Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? (30569 Views)

Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? / ASUU STRIKE: A Door Locked And Has Been Tried By Many Keys- Comr. Agubuche Chile / WAEC GCE APPLICATION PORTAL FOR 2018/2019 REGISTRATION IS OPENED - 09082964145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by fellom(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2019
Firstly, a loud bang(ing) Noise that come with vibration
Seconly, a heavy wind towards the door or it frame
Lastly, The use of a heavy EQUIPMENT around the area that affects the pillar or even the foundation could be part of the factors that Causes such vibration!
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by Muheewa25(m): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2019
Thehumanlloydl:
Resonance?
very correct Resonance.
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by emerged01(m): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2019
I think you can only feel the vibration of other door when you close one door because of closed windows. If windows are open,there won’t be vibration.
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by emmy9500: 11:32am On Nov 13, 2019
kenny714433:
You should watch The Nun or Devil's doll or walking dead to know what it means for doors to creek open or reverberate on its own.

Let me share you my experiences also. On a cold November evening, last week. The cloud kissed the silver linings of the skies and I knew rain is inevitable.

I flushed the window, bolted my doors and romanced my pillow. Boom! The door banged opened. I was so curious to know what had happened when the window slide slowly....

I rushed outside to catch a glimpse of the idiot playing hide and seek with me when my door banged, it had locked from within.

I shouted under the rain but help wasn't in sight, my phone signaled that it's running low on power, everywhere was dead dark and lo! There came the mid night fishers of souls.
Only their luminous white large eyeballs were visible to a living being.

You should go for short story contest
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by tonyscorp(m): 11:40am On Nov 13, 2019
If the door lintels and chained (linked), anytime you close a door, the vibration translates to the next door via the interconnecting rods.

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by Iyango: 11:42am On Nov 13, 2019
masterpix:
pressure can only be used in fluid u can do better sir love ur

Haba, air is a fluid nahhhh. In fact a compressible fluid and by far one of the most researched and known fluids
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by BrainSanitizer: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2019
UrVillagePpl:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Please I want to ask a question, What is the synergy between doors that make the door shake or open (if properly not close). This happens whenever a door is shut or open and as a result, the other doors tend to make a sound (even though they are farther apart). Asking Google would have been a good option but don’t even know the question to ask.

A minor who happens to be my nephew keeps asking me this question and considering the fact that I do not know I always tell him it’s a normal thing and immediately send him away grin grin lipsrsealed
Just a moment ago, I gave him the same reply when he asked me the question. But this time around it increased my curiosity of wanting to know the science behind it.

So Nairalanders over to you....
Mechanical resonance.
Closing a door sets the air into vibration.
The vibration travels as a wave with a certain frequency.
As the wavefront reaches the other door (which is not properly shut and a lil' free to move), it is set into vibration.
The natural frequency of vibration (of the door door) coincides with the vibrating frequency of the incoming wave.
Same thing is noticed when windows rattle as a result of a plane flying not too high above a house.
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by jospepper(m): 11:49am On Nov 13, 2019
Philipmems:
LoL, its air pressure around the room. In most cases if your window is closed and you push open or close a door, the change in pressure will cause another door or window to react.
Bros your head dey there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by bmdmix: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2019
only in pako houses
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by MoIbrahim: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2019
Philipmems:
LoL, its air pressure around the room. In most cases if your window is closed and you push open or close a door, the change in pressure will cause another door or window to react.

This is just it! The same reason why curtains and window blinds that are mere fabrics also shake.
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by cyberczar: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2019
Muheewa25:
very correct Resonance.

A few persons have already explained it. It's resonance. The two doors have the same natural frequency so when one is moved, the other is agitated.

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by uuzba(m): 11:52am On Nov 13, 2019
masterpix:
pressure can only be used in fluid u can do better sir love ur
The answer is air pressure
Did you not do a single bit of science at all?
Air cannot have pressure again or what are you saying?
-
The key here is that everything happens fast and there is little time for outside air to flow into the room. So it is the room air that moves and sucks in any other closed door/s in that room.
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by uuzba(m): 11:52am On Nov 13, 2019
cyberczar:

A few persons have already explained it. It's resonance. The two doors have the same natural frequency so when one is moved, the other is agitated.
Wrong.
It is air flow and pressure.
Go and read.
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:53am On Nov 13, 2019
UrVillagePpl:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Please I want to ask a question, What is the synergy between doors that make the door shake or open (if properly not close). This happens whenever a door is shut or open and as a result, the other doors tend to make a sound (even though they are farther apart). Asking Google would have been a good option but don’t even know the question to ask.

