Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

I Want To Sue My Bank For Forcing A Loss On My Business. (Pics) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Sue My Bank For Forcing A Loss On My Business. (Pics) (629 Views)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. / Do You Want To Start Agro Commodity Business? PICS / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Sue My Bank For Forcing A Loss On My Business. (Pics) by midashenry(m): 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ok it all began in the month of September when the CBN passed the policy to charge N50 stamp duty on every transactions carried out on a POS machine. So like everyone else l read it on the internet. Not knowing if it was just mere speculation or if it was real, I patiently waited for my bank to notify me of the update, as I use the POS machine for my business, I waited for this notification before actually taking this N50 stamp duty charge from my own customers as I didn't want to exploit my customers by charging them for some thing I read off the internet, which I am not sure of it's authenticity or if my bank has implemented it.

So fast forward to 7th Nov almost 2 months of not receiving any form of information or update from my bank in regards to the stamp duty.
I began to receive debit alerts from my bank for stamp duty, during this period I received over 50 debit alerts for stamp duty. Debits ranging from N500 to N2000 per debit alert. By the end of that day I had received a debit alert of over N50k (50 thousand naira) from my bank, I rushed to the bank to complain but the best the could tell me was that it wasn't there Branch's fault that notifications and debits come from the head office. But the reluctantly agreed to Lodge a complaint for me but telling me that the don't know how far that will go.

Then today I went to the bank to know what the response on the complaint was but I was told that there was no reply from head office on my complaint lodged on 7th Nov 2019 and today is 12th Nov 2019.
How grossly the bank neglects it's customer.

So please I want to take legal action against the bank, because I cannot bear the loss for there negligence and incompetence at passing information at the appropriate time, informing there customers before taking a dime from the customer's Account.

I know the stamp duty charge is legal but there was no proper information before the began to execute it, and it was not executed over time on a day to day bases instead a whopping 50 thousand naira was deducted from my account within a couple of hours (less than 3hrs to be precise).

So please lawyers in the house advise me on how to go about this.

* Mods please help me push this to fp I need people's thoughts on this.

Re: I Want To Sue My Bank For Forcing A Loss On My Business. (Pics) by majamajic(m): 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2019
on terms and conditions of opening account in Nigeria banks , they normally put that there might be changes without notifications , that's it

better start charging your costumers , u can't win this case
Re: I Want To Sue My Bank For Forcing A Loss On My Business. (Pics) by midashenry(m): 7:42am On Nov 13, 2019
majamajic:
on terms and conditions of opening account in Nigeria banks , they normally put that there might be changes without notifications , that's it

better start charging your costumers , u can't win this case
So in other words you are telling me to swallow the loss caused to my business due to there negligence?
Re: I Want To Sue My Bank For Forcing A Loss On My Business. (Pics) by majamajic(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2019
midashenry:

So in other words you are telling me to swallow the loss caused to my business due to there negligence?

ever since am buying fuel since last 2 months or so , they have been collecting 50naira if I use POS , but where I go eat yesterday , the woman don't add 50 naira , maybe she is overlooking it to please customers or not aware , so it's up to u , either u start charging them or over look it , for the past ones , better u forget it ,
Re: I Want To Sue My Bank For Forcing A Loss On My Business. (Pics) by ekehopp: 8:36am On Nov 20, 2019
fgb

(1) (Reply)

If You Need Loan To Start Your Business Come Here / 1k Per Day / Architectural 3D Floor Plan Rendering Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.