Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka (27120 Views)

Enugu State Inaugurates Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka / Pictures From Construction Of 2.5Km Kanti Kwara Flyover, Kano State / Update On The New Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Ede-oballa, Nsukka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Daguccizgreat(m): 4:43am On Nov 14, 2019
Awol1:

Delivered by building Secretariat in Nsukka?

For what?

Did Chimaroke build Secretariat in Nkanu?

Did Sullivan build Secretariat in Udi?

Why would Ugwuanyi build Secretariat in Nsukka?

What are u hailing exactly?
Take it easy bro. It's obtainable in some other States in Nigeria. Asaba is the capital of delta but they also have govt house annex in warri. It's a welcomed development

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Daguccizgreat(m): 4:46am On Nov 14, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

I think you should shut Up

One of the worst governors in the country can't deliver nada..

He ventures into unproductive things that will allow him loot..

I recently visited Enugu and the city is a shadow of itself...
Which part of Enugu did you visit ogbeni ? Una go just come online they yarn rubbish

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by eaglechild: 4:57am On Nov 14, 2019
Ugwuanyi is a colossal failure
The secretariat in the capital is uncompleted and has been left abandoned for 5 years now, yet he goes to Nsukka to start a new one.

What is really wrong with this man?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Putin1(m): 4:58am On Nov 14, 2019
[quote author=Awol1 post=83998389]This man has left the things he should do to build Secretariat in Nsukka.

For what exactly?

Tell this fool to work on the road from New Market flyover to Abakpa junction.

Tell him to stop doing patch patch on roads and reconstruct the roads.

Tell him to call his fellow fools from Nsukka that he parked into VIO to order to stop harassing people.

[I see mumu here.]
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Sayboy: 4:59am On Nov 14, 2019
We specialize in writing CV for employees seeking managerial roles.

We have mastered how to talk numbers and communicate your achievements.

If you have over 7 years experiences but you're struggling to land interview invites, let's help you.

We will creatively design your CV for that Managerial role you're applying for.

Contact 08132145325 (available on WhatsApp)

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by udeze2000: 5:00am On Nov 14, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Is a crime to build a Secretariat at Nsukka.

He wants to move development all round.
If he wants to move development all round then he must build Secretariat in the 3 zones in Enugu State.
The Governor is not for Nsukka people alone
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by udeze2000: 5:09am On Nov 14, 2019
Chidexter:

Obviously, its you who's whining.,.
No one is laying comparisons here. no government can please everyone, you can complain of ogui road, but the road leading to opi from ugwogwo nike is actually well built. its the contractors and the governors right hand men i blame. take for instance, the aku road and parts of ameze is currently under construction as soon as they heard the governor is coming to supervise.
All these roads you're mentioning are all in Nsukka zone (opi,aku)
What about other zones in Enugu State.
Tthere is a conscious underground effort to develop Nsukka massively and prepare it for the coming of Adada state.
If not, why is the governor constructing another Secretariat in Nsukka what happened to Enugu City.
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Damian077: 5:48am On Nov 14, 2019
You are are correct. Nsukka deserved attention too. God bless Gburugburu
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 14, 2019
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10561325_img20191113wa0019_jpeg89e45318a38e7c4f2f1442dc5b6c41ee

no one from the east should open their mouth to point at lagos after this. look at the project site looking like a lower case market construction site. looks like a building that will collapse any minute. no hard hats or safety signs. look at the rickety stair case they are climbing

and this is being overseen by the number one citizen in the state
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by ba7man(m): 6:27am On Nov 14, 2019
stanisbaratheon:
Na wa o. See how these men are risking their safety by walking on that wooden board. They can't even erect a scaffold for a project of this magnitude.
Exactly my thought.

A whole Govt project and it's bamboo scaffold they choose to use.

The construction already smells of cost cutting at the expense of professionalism.

They couldn't even use Marine boards for the columns and beams.
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 14, 2019
bluefilm:

Lemeleke onye yegeyege ha.

D'anyi kitikpa rashimegi enya.

