Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,502 members, 7,801,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) (74981 Views)

Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate / Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) / The Bad State Of Mile 2-Tincan Road That Lagos State Govt Will Be Repairing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
gabicon:

Their website quotes them as a water way regulatory body, it doesn't say anything about water way safety (coast guard, boat channel dredging and emergency management). If you have more information kindly share.

They are encapsulated in one, they are managed and regulated by the Lagos State Govt. They are responsible for the licencing, regulation of waterways within the state coastline and among others
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by Obdk: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
Guestuser:

10000 workers my foot!
Lmfao!

By 2020 wen he complete the factory he is building in Nsukka where Innoson agricultural machinery will be produced,,, by then ur hatred and pain will upgrade to suicidal level because the staff base will grow to about 13000. Ensuring improved painment for you
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by woleabayo(f): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
good
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by Guestuser: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
Obdk:

By 2020 wen he complete the factory he is building in Nsukka where Innoson agricultural machinery will be produced,,, by then ur hatred and pain will upgrade to suicidal level because the staff base will grow to about 13000. Ensuring improved painment for you
My hatred and pain?
For refusing to believe your lies?
No be only 10000 na 50 million

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by 2ru9jaman: 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2019
This is not INNOSON product

This is V-Craft, they are located at Ilupeju in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by Osaze007: 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
The question is why are Igbo people jealous about this business smh

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by OPONG: 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
eternityk:
As long as they are owned by Yoruba's
So two Yoruba owned companies are producing boats in Lagos
Including proforce,that makes it three Yoruba companies producing boats
As well as the largest wire and cable company in west Africa is owned by a Yoruba man,Coleman wire and cables

This is nice

Yoruba supremacist
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by Thegoodone13(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
Anything we can't produce in Nigeria, we don't need it. Good. We can do better.
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by RTSC: 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2019
Osaze007:
The question is why are Igbo people jealous about this business smh
The jealous one is you.
I am not seeing you calling it a Mobile coffin.

It won't cost Igbo land anything for one of the sons to create a boat manufacturing company.

Imnoson is already doing something far technical than building boats.
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by RTSC: 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
OPONG:

Yoruba supremacist
Those that hate hearing Igbo amaka will do as if they did not see it.

Probably even dash him a few likes.

NA Igbo matter go kill them.
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by Osaze007: 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
RTSC:

The jealous one is you.
I am not seeing you calling it a Mobile coffin.

It won't cost Igbo land anything for one of the sons to create a boat manufacturing company.

Imnoson is already doing something far technical than building boats.

Why did you people have to drag innoson into it
Yorubas have proforce and this

So it’s a style of envy
Admit it

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by frozen70g(f): 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
Once it's guaranteed that it won't capsize any how

Meaning the stability in the water matches with its balance
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by gabicon: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
AutoReportNG:

They are encapsulated in one, they are managed and regulated by the Lagos State Govt. They are responsible for the licencing, regulation of waterways within the state coastline and among others

Well, I see the nice jetty at falomo, what I don't see are tug boats, coast patrol and dredger etc. The ikorodu terminal is filled with water weeds of more than 20 meters from the coast, commuters climb from boat to boat to get in or out. If indeed they are responsible why aren't we seeing the results?
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by tillaman(m): 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
naturallysimple:

Abeg ooo, make the stuff no get weakness ooo, not everybody b fish oooo
may the case never arise bro, I wasn’t talking about boat mishap bro, I was just saying how long it will take before it begins to rust or leak so they will know what next to coat the next batch with!
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by RTSC: 5:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Osaze007:

Why did you people have to drag innoson into it
Yorubas have proforce and this

So it’s a style of envy
Admit it
Envy is your blood.
Yoruba man suffering from inferiority complex.

Innoson is bigger than pro force or whatever will ever be.

And now innoson have recently announced their venture into bullet proof vehicles early this month.
You can order for a world class bullet proof vehicle from innoson or bullet proof your vehicle, if you have documentation from the office of the National security adviser.
Soon they would be the biggest armouring company in west Africa.

I am sure Innoson would create a boat production sub company if it ever gets lucrative.

