Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy (53967 Views)

12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths / The Formula For Finding Simple Interest Is Not PRT/100. / Kaduna Teachers’ Competency Test: The Untold Story (2) (3) (4)

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by jaeyking(m): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
ola33t:

It's not really a formula, it's more of a conjecture, just like Collatz conjecture. It's more befitting calling it the Chika conjecture. That sounds more proper and would also give his work more popularity. Congrats to Chika.
To give more popularity and value to Chika's discovery, a competition could be put out to professionals all over the world, with a reward for anyone who could find any integer which doesn't follow the conjecture.

Having discovered different conjectures personally in the past, I can say Mathematics is the language of the universe.
All things in life are based on mathematical scales and ratios. The shape of flowers, sizes, radius, scale and ratio of the body parts etc

The Golden ratio, Fibonacci numbers are all cool mathematical discoveries that anyone can measure out and confirm the authenticity on their bodies with the use of a ruler or measuring tape.

seriously I personally looked for easy ways back in secondary school.
i called them my wayo method.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Willybos(m): 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
sotall:

My brain crashed severally while trying to read this thing you wrote
And you are a teacher undecided undecided
Hahahhahaj!!! Very funny you!

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by HBB1(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2019
starbuck:
Op, we never understood the formulas itself and instead of breaking it down for us, you are compounding it for us with your English undecided undecided

That English na die! cheesy

I don get headache sef

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Sheggun1: 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
YorubaPrince:
Not new... I also discovered a formula at age 7. angry

Anything multiplied by 11.... See below.

Example.... 43*11 = 4[4+3]3 = 473; 24*11 = 2[2+4]4 = 264.

Any question? angry

433*11
add zero before and after 433
start adding from the back
0+3=3
3+3=6
4+3=7
4+0=4
therefore the answer is
math is fun

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by odigbosky(m): 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
darfay:

More like Britain amaka..... Please y'all better stop with this tribal shit, this is not a tribal or communal glory, it's an individual and national glory for Britain. Fix your life so you don't come here to brag about others in the name of this amaka or omo Yoruba that

You're just being bitter. Have you fixed your own life. I am neither Igbo nor Yoruba. As a Nairalander here, this is just a word we use here to make ourselves happy but if you come here with the frustration Buhari has heaped on you, that's your headache.

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Obdk: 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2019
YorubaPrince:
Not new... I also discovered a formula at age 7. angry

Anything multiplied by 11.... See below.

Example.... 43*11 = 4[4+3]3 = 473; 24*11 = 2[2+4]4 = 264.

Any question? angry
According to ur formula
99*11 9(9+9)9.......... = 9189

Baba abeg work 99 * 11

I kno say d answer na 1089.but
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
Obdk:

According to ur formula

Baba abeg work 99 * 11

While adding the two numbers in the bracket, you have to execute it at unit level.
Therefore,if the result is above 10 ,you write the unit value and carry over the tens value.
In your example 99*11
9(9+9)9; 9+9=18, therefore we write 8 and carry over the 1 and add it to the 9 in front to give 10.
Therefore the answer is 1089 grin
Maths is fun cool

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by damoobaba: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
gulfer:
He tried, I think these numbers were specially selected. Oya, let him divide 123 by 7 na

Guy,get sense nah. If you don't know the meaning of rule for divisibility, why don't U just sit and learn instead of continuing this tradition that has not added any value to ur lineage. Your children should not inherit this hatred from you.
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by YorubaPrince: 9:33am On Nov 14, 2019
Obdk:

According to ur formula

Baba abeg work 99 * 11

99*11 = 9[9+9]9 = 9[18]9.... Remember, there can ONLY be a single digit in the parenthesis
So...= 9+1[8]9 = 10[8]9... taking out the parenthesis...

1089 cool
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Bryan88(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
BIGPREEQ:

grin grin No na you I go drill
Nonsense..
this yhur name sha...shows yhu are d nonsense person here grin
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by princewill48: 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
How do the send these kind of things for award recognition. I know someone who has been doing that for like two years now
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
darfay:

More like Britain amaka..... Please y'all better stop with this tribal shit, this is not a tribal or communal glory, it's an individual and national glory for Britain. Fix your life so you don't come here to brag about others in the name of this amaka or omo Yoruba that

I totally disagree with you. Igbos have 100% mind to praise their own. I'm Igbo but your comment is disgusting. You Nigerians are stupid and stupid from birth.

Whenever an IGBO man is caught with drugs or kidnapping, I will see 1000 comments from non Igbos stereotyping Igbos as bad eggs. But if one Emeka win an award, y'all will say "...Igbos stop this tribal shit, this is not tribal glory..."

Y'all are idiots from birth sincerely. Idiots
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
ola33t:

It's not really a formula, it's more of a conjecture, just like Collatz conjecture. It's more befitting calling it the Chika conjecture. That sounds more proper and would also give his work more popularity. Congrats to Chika.
To give more popularity and value to Chika's discovery, a competition could be put out to professionals all over the world, with a reward for anyone who could find any integer which doesn't follow the conjecture.

Having discovered different conjectures personally in the past, I can say Mathematics is the language of the universe.
All things in life are based on mathematical scales and ratios. The shape of flowers, sizes, radius, scale and ratio of the body parts etc

The Golden ratio, Fibonacci numbers are all cool mathematical discoveries that anyone can measure out and confirm the authenticity on their bodies with the use of a ruler or measuring tape.
It is not a conjecture(pretty easy to prove) and definetly can't be compared to the Collatz problem. Its a fun pattern though.

Let N be a non-negative integer. Let y be the last digit of N and x be the number formed by removing y from N e.g If N is 539, y is 9 and x is 53.

Note that N = 10x+y

To prove Chika's test we have to prove N is divisible by 7 if and only if x+5y is divisible by 7.
The proof is simple and only requires basic algebra. I can type it here if you are interested.

Also, there are actually an infinite number of tests you can form just like Chika's test. The 5 used in his test can be replaced with other numbers.
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
Must all threads involving a Nigerian making an achievement devolve into some tribal shit chaiiangry

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Baddowski(m): 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
It's not useful

Laptop Fee In UNN Causes Hardship Among Students (photos) / 7-Year-Old Son Demands Iphone From His Father, And His Father Demands This. / Unizik 2012/2013 Post Utme & Admission Update.