Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice (11701 Views)

Bouncer Laments After His Car Was Disfigured By Boys He Bounced In Edo (Video) / Which Car Was Your First Car? / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by horserace: 8:06am On Nov 16, 2019
Your VIN number must have been sold by some clearing agent,one of my client is having the same issue,he even bought the car from US but when he wanted to register his car they told him that his car has been register before.What you need is to go to Alausa for enquiry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by wiseworld: 8:16am On Nov 16, 2019
[quote author=LOGOBELT post=84069442]This car again? Was this not the same car report here for stolen Brain Box?

I wonder oo
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Olvic: 8:20am On Nov 16, 2019
Do a fresh registration with the chassis number on the car, if the chassis number is previously registered on a number place autoreg will flag it and it won't fly, at that point pls RUN to report at the very nearest police station because that would suggest its stolen and reporting the development will be your only way out of the loop but if Autoreg accepts the chassis number on the car on a new number plate then apply for CMR as all reported stolen vehicles has their chassis number registered on it, if the CMR is approved that means you are good to go. Then request the car seller to make a new sales agreement quoting both the chassis number and the engine number on the car.

You should go and do a VERY BIG THANKSGIVING that this was discovered by you

smiley
Guest911:
I bought a Toyota Camry 2008 last August. And the vehicle papers expired August too.

So I got to the VIO office to do brand new license plate and after cross checking, the chassis number on the car did not tally with the one on the current vehicle license. Even the engine number is completely wrong. Basically the current license doesn’t hold accurate info about the car. The only legit doc that tally with the car is the custom paper.

I’m not exactly sure what to do in this case, I’m thinking of a fresh registration but what if the previous owner made the mistakes but the other owner he got the car from correctly registered the car?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Richmoney1(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2019
I work with MVAA I can help you to re-register as new, with the right chassis and engine number, contact me here 08087156006
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Richmoney1(m): 8:24am On Nov 16, 2019
As a matter of fact, he can’t register it as new cause the previous chassis or the current is on already on autoreg platform, the only thing he can do is to do changing of ownership which will come entirely new plate number and documents.
Olvic:
Do a fresh registration with the chassis number on the car, if the chassis number is previously registered on a number place autoreg will flag it and it won't fly, at that point pls RUN to report at the very nearest police station because that would suggest its stolen and reporting the development will be your only way out of the loop but if Autoreg accepts the chassis number on the car on a new number plate then apply for CMR as all reported stolen vehicles has their chassis number registered on it, if the CMR is approved that means you are good to go. Then request the car seller to make a new sales agreement quoting both the chassis number and the engine number on the car.

You should go and do a VERY BIG THANKSGIVING that this was discovered by you

smiley
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by IvarTheBoneless: 8:26am On Nov 16, 2019
vivalavida:
Is not this car the owner was lamenting about his stolen brain box yesterday?

Maybe Village People are seriously on his case. He should be careful this car isn't a stolen one.

OP, who have you wronged? Maybe you should go and apologize to the old woman you splashed mud on when you just bought the car.

AYE fe gba moto yen ni idi e. ( The Spirit World wants to collect the car from you)

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by jaxxy(m): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2019
Are u sure u weren’t mistakenly given another cars registration documents? Consult the seller ASAP.

Modified: Ok sorry I read u correctly now and I think I can be corrected or do fresh one ask a licensing agent. They know better how to rectify it.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Bahamas95(m): 8:57am On Nov 16, 2019
nuhu2018:
your car your problem

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by shamme2005(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2019
Somebody needs a Toyota Corolla Year 2008, Nigeria use, First body, kindly get in touch if you know a seller.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Guest911: 9:20am On Nov 16, 2019
UPDATE: I have successfully re-registered the car at VIO office Ojudu Berger. It took 24hrs to get a new license plate number. I noticed the previous plate number section was nil so fresh reg done.

Also the corolla attached to pix wasn’t me, that was the mods. I can’t modify the post.

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by mooa404(m): 9:21am On Nov 16, 2019
Guest911:
I bought a Toyota Camry 2008 last August. And the vehicle papers expired August too.

So I got to the VIO office to do brand new license plate and after cross checking, the chassis number on the car did not tally with the one on the current vehicle license. Even the engine number is completely wrong. Basically the current license doesn’t hold accurate info about the car. The only legit doc that tally with the car is the custom paper.

I’m not exactly sure what to do in this case, I’m thinking of a fresh registration but what if the previous owner made the mistakes but the other owner he got the car from correctly registered the car?

Call me on 08186730633 for solution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by kulex2k1(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2019
This same Car again.... after sorting this out please ehn take the car go for deliverence. ABEG!!!

