Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts (53021 Views)

Zodwa Wabantu Twerks At Fuel Station, Nigerians Blamed By South Africans(Photos) / Tayo Faniran Assault By South African Police: Nigerian Government Sues / Wizkid Dancing To "Am I A Yahoo Boy?" By Naira Marley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by Champagnegold: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
South Africa the land of slave masterz. always slavery brains

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by sharone21(f): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
Astark:
they are lazy?

They can go to great countries like united kingdom, Japan without visa.

They have 24 hours light

They have the best universities, bank's, hospitals I'm Africa

There are employment opportunities there

There's no terrorists groups like boko haram, herdsmen and co

They don't indulge in prostitutions, drug trafficking and fraud.

They aren't known for crimes.

They have hosted many world cups tournaments like football,rugby, cricket

They are among world best cities unlike Nigerians overrated slums

If that's why lazy means, then Nigerians should be lazy. They are lazy yet Nigerians want to die there instead of coming back.

They own Nigeria largest mobile network and Nigeria largest shopping malls yet you don't see the Zulus here.
Okay....Your numbers 6 and 7 made me think you were referring to another country. Among these countries, I don't know which one has lesser crime: Brazil, El-Savaldor, India, Columbia and South Africa.
Burna Boy doesn't feel so safe, reason why he possibly said he will never step his foot on SA's soil( apart from xenophobic attack on his country people)....reason why Cape Town became a preferred destination by the promoters, which according to the protesters is far from the 'victims'( the South Africans) BUT safer for him, Nigerian artists or other artists from the hoodlums in SA.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by Saintp(m): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
Incandescent:

Shut up. Its people like you that would accuse celebrities for not speaking up. If they do, na still wahala for una.

Burna Boy carry go. We your real fans dey your back

It is even better he doesn't speak up than to speak and make a u-turn just after few months. If you can't speak and stand by it then don't speak

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by NigeriaIsDoomed: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
Incandescent:

Shut up. Its people like you that would accuse celebrities for not speaking up. If they do, na still wahala for una.

Burna Boy carry go. We your real fans dey your back
He remains an idiot for going back to where he promised he would not set his foot again.
We lack integrity in this country just like the bastard politicians moving from one from one party to another for economic gain.
What is really wrong with the black man!
Na so one yeye prof say him go tear him Amerikan passpost if Trump win like say the man send am anything after all said and done him go back to America.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
cjudy:

Charley, your entire country can't achieve what Burna have achieved.
Fool u that is burna boy fan watin you don achieved .......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by IronGalaxy: 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
Champagnegold:
South Africa the land of slave masterz. always slavery brains
so says simpletons who snap pictures of white people eating garri and post them here. Lol

6 Likes

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
Burns boy is a stupid sold out asshole

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by IronGalaxy: 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
sharone21:

Okay....Your numbers 6 and 7 made me think you were referring to another country. Among these countries, I don't know which one has lesser crime: Brazil, El-Savaldor, India, Columbia and South Africa.
Burna Boy doesn't feel so safe, reason why he possibly said he will never step his foot on SA's soil( apart from xenophobic attack on his country people)....reason why Cape Town became a preferred destination by the promoters, which according to the protesters is far from the 'victims'( the South Africans) BUT safer for him, Nigerian artists or other artists from the hoodlums in SA.
Burna Boy lived in South Africa quite a while he now feels unsafe from what? He should have known better from spreading fake news, that's what South Africans are actually pissed about.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by IronGalaxy: 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
edon21:
thanks for that. I like it but try to get a Nigerian boyfriend. you ll see that South African men are really laaazy like laaaaaaaazzzzzyyy
is it? But your hardworking men still haven't figured out how to build roads and proper drainage and power plants for your electricity problems?

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
sonature1:

For Burna Boy to accept to participate in the concert, it's childish, considering his attack on AKA.

Truly, Fame and Fortune don't buy sense
We too like Money for Naija na wetin kill us. Na money carry am go dey no be anything. Shameless guy him be, I don comot the guy album from my phone jor. No principles at all.
Chai....I miss 2pac!

