Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,711 members, 7,802,157 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? (26298 Views)

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Reference(m): 9:02am On Nov 14, 2019
godofuck231:
it's a shame how hold up appears on the abuja airport road , back then it used to be an emergency high way , government officials do 200+ and the cars disappears before you know Awolowo, now it's a night mare

You can still floor it. Just don't try it during rush hour. The problem with that road is the u-turns. Some mad folks don't know how to use them.

Better stil if you want to brutalize your wheels, Sundays 9am till noon. You can redline your engine, no problem. My problem remains, tyres. I am damn scared of exploding tyres. I just don't trust them anymore. The quality of tyres have sunk. In my dad's days you will begin to notice wear after 3 years. These days, six months.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by eghuan1(m): 9:05am On Nov 14, 2019
Well believe it or not I have done 130 miles per hour which is approximately 210km/hr on Third Mainland Bridge, around 1am back in 2017.

Nowadays, I don't go above 160km/hr on the express and 90km/hr inside town

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by holborno(m): 9:05am On Nov 14, 2019
220km/h with a muscle v6,that was like 7 years ago and I don’t se my self trying that shit anymore

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by wristbangle: 9:06am On Nov 14, 2019
120km/hr. Exceeding this speed, driver is @ risk.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by olexjay(m): 9:06am On Nov 14, 2019
100km/hr.... We all gonna arrive our destinations, it's who arrives his/her destination safety we greet welcome.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by hermesprogidy(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2019
rationalmind:

I hope you drive with your hazard lights. Driving at this speed especially on the highway is equally as unsafe as driving in excess of 100mph
That's what people don't know. Under speeding is worse than over speeding. Under speeding vehicles are mostly first victims of accidents. Especially multiple accidents.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2019
180km/hr from Abuja to Asaba on 30th November 2013 and 180km/hr from Asaba to Abeokuta on 1st December 2013. Since I got an accident on 22nd October 2014, I never try am again.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by megasoul: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2019
rationalmind:

You dont need to go to the North tongue

The Benin-Asaba road is one very amazing road. That road as old as it is is one of the best in the country.

There's no checkpoint, hardly any pothole and you have good visibility. Not a lot of curves, hills or valleys like roads in the East.

That was where I used to flex my muscle grin

Yeah. I've done 160km/h along the Benin-Asaba road a few times. Although not intentionally as I immediately take my leg off the throttle upon realising I've reached that speed from the speedometer dial. Scary shiii

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by pgodson7(m): 9:16am On Nov 14, 2019
150km/hr on Benin Ore road around Ofosu town

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2019
900 km/hr.
While flying.
While driving 150 km/hr.
While riding bicycle 30-40 km/hr.
While riding something else, the speed of light 3 x 10^8 m/s.

If you know you know.
naijadrivablog:
We have heard a random man brag that he has hit 180km/hr when travelling from Abuja to Port Harcourt. On these bad roads?
With
no regard for safety and human life?

Mine is 120km/h on Port Harcourt - Umuahia Road (many years ago, the road is bad now).
I was running late to a wedding.

What's the highest speed you have ever hit? Be it during car/bike race or expressway driving, tell us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRcOXTzfUGc

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by spencekat(m): 9:16am On Nov 14, 2019
120km/hr

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by kings59: 9:17am On Nov 14, 2019
I had witnessed a car running at a speed of 165km/hr back then in 2014. I was in jeep, the owner warned the driver not to enter 120 km/hr, anytime he go pass it. he should release his foot from the acceleration pedal.

At a point about 1hr and some minutes, the owner of the car ( oga) dosed off, then the driver who was also a relation decided to showcase his skills.

I just decided to check the speedometer of the car since no one was monitoring him, I was sitting behind him. I had to stretch to see, he was doing 165 km/hr going to 170 km/h.

My surprise then was that other cars were overtaking us even at that speed. If they can overtake us at 165 km/hr then what should be their speed?

Normally, speed should be be between 80km/hr to 115 km/h.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by zikter(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2019
rationalmind:

You dont need to go to the North tongue

The Benin-Asaba road is one very amazing road. That road as old as it is is one of the best in the country.

