Stats: 3,143,451 members, 7,781,306 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:09 PM

Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu (49149 Views)

Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer / Photos Of A Physically Challenged Vulcanizer In Kogi State / Murphy Juliana: Beautiful Lady Mechanic In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by CowHard: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2019
Meet The Blind Vulcanizer And Mechanic In Enugu, His Demands From The Government

For Mr Emeka Abugu, his case is more than the saying that there’s ability in disability.

His ability to loose, patch, pumb, tighten and service motorcycle carburetors could be best described as a miracle as it defies all scientific tenets.

When our reporter visited Mr Emeka at his kiosk in Orie Umuaji, a village in Umuida community, Igbo Eze North local government areas of Enugu state, he was busy attending to his numerous customers whose motorcycle tyres either got deflated or punctured by sharp objects.

Fortunately for our reporter, his motorcycle tyre got punctured few minutes to Mr Emeka’s shed, so he had all the times to engage him while he attended to him.

Narrating how he ended up blind and his ability to set up a workshop in a state of blindness, Emeka narrated:

“I lost my two eyes when I was a kid to untreated cases of measles and other diseases.

My father was a bicycle repairer and I spent so much time in his workshop where I gradually learnt the works of patching bicycle tyres despite my challenges.

” However, when I mastered the acts after spending over ten years with my father, I decided to go into motorcycle repairing and spent many years as a result of my blindness.

Today, I can not only render vulcanizing services, I can equally service motorcycle carburetors and other mechanical works”.

Emeka is married with seven children. When teased by our reporter how he was able to have so many children, he replied amidst laughter:

“I lost my sight but not my ‘manhood’, more over, my wife delivered two sets of twins.”

Emeka stated that he got married and built a small house from the proceeds of his business.
When he was asked on the help he would like the government and private individuals to render to him, he stressed:

“I would like if the government or private individuals help stock my kiosk with goods(tubes and other motorcycle parts) so I can be able to train my seven children from the proceeds” he concluded.

https://oceanicnews.com.ng/meet-the-blind-vulcanizer-and-mechanic-in-enugu-his-demands-from-the-government/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by CowHard: 9:50am On Nov 13, 2019
More pictures

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by Kalashnikov102(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2019
Gifted hands

185 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by nifemi25(m): 10:16am On Nov 13, 2019
Helper will surely locate you and me in Jesus name

245 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by Jentle244: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2019
where are the mods this should get to front page. This are the kind of things that motivates me.

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by Ifjes99(m): 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
Wonderful

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by Slawormir: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
” However, when I mastered the acts after spending over ten years with my father, I decided to go into motorcycle repairing and spent many years as a result of my blindness."

Damnnnnn niggarrrs
You see what i will always say
When you master the huzzle then you conquer the struggle

It means this blind man is a real niggarrr

128 Likes

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by olaolulazio(m): 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
And someone with hands and legs with good sight will come to you, telling you that he or she wanna go to somewhere but doesn't have enough cash(when u offer to help them with d trip, they won't go... all they want is the money).

God bless u man and keep Ur twin safe.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by snipesdam(m): 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
Wow... If you're alive with all functional human motor functions and you aren't thinking on how to better life the right way. Then you need a reset.

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by IvarTheBoneless: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2019

Odaran... criminal!

Even with no sight, his diick is trafficating in all directions.

7 kids grin, rogue!

Cc. theButterfly..... i have changed my mind, I will give you this guy instead of the deputy governor.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by feelgoodstuffs(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
Twins way many people dey look for... hmm God is great

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by shogsman(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
Me that has both eyes functioning can’t even service ordinary generator,respect to you my dear SIR.

21 Likes

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by Joshmodest(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
I waked into this thread, seeing a title " I lost my sight not my manhood "
And I'm like what's the big deal ?
Ojukwu lost his life but his manhood was still living !

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by StrikeBack(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
Gifted hands
Gifted dick

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by IvarTheBoneless: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
Gifted hands

Gifted PRICK you mean.

Even able bodied men with good sight don't have 7 children grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by Joystark(f): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
Thank God for him. Definitely can't be easy.

But then 7 children?

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by rockstar27(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
inside life... blind man doing vulcanizer God is great

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by donprinyo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
Abeg, can someone locate dis man. To lose sight is de worst thing dat can happen to any man b4 poverty. Imagine a situation one man carry both loads.

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by philip0906(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
He already has built a house for himself...While people are grinding like gringos in Lagos with nothing to show for all their year to year hustle & bustle

17 Likes

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by Cmanforall: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
Awww....

I've met one physically-challenged vulcanizer, truth is that I was touched and same time impressed. Rather than asking for alms here and there, he's making a living and I paid him more than he asked for. I believe other people do same for him.

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by ContractKiller: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2019

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by WiseBarunda(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bless God

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by ahnie: 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hardworking man despite his condition!
Meanwhile nairaland has been turned into beggars pageant lately by able bodied men/ boys!

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by seanwilliam(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
I pray helper locates u.. but how come u dey see and do the tyre

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by meobizy(f): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
The only thing the ignorant care about is their capability to procreate and nothing else. It is a sad state of affairs and the very reason why in 2029 we’ll still come across uneducated youths.

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by Jasen1(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
7 children you see the problem

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by seniormallam(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
I am not understanding, God is great
Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by boiz2men(m): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
How does he know the kids are his? undecided

Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by bimgo: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
God
Re: Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu by EJanni(f): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
God bless you man. This is a living prove that " anybody wey wan survive go survive".

Working With The Big4, Your Experience. / 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? / Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US