Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now (18382 Views)

Coronavirus: Postpone NYSC Orientation Camp - MURIC Warns FG / Suspension Of Ebonyi Christian Corpers: MURIC Reacts, Supports CAN / 10 Signs Your Village People Followed You To NYSC Camp - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Enemyofpeace: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hediot. He is always looking for loopholes as if na him be Mohammed wey get islam

1 Like

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Enemyofpeace: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
nony43:
Biko, they are not the first Corpers to serve this nation, if they can't abide by NYSC ethics, they should please apply for an exemption letter
no mind am

3 Likes

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by einsteine(m): 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
MURIC is right.

The NYSC orientation camp is one of the greatest misuse of resources ever designed in history.

They wouldn't stop it because they allocate billions to it every year.

Why are you teaching people (who would eventually be posted to secondary schools) how to march, how to climb obstacle courses, etc when they are not going to do any military service afterwards? The entire NYSC is a misconceived exercise. The National Unity that it was meant to help is not being helped. In fact, I began to dislike people from a certain part of the country AFTER I was posted there.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by AkwalaIke1: 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
helinues:
It is National Youth Service for christ sake not Youth Religious Service

Where there are no laws, it simply means no sins
[/s]
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by jaytee01(m): 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
GoTV:
angry Even though I'm a born again Christian, i just love this MURIC man. His way of life and the way he defends his fellow Muslims makes me jealous of Islam. If i don't see any changes in the attitude of we Christians i might decide to join Islam for good sad
Have you taken your medicine today?
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by domack99(m): 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
Flexherbal:
Is NYSC compulsory ?

Parades, exercises/drills may not flow well, with skirt.

Let me concentrate on the herbs I am preparing, for men who need to end their 2 minutes challenge, before some people will start bashing me.

Yes, NYSC is compulsory. Without NYSC certificate in Nigeria you can't be employed in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Zolautd: 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
It's a great sin to disobey the law the land. Which God are they serving
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Zolautd: 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
It's a great sin to disobey the law of the land. Which God are they serving?
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by NaijaDonCast(m): 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
A supreme being once historically said give what belongs to Caesear to Caesear, but we have refuted in that and have allowed hypocrizy, sentiment and ignorant to becloud our sense of reasoning are you telling us if the were offered a job in a firm where female workers uses trousers as their work outfit, is that the same attitude they would have displayed?

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by webngnews: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Oh
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Flexherbal(m): 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
domack99:

Yes, NYSC is compulsory. Without NYSC certificate in Nigeria you can't be employed in Nigeria.

You can apply for exemption letter, Sir.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Successlane: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
Zolautd:
It's a great sin to disobey the law the land. Which God are they serving

Who made the law? and for who?
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Larrydogged07: 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
Our major problem in Nigeria is RELIGION forget corruption.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Tapout(m): 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
camping isn't compulsory.

1 Like

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by rockyh(m): 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
RichardKajola:
actually they are making sense oo...what's the use of military training when what the youth need is entrepreneurial and leadership training
what sense are they making. What do u think is the essence of SAED in camp or did u get carried away with the back side of ladies in shorts n forgot ur reason for service
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by rockyh(m): 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
einsteine:
MURIC is right.

The NYSC orientation camp is one of the greatest misuse of resources ever designed in history.

They wouldn't stop it because they allocate billions to it every year.

Why are you teaching people (who would eventually be posted to secondary schools) how to march, how to climb obstacle courses, etc when they are not going to do any military service afterwards? The entire NYSC is a misconceived exercise. The National Unity that it was meant to help is not being helped. In fact, I began to dislike people from a certain part of the country AFTER I was posted there.

they are taught to keep you fit and readily able to defend yourself in case of physical danger in one's ppa

1 Like

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Jellia(m): 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
GoTV:
angry Even though I'm a born again Christian, i just love this MURIC man. His way of life and the way he defends his fellow Muslims makes me jealous of Islam. If i don't see any changes in the attitude of we Christians i might decide to join Islam for good sad

You are not a Christian. Bearing a Christian name or going to church does not make you a Christian. A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ in truth and spirit. It's real. The truth is the truth. It's not what men think.
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Jellia(m): 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jellia:

You are not a Christian. Bearing a Christian name or going to church does not make you a Christian. A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ in truth and spirit. It's real. The truth is the truth. It's not what men think.