There's no checkpoint, hardly any pothole and you have good visibility. Not a lot of curves, hills or valleys like roads in the East.

That was where I used to flex my muscle grin

Did my highest speed here, 150km/hr

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Jetfire: 9:18am On Nov 14, 2019
naijadrivablog:
We have heard a random man brag that he has hit 180km/hr when travelling from Abuja to Port Harcourt. On these bad roads?
With
no regard for safety and human life?

Mine is 120km/h on Port Harcourt - Umuahia Road (many years ago, the road is bad now).
I was running late to a wedding.

What's the highest speed you have ever hit? Be it during car/bike race or expressway driving, tell us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRcOXTzfUGc

235km/hr on Enugu to Abakiriki ,ebonyi state, the car was flying and my speedometer is digital ,I can see the number 235km then one none sense reasoning entered my head to video it with my fone and to do so I will have to stretch a lil to grab my fone at the passengers seat.... trust me,at that moment ,i know if I had tried that rubbish , I won’t be here today saying this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by timi0103(m): 9:20am On Nov 14, 2019
170km/hr several times Benin-Ore express road. But my average speed remains 145km/hr though.

The only bad portion of that road is the Ijebu Ode axis

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by 18wheeler: 9:22am On Nov 14, 2019
180km/hr only on Damaturu-Potiskum road. Smoothest ride in recent times. Other times depend on state of road, btw 80-140kmph.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by olatunjithomas(m): 9:22am On Nov 14, 2019
istephen:
130mph and that's something I won't do again.

Unless you're driving to Oblivion.

that's approximately 210kph

Weldon Sir.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Thugaa: 9:25am On Nov 14, 2019
160-170km/hr glass was fully wound up i only noticed when i looked at the speedometer
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Shagati(m): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2019
Hmmmm!
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2019
RichDad1:

I’m telling you.
I'm glad I can find someone that can relate. Driving on that road dey sweet belle! The only problem is the 1 million police check points on the road. Its like a convention, they full there. Especially when you're closer to Benin.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by cenaman(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2019
With bike 180km/hr, i almost lost my life that day due to accident. Car 180km/hr ikom to younde with lexus es 350. in abuja kubwa express 200km/hr with GLK 350.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by tonye33(m): 9:35am On Nov 14, 2019
140km/hr

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by AvalonSpace(m): 9:37am On Nov 14, 2019
That pointer remain small make e enter 100km. I was supposed to be in church for a wedding because I'm the bassist and music was about starting. Calls were coming and I was in the market waiting to load my girlfriend's load in the trunk. It was Honda Legend.. Even at 80, the speed was almost uncontrollable.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by omenka(m): 9:42am On Nov 14, 2019
160 in a Discussion Continues. Very gentleman I am. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Orpe7(m): 9:45am On Nov 14, 2019
My former dad's driver hit 280km/hr with our shagari benz back then
Nigga almost killed us

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by AkwalaIke1: 9:46am On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
omenka:
160 in a Discussion Continues. Very gentleman I am. grin
[/s]
death dey knock
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by noisy45(m): 9:47am On Nov 14, 2019
100-120
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Mayordavisevent: 9:49am On Nov 14, 2019
Bugatti879:
200km. Abakaliki tpo Aba

you mean 20kmh/h coz d road no go even allow u
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Mayordavisevent: 9:51am On Nov 14, 2019
pocohantas:
Depends on what I am riding,

Car...bike...

Or my man.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Bacteriologist(m): 9:56am On Nov 14, 2019
100km/hr using a Toyota Highlander.

My number one fear is tire blowouts. And then portholes.

On a bicycle which I ride most approx 45km/hr on Eko bridge.

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Caesar25: 9:56am On Nov 14, 2019
Have pedalled 160km/hr at airport road
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by cenaman(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2019
ayukdaboss:
180km/hr. Ikom/Cameroon Border road, smooth 30 mins drive
Same with me, i did 180plus on my way younde from ikom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Ways People Kill Their Cars / How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence / Does Repainting Your Car Devalue It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.