Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,828 members, 7,802,648 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III (36698 Views)

Green Card Wahala.9ja Guy Wed 57 Years Old White Woman At Owerri Last Saturday. / When A Togo Girl Want To Scam 9ja Guy (screenshot) / See How This 9ja Guy Fvck This Lady Early Morning On Easter Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 6:54am On Nov 27, 2019
Chapter 1.

Never in my wildest dreams I thought I would move from school to school like a woman changing pads, cos I ought to have been rounding up but yet I am starting all over again, at 24, the year 2010, but one has got to take life as it comes, not every plan falls in place, not every goal is reached but it still doesn't stop one from believing and dreaming, as one still breathes its a fresh air for hope and a better day.

I got into my new environment a new and laid back man, casting the frat attitude aside cos if fence no fall, goat no go climb am, I needed no lecturer to school me on being wise and being in my very best behavior, so I had crossed my heart never to get myself related to anything cultism ever again or so I thought, I relegated myself to a jew man, a complete 48, and never to associate myself with anyone who was a cultists and coz in this environment, a private school at that, my very last bus stop and my last shot at getting a degree, I had to bring out the very best in me, from my heart of hearts and my soul of souls.

It was a private Uni in Ife, Osun State, and I had gotten my admission to study Mass Communication. The rules as at then were that 100 level students were to stay in the school hostel, while 200 level upwards were to live off-campus.

My very first day, after I had done the rigorous exercises that goes with registrations for a new student, where you had to line up behind a very long queue, do this and do that, while the people in charge tosses you from one place to another to get the signature of this person and that person, very annoying, stressful and tiring shitt, regardless one has got no choice than do whats needed to be done..

I located myself with the things I had brought from home to the school hostel and finally locating my room and got inside to meet three guys who were all younger than I was (but who age help), and had ourselves introduced and then I picked a spot, close to the door, and this is where another chapter of my life began hoping it would just go as I had anticipated.

The hostel I got assigned to was block 8, and it has 8 rooms, four on each side, more like a face me I face you apartment with four guys in every room, with this same block 8 turning out later to be well known on campus cos of things and havoc created by these certain 32 boys who later didn't just become friends but shared a bond and we became brothers, tho nothing good comes easy, so blood had to be spilled, prices had to paid to get to that level.

That very first night, cos of the kind of person I was, I wasn't satisfied with just knowing who my roommates where, I wanted to know who I shared the Block with, so I had to go banging from one door to another, just to make sure I see and know everyone, and then give myself a bit of a hint of how to handle myself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had gotten myself together and resumed lectures immediately, cos this time we ain't here to play, my motto was to stay far away from trouble and make my study my number one priority, after two weeks when more people had resumed and lectures were beginning to get intense, the HOD came in on a cold morning and insisted we got ourselves a Course Rep for the department, he said his job was to oversee but we were to do the picking ourselves, and four people had to be nominated while the rest of the class were to vote. In this particular class of mine, we had like 13 guys and about 83 girls, so we had ladies conquering this department in terms of their numbers which is mostly so in the most Art department, Theatre Art and Mass Comm the main culprits. While I did music in Delsu, there were more girls too but the guys weren't as scanty as it was in this new department of mine.

Four people were handpicked to stand up and I was one of them, and surprisingly after the voting, I was elected the Course Rep, I no go die, I took it with pride and assumed my duties with immediate alacrity. I was to take the day to day attendance and every student had to pass through me to get certain materials that involved the class, I was the link between the students and my HOD as well as other lecturers, but regardless students still had their own personal relationship with whichever lecturer they dim fit.

During this two weeks period, I had gotten acquainted with some other guys I presume my age range who without a doubt I knew this school couldn't have just been their first, tho mostly on assumptions, not till I spoke with these individuals one on one.

Now, I have a disability in my looks, and that is I look way younger than my age facially, I am just very fair in complexion with a very young face, there wasn't anything I didn't do just to change the looks, I remember quite well from my 18th year while my mates were growing beards, I wasn't getting any and was complaining really bitterly about it and when I always inquire what to do, I get things like,

"Go buy weed",
"Guy, rob spirit"
"Guy, mix Ogogoro and weed"

All the friends that gave me that advice my God is watching all of you, if I demand thunder for you people, they will call me wicked. I spent money on spirit after spirit, Igbo after Igbo, Ogogoro after ogoro, nothing still came, so I just finally gave up, but thank God now Sha, at 32 small don manage to come out under the jaw, the Lord is good., now I even appreciate my looks more.