Anyways, I don't understand your definition of born.
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Brunicekid(m): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
GoTV:
Please don't... Human being should not be your OVERALL ASSESSMENT of religion. JESUS is the greatest example, you know.
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by voskia: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
GoTV:
oga abeg go join sharply.. we dont need u.... besides i know u are even a muslim sef
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by damosky12(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
GoTV:

LOL. Going by your words, every Christian (in the real sense) knows you are a pseudo-Christian. Believe me.
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by CELEBRITIZ(m): 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
fk001:
That man O war sh!t is optional.

I didn't participated in it.

Aside from that I didnt see any rigorous training in NYSC camp, the only thing I detest was waking up around 4am and SAED lectures
Seconded. That 4am,i hate it with passion

1 Like

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by clarocuzioo(m): 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2019
GoTV:

You are not a Christian,you are just a church goer, there's a big difference.
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by gabicon: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
First and foremost, NYSC is not by force it's a choice, secondly before the start of the NYSC camp during registration, participants sign that they will adhere to all rules and regulations. Why is it that we breed citizens that can't honour contacts they sign? If they knew it contradicts their faith why didn't they reach out to their representatives in the federal houses or contest it in court?

We can't continue like this.

1 Like

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by hardeytarhyour(m): 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
HATRED WON'T ALLOW SOME TO SEE ANYTHING SENSIBLE ...
Their is point in what MURIC said, How would girl feel comfortable in all this Military drill . ,instead NYSC CAMP should be based on Vocational Skill to decrease High unEmployment rate among our youth so that after Nysc Our Corper won't be Jobless
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by valiju: 6:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
That is if you are qualify to be exempted

quote author=Flexherbal post=84023595]

You can apply for exemption letter, Sir.[/quote]
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by egoldi01: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
NextGovernor:
Reason why this nation is still backward.. Muric and Christian associations should come out and protest against corruption and bad government not all these senseless code of dressings

Even Buhari daughter wear trouser khaki.. who u be?
That is the point. We left more grievous economic and security issues and are fuming over petty issues. As religious as we are in this county, where has that led us to in the comity of developing economies?
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Sunsets: 7:10pm On Nov 14, 2019
If you scroll down and commented after seeing the Mississippi, gather here for Revolution Now
Lukgaf:
13th November, 2019
PRESS RELEASE:

REVIEW NYSC CAMP TRAINING NOW

A female Muslim corper yesterday refused to use the conventional short knicker at the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) camp at Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State. NYSC authorities have allegedly initiated the process for decamping her and she may be sent out of the camp today, Wednesday, 13th November, 2019.

It will be recalled that two female Christian youth corpers were also expelled from the NYSC camp in Ebonyi State on Saturday, 9th November, 2019 for the same reason. Both the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) have since condemned the expulsion.

But MURIC has added a new twist to the NYSC’s short knicker furore. In a press statement circulated to the media by its Director, Professor Ishaq Akintola on Wednesday, 13th November, 2019, the civil society organization berated NYSC for sacrificing morality on the altar of militarization. It called for immediate review of the NYSC training camp activities to allow female corpers whose creeds forbid them from wearing short knickers to freely and willingly partake in the activities.

MURIC said, “NYSC has placed military options above moral issues. It is affecting young ones in both Christianity and Islam. This is capable of destroying the moral fabrics of our society. What kind of leadership is NYSC trying to produce for the nation? Is it a God-fearing leadership that will give the nation good governance or one that has no fear of Allah that will embezzle the people’s funds, abuse power while in office and deprive the citizens of basic infrastructural facilities?

“NYSC should go into retrospection. What has it achieved in more than three decades of its existence? What has been the impact of its training on the youth? Our streets have been taken over by an army of jobless graduates. Yahoo Yahoo is the order of the day. Our graduates are heavily militarized. Cultism, kidnapping and ritual killing are their hobbies. Materialism is their religion. They are in a hurry to get rich. Meanwhile Nigeria holds its breath and trembles.

“But NYSC can do better if it pays attention to morality and vocational training instead of concentrating on physical fitness, climbing obstacles, crawling under barbed wires and other military exercises like marching, military parade, etc. Of what use have these activities been to the graduates? Of what use have those activities been to national development?

“What is the purpose of teaching graduates how to march on parade when they are not expected to continue military drills after camp? Why are we training them to cross obstacles and crawl under sharp objects when the training does not include the use of arms? Corpers finish up the one-year ritual without knowing how to cock a rifle or how to halt an advancing target for identification. It is sheer window-dressing.

“NYSC camp modus operandi is as irrelevant as it is distractive. As far as we are concerned, physical training for graduates in present day Nigeria is peripheral. It is their moral training that is tangential. It is a misplacement of priorities. A nation that has been dragged behind by corruption, a nation whose growth has been retarded by immorality cannot afford to ignore warnings coming from the altar and the minbar.

