Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype (6390 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / How Do I Confront My Husband About This Issue? / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 14, 2019
I'm getting married this weekend and my husband to be doesn't know about my genotype. I'm SS but lied to him that I'm AS, he is AA.
I don't look like SS neither do I fall sick( I sick once or twice a year),and I'm not on any medication as well.
My doctor and friends advised me not to tell him because of different heartbreaks that I have experienced in the past ( people believe SS dies prematurely).
I have plan to tell him on our wedding night but my friends insist I should wait till I give birth.

Please help me, I don't know the right time to tell him and I don't want to build my marriage on lies.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Donald95(m): 7:32am On Nov 14, 2019
Don't tell him. Even after child birth, don't tell him. If you do, he will feel manipulated and his perspective towards you will change and also the love will reduce wella. If later in future he finds out, Blame it on the the doctor that did the first test cool . Afterall, Abraham lied that Sarah na his sister in other to avoid trouble cheesy

By the way, your description says that you are truly AS. Because one of the ways to know them is that they hardly fall sick (Malaria) and they are resistant to cold. Go and do another test somewhere else

Fountainofyouth:

Mister man, be guided, Abraham lied to the King and everyone around but not to his wife, this evil woman want to keep something vital and important from her would be husband, so where is the correlation here? Why would you tell her not to tell him? How would you feel if this happens to you or your relatives and siblings?

Calm down and take a chill pill, He is AA and both of them can work.

Let op try not to make lying part of her

10 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by internationalman(m): 7:44am On Nov 14, 2019
you should have told him long time ago since he is AA it's medically recommended for you guys to marry..

now you risk losing hm if you tell him.... for lack of trust..

I hope you don't have another man's pregnancy you are taking into the marriage..

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by tolugar: 7:46am On Nov 14, 2019
Tell him now

Or

Forever keep your silence.

But

One day you will be sick and in hospital and a test will be done

And

It will show SS.

Now that will be betrayal and heart break and most importantly he will hate and distaste you.

So I will tell you to tell him

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Mariangeles(f): 7:47am On Nov 14, 2019
damilare214:
I'm getting married this weekend and my husband to be doesn't know about my genotype. I'm SS but lied to him that I'm AS, he is AA.
I don't look like SS neither do I fall sick( I sick once or twice a year),and I'm not on any medication as well.
My doctor and friends advised me not to tell him because of different heartbreaks that I have experienced in the past ( people believe SS dies prematurely).
I have plan to tell him on our wedding night but my friends insist I should wait till I give birth.

Please help me, I don't know the right time to tell him and I don't want to build my marriage on lies.
This is very risky.
You want to build your marriage on the foundation of lies ?

10 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Sanchez01: 7:51am On Nov 14, 2019
damilare214:

You've gotten yourself into trouble already. Isn't it ironic that a man who ought to be your best friend is missing out in this while strangers know already?

Sadly, you already built the foundation of your relationship on falsehood and deceived an innocent person just because you thought he wouldn't stay if he found out the truth.

You should have told him the truth from the get-go. It is possible he could have remained with you despite the revelation but keeping it this long is already a bother. In the end, you just might have yourself drawn into an unnecessary meeting between both families over something you could have let out long ago.

Plus, I'm wondering why he believed you without a proper check at a laboratory or a hospital. Religious houses mandate this stuff to prevent stories that touch the heart later in the nearest future. So, save you are atheists, it should have been a part of the tests you did, if at all you did any. The issue of and STD/STI and geno tests ought to be the next step after any conviction.

A possible scenario of what will play out:

1. Tell him before the wedding and he might call of the wedding.
2. Tell him before the wedding and he might accept you for you are and pretend like it isn't an issue (very rare but possible).
3. Tell him on your wedding night and the trust he has for you is laid to rest from that night even if he decides to stay with.
4. Tell him on your wedding night and that ends the union as it is built in lies and falsehood. His family will most likely support him if it escalates.

Being an SS isn't a plague and it isn't a crime. You would have had your peace of mind if you came out clean from the very beginning but you didn't which presents you as selfish. Either way, it's safe to say you're in trouble. Whatever the outcome will be, trust as essential ingredient will fly out the window after he finds out. Medical issues shouldn't be withheld from a would-be partner.

16 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by kunlesufyan(m): 8:00am On Nov 14, 2019
You're SS, you're not on any drugs and you don't fall sick.
I think you should try the test again.

Let's hope your husband is able to forgive, what you did is not nice to your unborn kids. I pray he does

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Mood11: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2019
Na wa ohh.

So your friends know and over a million nairalanders are also getting to Know what your husband to be doesn't know.