So I get mistaken for my young looks a lot but now I take it as a good thing.

The second weekend after the resumption, on a Saturday hot afternoon, bored in my room watching movies on my laptop, I decided to move my legs. I came out remembered a group of guys I had conversed with briefly before, so I decided to go look for their room, I already knew their block which was directly opposite mine. There's this particular one amongst them, very fat, so till date I don't even know his real name cos the whole school calls him Jigga cos of his looks and he has the loudest bass voice I know, so as I stepped into the Block it was his loud voice that made it easy for me to locate his room.

I got there, knocked, the door wasn't locked but was slightly closed, so I forced my way in. The first person I saw was this little stature looking guy who's bonk was next to the door, had his laptop faced to him rapping skillfully to a song I never heard before which I later got to know it was his personal recorded song, he was so good at what he did I was in awe, before I brought myself back to reality, who later introduced himself as 6, who is the Young 6ix making waves in the music industry today, and then at the far end was Jigga and then Barry and Bj occupied the other two spaces.

Myself, Jigga, Bj, and Barry had gotten into a previous short conversation while 6 was the one I was seeing for the first time.

We started talking about stuff and you know how talk leads to talk, we started talking about school, and Barry made it known this wasn't his first school coz these three guys were facially matured with all the thick beard and said the school he's been in, and then Jigga and Bj goes to say the same mentioning the schools they had attended before this private Uni, so to set the record straight, I was like,

“Una own good na, na my third school be this"(Your story is cool, this is my third school),

And the next thing that visited my ears was

"Shut up abeg, see this small boy wan dey feel among"(Please shut it, the small boy wants to feel among) fired Bj

It touched me to my marrow, so I quietly said trying to control the already brewing anger,

"Guy no ever tell me to shut up again for your life, no go dey look this face, like this gan with all this beard I fit come senior you"(Guy, don't you ever tell me to shut it, and stop looking down on my young looks, I wouldn't be surprised if I were older than you),

This motherfucker took what I said personal, and he goes again,

"Na so una go just dey fabu up and down, abeg get out jor"( That is how you guys go about telling lies, please get out),

This time his voice had changed already raising his voice at me, and one thing about me I had seen enough bullshitt in my life, nobody scares me, especially when I am speaking my truth and talking from the heart, and that was when my anger ignited and I was trying to correct him, he brought out a driver's license and in it he was 22, with all his strong beard and I was 24 with not even a single strand.

"We no even be mate, see this small boy, I give you two years"( We ain't even mates, small boy, I am two years older), I fired,

And that was when he got aggressive picking offense for me calling him a small boy, and then forged forward holding me by my shirt, which the roommates had to quickly jump in before it could escalate any further. Then and there I had gotten enough insults from this dude and wasn't ready to swallow any further bullshitt,

"This shirt wey you hold so, if you no pay for holding my shirt, make I know wetin cos am“( You are going to pay for having the guts to hold me by my shirt), I thundered in anger, stepped out immediately and then went straight to get my birth certificate as proof to show the rest of them, the funny thing is I am far taller than this guy and even fleshier than he was, the only difference was his bearded face that made it look like I was far his younger Bro, offense I had already taken for dragging me by the shirt.

Jigga and Barry told him to apologize but his 'Ego' wouldn't let it 'Go', he refused something I had already told myself won't go unpunished.

"Guy, I no dey like talk too much, I no dey tolerate shit, I go clear your doubt" (Guy, I don't talk much, I don't take shitt, I am going to blow your mind), I calmly and confidently told him.

Not like I meant it as a threat, but a simple I am sorry would just kill how he had made me feel at that point in time,

"Omor abeg, nothing dey happen jor"(Nigga you ain't going to do nothing), he confidently fired back in a disrespectful tone.

A response I had taken very personal, without uttering another word, I left the room quietly and went to mine, with only one thing in mind, Bj.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Perkins1: 6:55am On Nov 27, 2019
Na me fess read amugrin
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 27, 2019
Bring ya head down o

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by FatherBona: 9:57am On Nov 27, 2019
That story is so good its bound to be copied and pasted somewhere
Especially the yung6 part.
Ride on chief

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by chrisking125(m): 11:05am On Nov 27, 2019
Ahhhhhj next!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by 2law(m): 11:39am On Nov 27, 2019
Ride on boss
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by diamondy: 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
Yes boss!
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
Chapter 2.

