Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts (25433 Views)

Hacker Group, Anonymous Takes Down Glo Website / Instagram Takes Down Tatafonaija Account / Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Authoreety: 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
Dem yahoo yahoo no go like this at all
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
I just opened another account

Nah you go tire
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by styless(f): 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
Mogbe!!!
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Alvin212(m): 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
SaintHilary:
Ochuko help me hack facebook make i still bomb small na..Omotè no dey accept request for instagram again

Ochuko: bros Facebook worst o..As u bomb small Mark don tear am...e no go beta for dah guy bros..

(Dairy of itunes card yahoo boys)

Hahahaha
Baba you Sabi the story

Facebook dey kill account
When you're still editing your profile

Which way my guy

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by SweetPreeq(m): 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
Daviddson:
I wonder if Nairaland doesn't get ashamed of itself whenever it brings news of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram improvements and new features while itself remains the same for more than 14 years! cool

Nairaland features is as old as nta camera

10 Likes

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by optimus106(m): 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
Daviddson:
I wonder if Nairaland doesn't get ashamed of itself whenever it brings news of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram improvements and new features while itself remains the same for more than 14 years! cool
Why can't Nairaland have # and @ and the ability to block people from following you (at least to help that Michael who goes about opening new accounts every day to cancel people's posts, not to fully lose his sanity grin).

They are not thinking hard enough to advance themselves...

1 Like

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by fabuloz1(m): 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
who still use facebook account? who still use facebook account?
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by SammyJac(m): 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
Nigeria still has a very long way to go. The visual quality of that match is nothing but a travesty
and the commentators didn't help matters either. Too bad!
SweetPreeq:

Nairaland features is as old as nta camera

1 Like

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by SweetPreeq(m): 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
SammyJac:
Nigeria still has a very long way to go. The visual quality of that match is nothing but a travesty
and the commentators didn't help matters either. Too bad!

Me I kuku mute the TV

I cannot come and die o
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by martowskin1(m): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
Daviddson:

Why can't Nairaland have # and @ and the ability to block people from following you (at least to help that Michael who goes about opening new accounts every day to cancel people's posts, not to fully lose his sanity grin).

Imagine using Naira symbol as part of the logo of Nairaland as if it's a currency trading site. embarassed

When a competition come now, seun will start running up and down

5 Likes

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Nosa111(m): 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
Wetin Dey happen! How many people Dey the earth �
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
Daviddson:

Imagine using Naira symbol as part of the logo of Nairaland as if it's a currency trading site. embarassed

Shots fired!!!

1 Like

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by DjClassik: 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
SaintHilary:
Ochuko help me hack facebook make i still bomb small na..Omotè no dey accept request for instagram again

Ochuko: bros Facebook worst o..As u bomb small Mark don tear am...e no go beta for dah guy bros..

(Dairy of itunes card yahoo boys)
Fbs available for sale
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
A305:
Funny because as they taking down fake accounts, New fake onces are springing back up same day. Only one person can create 5 fakes accounts in one day so this isn't news. CHEAP SIENNA down my sig
They could start introducing harsh verification details e.g zip codes, addresses, phone numbers. And they may start monitoring IP addresses and MAC addresses. It would be harder to cheat the system if that is done.
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by SaintHilary(m): 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2019
tojahh:
Waiting on slawomirr to come tell us if they are a real nigarrrr
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tojahh ma pa mi na grin

1 Like

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by OluwasureGig: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
seunmohmoh:
I tried to enter the account I opened years back with fake details and they told me I can't access anymore. Lol. I'm surprised people still use Facebook honestly .
do you like guys that like you back cos I like you grin
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by hunterezi(m): 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
Daviddson:

FATALITY!!

1 Like

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by AkwalaIke1: 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
Daviddson:

[/s]
bullcrap
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by tojahh(m): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
SaintHilary:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tojahh ma pa mi na grin

Bros... That paddy matter get as e be grin

1 Like

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Rolly22(m): 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jestin:
who still uses Facebook If u know u know

Bros what's the way forward na?
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Rolly22(m): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
fabuloz1:
who still use facebook account? who still use facebook account?

Bros what's the way forward na abeg.
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by faithsystem(f): 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
please i really need help, someone hacked into my facebook account and has been fraudulent with it. i now have another account. please how do i block the account as i don't have access/password to it anymore?.

please i need urgent help as so many of my friends and family has been victim of the fraud. thank you
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by EkperemoEgbabi: 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
I wonder when seun osewa can have this kind of sense.
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by helinues: 2:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
Daviddson:

Do you actually really know the person behind the moniker in person? Just curious!
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by AkwalaIke1: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Do you actually really know the person behind the moniker in person? Just curious!
[/s]
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by manGODDED: 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
seunmohmoh:
I tried to enter the account I opened years back with fake details and they told me I can't access anymore. Lol. I'm surprised people still use Facebook honestly .
scarface..
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by wiseworld: 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
ogbetaNews:
Facebook removed 2.2 billion fake accounts from its platform during the first quarter of the year — nearly double the number it took action on in the prior quarter. The company says the increase is due to an uptick in automated attacks that create many accounts at once.

The company released the latest iteration of its Community Standards Report, which is meant to help the public understand how it is handling content moderation.

It’s one of a number of efforts Facebook has made at increasing transparency and improving its public image after a cascade of scandals, including Cambridge Analytica, Russian interference in the 2016 election, and its platform's role in spreading misinformation.

Its practices have been under increased scrutiny around the globe, including from politicians, some of whom have called for Facebook’s break-up and questioned how it moderates what is and isn’t allowed on its platform.

In the new report, Facebook revealed that it took down nearly as many fake Facebook accounts as there are real ones in the first three months of 2019.

It’s a huge jump. In the fourth quarter of 2018, Facebook took down 1.2 billion fake accounts, and the quarter before, 750,000. During the first quarter of 2018, Facebook took down fewer than 600,000 fake accounts.

Source>>>https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/facebook-takes-down-billions-of-fake.html

Whatever go to *ell Fcb ,twitter all the way ™
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by meobizy(f): 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
I wish one forum can do the same. It will reduce the number of active accounts from 2.3M to a mere 800.
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by wiseworld: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
Herrymax:
I just opened another account

Nah you go tire

OMG I can't stop laughing!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get 1gb With N500 On MTN / See Akure Mtn Office Today / OPPO A12 & A31 Launched in Nigeria: Features And Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.