Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) (45176 Views)

Tstv Begins Broadcast Of EFL Matches / NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by ayubaski: 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
after 20the minutes i put off my gen and went out, i was so so disappointed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by ecclize: 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
Kylekent59:
What if they had decided not to air it just like other stations?

Nigerians just like to exaggerate a situation with any slightest opportunity they see.

At least the match was aired. You guys should stop criticising them.
bros is like u didn't watch the match...
there is no exaggeration in all of this.. honestly it a big shame they broadcast that match i have never in my entire life seen something like that b4...
if they hadn't shown the match believe me we are use to it and it would had been better than that public disgrace...
i had to leave the viewing center after the first half..
imi believe if this happens in an European country there will be a protest the next day belief me

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Bobyro: 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
aro1:
If person watch that visuals twice in a week repeatedly,that eye go get cataract!
NTA is the true reflection of Nigeria.. That TV Station should go down in history as the worst television station in the history of mankind!
Lmao... The day I watched NTA last, I swore never again... The kin headache that day ehn

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Bbbwings: 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
Koralords:

Imagine Cyril stober is still in nta have know that guy since I was in primary sch
The guy still dey do news.
No young bloods at all

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by femicyrus(m): 11:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
they take everything NTA to the villa for editing before releasing to the public hence, they cannot successfully air a match live without errors.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by deen4real7902: 11:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
Kylekent59:

Nigerians just like to exaggerate a situation with any slightest opportunity they see.

People like you are the reason why Nigeria is still backward, mtweetch

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
The highlight is available on YouTube for those who care for a clear footage of the match undecided
Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
grin grin
Why didn't supersport cover the match?
Lemme guess. We closed our border to supersport to encourage "local production" of nta.
cheesy cheesy Oshisco. Patriotism does not breed professionalism after all.
Wetin you no get, you no get am be dat

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by zomoears(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
Kylekent59:

Settle for less mentality.
Make we manage am like that mentality.
Why did NTA Hussle for broadcast rights, only to make a mess of it?

Grow, young man. Do away with this mediocre thought process.

Been Murray Bruce tried to modernise NTA when he was DG, but mediocre thinkers thought he was moving too fast. Should NTA be broadcasting images that look like we are back in the 70's?

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 11:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
Freehuman:
After searching all the supersport channels and couldn't find any that aired the just concluded Super eagles vs Squirrel qualifiers I proceeded to search over 400 channels on DSTV one after the other to view the match as a patriotic Nigerian. I stumbled on one of the NTA CHANNELS (I don't even know the name) and I was disappointed to the core. I buried my head in shame.

But I'm sure of one thing and I'll bet my life on this assertion. Mike , Seyi , Ebuka and UTI who are all from the BBN which the older and conservative population criticize would have given a much better commentary (though they are not sport analysts). I've listened to them talk for minutes, impromptu , and they are in a class different from NTA sport commentators.

I can bet with my life that if Unlimited LA or Clarence Peters (both private directors under the age of 40 who started their careers as hopeless young men in a hopeless country)were given an opportunity to cover the match, they would have given us a better video and audio coverage. It's visible in the music videos the make which can compete with music videos in America and Europe.

These are people millions of Nigerians talk down on day after day including their non functional CAN and MURIC for promoting liberalism.

If after today an under 40 in Nigeria blames his contemporary for the backwardness of this country...

You shouldn't bet your life on it that Clarence would do a better job. Live coverage is a totally different ball game from what Clarence does. Clarence studied cinematography, and does film making, cinematography, and music video directing. None of these skills totally prepares you for live coverage aside camera handling.

If you doubt me, check for Clarence raw works before all the editing has gone into it. Film making also allows you retake shots, remove unwanted shots, and do video editing to clean out mistakes. It is like an actor who acts on stage and the one that acts in movies. The one that acts on stage does more because once he is in front of the audience, he can't afford to make mistakes or forget his lines while the one who does movies can make mistakes and retake his lines.

This is not to make an excuse for NTA, just to let you know that there is a difference between film making and live coverage.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
Koralords:

Imagine Cyril stober is still in nta have know that guy since I was in primary sch
is Cyril stober not doing well... u still got great minds there... blame the Nigerian govt that hasn't upgraded nta entirely...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by adidison(m): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
greatbrian:

Listen to yourself.... NTA is a national TV Nigerian official TV. It should be far better than channels etc. Come on man wake up its not a private company it's the nations

Are you minding that clown?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
thatigboman:
a good tv station should not have only 1 cameraman for a match, they should have at least 4
abi na even more than 4 self... DE just tried showing d match de weren't prepared for it... it's sad nta can't be like BBC owned by British govt

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2019
thatigboman:
it would have been better. They intentionally stopped DSTV from airing it
don't be ignorant caf has issues with media rights it hasn't been sorted out did u see under 23 on dstv make una no de carry fake rumors... dis match u watch today did u pay for it
Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
BluntBoy:

You shouldn't bet your life on it that Clarence would do a better job. Live coverage is a totally different ball game from what Clarence does. Clarence studied cinematography, and does film making, cinematography, and music video directing. None of these skills totally prepares you for live coverage aside camera handling.

If you doubt me, check for Clarence raw works before all the editing has gone into it. Film making also allows you retake shots, remove unwanted shots, and do video editing to clean out mistakes. It is like an actor who acts on stage and the one that acts in movies. The one that acts on stage does more because once he is in front of the audience, he can't afford to make mistakes or forget his lines while the one who does movies can make mistakes and retake his lines.