I wasn't angered by the things said back by this punk of a guy but definitely how he disrespected me and acted immaturely, and in truth I didn't know how to teach him a lesson, no matter how tiny it is cos if things like this aren't put a stop to it tends to brew bigger insults in future. I had told myself since he was wrong and a simple

'My guy no vex',

Which could have just killed the whole drama that had played earlier, and for a guy like me with the kind of orientation I had gotten in the past and I mean streetwise, it has eaten deep into me I don't let things like this go just like that when I get treated like shitt while all I was doing was to be very friendly as possible, and might not be the same day you had me messed up but be sure when I have your time, you will get what's coming for you, an attitude I finally learned to slowly let go off, one can't keep living life that way cos its not always about violence.

Now, the thing is how do I clear this guys disrespect to me was a misery I didn't know how to solve but I just knew whenever the chance presented itself, I was hell going to take it, and I am that kind of guy, if you disrespect me, hurt me, do something that really touches me then you got my whole day all messed up, mood changes, and I could spend the whole day hissing from time to time, unless something miraculously drags my attention away.

I sat on my bed thinking about nothing in particular and dozed off, only to be wakened by a tap on my back by Jigga, opening my eyes was him standing there with Barry,

"Guy make we go outside school, one woman like that Iya Ayo, make we just dey there drink make we settle you and Bj" said Barry

"Bro, I no dey play, I no get bierbier no mean say person go dey follow me yan balls, I swear down em no know me"(Bro, this ain't no joke, I have no beard doesn't mean I should be talked down on, I swear that dude doesn't know me), I replied and that's when I noticed the day had slightly gotten dark on glancing at my Nokia express music phone to see it was a few minutes to 7 pm.

"Bro, no reason am jor, we don even tire for am, I go find room outside school last last, I no fit do this hostel thing with all these small small boys abeg, guy wear clothe meet us for front of school"(Bro, let it go, we are already tired of him, I am going to look for a place off campus cos I can't stand these kids, dress up and meet us in front of school) Jigga said.

They left while I prepared, wore a clean top and a nice pair of trousers and a palm slippers then stepped out.

On getting there it was a full house, Jigga, Barry, Bj, 6, and a host of other guys I had been seeing their faces on campus but personally being together in a hang out for the first time. What was on the table were two big bottles of Chelsea dry gin and 3 bottles of plastic coke with everyone holding a disposable cup in hand.

I had gotten there quite a bit late with 6 already showing off his rap prowess, killing it with punch lines and rhyming with everyone one's name he knew sited in the gathering and he was doing it so effortlessly and without stress, letting everyone know as long as this school is concerned he was the rap king, without a doubt I saw pure talent but had no idea how big his dream was music-wise.

For most of the time, all we did was listen while he rapped on and on while the more he impressed the more we brought out our phones to record, clap and from time to time when he drops a rare punchline, you would here Barry and a few guys go,

" woooooo!, did you fuckkking hear that shi"

"Jesus!"

Each to their own exclamation, but the more you go tripping, the more he goes hard, more like some sort of motivation, he was truly a freestyle genius.

We had gotten so carried away with what was going on that Barry, Jigga had forgotten they were supposed to settle a dispute between Bj and myself, almost everyone had gotten tipsy on dry gin, I wouldn't say I was tipsy, maybe close but I can't blame anyone coz gin gets into the system more than beer, as a matter of fact, no one mentioned our dispute, everyone was just carried away by the effortlessly rapping 6, who basically rapped for almost the whole time we were there, and he enjoys his attention. From time to time myself and Bj shared weird glances at each other, but whenever our eyes met all he got was a mean look, while he gave me a dangerous smile in response, and I got his message, but all that triggered the anger which had built and piled up back in me.

After spending about two hours, we all decided to carry that highness, step back into campus and hunt the girls, operation go ye all and scope any babe you like with your highness, it mustn't waste.

We stepped back into campus about past 9 pm, guys were just echoing,

"Make we go love street"

Love Street is the street in front of the girl's hostel, in fact anywhere around the girl's hostel is love street with street lights mounted at strategic points and once it gets dark every night, you see guys dressing up and the only music you'll hear is

"I dey go love street"

And if you stepped out from 7:30/8 pm you have the whole place crowded and most people you see at different corners are in twos, a guy and a girl 90 out of 100, the remaining 10 would be a certain clique or group chilling at a strategic spot.