Fear women mbok shocked

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Sanchez01: 8:11am On Nov 14, 2019
Mood11:
Na wa ohh.

So your friends know and over a million nairalanders are also getting to Know what your husband to be doesn't know.

Fear women mbok shocked
Not to look like a gender ish, I strongly feel guys should pay attention to who their woman divulge information to. It's the same way some readily feed strangers with sensitive information about their lives in the name of an e-dairy while the person they're with is as clueless as Jon Snow.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Mood11: 8:13am On Nov 14, 2019
Sanchez01:

Not to look like a gender ish, I strongly feel guys should pay attention to who their woman divulge information to. It's the same way some readily feed strangers with sensitive information about their lives in the name of an e-dairy while the person they're with is as clueless as Jon Snow.
My brother this one perplexed me o shocked

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Rosarie(f): 8:13am On Nov 14, 2019
Tell him,if he loves you he will stand by you after all he is AS

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by bukatyne(f): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2019
damilare214:

Between the devil and the deep blue sea innit?

Whatever you do, don't tell him after the marriage.

You are not giving him a choice to decide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by bukatyne(f): 8:35am On Nov 14, 2019
Rosarie:

Don't you think the guy would feel betrayed?

This isn't about the guy's love (they are getting married) however her betrayal.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by abelswife(f): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2019
See them. That was how my brother's wife lied. My brother is AS. Because she wanted to marry by force she said she's AA. They went for tests it showed SS and AS for her and my brother. She said their machine is bad and went to another hospital where they have an insider. There they gave them AA for her and AS for my brother. My parents said he shouldn't go ahead with the marriage but they insisted. Now they've have finally gotten married abi? What now happened?

They gave birth to SS
Everyday her and the child are both in and out of the hospital. No savings, no happiness, no Joy. Everyday siki siki. She's siking the baby is siking. My brother is longing mouth and squeezing face

One time both of them had crises at the same time, my mum now used the opportunity to confirm their genotype because she didn't understand why everyday they are always sick. Lo and behold, mother SS. Child SS. We confronted her she was still denying and we showed her the results she started crying.

We are looking.

See ehn. God will not forgive you if your bring another SS child into this world. God will not forgive you if your end up dying on the road and making your husband a widower halfway because you lied.

In fact for even thinking about lying you're a terrible person.

Bye

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Sanchez01: 8:51am On Nov 14, 2019
Rosarie:
This isn't about love. Why do some of think it must be the Telemundo ish? The idea of being betrayed and lied to over something as sensitive as this will leave any man wondering. You should be more concerned about how he'll see her if he finds out.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:59am On Nov 14, 2019
Evil woman, tell him the truth before you marry him, why will you want to keep something so huge from him? I always advice people to ask and do tests for genotype and other things before becoming romantically involved, tell him the fvcking truth...

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by crackhaus: 9:05am On Nov 14, 2019
damilare214:

I thought most churches these days have a wedding planning/counselling committe that mandates intending couples to do the necessary tests before they are allowed to wed? undecided

That aside, that man loves you so much that he's taking your word and not seeking to run any tests on his own - there are even fertility tests that ought to be done.

Don't insult his love by hiding this very important information from him.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:07am On Nov 14, 2019
Donald95:
Don't tell him. Even after child birth, don't tell him. If you do, he will feel manipulated and his perspective towards you will change and also the love will reduce wella. If later in future he finds out, Blame it on the the doctor that did the first test cool . Afterall, Abraham lied that Sarah na his sister in other to avoid trouble cheesy

By the way, your description says that you are truly AS. Because one of the ways to know them is that they hardly fall sick (Malaria) and they are resistant to cold. Go and do another test somewhere else

Mister man, be guided, Abraham lied to the King and everyone around but not to his wife, this evil woman want to keep something vital and important from her would be husband, so where is the correlation here? Why would you tell her not to tell him? How would you feel if this happens to you or your relatives and siblings?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2019
If he's truly yours, it won't be a problem. None of your kids will be ss so I see no big deal.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by bukatyne(f): 9:12am On Nov 14, 2019
abelswife:
See them. That was how my brother's wife lied. My brother is AS. Because she wanted to marry by force she said she's AA. They went for tests it showed SS and AS for her and my brother. She said their machine is bad and went to another hospital where they have an insider. There they gave them AA for her and AS for my brother. My parents said he shouldn't go ahead with the marriage but they insisted. Now they've have finally gotten married abi? What now happened?

