Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? (26328 Views)

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by brookz: 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
abdulkayus:

Guy, are you serious with this?
I am seeing something like 270km/hr there. Oooboyyyy

Am for real dude.
BMW is a bae.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
My brother did 220 third mainland bridge for real I’ll find video and put it up or just follow him @dj.joel222 on Instagram you’ll see it there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bugatti879:

Bro its not a luxury bus OK.. Did it with a 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 4 cylinder turbo.. that's a speed demon bro
I hail, but wait bros, post a pishure of this Evoque or else ....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by jaeyking(m): 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Not on Nigerian roads, sadly. At 180km/hr, you start feeling the bumps on the road. Maybe if I ever had the chance to do a run on those supposedly amazing Northern roads.

like the gusau to kaura road in zamfara

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by eightsin(m): 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
eightsin:
I did 160KM/HR yesterday and my car suddenly stopped moving.... I parked, put off the engine, make engine start again turn wahala. Had to tow the car to the nearest town and waiting for mechanic to come diagnose this morning. Sad tale of my life

Update on this, mech said my oil pump failed and the engine is knocked although it still comes on. Last last, na another engine I buy today. Very painful spending money on things not budgeted for.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by radautoworks: 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
eightsin:

Update on this, mech said my oil pump failed and the engine is knocked although it still comes on. Last last, na another engine I buy today. Very painful spending money on things not budgeted for.

Probably could have repaired it

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by 18wheeler: 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2019
mcduke01:
190km/h (Daura- Kongola)
That short distance? You get mind o. Road has been good since 2009-11 I was in that axis. But I never did above 100kmph. I can just imagine, you'll be at destination in like 45secs?
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by NiCurious: 11:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
Readonee35L:

Still did this recently.
09 camry
2az-fe
5speed auto

Notice your check-engine warning light?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Readonee35L(m): 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
NiCurious:

Notice your check-engine warning light?
P0420
Catalytic converter

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by fisherboy: 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
I did 140km/h on third mainland bridge that was at about 11pm on my way back from airport 2015 that took me close to 5min to run almost 17km bridge . that was awesome though at night

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by eightsin(m): 3:56am On Nov 15, 2019
He suggested repair but also said might not last long... Plus repair was almost half of the cost and more time consuming.

radautoworks:

Probably could have repaired it
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by radautoworks: 6:51am On Nov 15, 2019
eightsin:
He suggested repair but also said might not last long... Plus repair was almost half of the cost and more time consuming.

Repair would have been better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by LeJeun3: 7:55am On Nov 15, 2019
Bugatti879:

Bro its not a luxury bus OK.. Did it with a 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 4 cylinder turbo.. that's a speed demon bro

grin

Evoque speed demon?? grin grin

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:13am On Nov 15, 2019
LeJeun3:

grin

Evoque speed demon?? grin grin

I tire.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Sosanya93(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
140km/hr shagamu - Abeokuta express way in my Nissan almera 2003 5speed auto. Check the Red claliberation is KM/HR, white is in MPH. My mechanic has done 160km/hr in my presence in my friends Camry 2011 sport

1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by 9icetoo(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
Jakumo:
On a whim a few years back, I decided to saddle up and head north along the desolate California Highway 395, all the way to the Mammoth Mountain ski area, in the Sierra Nevada range. The journey began in Ontario California, on a spring day in late May, right at the tail end of the annual ski season.

Highway 395 is a speed demon's playground, where drivers of fast cars engage their electronic police radar-detectors, and then, when the coast is clear, with no California Highway Patrol cruisers on the horizon, open up to full throttle so as to explore the world beyond 100 mph, for mile upon mile of dead-straight trajectory.

On my ski trip from Ontario California to Mammoth Mountain, I averaged 110 mph ( 180km/hr), for a terrestrial flight lasting 4 hours without letup. As night drew closer, I pulled off into the desert, and slept in my car under a star-lit sky, before waking at dawn to complete the desert run by midday the following day, just in time to commence some serious late-season snow skiing under the gondola lifts.

