattelite) has hd channels and very clear
dis useless gotv wey i buy looks like 360p and I'm using it on 40" tv

i hate my tv nw cry
stop misleading ppl

3 Likes

Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Trendy247: 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2019
awoo47:
stfu angry

i hate my tv nw cry
stop misleading ppl
Fool.. Instead of you to return the China Gotv decoder u bought, you're here talking rubbish
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by awoo47: 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
Trendy247:

Fool.. Instead of you to return the China Gotv decoder u bought, you're here talking rubbish
baba abeg epp me wots d solution? i bought it 7k. d decoder small die looks like power bank. Is dere a better one?
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Trendy247: 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
awoo47:
baba abeg epp me wots d solution? i bought it 7k. d decoder small die looks like power bank. Is dere a better one?
Don't know about the small one. This is the one I have and the quality is good.. You can check your hdmi output settings

Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by awoo47: 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
Trendy247:

Don't know about the small one. This is the one I have and the quality is good.. You can check your hdmi output settings
mine is different. when did u buy it. The seller told me there is none with hdmi, cos na dat useless red yellow white cable i use sef.

Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Trendy247: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
awoo47:
mine is different. when did u buy it. The seller told me there is none with hdmi, cos na dat useless red yellow white cable i use sef.
Bought it during the last world cup. It's still on sale on jumia and other outlets
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by rukenny: 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
Depressed101:
how do they manage to maintain monopoly

a very good question
obviously, our govt knows best
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by realsammie(m): 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2019
OKOATA:
I so much hate gotv, rain fall he no fall it will just be scratching anyhow.

Not sure if your Antenna connection is ok. I also use Gotv and it's always clear even during heavy rain
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by jammani(m): 10:19am On Jan 14, 2020
I dont know why you people talk down on Startimes when they run on HD too. For you information, I use Startimes Dish and have a DSTV too and I can be boostful of saying Startimes is HD too with crisp and very powerful image delivery. BTW. I use HDMI cable.

Many of you have dumped Startimes for a long period of time and there again , still come and relate expert judgement on what you have not used for years...... Startimes improvement is massive and the only laidback they have is not showing EPL and Champions league. Aside that, DSTV is arguably over rated and unarguably expensive

4 Likes

Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by jammani(m): 10:21am On Jan 14, 2020
I dont know why you people talk down on Startimes when they run on HD too. For you information, I use Startimes Dish and have a DSTV too and I cant be boostful of saying Startimes is Hd too with crisp and very powerful image quality with HDMI cable.

Many of you have dump Startimes for a long period of time and there again , still come and relate expert judgement on what you have not used for years...... Startimes improvement is massive and the only laidback they have is showing EPL and Champions league. Aside that, DSTV is arguably over rated and unarguably expensive

Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Mozzyb1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
Trendy247:
Gotv = Samsung A-series phones
Dstv = Samsung S-series phones
Startimes = iTel phones
tongue
Hahaha � � � �! U said it all. Dstv is direct from the satellite, u av exact picture quality, while Gotv is retransmit from satellite. In the process, picture quality re compromised. Just like sending a pic thru WhatsApp, u ll lose some quality of your pics
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
Mozzyb1:

Hahaha � � � �! U said it all. Dstv is direct from the satellite, u av exact picture quality, while Gotv is retransmit from satellite. In the process, picture quality re compromised. Just like sending a pic thru WhatsApp, u ll lose some quality of your pics
WRONG!
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
Trendy247:

i think this type of gotv decoder is better than the new smaller one
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Naijaarchive(m): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
More like Android and Android Go

Dstv picture quality is HD while Gotv is SD though some channels are below that...

Startimes enh... Na LD
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Oxtertee(m): 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
Seuntek:
thanks. My GoTv has HDMI, it is the new model. I'm using the HDMI cord as well with my Tv.
Can you upload the pix on the new gotv decoder

1 Like

Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
awoo47:
Isn't this the hyped new decoder with HDMI cable and port at the back of the decoder and I hope this new decoder doesn't boot like that their pentium 3 old decoder?
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by fineboynl(m): 9:30am On Apr 03, 2020
Thebwoy:

DStv na dish
While Gotv ba antenna

Strong decoder will give you same quality as DStv.

U can get beta channels on strong but na better installer/hacker and money e go cost ya.
how much to buy and install strong. strong has those useless channels
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by fineboynl(m): 9:35am On Apr 03, 2020
hismond:
what TV brand? is it Royal 40inch? did you finally settled for dstv? please update me.
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by fineboynl(m): 9:35am On Apr 03, 2020
Seuntek:
what TV brand? is it Royal 40inch? did you finally settled for dstv? please update me.
Re: Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV by fineboynl(m): 9:37am On Apr 03, 2020
awoo47:
stfu angry

i hate my tv nw cry
stop misleading ppl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa Iv Unveils Without Shower Hour, Now People Will Sleep At Nigh / Bella Evicted From The Big Brother House / The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.