As we got to the school gate, I was behind Bj, I intentionally was walking behind him coz I still had that anger brewed in me, just as we had gotten off a better distance from the security post and guys already splitting up in cliques, I said

"Guy, you know say you Bleep up today"(Guy, you know you bleeped up today?) telling Bj in an angry tone,

"Guy abeg dey one side jor, nothing dey happen"(Guy, Bleep off, ain't nothing happening), he angrily said,

I didn't want to know what was giving him the confidence and I really didn't care either, and just as he was completing the statement what he got back was a straight punch to the mouth with all the strength my right hand could gather, being a bit tipsy and didn't know what my reaction would be, he had scampered to the ground, while I went straight for him without thinking twice, before Barry, Jigga and the closest guys to us rushed and drew me off him,

"Guy if you no get respect, I go teach you, that apology I for force am out of your mouth, your Gene"(Guy, if you got no respect for people, I'll teach you, I would have forced out an apology from your mouth, Bleep you) I said to him,

"Na me you rough handle like this, you go see" he replied, snapping his fingers and then dashed off.

What his plans were, I didn't know and I still didn't care, but I had gotten my relieve,

"Ken, I know say this thing go happen cos I observe your mood when we dey Iya Ayo shop"(Ken, I knew this was going to happen cos I saw it in your countenance while at that woman's shop) said Barry,

"Omor guy you dey Para oooo, you no dey forget something oooo, but guy e good as e don happen like this"(Guy, you don't overlook things, but it was good it happened this way) Jigga added with his baritone voice, wording it in a very funny way.

Other guys at the scene were trying to inquire what had transpired between us, but I left without giving anyone an explanation leaving Jigga, 6, Barry to help with it.

As I bounced off from the scene, taking my time and walking majestically, I had only one place in mind, and that's back to the Boyz hostel, right in the entrance of the boys hostel was a canteen handled by an indigene Yoruba guy by name Amazing, well that's what we knew him as, my intention was just to walk straight to my room, get my meal ticket and use the ticket to get food for the night.

Heading back I was watching my environment, the street leading to the boy's hostel had no street light, with thick bushes on both sides.

Just as I got to the middle of the road, I heard a voice saying

"Ohun ni, Ohun ni(meaning that's him, that's him in Yoruba)"

And before I knew what was happening I had been cornered by 5 guys, including Bj, making 6, then that was when it processed in my head the reason for his overconfidence all along, right there in the dark.

18 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Elvinho2244(m): 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
Moneysoldier007:
Hello everyone, I know you missed me but I missed you more.

Part of the reasons I stopped writing was cos I was seeing my story everywhere, blogs, websites and even here on Nairaland without reference to myself the original owner, but this time things are going to be different.

You heard me right, Moneysoldier is back and this time we are going real hard on this, get your popcorns, grab your seats, coz this is going to be one hell of a long, crazy ride, I am sorry I ain't giving hints but let's enjoy the ride together but all I am going to say is come share the joy, the pain and the tears with me.

I know most of my ardent readers aren't even active on Nairaland anymore, but just incase you know them, tell them and tell a friend to tell a friend that it is about to go down.

Officially the start up date is the 27th, so please my die hard followers, keep the thread busy while I pile up my updates. It is going to be how it's always been, updates Mondays to Fridays while I take the weekend off for myself.

Komek,
Doctorkush,
Adusco,
Alicapapaya,

I really can't start calling out the monikers unless I start going back to my old threads cos it's been one hell of a long time, 5 years if not more, a whole lot has gone down ever since.

For all yea bloggers who's been waiting for me to continue part 3 so you can copy and paste on your blogs congratulations, but at least, show me the respect I deserve.

See you all on the 27th.

Let's go Moneysoldiernation.

Welcome back, na to buy popcorn engine then grin
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by FatherBona: 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
You really don't have to translate your pidgin lines, its killing the flow.
Your audience are mostly Nigerians

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Elvinho2244(m): 10:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Moneysoldier007:
Chapter 2.

I wasn't angered by the things said back by this punk of a guy but definitely how he disrespected me and acted immaturely, and in truth I didn't know how to teach him a lesson, no matter how tiny it is cos if things like this aren't put a stop to it tends to brew bigger insults in future. I had told myself since he was wrong and a simple

'My guy no vex',

Which could have just killed the whole drama that had played earlier, and for a guy like me with the kind of orientation I had gotten in the past and I mean streetwise, it has eaten deep into me I don't let things like this go just like that when I get treated like shitt while all I was doing was to be very friendly as possible, and might not be the same day you had me messed up but be sure when I have your time, you will get what's coming for you, an attitude I finally learned to slowly let go off, one can't keep living life that way cos its not always about violence.