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
soilsista:

Yeah, we don't want him here!
abeg tell AKA to arrange boys to attack that shameless creature without any dignity if una see am for SA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by TorukMakto: 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
signature2012:
With all he said some months ago about not ever stepping into SA again,this dude still want to go there to perform.Very unserious fellow.....
He want to cover this shameful act by saying he will donate part of the money he receives to victim of Xenophobic attack....Yimu!

So with all the monies he has made so far in his life,he could not donate from it?

Naija celebrities fooling their gullible followers.

He was drunk when saying that.
Just like wizkid said he would build Schools in every West African country and later denied it when his eyes cleared

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by edon21: 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
IronGalaxy:
is it? But your hardworking men still haven't figured out how to build roads and proper drainage and power plants for your electricity problems?
*silence *
Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by temielects(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
Burnaboy is known for his disunity of Africans..prove me wrong,just mention one track sanged by him that unites or promotes one love other than his killing them for cultism and knack them something and the rest of his stupid lyrics for people with the violence spirit undecidedf

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
soilsista:

1.Lol my boyfriend is not Nigerian.
2. There's no rule that says this forum is for Nigerians only. I'm not going anywhere because I like it here cheesy
Then my brothers are not leaving SA cuz they love it. cheesy NiG1-1SA

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by madridsta007(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
blackboy:
Serves him right. Always might what you say. Be constructive in your criticism. And when protesting protest peacefully. Build bridges mend fences and unite never divide

There was actually nothing hateful, false or negative with what he said. Once we analyse his tweet with logic and not with emotions.
He was scathingly blunt. That is all.

We live in a post-truth, snow-flake, offense-obsessed world and I get that; but asides the easily-triggered emotions of people, there was nothing false with what he said. Humans generally hate accountability. But you never grow or get better without being accountable to your actions.

His tweet only put the spot-light on South Africans and South Africa which, in the light of the photo and video-evidenced xeonophobic violence, they would have loved to avoid.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by jcross19: 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
signature2012:
With all he said some months ago about not ever stepping into SA again,this dude still want to go there to perform.Very unserious fellow.....
He want to cover this shameful act by saying he will donate part of the money he receives to victim of Xenophobic attack....Yimu!

So with all the monies he has made so far in his life,he could not donate from it?

Naija celebrities fooling their gullible followers.
wow what a deep comment. can you see most acclaimed Nigerian celebrities you see there are just hypocrites and just mouth washers nothing to offer . he made mouth and he could not stand on his point that will earn him a great status and name for ever but because of penny he lost his dignity! shame and shameful. in one yoruba adage says: good name is better than gold and silver.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by TorukMakto: 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
Astark:
[s]they are lazy?

They have 24 hours light

If that's why lazy means, then Nigerians should be lazy. They are lazy yet Nigerians want to die there instead of coming back.

They own Nigeria largest mobile network and Nigeria largest shopping malls yet you don't see the Zulus here.[/s]

They are still LAZY.
Without the white men there, South Africa would be like Zimbabwe,
White people control MTN and their black politicians have the biggest shares,
The richest people in South Africa are their White men and Black politicians, most of the black SA don't have access to those things you mentioned that's why they are pained

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by cjudy(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
Jesse25:

Fool u that is burna boy fan watin you don achieved .......
I have achieved something meaning in life. None of your generation will attain to my level
Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:
In this case,South Africans are right. Burna boy has no business in that country and he shouldn't be welcomed by the natives.

I'm a big fan of Oluwaburna,but I think he missed it this time around. I actually supported his views and shared some of his sentiments regarding the infamous xenophobia. But for him to now make a U-turn is a big NO for me.

You aren't a blind fan like Buhari's supporters. My cap don doff.lol

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by soilsista(f): 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Then my brothers are not leaving SA cuz they love it. cheesy NiG1-1SA
Like I said to Morpheus, I'm not going to comment any further about that! If they like, they can overstay their welcome. What's my own?