The organization suggested the way forward.

“What does NYSC or the nation as a whole stand to gain from decamping corpers for irrational and flimsy excuses? The effect is counter-productive. It wastes the efforts of serious-minded graduates while Yahoo Yahoo and cultist graduates multiply on our streets. What’s in a short knicker and what’s in a long skirt? NYSC is killing flies with a sledge-hammer.

“The way forward is to de-emphasise physical and pseudo-military exercises. NYSC handlers should turn attention to the reorientation of our young graduates during camping. Many of them are cynical about Nigeria. NYSC can partner with the National Orientation Agency (NOA) in this regard. Lectures and interactive sessions on patriotism will go a long way to give corpers a new mindset. Motivational speakers should be on call.

“Besides, the period should be used for vocational training. This will change our young ones into entrepreneurs and reduce the number of jobless youths. Leadership retreat is another angle that should be considered. Our young graduates need to begin to see leadership as service to humanity. The camping period can also be used for anti-corruption campaigns. Ideologues of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) may come in handy here.”

MURIC rubbished NYSC’s rationale for choice of short knickers for corpers in camp.

“The argument that corpers need short knickers for military drills does not hold any water at all. We have been able to prove that those drills are unnecessary. Corpers are not soldiers. Neither are they members of uniformed organisations. Their stay in camp is ephemeral, sometimes three or four weeks. 99.999% of them may never put on any uniform again in their lives. What then is the purpose of laying so much emphasis on drills, crossing the obstacle, climbing nets, jumping over heights and ascending walls? Has the Third World War started?

“Nigerians should shine their eyes. Those military exercises were introduced at the time because NYSC was started by the military. They added all those irrelevant aspects because those are activities best known to soldiers. But we should review the camping activities now that we are in a civilian regime.

“We therefore appeal to the National Assembly (NASS) to take an urgent look at activities in NYSC camps with a view to reviewing them as discussed above. This is a democracy. The NYSC decree should be radically reviewed by the NASS. The Ministry of Internal Affairs is also advised to study the matter and bring it to the attention of the presidency. We call on the leadership of CAN to join us in the call for a review of the modus operandi of NYSC training camp.

“In our closing remarks, we reject NYSC’s excuse for insisting on using short knickers. We assert that corpers do not need any exercise that cannot be done with skirts. We call for the introduction of re-orientation lectures, leadership training talks and anti-corrption campaigns to replace irrelevant military drills. We also advocate vocational training for corpers in order to turn their attention to entrepreneurship rather than remaining wild goose chasers of non-available white-collar jobs.”

*Professor Ishaq Akintola,
*Director,
*Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2019/11/review-nysc-camp-training-now.html?m=1
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Endowed595(m): 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2019
Its like some people are mad. If you can't see the sense in what they said, am sorry for you. I am a strong anti MURIC and muslims person in general but this is one of the most sensible things i have seen in recent years. What exactly does the NYSC bring to Nigeria, money that could be used to build better hostels at the Federal Universities or pay salaries of teachers is being allocated for a scheme to give youths a last opportunity to engage in meaningless sex and frivolities. The scheme was created by a military regime and that comes with a military mindset, how many youths get to use the military training after the scheme. The scheme should be scrapped completely. That money could be better allocated to better the hostels at the various federal Universities or build industries to create jobs for said Nigerian graduates. Nigeria is a joke, some people commenting rubbish here need their heads examined

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by jaszplus12(m): 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
Tennis champion Goran Ivanisevic served his country Croatia in the compulsory military service for 6 months instead of 1 year because he was world number one then.
Israel requires every 20 year to serve in the military and so also Algeria Egypt and some other countries. Why? It's a way to instill discipline in the youth and that's why you see they're fearless when going out for protests!
Here in Nigeria we Dodge the simple lazy 3 weeks of camping and give frivolous reason and some parents go as far as protecting their wards by visiting and bringing provision for them! Graduates oh!
This is our problem, we want everything on a platter.
Even the entrepreneurship schemes that NYSC puts up how many people make use of it? Just because they feel they are going to get white collar job outside!
We need to put all these nonsense behind us and face the future square like serious people else all these religious sentiment will ruin us!
Re: MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now by Edyice: 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
Muslims with WAHALA ALL over the world

So so WAHALA

Me when Muslims come near me with maric behaviour..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee / Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / NYSC Presents N26.7m To Families Of Dead Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.