Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating (17218 Views)

My Vehicle Jerks When Changing Gear / Toyota Avensis Verso Or Toyota Corolla Verso / 7 Reasons Why Car Jerks When Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by veeberry(m): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2019
ITS EITHER
- THE FUEL PUMP
- ALMOST EMPTY FUEL TANK
- FUEL FILTER

CHECK FOR THESE FIRST
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by femi4: 9:14am On Nov 13, 2019
ola33t:
shocked

Check your Fuel pump or filter.
The last part that you didn't add: Service the nozzle
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Orpe7(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2019
Check the spark plugs

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by donkayze(m): 9:23am On Nov 13, 2019
That is the major problem with Verso.
I can give you someone's number that will help you fix it but he is in Abuja.
I am recommending him cos he fixed mine last year.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by ruggedtimi(m): 9:32am On Nov 13, 2019
weak fuel pump
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Staro: 9:38am On Nov 13, 2019
Does the engine vibrate?
Does the car drag a bit when you drive on a hilly ground?
I suspect Spark plugs or Coils

Also check:
Injector/Carburetor
Airflow Meter
Engine Seat
Fuel Nozzles

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by blaque7: 9:54am On Nov 13, 2019
check d plugs unless u buy bad fuel. I drive one. 2005 Manual ..Push start.. Good car..

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Mutemenot(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2019
Newguyhere:
hmmm interesting cool does it cum too? undecided

U no go make heaven oga

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Tripleoluwa(m): 10:03am On Nov 13, 2019
My Honda too jerks. I changed the plugs but it jerks even more. I realized that the new plugs are not the recommended specification according to the owner's manual. So I spoke with a bro in the UK to help me buy over there when he's coming nex week cos I can't get that particular model (NGK ZFR6K-11) here even though I went to Honda center along Mile 2.

But a mechanic cleaned somewhere in the car and the jerking has stopped.

Tell your mechanic to open that place I pointed to and clean the inside with a piece of clothes soaked in petrol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by ogundeleai(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2019
Look no further, ignition coil is/are defective
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by louisa4luv(f): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2019
ironheart:
Run vehicle scan. Buy yourself a 3k obd2 scanner. It can save you a lot of money
Please how does the OBD2 scanner work. Can it work with Honda car too?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by MRcipher(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2019
that's most likely from your gear box, experiencing same and gear issues was diagnosed
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Bobbybob: 10:16am On Nov 13, 2019
Truth801:
Good day guys. I just noticed that my recently acquired Toyota Corolla Verso (2005) jerks when accelerating. What could be the likely cause of this ?
Gear box!
The car is changing gears, and thats supposed to be seamless so wont notice it.
Change the gear box oil asap, call a technician if it persists.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Dokinson(m): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2019
It’s the gear oil, check thé gear oil
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by opeey(m): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2019
Truth801:
Good day guys. I just noticed that my recently acquired Toyota Corolla Verso (2005) jerks when accelerating. What could be the likely cause of this ?
I recommend this thread for you
https://www.nairaland.com/3743541/ask-gazzuzz
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by uzzy73(m): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2019
Check the fuel pump or it could be electrical issues but I bet is on the fuel pumpy
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Mouthpis(m): 10:45am On Nov 13, 2019
notoriousbabe:
wetin?you no know sey na the early morning own dey sweet pass

Wetin dey sweet

Spoiled shild and lazy yoots everywhere

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by limdude: 11:08am On Nov 13, 2019
[b][/b]HAD THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY 2005 TOYOTA CAMRY; I SUGGEST YOU TRY THE FOLLOWING:
DROP THE FUEL TANK AND HAVE IT WASHED
CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER
CHANGE SPARK PLUGS
CLEAN INJECTOR NOZZLES

I'm certain it will be resolved.

Truth801:
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by nonix22(m): 11:22am On Nov 13, 2019
after buying, can the codes displayed be easily interpreted??
ironheart:
Run vehicle scan. Buy yourself a 3k obd2 scanner. It can save you a lot of money
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by renewable1(m): 11:34am On Nov 13, 2019
Let me think first

Affordable solar combo to power your TV, decoder, sound system and fan for 8hours daily... Check my signature now
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by nkemdi89(f): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
donkayze:
That is the major problem with Verso.
I can give you someone's number that will help you fix it but he is in Abuja.
I am recommending him cos he fixed mine last year.
Please I am interested in verso, but I was made to understand that they come in right hand drive , how true is that?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Ilochukwuka: 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
Truth801:
Go and check your plug cap coil one or two is not firing well. That is a possibility of current leakage from the coil or one spark plug is bad.
Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by praxs(m): 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
Truth801:

I drive Toyota corolla 2005 model. I had exactly the same issue with you. At first, I changed my fuel pump, changed the plugs, checked the coil and all that but it kept on doing that. I took the car for a scan and they diagnosed the problem. I can't remember what the name of the wire is but find attached the wire I changed and the position where the wire is.

Hope this helps

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by AvalonSpace(m): 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
Where's Gazzuzz and Auto Josh?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by ajamuadedayo: 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
I had same issue with my Toyota Corolla. I solved by changing my car engine seats. I would advise you look in that direction too.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by ironheart(m): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
louisa4luv:

Please how does the OBD2 scanner work. Can it work with Honda car too?
yes bros, you install the software on your phone and you can scan your vehicle. Armed with the information, you can narrow down the issues
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Turktman05(m): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
Check your engine and gear seats and coil those are the main reasons for that.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by lilachiever(m): 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
ideatoprince18:
..... let me pay you 700
Lol, you try but you can do better.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
ironheart:
. Where can I get this pls
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
I learnt a lot from this. Kudos bra cool cool
Sumji:
Without particular reference to your car but more of my general experience with cars... When jerking at acceleration occurs, first question that comes to mind is, did you notice it after driving the car through a large body of water?

It is possible that the nozzles, plugs, and injector of your car needs to be serviced. That should cost more than 4k including workmanships. The plug cap can also be looked at to ensure that it has no leak, as this can cause it to loose current when accelerating. The wires connected to these areas should also be carefully checked to ensure that there are no current leaks, as this can equally affect how your car accelerates.

If this has been done and you still notice the jerking. Let an electrician have a look at your fuel pump. It's possible that there are some wires around it loosing current, or the fuel pump filter is clogged from a dirty tank (if you're one to use your car till the fuel is almost empty before you refill, you need to stop that), or the fuel pump is faulty (I seriously doubt this, what you mentioned sounds like a rewire issue).

Also, if the RPM of the car is always fluctuating even when not in motion, which of course would add to the jerking, you might want to consider the airflow meter. To check/be sure if it's the airflow meter, your mechanic should do it... While the car is on, he disconnects the airflow meter, this should cause the current to drop or shutdown the car. Where it doesn't happen that way, he would know that it isn't working properly anymore. Need for change...

Lastly, peradventure by jerking you mean vibration of the car, like when you're about to take off (especially manual cars), the car vibrates or makes one funny sound that makes the dash board seem like it is shaking, then just know it is simply your engine seatings that are worn out and need to be replaced.

Hope this helps, I figured you don't want your mechanic to bobo you, nice one! Lol.
Btw, I'm not a mechanic, I just pay attention to cars...

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by lilachiever(m): 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
Symphony1:

Call me pls, Lets talk zero eight twelve 306 5692

WhatsApp 090
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by concho(m): 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
Check the centre bearing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage? / How you can process doctor's report for tinted glass / Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.