Onye era.

Enwegum time to waste on bluefilm.

Vuru onwegu jegude
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Sensenan: 6:37am On Nov 14, 2019
Chimaroke came and move development to Nkanu, Sullivan came and opened up may roads in Enugu metropolis and now Ugwuanyi is opening up Nssuka and some people are complaining. Your Excellency don't mind them.. You are doing a great job.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by stanisbaratheon: 6:41am On Nov 14, 2019
ba7man:
Exactly my thought.

A whole Govt project and it's bamboo scaffold they choose to use.

The construction already smells of cost cutting at the expense of professionalism.

They couldn't even use Marine boards for the columns and beams.

So sad.

More so, shuttering is still attached to some part of the building which means that concrete has not fully gained strength and loading has already started.

.....and then we wonder why uncompleted buildings collapse.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by kkezie: 6:43am On Nov 14, 2019
i hope this is not a huge joke.
celeiyke:

Ode. Gburu gburu is d best thing to have happened to Enugu since creation of that state. Of u quote me, I am sure u know Enugu Ezike
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Meta4element(m): 6:49am On Nov 14, 2019
Taciturn1:
chai, bad mouth
Its the truth bro..Don't let the Media fool you..this man is the worst thing to happen to Enugu state.. Sometimes when I see people cursing Obiano and I remember this man..I will just keep shut..Am not from Enugu but I grew up there..most of my friends are from Enugu..The way they are always complaining about this man is not Funny..He hijacks everything for himself and his people...Go to Enugu state Secretariat.. Almost Everybody working there are from Nsukka..or should talk of MOT abi VIO?...All of them are in Enugu metropolis harassing people...Any little problem they will start shouting trying to remind you that they are the people in power...This is the same Thing Peace Mass transit is doing.. All his drivers are from Nsukka.. and they are very rude and lousy..Nobody is saying you shouldn't give work to your people or bring development to dem..but try consider other Zones..Cos while you are in Power..other zones are watching and Taking Note..

Seriously Am just pitying Nsukka people.. you might think Gburugburu is working but he's creating problem for you people..Cos after him am not sure A tipper of sand or gravel will enter Nsukka for next 16yrs..You can't just neglect other zones and expect dem to work for you when their Time comes

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by celeiyke: 7:08am On Nov 14, 2019
emyrald91:

Okpojo. You're almost a tout. Gburu Gburu, the first transgendered governor of Enugu

U are only but half educated as I am
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by kalvoken(m): 7:09am On Nov 14, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I now see you are paid to spoil the good works of Ugwuanyi.

Mr, stop that nonsense you are saying. Ugwanyi is really not doing anything in Enugu. Unless you are not from Enugu or you just chose to be unreasonable. Don't you see how old park(opposite zenith bank) has been decorated with refuses? Ugbene 2 is an eye sore. Those village theives in NSK town terrorising innocent people in the name of law enforcement nko.

Ordinary NOWAS, the traffic there is always frustrating. I wouldn't want to talk about how crazy the road that passed through abakpa market to Texaco is. Aside from that small kilometres of road he did in NSK. Tell me any other thing he had done that you are calling good work.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by kalvoken(m): 7:12am On Nov 14, 2019
ikpuchinonye1994:
what's your problem with gburugburu.in as much as he has not lived up to expectations, shows that you are a liar..I went to nsuka town recently, I saw roads that that he have built and some projects on going in nsuka town..
Same thing in Enugu city..

when Sullivan was in power, most of his works were in Enugu town and UDI..Other places were neglected.