Now, the thing is how do I clear this guys disrespect to me was a misery I didn't know how to solve but I just knew whenever the chance presented itself, I was hell going to take it, and I am that kind of guy, if you disrespect me, hurt me, do something that really touches me then you got my whole day all messed up, mood changes, and I could spend the whole day hissing from time to time, unless something miraculously drags my attention away.

I sat on my bed thinking about nothing in particular and dozed off, only to be wakened by a tap on my back by Jigga, opening my eyes was him standing there with Barry,

"Guy make we go outside school, one woman like that Iya Ayo, make we just dey there drink make we settle you and Bj" said Barry

"Bro, I no dey play, I no get bierbier no mean say person go dey follow me yan balls, I swear down em no know me"(Bro, this ain't no joke, I have no beard doesn't mean I should be talked down on, I swear that dude doesn't know me), I replied and that's when I noticed the day had slightly gotten dark on glancing at my Nokia express music phone to see it was a few minutes to 7 pm.

"Bro, no reason am jor, we don even tire for am, I go find room outside school last last, I no fit do this hostel thing with all these small small boys abeg, guy wear clothe meet us for front of school"(Bro, let it go, we are already tired of him, I am going to look for a place off campus cos I can't stand these kids, dress up and meet us in front of school) Jigga said.

They left while I prepared, wore a clean top and a nice pair of trousers and a palm slippers then stepped out.

On getting there it was a full house, Jigga, Barry, Bj, 6, and a host of other guys I had been seeing their faces on campus but personally being together in a hang out for the first time. What was on the table were two big bottles of Chelsea dry gin and 3 bottles of plastic coke with everyone holding a disposable cup in hand.

I had gotten there quite a bit late with 6 already showing off his rap prowess, killing it with punch lines and rhyming with everyone one's name he knew sited in the gathering and he was doing it so effortlessly and without stress, letting everyone know as long as this school is concerned he was the rap king, without a doubt I saw pure talent but had no idea how big his dream was music-wise.

For most of the time, all we did was listen while he rapped on and on while the more he impressed the more we brought out our phones to record, clap and from time to time when he drops a rare punchline, you would here Barry and a few guys go,

" woooooo!, did you fuckkking hear that shi"

"Jesus!"

Each to their own exclamation, but the more you go tripping, the more he goes hard, more like some sort of motivation, he was truly a freestyle genius.

We had gotten so carried away with what was going on that Barry, Jigga had forgotten they were supposed to settle a dispute between Bj and myself, almost everyone had gotten tipsy on dry gin, I wouldn't say I was tipsy, maybe close but I can't blame anyone coz gin gets into the system more than beer, as a matter of fact, no one mentioned our dispute, everyone was just carried away by the effortlessly rapping 6, who basically rapped for almost the whole time we were there, and he enjoys his attention. From time to time myself and Bj shared weird glances at each other, but whenever our eyes met all he got was a mean look, while he gave me a dangerous smile in response, and I got his message, but all that triggered the anger which had built and piled up back in me.

After spending about two hours, we all decided to carry that highness, step back into campus and hunt the girls, operation go ye all and scope any babe you like with your highness, it mustn't waste.

We stepped back into campus about past 9 pm, guys were just echoing,

"Make we go love street"

Love Street is the street in front of the girl's hostel, in fact anywhere around the girl's hostel is love street with street lights mounted at strategic points and once it gets dark every night, you see guys dressing up and the only music you'll hear is

"I dey go love street"

And if you stepped out from 7:30/8 pm you have the whole place crowded and most people you see at different corners are in twos, a guy and a girl 90 out of 100, the remaining 10 would be a certain clique or group chilling at a strategic spot.

As we got to the school gate, I was behind Bj, I intentionally was walking behind him coz I still had that anger brewed in me, just as we had gotten off a better distance from the security post and guys already splitting up in cliques, I said

"Guy, you know say you Bleep up today"(Guy, you know you bleeped up today?) telling Bj in an angry tone,

"Guy abeg dey one side jor, nothing dey happen"(Guy, Bleep off, ain't nothing happening), he angrily said,

I didn't want to know what was giving him the confidence and I really didn't care either, and just as he was completing the statement what he got back was a straight punch to the mouth with all the strength my right hand could gather, being a bit tipsy and didn't know what my reaction would be, he had scampered to the ground, while I went straight for him without thinking twice, before Barry, Jigga and the closest guys to us rushed and drew me off him,

"Guy if you no get respect, I go teach you, that apology I for force am out of your mouth, your Gene"(Guy, if you got no respect for people, I'll teach you, I would have forced out an apology from your mouth, Bleep you) I said to him,

"Na me you rough handle like this, you go see" he replied, snapping his fingers and then dashed off.