A minor who happens to be my nephew keeps asking me this question and considering the fact that I do not know I always tell him it’s a normal thing and immediately send him away grin grin lipsrsealed
Just a moment ago, I gave him the same reply when he asked me the question. But this time around it increased my curiosity of wanting to know the science behind it.

So Nairalanders over to you....

Air tightening.

When the amount of air in the room is more or less and you tried to close or open the door, since air is mobile, it will flow with the swinging door leaf therefore causing movement to any flex opening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by uuzba(m): 11:54am On Nov 13, 2019
bmdmix:
only in pako houses
That is another reason
The OP isn't specific on the exact type of house.
Most times though, it is air pressure fluctuations that makes the closed doors to move.
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by Ibrahim79mantu: 11:55am On Nov 13, 2019
Its called Resonance .When you excite the natural frequency of a body , it will vibrate
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by afrodoc2: 11:59am On Nov 13, 2019
seanwilliam:
It is called photosynthesis

Issakaba!
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by Hoodbilonia: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
Only in naija
Not abroad
If na abroad,na either serial killer dey after u once door don dey carry open anyhow
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by Blakjewelry(m): 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Vibration of the walls by the force generated when the door hits the frame. It could safely be called resonance.
not only resonance but wind pressure in the house changes when a door is open or closes, if you are sensitive enough you can feel in it your eardrum especially if you are in a car
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by Wittymalley(m): 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
It can be as a result of movement of breeze caused by convection.

Convection is the movement of warm air from the room to a cooler region.
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by amaks: 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Vibration of the walls by the force generated when the door hits the frame. It could safely be called resonance.

Vibration of the wall or vibration of the air in the room?
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by stasius: 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
Philipmems:

You are a scientist!
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by Stillthebest: 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
kiss

Simply put.

Most times, these happen when the pressure applied is high.

Windows and doors are placed immediately under the lintel level of buildings. Lintel is the only bridge that connects the whole building together and thus connected to the wooden framing or the roofing, windows and doors. Once u shut one door or a wooden window door is flapped, u are directly connecting the whole connectivities of the building and applying the same pressure to all of them.

This leads to vibrations and shaking. They are all at equilibrium.
*Abi do you want to ask Chichi nd Ade why they both shiver when they both shake and vibrate when they cum at the same time?
This is the case!
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by MoIbrahim: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
cyberczar:

Which kind resonance? E no reach there o
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by Twinmama(f): 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
fulaniHERDSman:
Na ghosts

I was actually waiting for this Nigerian answer GHOST �
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by saintneo(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hhenryy:
Opening and closing of doors alters the balance in the air pressure within an enclosed space. Thus the force created can make other doors in the enclosure or other things that are not properly fitted in the same enclosure to vibrate, move or even fall off depending on the magnitude of the net-force generated.
awesome
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by officialfestus(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by davillian(m): 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
Its only house that are built by quarks
Closing a well installed door doesn't need force...
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by filleSouriante(f): 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
It is called RESONANCE. it is a phenomenon that makes a vibrating body to set another body in motion even without any physical contact
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by SeyiAyorinde(m): 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
Resonance
Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by Omolarasheyi(f): 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
I'm curious

For your professional courses
Visit Netmetric Indian Information technology
Live Router and Switch
Call 07031041441

Re: What Makes A Door Shake When Another Is Opened Or Closed? by Jasonblu: 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
TheGiftedOne:

exactly!

firmness of the frames and type of frames are also major players.
ompactnesssome frames actually absorb sound and reduce vibration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNILAG Law Student Makes Ankara Ties / A Student Of University Of Ibadan Died While Watching Barca Match / Burial Poster Of ABSU Nursing Student Who Got Drowned (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.