Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype (6387 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / How Do I Confront My Husband About This Issue? / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by nlPoster: 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
abelswife:
See them. That was how my brother's wife lied. My brother is AS. Because she wanted to marry by force she said she's AA. They went for tests it showed SS and AS for her and my brother. She said their machine is bad and went to another hospital where they have an insider. There they gave them AA for her and AS for my brother. My parents said he shouldn't go ahead with the marriage but they insisted. Now they've have finally gotten married abi? What now happened?

They gave birth to SS
Everyday her and the child are both in and out of the hospital. No savings, no happiness, no Joy. Everyday siki siki. She's siking the baby is siking. My brother is longing mouth and squeezing face

One time both of them had crises at the same time, my mum now used the opportunity to confirm their genotype because she didn't understand why everyday they are always sick. Lo and behold, mother SS. Child SS. We confronted her she was still denying and we showed her the results

Was she falling sick prior to marrying your brother?

This story is very strange.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by chiforall: 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
Please repeat your HB genotype, might be a mistake from the Lab scientist
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by sisisioge: 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
Omoge...please tell him. It probably won't be much of a big deal to him as he must love you so much to want to marry you. Dont underestimate your importance to him, dont devalue what you have together by continuing to withhold the truth. It's really a long life ahead for you two if God pleases. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Pious101: 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
This is marriage built on deceit...anything built on lies would never last....ensure u save this page for future reference
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
She didn't lie but withholding information. Yes, people in love Lie to keep that love.
Can't you read? She lied that she's AS. You people should always put your heads in whatever you do abeg.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Skengman: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
Dbeautyy:
Hmm, so sad you eventually reminded me of something. I lost a friend to that thing 16 years ago. Final year student, then I was still looking for admission, i was almost thru with my dinner when the news came. I think you will know what happened to the rest of the food. Secondly, I lost someone to that thing during my part three on campus, he was also actively doing his final year project, in fact he once took me to his project site. Even though I had a prompting in my spirit on each of the situation . They a both gone, but my Spirit man consoled me with the message the later sent to me on his sick bed. "Tell Oga not to worry, I have seen the Lord". If you like tell, if you like keep it to yourself. It is not about now, but the future, And remember you medical history will help when you start breeding, hmm may be you will lie to the doctor as well. Or maybe you will reveal the truth telling him/her to conceal it from you spouse. Time will tell
Your reference to sickle cell anaemia as that thing is sickening, to say but the least. Pls be informed that ‘that thing’ is not a death sentence.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by nlPoster: 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
The thread seems very fishy.

Someone is even inserting mentions of food so casually as if s/he is discussing a trivial issue.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by nlPoster: 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
chiforall:
Please repeat your HB genotype, might be a mistake from the Lab scientist

I wonder what is going on in that department in Nigeria?
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by nlPoster: 11:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
So your friends know and over a million nairalanders are also getting to Know what your husband to be doesn't know.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
Tale by moonlight

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
crackhaus:

gringrin

You know why I like you?
You no dey form cheesy

The fellow behind that akwaetitibabe moniker doesn’t have sense na.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by pocohantas(f): 11:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
"If he loves you..."
"If he is the man for you..."

I guess these are the latest ways women use to emotionally blackmail men into doing what they want. Very interesting...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by nlPoster: 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Thegamingorca(m): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
pocohantas:
"If he loves you..."
"If he is the man for you..."

I guess these are the latest ways women use to emotionally blackmail men into doing what they want. Very interesting...

Dem go use love truncate life of pikin wey no ask to be born
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Thegamingorca(m): 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
I'm getting married this weekend and my husband to be doesn't know about my genotype. I'm SS but lied to him that I'm AS, he is AA.
I don't look like SS neither do I fall sick( I sick once or twice a year),and I'm not on any medication as well.
My doctor and friends advised me not to tell him because of different heartbreaks that I have experienced in the past ( people believe SS dies prematurely).
I have plan to tell him on our wedding night but my friends insist I should wait till I give birth.

Please help me, I don't know the right time to tell him and I don't want to build my marriage on lies.

You are SS sef heyyyyyy Jehovah nissi. How old are you?
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Thegamingorca(m): 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
I'm getting married this weekend and my husband to be doesn't know about my genotype. I'm SS but lied to him that I'm AS, he is AA.
I don't look like SS neither do I fall sick( I sick once or twice a year),and I'm not on any medication as well.
My doctor and friends advised me not to tell him because of different heartbreaks that I have experienced in the past ( people believe SS dies prematurely).
I have plan to tell him on our wedding night but my friends insist I should wait till I give birth.

Please help me, I don't know the right time to tell him and I don't want to build my marriage on lies.

Your friends want you to deceive and lead an innocent man into a deal he wasn't party to. Although all your children will never come down with sickle cell disease you shouldn't be plotting to trap him because you want to be happy.

You are evil
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Thegamingorca(m): 11:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
Donald95:
Don't tell him. Even after child birth, don't tell him. If you do, he will feel manipulated and his perspective towards you will change and also the love will reduce wella. If later in future he finds out, Blame it on the the doctor that did the first test cool . Afterall, Abraham lied that Sarah na his sister in other to avoid trouble cheesy

By the way, your description says that you are truly AS. Because one of the ways to know them is that they hardly fall sick (Malaria) and they are resistant to cold. Go and do another test somewhere else

Calm down and take a chill pill, He is AA and both of them can work.

Let op try not to make lying part of her

She's not AS Oga.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by nlPoster: 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thegamingorca:

You are SS sef heyyyyyy Jehovah nissi. How old are you?