What his plans were, I didn't know and I still didn't care, but I had gotten my relieve,

"Ken, I know say this thing go happen cos I observe your mood when we dey Iya Ayo shop"(Ken, I knew this was going to happen cos I saw it in your countenance while at that woman's shop) said Barry,

"Omor guy you dey Para oooo, you no dey forget something oooo, but guy e good as e don happen like this"(Guy, you don't overlook things, but it was good it happened this way) Jigga added with his baritone voice, wording it in a very funny way.

Other guys at the scene were trying to inquire what had transpired between us, but I left without giving anyone an explanation leaving Jigga, 6, Barry to help with it.

As I bounced off from the scene, taking my time and walking majestically, I had only one place in mind, and that's back to the Boyz hostel, right in the entrance of the boys hostel was a canteen handled by an indigene Yoruba guy by name Amazing, well that's what we knew him as, my intention was just to walk straight to my room, get my meal ticket and use the ticket to get food for the night.

Heading back I was watching my environment, the street leading to the boy's hostel had no street light, with thick bushes on both sides.

Just as I got to the middle of the road, I heard a voice saying

"Ohun ni, Ohun ni(meaning that's him, that's him in Yoruba)"

And before I knew what was happening I had been cornered by 5 guys, including Bj, making 6, then that was when it processed in my head the reason for his overconfidence all along, right there in the dark.

Oduduwa University right grin

4 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 6:48am On Nov 28, 2019
Chapter 3.

Did my mind beat faster than normal?, yes it did,
Was I a frightened?, maybe a bit but not like I was scared scared.

The first attack was a slap on my chest, it was Bj

"You abi", he said,

"Ni suru, ki lon she e na" (In Yoruba, calm yourself, what's wrong with you), another guy shoved him aside,

"Oya, da ke" (meaning keep shut).

While all this was going on, all I did was observe, I have been in this game long enough, whichever way this goes, I get hurt or not, I should be able to know my next move, so just incase things get crazy and out of hand, I know the weakest link to push through and save my life, if it gets to that point.

"Wetin this my padi do you? "(what was it my friend did ", one asked who sounded like the boss amongst them, cos every other person was mute while he stood right in front of me, face to face, confronting me.

At this point I already knew what's up, cos I played this game and I did it so well. Immediately I pulled the strings together, these guys were frat men quite alright, and from a few slang I already knew which one they belonged to, and who says private universities don't do cultism too. It is everywhere, as long as you have a gathering of youths.

Now, I didn't get surprised of how these guys had aligned themselves within just two weeks of resumption, but for guys into system, it's the easiest thing to do entering a new school or environment , if you still want to be part of the game regardless of wherever you had been practicing it from, all you need do is make your contacts, walk around, have a meet and then identify yourself and before you know it you have a full house right there.

As soon as he asked me the question, I already knew what was going on, and already gotten a clear message, Bj wasn't one of them, he only had one as a very close friend and during their conversations, most definitely a word like this must have been passed to him by this certain close friend of his,

"If anybody at all do you anyhow for this school, just let me know"

And that's obviously what just happened. Now how did I know so fast, and come to this conclusion this quickly, that's cos in the game, if you belong to a certain frat, it doesn't matter if you are wrong or right, once men align, fall out to go treat a certain Bleep up, once you have that person on sight, or cornered like I was, there ain't going to be any questions asked, I am gonna get fuckeddd up the way they choose or had planned , and if my crime is just to hurt me, and while doing what is it they are set out to do, that is when you'll get questions like,

"We wan know who you be
Who you be"

And this would be while my fuckkk up is being treated, and after what's done is done, you'll hear things like,

"Go call anybody wey you wan call, we dey wait" (Call anyone you know can fight for you, you are being waited for).

So Bj was only a friend, which made my mind more at ease, tho not completely cos anything can still happen, and the reason this approach is used is when they really want their friend to join the game, more like if you were part of us, we would have fuckeddd this guy up straight up, only in extremely rare situations they will come at you without any questions asked or confrontation of some sort, or in cases where you have been on their radar for quite some time and just looking for that golden chance to pounce on you.