Oga show us any project going on in NSK TOWN. Mind you, I am from NSK
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by rozario01: 7:16am On Nov 14, 2019
You are just a bitter man what has peace a private business man employing his people got to do with this all i see in your writeup is hatred towards the poeple of nsukka and trying to cause enemity in a peaceful state like enugu i think you should chanel your energy to something productive cause hatred kills
Meta4element:

Its the truth bro..Don't let the Media fool you..this man is the worst thing to happen to Enugu state.. Sometimes when I see people cursing Obiano and I remember this man..I will just keep shut..Am not from Enugu but I grew up there..most of my friends are from Enugu..The way they are always complaining about this man is not Funny..He hijacks everything for himself and his people...Go to Enugu state Secretariat.. Almost Everybody working there are from Nsukka..or should talk of MOT abi VIO?...All of them are in Enugu metropolis harassing people...Any little problem they will start shouting trying to remind you that they are the people in power...This is the same Thing Peace Mass transit is doing.. All his drivers are from Nsukka.. and they are very rude and lousy..Nobody is saying you shouldn't give work to your people or bring development to dem..but try consider other Zones..Cos while you are in Power..other zones are watching and Taking Note..

Seriously Am just pitying Nsukka people.. you might think Gburugburu is working but he's creating problem for you people..Cos after him am not sure A tipper of sand or gravel will enter Nsukka for next 16yrs..You can't just neglect other zones and expect dem to work for you when their Time comes

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by rozario01: 7:19am On Nov 14, 2019
You are not from nsukka cause if you are you wont be asking this sily question
kalvoken:

Oga show us any project going on in NSK TOWN. Mind you, I am from NSK
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by BilltheDON(m): 7:20am On Nov 14, 2019
Ok

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by leochuks1990(m): 7:29am On Nov 14, 2019
Captainmudi:

You this fool, when did we conduct this census. Onukwu igala
I dont understand what has happened to our manners... people can not come together and discuss intelligently without using curse words... the young man backed his claim with statistics... all you had to do was explain yours intelligently and maybe back your claim with figures (if need be)... but you had to decend so low as to use curse words.... how did we arrive here cry

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by holysina(m): 7:33am On Nov 14, 2019
ikpuchinonye1994:
what's your problem with gburugburu.in as much as he has not lived up to expectations, shows that you are a liar..I went to nsuka town recently, I saw roads that that he have built and some projects on going in nsuka town..
Same thing in Enugu city..

when Sullivan was in power, most of his works were in Enugu town and UDI..Other places were neglected.
Sullivan did what in UDI? The man neglected UDI till a few months to vacate power and he constructed the road from agbudu to ahia manya, and the one from his father's compound to UDI station. The man practically focused in Enugu ciry . Sullivan cant even win any election in UDI like chimaroke is been worshipped in nkanu

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by bluefilm: 7:34am On Nov 14, 2019
Awol1:

Enwegum time to waste on bluefilm.

Vuru onwegu jegude

Era ji gi.

Anu oshua.
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Reference(m): 7:46am On Nov 14, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Is a crime to build a Secretariat at Nsukka.

He wants to move development all round.

How does building a secretariat move development all round. All it will do is sink an already stranded government purse by runaway cost of governance in staffing and operating such offices.

I have always told folks like you that for Nigeria to move forward it has to be run like a business with purpose and profit in mind. It has to identify profit centres not cost centres and invest in them. It has to put its resources where it can add real value to society.

As what a man spends his money on determines what his future will be also applies to government. A responsible government can spend the same amount he is spending on that office (yes it is an office block, no more) on income generating assets that will naturally pay for any administrative structures.

Are there no enterprises in Nsukka that goverment can sponsor or are there no entrepreneurs in Nsukka that goverment can partner. This is how goverment affects the common man and generates income in a win win situation.

But when Nigerians accept that job 'creation' means government employment then they should realise that taking the money of the many and giving it to the few isn't exactly development.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by chiol: 7:51am On Nov 14, 2019
kalvoken:

Mr, stop that nonsense you are saying. Ugwanyi is really not doing anything in Enugu. Unless you are not from Enugu or you just chose to be unreasonable. Don't you see how old park(opposite zenith bank) has been decorated with refuses? Ugbene 2 is an eye sore. Those village theives in NSK town terrorising innocent people in the name of law enforcement nko.

