Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos (51852 Views)

Border Closure: Customs Intercepts Rice Smugglers In A Bush (Photos) / Customs Intercepts Military Hardware, Bulletproof Cars Worth 1.2Bn At Ijebu-Ode / Customs Intercepts 18 Exotic Cars, Including 3 G-wagon & 4 Lexus, In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Heffalump(m): 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
decatalyst:

Oh boy, the way things dey go for this country ehn, nah fried fish and garri we go take do Christmas.

Rice is super expensive and frozen foods can't come in either.

Next level go hit our pots this Christmas grin

Even local fowl no dey Waka about anyhow again grin

Stop being lazy. We Nigerians should learn how to feed ourselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by pharmagba: 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
ultravires:
This is actually a huge loss for those concerned.

Meanwhile mini portable USB Rechargeable Hand Fan available in large quantities.

This fan works as a power bank. So you can charge your phone or power bank while taking advantage of cool air.

The battery lasts upto 4-5 hours(depending on the speed)

Price is just N1, 500.
Number @signature
Bros, is this made in Nigeria or it was smuggled in. grin
It high time we start vetting everything

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by realestniggah: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2019
xaggar:

Go read the definition of import and export before you type trash!

The goods were coming into Nigeria (that is import) and not headed for South Africa (which would have been an export).

You must have thought you wrote something that made sense but you just exposed your level of literacy: which infact is placed on ss1.

Actually the article doesn't state whether it an import or export.. I don't know where you got that from.. People on this thread assume it an export out of the country and that was what I tired to address.
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by pharmagba: 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2019
GENEGIRIA:

Do you have evidence to buttress your claim?

Give reason Ghana and GUTA, that don't have border with us are agitating daily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by MATBILL10(m): 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2019
Good for the importers of those frozen foods.
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by DaddyMorenike: 7:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
ultravires:

Meanwhile mini portable USB Rechargeable Hand Fan available in large quantities.

This fan works as a power bank. So you can charge your phone or power bank while taking advantage of cool air.

Price is just N1, 500.
Number @signature
Abeg make I give you 200naira.
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by nedekid: 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
shortgun:
This border issue is just to make Christmas difficult for Christians.
They will open January next year.
People are not thinking deep.
Obviously our poultry production cannot meet the demand. Who benefits from this, those that move with cows. You must eat cow meat! Even if you do not want ruga, you must eat meat. Nigeria is the only country in the world where beef is not sold per kilo. Why? Google other countries there is advarage price of beef per kilo.
Well, I hope the boarders are also closed to the Fulani herdsmen bringing their cows all the way from Mali, Chad etc in to Nigeria.
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2019
FriendNG:
The Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) Command and the Murtala Mohammed Area Command (Cargo Section), both of the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) has revealed that N68.9million frozen products smuggled through the airport due to the border closure policy of the Federal Government, has been seized.

This was disclosed, on Tuesday, at a joint press briefing between the Customs Area Controllers of the MMIA command and Muritala Muhammed Area Command, comptroller Adewale Adeniyi and comptroller Lena Oyama respectively.

It was gathered that 40 cartons of the poultry products were intercepted on a South African Airways flight while 104 cartons were abandoned on the tarmac of the terminal.

Speaking to journalists on Tuesday in Lagos, the Controller of MMIA, Comptroller Adeniyi said the seizure was as a result of the border closure because the seizure was the first of its kinds in the history of the airport commands.

According to Adeniyi, “on the night of 10th November, 2019, following the discharge of cargo from a South African Airways flight 5A060 from Johannesburg, our Tarmac operatives intercepted a consignment which were indicated as perishables, and are therefore qualified for pre-release at the cargo wing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/border-closure-n68-9m-frozen-chicken-pork-intercepted-at-lagos-airport/amp/

Shoprite chicken shocked

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by pharmagba: 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2019
realestniggah:
See as y'all jump into conclusions on this thread . Because it was south African airway doesn't mean this has anything to do with South Africa.. We don't know where the flight was headed.. We don't who facilitated the importation of these chickens....let say these chicken are headed to South Africa I'm sure it wasn't imported by a South African..the last place south Africa will import chicken from is Nigeria.. There are no shortage of livestock in SA.. If these were crude oil it would be understandable.. But these are chicken that are headed to neighboring west African countries.
Why are you saying nonsense.
Did you read what you posted, so incoherent.
The report says

It was gathered that 40 cartons of the poultry products were intercepted on a South African Airways flight while 104 cartons were abandoned on the tarmac of the terminal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Godons1: 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2019
shortgun:

Na only you be Christian for this Country?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Godhatesodomy: 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
Wow
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by realestniggah: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
pharmagba:

Why are you saying nonsense.
Did you read what you posted, so incoherent.
The report says

And so?
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by themaestro08(m): 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
comradewanle:
so south africa is also feeling the heat.
which heat if I may ask? If you are referring about border closure then you are probably deluded and to some extent have no idea of what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by emkz: 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
Well done to the gallant Customs personnel. One of the best decisions Buhari took was to appoint Hamid Ali CG of customs.

It needs to be checked if importation of frozen items are banned so that the NCS can impose fines on South Africa Airways and arrest the owner of the frozen items.

Well done men and women of Customs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by victorian(f): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
Government is doing something good by closing the border.

But my greatest concern, is our finished products in rice.