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
Saintp:
Why is that it is hard for a black man to keep to his words? At the end of the day, they will make him look stupid just because of greed.
Exactly. Love of money and greed is our big problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by eyinola: 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
obavalen:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timeslive.co.za/amp/tshisa-live/tshisa-live/2019-11-13-artists-slam-burna-boy-on-africans-unite-concert-line-up-government-distances-itself-from-it/
OP is burna boy a rapper, that's how someone calls naira Marley a rapper here yesterday cool plz dont let Tupac and Big by angry in their grave ooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
Astark:
they are lazy?

They have 24 hours light

They own Nigeria largest mobile network and Nigeria largest shopping malls yet you don't see the Zulus here.
The blank southafrica are lazy they know nothing but drug. All what you listed above are all build by the white. There system only work because of the white
Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by edon21: 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
soilsista:

Like I said to Morpheus, I'm not going to comment any further about that! If they like, they can overstay their welcome. What's my own?
whats my own if you overstay your welcome on nairaland. after all it's like every black person in Nigeria is automatically a Nigerian
Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by temielects(m): 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
Sanchez01:
Burna boy was one of the very few Nigerian celebrities who spoke against the recent Xenophobic attack and condemned the hypocrisy of South Africans while standing in gap for his brother's who were victimized. At the time he did this, we all hailed him for being 'fearless' and brave.

Roughly two months later, Nigerians are crucifying the dude for 'not mending bridges' as seen in the comments above. And a Ghanaian who ought to be eating his Dokunu with fresh pepper and fried fish is taking a swipe at Burna, and I'm wondering why, like the likes of Reggie Rockstone, Shatta Wale and other Ghanaian superstars combined have half the fame of Burna.

The worst thing to do as a Nigerian is to fight for the rights of other Nigerians. In the end, you'll be left open and out in the cold. Nigerians are not worth taking a slap for.
Burnaboy that encourages the killing of his fellow Nigerian through his lyrics that you are saying he's taking a slap for Nigeria..if the likes of 2baba, Wizkid and the rest of them who has sanged for unity and one love are to be mentioned in any disunity palava Nigerians will roar, even you know that Burnaboy is no where standing for the unity of Africans..you are just being a die hard fan or probably you are one of those killing them!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by ikpitreal: 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
Astark:
they are lazy?

They have 24 hours light

Nice quote from a black slave. And the whites still control virtually everything in your country....mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
temielects:
Burnaboy is known for his disunity of Africans..prove me wrong,just mention one track sanged by him that unites or promotes one love other than his killing them for cultism and knack them something and the rest of his stupid lyrics for people with the violence spirit undecidedf
laff want comot my ribs. Guy u vex o...lol
Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by Keemsleek005(m): 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
edon21:

South Africa is the home of crime and HIV in Africa courtesy of black South Africans
South Africa's Infrastructure devt is courtesy of white South Africans. if not why is your economy controlled by white individuals.
however you look at it even with Boko Haram, dwindling power supply etc hindering Nigeria's growth, we still tower above South Africa guess what ll happen if we fix all our problems?
and. mtn is majorly owned by whites. 55 percent of their total profits come from Nigeria alone so if we chase them out glo ll take over.
note.. Nigeria has the most educated military officers in Africa. and still has the highest number of foreign professors in America.

without Nigeria, South Africa would have continued to be a colony.

don't think with your anus boy

God bless you bro
Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2019
cjudy:

I have achieved something meaning in life. None of your generation will attain to my level
audio achievement grin Naja and bragging. U have achieved something meaningful in life yet nobody hears your name, nobody knows you.
Bros if comedy no be your career your village people have sworn never to sleep till they see you in 6ft.
Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by soilsista(f): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
edon21:
whats my own if you overstay your welcome on nairaland. after all it's like every black person in Nigeria is automatically a Nigerian
Lol wow!
Re: Protest Against Burna Boy By South Africans Over Inclusion In Concerts by kjhgfrtyuikchui: 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
With us its always a win..
Sure Bankers available..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Banky W Reacts To Gifty Not Knowing Him / Bidemi Kosoko Shows The 30th Birthday Cakes She Was Gifted / Regina Daniels Shows Off Wads Of New Notes Her Sons Saved In Their Piggy Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.