From Google Earth, here is a picture of the fabled Highway 395, where the question is just how long you can cruise in excess of 100 miles per hour, without losing concentration and ending up like James Dean.
I will drive on that road. Bucket list activated.
Even if it's the last thing I do before I die. cheesy
See road. And it's gonna be in a v8 behemoth. Pedal to the metal.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Nostradamus: 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
bizme:
900 km/hr.
While flying.
While driving 150 km/hr.
While riding bicycle 30-40 km/hr.
While riding something else, the speed of light 3 x 10^8 m/s.

If you know you know.
you mean while doing astral projection abi? cool grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by fola2properties: 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
Mine was 140km/hr coming from berger to yaba via third mainland bridge and that was 2012, prior to then my steady speed na 120km/hr from ajah to berger which was about 45mins for me. I stopped speeding generally because the repairs and cost on the vehicle was getting high. Speeding for me died in 2014 now its 80/100km/hr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by seunoni34(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2019
freezyprinzy:
That road way no good?
Which year that one happen
It was very smooth as of January 02, 2019.
They've patched everywhere then so it was an easy cruise. Don't know of the condition now. Maybe you meant lagos-ibadan cos that road na death trap.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by AshipaEk0: 10:22am On Nov 16, 2019
Just realized that NL people don't know or use Cruise Control.

Rather strange for a set of know it alls.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by FEGEITOK: 10:25am On Nov 16, 2019
eightsin:
I did 160KM/HR yesterday and my car suddenly stopped moving.... I parked, put off the engine, make engine start again turn wahala. Had to tow the car to the nearest town and waiting for mechanic to come diagnose this morning. Sad tale of my life

Before you drive that fast, oil must be up to the full guage, same with coolant, and ideally a new filter.

I almost lost an engine.

I knew oil was low planned to top it but never did until Asaba, engine became difficult to turn on, but I knew why.

I topped the oil and it became free.

And has served me since, but I know I did kill a couple of thousands of miles of service life by that mistake

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by eightsin(m): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2019
The oil was gauged, the mech said the oil pump failed.

Well, I bought a half and top engine. Going to test drive today.
FEGEITOK:

Before you drive that fast, oil must be up to the full guage, same with coolant, and ideally a new filter.

I almost lost an engine.

I knew oil was low planned to top it but never did until Asaba, engine became difficult to turn on, but I knew why.

I topped the oil and it became free.

And has served me since, but I know I did kill a couple of thousands of miles of service life by that mistake
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by stalwart123(m): 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
160km/hr along PHC - Eket highway (East West Road). Before police took over the road per km.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by jokerr(m): 1:12am On Nov 18, 2019
I have done 90mph sometime in August this year with my then v6 Honda accord, but now 70mph with my v4 passat on third mainland bridge last week
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by kowalsky: 2:50am On Nov 18, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
I wont lie.. I hit 180km/hr..

Along kubwa Express way in 2017. That road na die

140km/hr on the same road grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by wandium: 11:31am On Nov 21, 2019
yashika:
I have done 200km/h severally along Benin -Ore road was able to snap 160km/ht all on a BMW x5

Just before my phone lock along kubwa katampe express.

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by double3(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
[quote author=wandium post=84231909]

Just before my phone lock along kubwa katampe Doing 140+ with that air bag malfunction light I see on ur dash?? Hmmmm...speed kills bro
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by wandium: 1:39am On Dec 27, 2019
wandium:

Just before my phone lock along kubwa katampe express.

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by MedicH: 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
Some of the people claiming 220 kmph probably don’t even own a car!

The irony my brother. Beats my imagination. Someone said 200km abakiliki to aba and aba road has check points all over the placd with very very bad roads. Drivers dodge potholes like young doctor dodging tuberculosis in HIV ward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Absoj(m): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
TPound:

Where did you achieve this??

On your way to heaven?
grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by alphaNomega: 1:02am On Dec 29, 2019
brookz:
Lag- Benin with my Mpower Maclaren

I wish you had room for more! Maxing out an M is a thing of pride

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
180km/hr.
I did the same along ore-ijebu ode road, Sagamu-redeem high way too. 170/180 but with family, i do 100-120km/hr

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal / Does Repainting Your Car Devalue It? / Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.