Ordinary NOWAS, the traffic there is always frustrating. I wouldn't want to talk about how crazy the road that passed through abakpa market to Texaco is. Aside from that small kilometres of road he did in NSK. Tell me any other thing he had done that you are calling good work.

I hope you know that the governor is not from Nsukka but from Udenu LGA. If you are talking of zones, Nsukka zone with 7 LGAs (not DCs) is the biggest in land mass and population.

In old Anambra state, we had Nsukka, Enugu, Abakaliki, Awka and Onitsha as the zones then. The old Enugu state had Enugu, Abakaliki and Nsukka while the current Enugu state is made up of the old Enugu and Nsukka zones. During Chimaroke's regime, he divided the old Enugu zone into two zones and left old Nsukka zone as one, except Isi-uzo LGA that he added to Enugu east.

The past two administrations not only abandoned the old Nsukka zone but moved the Nsukka ASUTECH campus (each of the old Anambra state zones had an ASUTECH campus then) to Agbani.

Now LGAs in Enugu east and west are trying to be equating themselves to Nsukka zone. I think it's high time the old Nsukka zone came together and take it's pride of place in the state, as it has the highest population.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by chiol: 7:58am On Nov 14, 2019
holysina:

Sullivan did what in UDI? The man neglected UDI till a few months to vacate power and he constructed the road from agbudu to ahia manya, and the one from his father's compound to UDI station. The man practically focused in Enugu ciry . Sullivan cant even win any election in UDI like chimaroke is been worshipped in nkanu

UDI is a LGA like Udenu LGA where Ugwuanyi hails from. If Sullivan didn't work in Udi, he worked in Enugu. The same way Ugwuanyi is not working in Udenu but in Nsukka

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 14, 2019
Reference:

How does building a secretariat move development all round. All it will do is sink an already stranded government purse by runaway cost of governance in staffing and operating such offices.

I have always told folks like you that for Nigeria to move forward it has to be run like a business with purpose and profit in mind. It has to identify profit centres not cost centres and invest in them. It has to put its resources where it can add real value to society.

As what a man spends his money on determines what his future will be also applies to government. A responsible government can spend the same amount he is spending on that office (yes it is an office block, no more) on income generating assets that will naturally pay for any administrative structures.

Are there no enterprises in Nsukka that goverment can sponsor or are there no entrepreneurs in Nsukka that goverment can partner. This is how goverment affects the common man and generates income in a win win situation.

But when Nigerians accept that job 'creation' means government employment then they should realise that taking the money of the many and giving it to the few isn't exactly development.

U took the words out of my mouth.

Nsukka as a whole crawl like snail.
That town don't have any single govt presence except the university.
I once entered a bus to nsukka when I was schooling with one mama beside me. She was going to visit her daughter in boarding school.
She said, there is still no change, everything is still the same as I left here. Except bank buildings, no development whatsoever in that dead town.

I can tell u why they don't develop. Because they are very hostile to strangers. Very diabolical people. People from all parts of igbo land that passed through that school whenever they hit money, none, I mean none will want to go and invest in nsukka.

Their govt also has refused to attract investors there.
It should be a city like nnewi. Very wonderful town. Some part of the town people are even regarded as osu. They are marginalised and treated as as animals. Zik tried for that town yet nobody from there has picked up after him.

See peace mass transport. What has he done for his people except organising football matches and one small hall he built in the university?

Hatred is embedded in their system like water.

Govt is building secretariat annex. Is that what that town need?
Nigerian govt always building houses up and down.
Shiòòr
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by chiol: 8:05am On Nov 14, 2019
udeze2000:

If he wants to move development all round then he must build Secretariat in the 3 zones in Enugu State.
The Governor is not for Nsukka people alone

Enugu state is made up of old Enugu and old Nsukka zones.
Re: Pictures From Construction Of Enugu State Secretariat Annex, Nsukka by koolbe(m): 8:08am On Nov 14, 2019
Enugu has gone to d dogs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: We Will Demolish Lekki Houses Built Without Government Building Plan / Why Security Forces Can't Find Bandits Gumi Located - Adamu Garba / Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.