I looked at the guy, and I explained to him while others listened exactly what had transpired, right from when I was in the his room, letting them know I wasn't going to just let it slip away just like that, cos I know what my eyes have seen and while I spoke, I spoke with so much confidence which gives one an edge in tight situations like this, cos in the rules of the game,

'The jonsing ones are treasures to the rugged ones' (meaning, the weak ones, ends up as an office for the more confident or rugged ones)

In the rules of the game, the ones who suffer the most are the ones about to be brought in the game or freshly into the game, if you're newly brought into the game, a lot of your brothers will have a go at you, will always want to have a one on one identification and orientation convo with you , not for the sake of it but knowing as a fresh man there would be a whole lot of things you wouldn't know thereby capitalizing on those flaws and extorting you off your valuables which could range from your phone, jewelries or whatever they feel is good enough for them to take, the only options you have is to get drilled,, buy brews or pay in cash, depending on who drags you to a corner and how street smart and hardened he is in the game and then you might just have to let those go and probably get new ones, with time no one will tell you to toughen up as well as getting a better know how of how the game works, things done to you you do to the ones before you and the circle goes on.

This situation I had found myself I had to show confidence and never exhibit fear, cos fear can easily be spotted, either by legs or hands shaking and a break and tension in your voice, but I was too street smart for it cos I know the game, since I was being outnumbered, I could leave their midst loosing my phone, the confidence throws the others off guard, making them ask themselves who you are and why you are so composed,

After my narration, the guy who stood in front of me with the confrontation, looked towards the direction of Bj and then said,

" Olohun o fuccck up, to ba fe wole, ko wole, ti o ba fe wole, ma ma wa ja, no to ri pe, o ro pe a ma wa ja fun en" (Meaning, to God you fuckeddd up, if you want to be a part of us then be, if you don't want to then stop looking for trouble just cos you feel we will come and fight for you " he said not knowing I understood Yoruba well, cos I was born and bred in Lagos.

" Guy, you get luck oooo, make I leave am like that " I fired back at Bj, right in the midst of his own saviors, it was all part of the game,

" Bro, abeg, nothing do you, dey go jor"( Bro, you did nothing wrong, you can go).

Now, what he just did was played with Bjs mind, this is one of the ways to break the defenses of someone who you are eyeing or nurturing to join your fraternity, making him feel miserable like the only way these guys can truly have my back is if I was part of them, and most of the time, a lot of young men fall for this, which at the end leads to destruction, all in the name of ruggedity, not like you become richer, or get a certain amount of salary weekly or monthly, and what people never know is, it's different from the outside, only when you become one, you will begin to discover things on your own that was hidden from you, even if you were going to be told anything while you were asked out the way a guy hunts a pretty damsel that catches his fancy, it will be sugarcoated, that's when it dawns on you what you've truly gotten yourself involved in, 'Who no go, no know'.

I got back to the boys hostel, just as I was about stepping into my block, I heard someone playing the Piano and singing alongside it, which just brought memories and shiver all over me, knowing this is what I used to do, one of my passions, something I really loved enjoy doing till I started drifting away ever since I left Delsu, and one thing about life, if you leave something, it leaves you, going back to that thing, the ideas would be clearly there but your skills would have become stall, you notice you are not good at this like you used to anymore, and it would take time and continuous practice to get back to that level you once were and it would be difficult to get back at that level especially when you have a lot of new things going on for you thereby not having that kind of dedication and time for it anymore.

I stopped immediately, and located the room and yet again, it was the same block as Bjs, as a matter of fact, directly opposite his room.

I knocked and without waiting for a response from the other end, forced my way in, seeing four different guys all at their strategic bonks, I introduced myself and asked what their names were , and then got talking to the one who was playing the Piano, he called himself Mister Sam, but I chose to call him MS, which he was perfectly cool with cos btw that was what almost everyone on campus knew him as.

I offered to play, cos it had been a while, telling him about how music use to be my thing in my former school, and this guy was passionate about music it showed in the way he played and sang, the only reason I wanted to play was to see if I still got it, I still was able to, but my fingers had gotten stiff and I was making too many mistakes on my scales and I couldn't even play all the keys anymore without making errors, unless a particular selected few, like the Key C, C #, F, and F #.