This is not to make an excuse for NTA, just to let you know that there is a difference between film making and live coverage.
enlightenment is good some pple just say things anyhow...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Koralords: 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
is Cyril stober not doing well... u still got great minds there... blame the Nigerian govt that hasn't upgraded nta entirely...
You right at least Ben Bruce tried during his time cos they where showing champions league and Priemiership then
Nta is just like everything in nija imagine the Abuja stadium the day I saw the pics of that stadium I was close to tears

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
Not surprising for a country ruined by nepotism, tribalism and quota system cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by PopeFlatino(m): 11:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
grin na im I dey look yeye people were been dey talk say Naija can survive without South African companies like ShopRite,DSTV,Mtn and co during d destruction period of xenophobia ..

I just dey laugh them...

Yes we have been surviving before ShopRite,I understand but u see the other two companies...No Nigerian company in telecommunication and cable broadcast can reach their level...never...and not under d present government..
Let them keep closing borders
Agboriotejoye:
grin grin
Why didn't supersport cover the match?
Lemme guess. We closed our border to supersport to encourage "local production" of nta.
cheesy cheesy Oshisco. Patriotism does not breed professionalism after all.
Wetin you no get, you no get am be dat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 12:04am On Nov 14, 2019
zomoears:

Settle for less mentality.
Make we manage am like that mentality.
Why did NTA Hussle for broadcast rights, only to make a mess of it?

Grow, young man. Do away with this mediocre thought process.

Been Murray Bruce tried to modernise NTA when he was DG, but mediocre thinkers thought he was moving too fast. Should NTA be broadcasting images that look like we are back in the 70's?

Who were the mediocre thinkers that thought he was going too fast.

Ben Bruce was there for 4 years. No one thought he was going too fast. As a matter of fact, the man that succeeded him, Iredia, did very well as well and is even adjudged the best DG NTA ever had.
Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Devops: 12:10am On Nov 14, 2019
BluntBoy:

Your IQ must be lower than the average room temperature I swear.. God!!

So you didn't get the message he was trying to pass by making reference to Calerence Peters.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 12:18am On Nov 14, 2019
Devops:
Your IQ must be lower than the average room temperature I swear.. God!!

So you didn't get the message he was trying to pass by making reference to Calerence Peters.

Your lack of education is very obvious. But, I will let it pass.

Now, tell me, what message was he trying to pass by saying Clarence would do a better job judging by the sort of videos he makes?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Cryptomoney(m): 12:26am On Nov 14, 2019
grin grin grin back to the tekno song Plenty greedy men oh plenty greedy men oh.. my country people

i wanted to spy the match but 1 mind say maintain. No add nija wahala join the one you get LOL

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Mrquote: 12:29am On Nov 14, 2019
[quote author=Rednaxelot post=84000468]The commentator even goofed by calling Alex Iwobi an Arsenal player.

NTA Commentator:

“Arsenal Striker, Alex Iwobi”

“Super Eagles 2 : 1 Nigeria”
[/quote
]
You saying this guy is not qualified even me way no dey watch ball for a long time knw say this guy have change club

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by ifyboy60(m): 1:04am On Nov 14, 2019
ecclize:

bros is like u didn't watch the match...
there is no exaggeration in all of this.. honestly it a big shame they broadcast that match i have never in my entire life seen something like that b4...
if they hadn't shown the match believe me we are use to it and it would had been better than that public disgrace...
i had to leave the viewing center after the first half..
imi believe if this happens in an European country there will be a protest the next day belief me

he sounds like an NTA staff doing damage control.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by ogunsj: 1:15am On Nov 14, 2019
I expect by tomorrow somebody should raise this national disgrace issue in the floor of the house or the senate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:21am On Nov 14, 2019
NTA has always been a disgrace. It did not just start today,it has always been like that since time immemorial.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by tonididdy(m): 1:30am On Nov 14, 2019
realestniggah:
Lmao shame.. 2019 and this is what we have to deal with.

I watched kaizer chief vs Orlando pirate last week on SABC 1 ( south African state own network) and it was just as good as DSTV,No difference with excellent commentary.

Let us keep decieving ourselves with giant of Africa.
Nigerians are in an economical mess but yet we pretend nothing is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Rolex66: 1:30am On Nov 14, 2019
That's what happens when you have an analog head honcho in Abj and a parochial liar as one overseeing proceedings in that ministry. .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by tonididdy(m): 1:32am On Nov 14, 2019
Mulatta:
NTA needs restructuring
. I don't think any administration since Obasanjo era hasn't pumped in as less than billions of naira to that TV station, yet see the outcome in 2019

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by tonididdy(m): 1:39am On Nov 14, 2019
This country is gone to the dogs, what you see on NTA is a true twinning reflection of Nigeria current predicament from decays over the years.

We are not giant of anything... Let's wake up to reality. In order to grow, you must first swallow your pride to admit one needs help.

In Africa, SAFL (south Africa football league) is the best. The turnouts every matches and HD quality of matches on TV is top notch (EPL standards). When I watch their highlight show on Blitz channel I am always stunned.

Nigeria has lost it... Our Leaders have failed and disgraced us internationally because the world is watching and reading of us.

Imagine the presidency and security repeatedly disobeying court orders even when bail conditions have being met, what then is the hope of a poor man who can't afford a lawyer and has being jailed illegally?

... What a shameful country, very soon a bill will be passed to jail or is it kill persons who speak against the government (they called it hate speech, PS: this will be the first out of Africa or anywhere in the world).

The next thing is to take internet away from the people. What did Nigerians do to deserve this.?...

Has God forsaken us?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) by Mikeangelo0433: 1:53am On Nov 14, 2019
The commentators were just calling all the players rock solid. There was no ingenuity with words at all the video quality was horrendous.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Umole Is Dead ( 'One Love' Leading Character) / TTT Is A Married Man - Ese Tells Bisola / Bbnaija: How Nigerians Reacted To Gedoni’s Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.