They should redo the tests until there's a definitive answer.

Unless something has changed, most sickle cell patients in Nigeria don't boast of always being healthy and never having crises. So the poster should make sure she is actually SS as she says.

Although the thread is probably fake, in my opinion. Nobody should jump on my post, thanks.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Thegamingorca(m): 12:05am On Nov 15, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
She didn't lie but withholding information. Yes, people in love Lie to keep that love.

There is no such thing as love. This was nothing but a deceitful lie on that had her doctors and friends in on it. How is she not on phenoxymethyl prophylaxis, folic acid and proguanil or on any drug? is she on hydroxyurea? is she not on frequent follow up? Is her hubby to-be one blind illiterate vulcanizer?
When was her last crises sef? What is the size of her skull, her teeth and her General appearance?

Has she thought about crises occurring while pregnant ?
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 15, 2019
Thegamingorca:

There is no such thing as love. This was nothing but a deceitful lie on that had her doctors and friends in on it. How is she not on phenoxymethyl prophylaxis, folic acid and proguanil or on any drug? is she on hydroxyurea? is she not on frequent follow up? Is her hubby to-be one blind illiterate vulcanizer?
When was her last crises sef? What is the size of her skull, her teeth and her General appearance?

Has she thought about crises occurring while pregnant ?
My dear I don't think I've interacted with one so I don't know how it is. Sge deserves to be with someone but she just gotta be open about her genotype.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by crackhaus: 12:55am On Nov 15, 2019
Elder0001:

The fellow behind that akwaetitibabe moniker doesn’t have sense na.
Lol.
You are using me to look for her trouble eh grin

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by SolomonGrundy: 1:05am On Nov 15, 2019
nlPoster:

I wonder what is going on in that department in Nigeria?
U beta respect urself. Don't turn dis thread to a war zone.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by nlPoster: 1:14am On Nov 15, 2019
SolomonGrundy:
U beta respect urself. Don't turn dis thread to a war zone.

Explain yourself.

Moreso, you ignored the person I quoted but feel embolded to face me?
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by ednut1(m): 2:44am On Nov 15, 2019
Shameful. Its not a must to marry

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Mariangeles(f): 10:26am On Nov 15, 2019
abelswife:

When you finish calculating the resentment in what I said, make sure you tell your husband to be your real genotype. You will see worse than this when he finds out after you both have been married. If your colleague did not go and forge medical results and report to the church pastor of how her in-laws to be are trying to stop her marriage I will not be here having this conversation with you. Don't think your emotional blackmail will get to me okay?

Your "colleague"?
What manner of wicked stereotyping is that ?
I suspected you to be insensitive, but to stoop even lower ?
...and at the second bolded, why am I not surprised ? Do you even have the ability to empathize ? Your arrogance disgusts me!
You and all the people wey dey ginger you on, una wehdone!
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by abelswife(f): 11:01am On Nov 15, 2019
Mariangeles:

Your "colleague"?
What manner of wicked stereotyping is that ?
I suspected you to be insensitive, but to stoop even lower ?
...and at the second bolded, why am I not surprised ? Do you even have the ability to empathize ? Your arrogance disgusts me!
You and all the people wey dey ginger you on, una wehdone!

Aunty, get of my mentions please. F. Off abeg go and cry elsewhere I don't have time for goody two shoes like you. Just f.off. Having a sickness is not a crime, but being manipulative about it is. Just fokoff and stop following me around.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by pocohantas(f): 11:05am On Nov 15, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Dem go use love truncate life of pikin wey no ask to be born

No mind her. I like how she conveniently started off on a bad note, then start talking about love when the guy sets his own standard.

Where was love when she hid such a relevant info from him? The life of the innocent unborn child didn't even matter.

Tomorrow we would see "My husband hates me". Why

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by nlPoster: 11:32am On Nov 15, 2019
pocohantas:

am involved, I believe the story

Nigerians to undergo compulsory genotype testing.

That should sort this out.
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Mariangeles(f): 11:38am On Nov 15, 2019
[s]
abelswife:

Aunty, get of my mentions please. F. Off abeg go and cry elsewhere I don't have time for goody two shoes like you. Just f.off. Having a sickness is not a crime, but being manipulative about it is. Just fokoff and stop following me around.
[/s]
You are a bitter, unpleasant and unhappy fellow that I am sure of.
When you begin to spread happiness and comfort, then it'll return to you. Otherwise, forget it!
You can't have what you can't give.
What you sow, you reap.
I'm "goody two shoes" abi ? I'm glad you acknowledge that.

You think you have everything about life and health figured out ? YOU'RE IN FOR A SHOCKER!
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2019

Here is the thing..
Whether you tell now, later or don't tell at all, one way or the other he will find out!
I only pray he doesnt flip to the extreme when he finds out especially if he finds out himself without you telling!!
Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by abelswife(f): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
Mariangeles:

You are a bitter, unpleasant and unhappy fellow that I am sure of.
When you begin to spread happiness and comfort, then it'll return to you. Otherwise, forget it!
You can't have what you can't give.
What you sow, you reap.
I'm "goody two shoes" abi ? I'm glad you acknowledge that.

You think you have everything about life and health figured out ? YOU'RE IN FOR A SHOCKER!

Fk off.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype by Teerach: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2019
Op tell ur hubs to be. What if eventually ur hubs to be is AS thinking he's AA? Medicals in Nigeria is something else. I've seen people claimed AA meanwhile twas a mix up from the hospital. Finally Truth sets u free

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girls, Can You Marry A Virgin? / To The Mothers,I need help o. / Is It Good To Have Extra-Marital Affairs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.