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Bsideboi(m): 9:27am On Nov 16, 2019
50perc. Of the time the guys at the reg. Office make mistakes on cars VIN number (I'm saying this from experience) they either put "0" instead of "O" or some silly error. Speak to someone that works at the licensing office, they should advice you on what to do.

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by SOFTENGR: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2019
nuhu2018:
your car your problem
Pls take your drugs

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Exponental(m): 9:30am On Nov 16, 2019
I know someone who drives his car for almost 3yrs with a fake plate. Car plate bears same car brand, same model but different year.
Maybe you bought the car from someone who fall in such category. Do a fresh registration... Police report, court affidavit. That's all!!!!
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by kaffyadeakeem(f): 9:38am On Nov 16, 2019
LOGOBELT:
This car again? Was this not the same car reported here for stolen Brain Box?

Meanwhile, HP Wireless 2630 4-in-1 Printer is available for sales @ 10k, working perfectly, check my signature for contact.
Lol

I thought as much
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Toosure70: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2019
Bring it my office, I can help you out.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by biggy26: 11:19am On Nov 16, 2019
nuhu2018:
your car your problem
Why are poor people so wicked? You always want help but never helping anyone.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by biafrasun: 11:20am On Nov 16, 2019
I'm expert in this, my advice is you must be very careful, that car might be a stolen vehicle make more deeper investigation, if the problem is swapping of plate number then go for new plate, from what am seeing you might be the third or fourth buyer, please go deeper you will get the answer. Thanks.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by symbianDON(m): 11:29am On Nov 16, 2019
Zoharariel:
The thread says Toyota Camry, why is Corolla being displayed?
it's probably a Toyota Corolla Camry grin

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by mechanics(m): 11:40am On Nov 16, 2019
Contract the original owner to tell him or her the situation of things.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Onimamaolatunji(m): 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
why always you or I my missing something up, is this not the same car with a pics that got its brain box stolen
from this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/5528429/toyota-corollas-brain-box-been#84040055

my brother if it is,I will suggest you stop using car at least for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Amahzing(m): 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
shamme2005:
Somebody needs a Toyota Corolla Year 2008, Nigeria use, First body, kindly get in touch if you know a seller.
I got one , do get back to me if interested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by osazsky(m): 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nigerians since 2008,its now u want to renew ur papers na wah o
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by obillyj(f): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
nuhu2018:
your car your problem
When you bought the car, the owner ought to have given you all the papers which are vehicle licence, proof of ownership, insurance, road worthiness,CMR. these documents ought to have the right engine, chassis n plate number.if they don't, then there's a mistake at the point of registration or it was not registered properly.
Since u have bought the car, the best option for you will be to do change of ownership, secure a new plate number and register the vehicle in your name with the right engine n chassis nunber. Renewing it with d wrong info will take u thru a long process u will not like.
My office can help you fix which ever option u choose if u were in Lagos.
Visit us @ AM Driving Academy. Road 3, H145 Ikota Shopping Complex Ajah, Lagos or call 07068408044.
Thanks
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by obillyj(f): 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
Moreover, if the details of the car are not found at all on their database then you will have to do a fresh registration instead of change of ownership. Fresh registration means that you are the original owner of the car that means u need to have the custom papers. A fresh reg will be done for you base on the info on the custom papers.
I think this may be a better option for you so you don't go through the rigors of change of ownership.
Call us on 07068408044 @ AM Driving Academy.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Taiwo20(m): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
Guest911:

Contact the seller to get the true and full details. That's the first step. Funny things do happen atimes the MVAA
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Legendguru: 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
Really
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
Zoharariel:

good call, both the previous owner and the current owner are idiots, the fault is definitely not with vio, thats what happens when you decide to text details of a car for registration instead of taking the vehicle in for proper inspection and registration.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by Dammy68(f): 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
VIO are not meant to register your car, kindly go to any Board of Internal Revenue in your state. On your car you are meant to re register and get a new number plate kindly go with the documents that was giving to you by the old owner and also the receipt of payments and transfer of ownership. In Lagos we will check the ledger to be sure that the mistake is not from Autoreg. You cannot just get a new no plate for such a vehicle because the VIN is the car itself so to be sure that the vehicle is not stolen kindly go with the means of identification of the old owner my cent. You can contact me if it’s Lagos plate number on 08030683994. I marvel at how some state ask new owners of a Nigerian plate no to continue. My brother the plate is attach to the owner along with the proof of ownership. Please be double sure that it is not a stolen vehicle please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by kingsarch2000: 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
Lol. To emphasize what he is talking about. To help you get the "picture" of what he means.
ForeThinker:
You no know before?
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by kingsarch2000: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Zoharariel:
Lol. To emphasize what he is talking about. To help you get the "picture" of what he means

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Share Your First Driving Experience / If It Works, It Ain't Stupid / Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.