Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,603 members, 7,801,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Why Make The Announcement? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Make The Announcement? (321 Views)

Why MAKE-UP Should Be Banned.. / Reno Omokri: "Ladies, If You Like A Guy But He Is Too Shy, Make The First Move" / If A Good Man Is What Ladies Want, Why Make Them Just Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Make The Announcement? by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 14, 2019
I don't know whether it has to do with esteem issue or confidence. or both.

Why do ladies always want to let people know that they are not on makeup when they are not on makeup?

No matter the level she has attained, she feels more secured on makeup. why?

I really want to know.
Re: Why Make The Announcement? by wordbank(m): 9:45am On Nov 14, 2019
grin
They like fancy talk and appraisal
Re: Why Make The Announcement? by nlPoster: 10:43am On Nov 14, 2019
Makeup boosts confidence.

And, duh? No offence.
Re: Why Make The Announcement? by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 14, 2019
nlPoster:
Makeup boosts confidence.
And, duh? No offence.

LOL No offence taken!
Re: Why Make The Announcement? by meobizy(f): 2:19am On Dec 30, 2019
Who cares what women do? I do not and neither should you.
Re: Why Make The Announcement? by TenthMan(m): 2:52am On Dec 30, 2019
They are aware that while makeup may seem to enhance physical attractiveness (not beauty), it also shrouds/covers their natural looks. Make up has served two main purposes. Enhance sexual features and artistically attract.

Should they view themselves to be pretty/attractive without make up, they are proud of this fact.

Why show and display this? The human nature likes validation and approval. While sexual body parts are simply nature's way of bestowing
major responsibility of offspring nourishment on the woman, that is all there is to it. She has the same brain, the potential to be strong, and propensity to do what a man can do physically and mentally. Interaction between evolutionary forces and majorly, cultural practices, have limited women to what they are today, especially in Africa, where what she is mostly validated by is her physical features. So she seeks that form of validation more. The attention for men is shifting more and more from physical features to financial status.

In summary, social media has only provided an easy tool for seeking validation of physical/sexual looks from a whole lot of people, over great space and in a very short time.

My responses are objective (knowledge/fact based) and you must know I answer without any form of bias (cultural, religious, tribal, ethnic, class, gender, age, race, nationality, blood, acquaintance, etc.)
Re: Why Make The Announcement? by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:12am On Dec 30, 2019
The indomie generation ones don't even know they can do without makeup, they think they are supposed to look like Kim Kardashian, they end up looking frightening

(1) (Reply)

What Would Make You Cheat On Your Partner? / Advice Needed Please / My Boy Is One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.