Finally I had gotten a new friend in MS, cos we had spoken a whole lot, things I can't begin to mention , just when I had decided to take my leave, get to my room and get myself my meal ticket, on stepping out was Bj, just stepping in into his block, and there we was, face to face, just the two of us and that was when I realized I had punched the left side of his mouth swollen, with the help of the passage light giving me a clear view, I burst into laugher, which infuriated him. My reason for laughing hard at him was his failed attempt at mobilizing a group of boys to beat me up,

"For your mind, you dey expect say by now blood for dey comot for my eyes, ears and mouth abi, na play you dey, Mugu" I teased, firing at him without remorse,

"Guy, you fuckkk up, you no suppose do me like that for front of school" he replied angrily, pointing a finger to my face

"Ogaaaaaa, focus ooo, no let your finger enter my ears ooo, be like you wan chop another round " I said, shoving his finger off my face,

And the short man that he was , began pushing his chest against mine, as we were going back and forth, guys on hearing the noise had already started stepping out to see the new drama,

"You dey find person wey go kill you this, night abeg go lick soup", I said,

Took myself out of the equation and headed straight to my room, I had gotten my revenge and that was that, ain't no need going back on forth on it.

"No worry, this thing wey you do this night, you go see, shey we dey this school together", he yelled behind as I left, while all I did was stretch out my arm and gave him the middle finger.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 6:58am On Nov 28, 2019
Get the rest of today and tomorrow's updates on my official fb page and Twitter handle,

https://web.facebook.com/pg/Kennyms007-The-Confessions-of-A-Rough-Rugged-and-Raw-9ja-Guy-Series-101616044643390/about/?ref=page_internal,

@Kennyms007

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Gabbyraze(m): 9:56am On Nov 28, 2019
Damn damn damn, this is hot....welcome back G,u have done well...we dey ur back gidigba
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by mcdreeezy: 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2019
Moneysoldier007 we're still waiting for updates on Twitter oh cool
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by midetinz(m): 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2019
Nice one MoneySoldier.
Your narrative dexterity is still as usual.
Kudos
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
mcdreeezy:
Moneysoldier007 we're still waiting for updates on Twitter oh cool

Available now
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
midetinz:
Nice one MoneySoldier.
Your narrative dexterity is still as usual.
Kudos

Smiles, thanks, you no doubt again if na the real MS or not abi, I don clear the doubt??
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
Updates available on Twitter and fb page
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by arbass(m): 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2019
MS! The exceptional raconteur. I hail
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by mcdreeezy: 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2019
Moneysoldier007:

Available now
Confam
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Akem12: 12:24am On Nov 29, 2019
Link to the Twitter
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Elmuphasa: 4:26am On Nov 29, 2019
Nice one
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by liljboy(m): 9:58am On Nov 29, 2019
Moneysoldier007:

Namesake I see you, nice one.
after 5years you don forget your man na... Check your mentions on the first thread.

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by LyfeJennings(m): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2019
The first time I read your story
Life was hard for me
It was one of those threads that kept me going
What took U so long to come back
Anyways welcome back

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2019
liljboy:
after 5years you don forget your man na... Check your mentions on the first thread.

Lmao, how far Bro, buzz me with the number on my signature

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
LyfeJennings:
The first time I read your story Life was hard for me It was one of those threads that kept me going What took U so long to come back Anyways welcome back
Bro, this one torrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssch me.
Your comment gladdened my heart.
I dey with you now, not going away for that long again.
Make sure you follow me on Twitter and my official fb page

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2019
Update available on Twitter
https://twitter.com/Kennyms007/status/1200466346607292417?s=19

And my fb page.

See you here on Monday
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by LyfeJennings(m): 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2019
Moneysoldier007:

Bro, this one torrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssch me.

Your comment gladdened my heart.

I dey with you now, not going away for that long again.

Make sure you follow me on Twitter and my official fb page

I changed monikers so U prolly won't remember me and we chatted on WhatsApp a couple of time
Life is good now
Everything GUCCI now

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Moneysoldier007(m): 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2019
LyfeJennings:

I changed monikers so U prolly won't remember me and we chatted on WhatsApp a couple of time
Life is good now
Everything GUCCI now

You won't blame me, so you owe me like how many creates of beer like this?
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by Isokoboy(m): 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2019
welcome back...i miss ya story oo
Re: Confessions Of A Rough, Rugged And Raw 9ja Guy (Me Against The World) III by LordNicvuitton(m): 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2019
Money Soldier, I'm a loyal fan, now and always. pheew! 2013-ending of 2019 isnor beans oo. I've pitched my tent..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Duncan Daniels Proposes To His Girlfriend On Kenyan Safari / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! / (picture) WOMAN Gets Married To Herself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.