They gave birth to SS
Everyday her and the child are both in and out of the hospital. No savings, no happiness, no Joy. Everyday siki siki. She's siking the baby is siking. My brother is longing mouth and squeezing face

One time both of them had crises at the same time, my mum now used the opportunity to confirm their genotype because she didn't understand why everyday they are always sick. Lo and behold, mother SS. Child SS. We confronted her she was still denying and we showed her the results she started crying.

We are looking.

See ehn. God will not forgive you if your bring another SS child into this world. God will not forgive you if your end up dying on the road and making your husband a widower halfway because you lied.

Bye

So sorry about your experience.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by bukatyne(f): 9:14am On Nov 14, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Fountainofyouth:
Evil woman, tell him the truth before you marry him, why will you want to keep something so huge from him? I always advice people to ask and do tests for genotype and other things before becoming romantically involved, tell him the fvcking truth...

Interesting

You are quite passionate about this topic.

Speaking from experience?
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by CsRockefeller(m): 9:14am On Nov 14, 2019
abelswife:

They gave birth to SS

We are looking.

Bye

Wow!

Are they still married?
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2019
abelswife:

They gave birth to SS

We are looking.

Bye
This man in question is AA but she should tell him now to avoid unnecessary frictions later.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by bukatyne(f): 9:16am On Nov 14, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
If he's truly yours, it won't be a problem . None of your kids will be ss so I see no big deal.
@bold:

What of thing is this?

This love we are parroting, does it go one way?

As in if she loved him, would she have lied to him?

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Mariangeles(f): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
abelswife:

They gave birth to SS

We are looking.

Bye
[/s]
This your comment is very insensitive.
What is the guarantee that you'll live longer than her, or your brother's wife ?
Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 14, 2019
bukatyne:

@bold:

What of thing is this?

She didn't lie but withholding information. Yes, people in love Lie to keep that love.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by leokid866: 9:23am On Nov 14, 2019
damilare214:

You have options....option 1)keep quite....your kids are going to come out AS so that shouldn't be a problem...
2) tell him and brace for the worst.....
3) you tell him and hopefully find out he did not lie about his genotype.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by bukatyne(f): 9:24am On Nov 14, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
She didn't lie but withholding information. Yes, people in love Lie to keep that love.

She did lie and said she was As instead of SS.

If you genuinely love someone (operative word = genuinely), you would lay all your cards on the table and let them take you for who you are.

If on the other hand you saw the person as a suitable suitor (looks, cash, sex, body, position, fame, family etc.), you would scheme (lie, kill, jazz etc.) to make them yours.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by queenitee(f): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2019
bukatyne:

@bold:

What of thing is this?

I didn’t want to comment before but it’s annoying to see people talking about love here. I mean how in the world do you keep something that could make or destroy your future from someone you claim to love?

Who said if she had told he truth, the man wouldn’t have stayed with her. I wouldn’t blame the man if after knowing he decides to call off the marriage or maybe divorce her if it happens after their marriage. I mean, more than love, trust is very essential in a relationship. I’m very sure if the man gets to know, the trust he has for her would go down just like that and I don’t know what can restore it.

If she had told him, she has a very fat chance of the man staying with her, especially since he’s AA but right now even if the man didn’t leave, I’m not sure he won’t doubt any word that comes out of her mouth.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by bukatyne(f): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2019
Mariangeles:

This your comment is very insensitive.
What is the guarantee that you'll live longer than her, or your brother's wife ?
Nonsense!

Insensitive?

Have you ever seen SS crisis?

The resources wasted (time, money, emotions, strength etc) because they are just maintaining the person not curing?

It is witchcraft for an SS person to scheme to marry AS not even AA.

She knew she was SS, didn't work with the hospital so she can get AS babies.

Her comment is not insensitive. You do not know what the wife's lies has cost that family.

The MIL is probably the one staying with them when they have the crisis for her to have access to do tests for them.

What if she has her business? It would probably suffer.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by bukatyne(f): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2019
queenitee:

I didn’t want to comment before but it’s annoying to see people talking about love here. I mean how in the world do you keep something that could make or destroy your future from someone you claim to love?

Who said if she had told he truth, the man wouldn’t have stayed with her. I wouldn’t blame the man if after knowing he decides to call off the marriage or maybe divorce her if it happens after their marriage. I mean, more than love, trust is very essential in a relationship. I’m very sure if the man gets to know, the trust he has for her would go down just like that and I don’t know what can restore it.

If she had told him, she has a very fat chance of the man staying with her, especially since he’s AA but right now even if the man didn’t leave, I’m not sure he won’t doubt any word that comes out of her mouth.

Very true.

Last I remembered, love is not selfish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

To The Mothers,I need help o. / Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola / Is It Good To Have Extra-Marital Affairs?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.