I bought Nigerian rice three days ago to cook jollof rice but alas it was stones I was eating in most dips. angry

I angrily threw away the pot of rice! It's very very annoying and the rice is so expensive compared to imported rice.

Who do us like this? angry

To eat Nigerian rice now dey fear me!

Government will come in to set things right. Nigerians in the farming sector will foolishly hike the price, even its glaring fertilizer is not that expensive. They will come up with rubbish products! Expect consumers to pay more and eat rubbish!

Abeg who made us this wicked and heartless?

And on Sunday, u see them rushing to church and mosques.

Smhhhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by victorian(f): 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
angry

A time will come, if this wickedness no end. Nobody will buy your rice. We will look for other alternatives!

Just watch and see. Be selling rubbish at ridiculous prices, later we will be screaming govt bad, and Na we bad pass! To ourselves again.!

My girl is meant to pay me 5k for services rendered, I told her when coming use 1400 to buy certain malarIa drug and give me the balance. This devilish girl with innocent face, thought the malarIa has entered my brain, so I don't know how to calculate change in money.

Do u know she pocket 1k and gave me 2,600 instead of 3600. I then checked the change its N2600! Babe come come! U gave me 2600 instead of 3600. Why? angry

Shefeigned ignorance and said oh! Sorry ma. I didn't know, she rummaged her purse and gave me the balance 1k.

Of all people she can cheat, Na me! Me!

Ha! God!

I don't see Nigeria getting better anyways. And she's just 19 years old!
We are worse than the government, looking for any avenue to steal and take advantage of people who trust them.

I shock for this girl I swear

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by FriendNG: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
realestniggah:
See as y'all jump into conclusions on this thread . Because it was south African airway doesn't mean this has anything to do with South Africa.. We don't know where the flight was headed.. We don't who facilitated the importation of these chickens....let say these chicken are headed to South Africa I'm sure it wasn't imported by a South African..the last place south Africa will import chicken from is Nigeria.. There are no shortage of livestock in SA.. If these were crude oil it would be understandable.. But these are chicken that are headed to neighboring west African countries.

Did you even read the original post at all? They want to smuggle the frozen stuff into Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Fatasy(m): 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
Local foul still dey waka useless waka,e get 2 whey I go kill useless kill,dem go climb fence con dey cry back of my window,if I catch them,
December don set[\b]
decatalyst:

Oh boy, the way things dey go for this country ehn, nah fried fish and garri we go take do Christmas.

[b]Even local fowl no dey Waka about anyhow again
grin

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by yommen: 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
decatalyst:

Even local fowl no dey Waka about anyhow again grin

It's all the Nigerian brand of rice that has stones. I bought some recently and it's not bad at all.
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by mukthar2000(m): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
South Africa, I have said it for long and I we still keep saying it that the stupid country most surely paid for their wickedness, Sai Baba pls make sure the boarder remain close till 100years, we ur people's are used to it already, Ghana and SA oyaaa let's go their.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by realestniggah: 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
FriendNG:

Did you even read the original post at all? They want to smuggle the frozen stuff into Nigeria.

Show me where it said so
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
ednut1:
We are a cursed nation. Rich men go chop am think say dem dey live life
You are the cursed on here bro.
Most of you just open your mouth to spew thrash, SMH.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Originalsly: 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
netpro:

The earlier Shoprite starts selling chicken bred in Nigeria, the better for them.

...the better for us. I always wonder why they were allowed to import and not source locally.
@ topic.... hmmm.... 40 cartons and 104 cartons of chicken values at 69 million naira. Really?
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by FriendNG: 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
realestniggah:

Show me where it said so

Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) has revealed that N68.9million frozen products smuggled through the airport due to the border closure policy of the Federal Government, has been seized.
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by yommen: 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
englishmart:
No reasonable government closes their bothers this way
We lack direction, especially now

China's boarder is closed. Their is among the fastest growing. Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2019
Na to open poultry now oo.. I get massive land who will develop it for jv make we start business
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by skedman(m): 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
shortgun:

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Okoroawusa: 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
nedekid:

People are not thinking deep.
Obviously our poultry production cannot meet the demand. Who benefits from this, those that move with cows. You must eat cow meat! Even if you do not want ruga, you must eat meat. Nigeria is the only country in the world where beef is not sold per kilo. Why? Google other countries there is advarage price of beef per kilo.
Well, I hope the boarders are also closed to the Fulani herdsmen bringing their cows all the way from Mali, Chad etc in to Nigeria.
Stale... You mates have passed this level of wailing few months back...abi u travel?

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by Flytime: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
Naija we hail thee undecided

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by oloriLFC(f): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2019
ultravires:

Price is just N1, 500.
Number @signature
wow! I never knew it worked as a power bank o. And my baby has spoiled the one I have. Very good product, I love it
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by BEATNEST(f): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
Customs need to change the customs guiding them the best they should have done instead of burning is fining
Re: Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos by ultravires(m): 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
oloriLFC:
wow! I never knew it worked as a power bank o. And my baby has spoiled the one I have. Very good product, I love it

It's sure a good product. I forgot to add that it also function as a torch light.

Sure you need to replace the one spoilt by your little cutie.. Order for one ASAP grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Okada Snatchers Nabbed, Beaten To Death And Set Ablaze In Abuja (Graphic Pic) / Uncle Beats, Injures Niece For Not Fetching Water In Onitsha (Disturbing Photos) / Four Bullet-proof Vehicles Hidden In A House In Ikoyi Seized By Customs. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.