Lions don't envy goats.
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by tillaman(m): 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

Sanwo wetin ?
sanwo tollgate
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by olaitonto(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Made in Nigeria by who?? Indian or Lebanese ��
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by sholay2011(m): 6:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
nurey:
I believe the government can do better and make enabling environment for the masses, a landing pier at iyanoworo with a massive car park that can hold 5000 cars built in steps would go a long way in reducing traffic on 3rd mainland bridge in the morning.

People living in ikorodu can take a ferry from ikorodu to iyano woro, those from Berger or ogunstate can enter brt to iyanoworo and take a ferry to the island, the car park would make life easier for those coming from far, they park at the iyanoworo car park and take ferry to island or apapa.

A win win situation for government and citizens. Iyanoworo would be made like a ferry interchange just like oshodi since it is a central water way in Lagos. I hope the powers that be won't turn it into water front estate or luxury water front apartment.

so help us God
Nice post.

They should also remind people using the ferry to invest in swimming lessons.
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by gabicon: 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2019
Obdk:

Bro do you know that if he actually employs 10,000 staff on minimum wage of 30k, his wage bill will be #300m every month?
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by sonety2k(m): 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by alvincruse(m): 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
nurey:
I believe the government can do better and make enabling environment for the masses, a landing pier at iyanoworo with a massive car park that can hold 5000 cars built in steps would go a long way in reducing traffic on 3rd mainland bridge in the morning.

People living in ikorodu can take a ferry from ikorodu to iyano woro, those from Berger or ogunstate can enter brt to iyanoworo and take a ferry to the island, the car park would make life easier for those coming from far, they park at the iyanoworo car park and take ferry to island or apapa.

A win win situation for government and citizens. Iyanoworo would be made like a ferry interchange just like oshodi since it is a central water way in Lagos. I hope the powers that be won't turn it into water front estate or luxury water front apartment.

so help us God

So that people's cars get missing. Lagos criminals will turn such parks to new office even with tight security
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by DisGuy: 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
CaptainFM1:

Nothing but subway system will reduce the traffic. One third of the people moving on the surface need to be passing underground via an efficient railway system. That should be the next 10years plan. Otherwise, we are just joking about managing traffic in this state.

Subway in a city that's practically below sea level or you mean submarine system

Some people are asking for bullet trains in a country that distributes less than 5000MW
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
greET mOVE
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by Abdulaaleem: 7:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
Very soon, there will be traffic on Lagos Waters ��
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
DisGuy:

Subway in a city that's practically below sea level or you mean submarine system

Some people are asking for bullet trains in a country that distributes less than 5000MW

Are u an engineer? If not, just so you know....Yes there are already sub-passages even right below and ofcourse through the sea.

As for the bullet train, yes it's good. It will also reduce the traffic. If these are not done, we are joking as far as traffic management is concerned for a city like Lagos.

If a visionary leader like Jakande foresaw this since the 80's then you should know that traffic management has been so far a joke in this cosmopolitan city.

As a palliative measures, surface "Tram" System can be adopted for any very long straight roads....such as Ikorodu road, Apapa-Oshodi express way etc. BRT is good too, but not as effective as these two.

Please, don't come back to tell me about funds....!

Where lots of money can be made, investors will put their last penny there. In any case, we have lots of money spinners in this country only that we don't have the "WILL" and apparently not ready to make a Nigeria of our dream.
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by BOBAN2710: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
POINT AND KEEL GOVUNO WAS MISSING
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by Awaja(m): 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
tillaman:
This is very good, we can at least start using our own made in Nigeria products, Sanwo-olu leads and others follow, other states with water ways will be inspired to do the same!!
If we don’t buy/use them how will the manufacturers know their weaknesses!!
A win win for both government and manufacturers
Until we stop using the phrase “na aba made “ while referring to inferior goods ,we are deceiving ourselves in terms of patronizing locally manufactured goods
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by DisGuy: 8:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
CaptainFM1:

Are u an engineer? If not, just so you know....Yes there are already sub-passages even right below and ofcourse through the sea.

As for the bullet train, yes it's good. It will also reduce the traffic. If these are not done, we are joking as far as traffic management is concerned for a city like Lagos.

If a visionary leader like Jakande foresaw this since the 80's then you should know that traffic management has been so far a joke in this cosmopolitan city.

As a palliative measures, surface "Tram" System can be adopted for any very long straight roads....such as Ikorodu road, Apapa-Oshodi express way etc. BRT is good too, but not as effective as these two

Please, don't come back to tell me about funds....!

Where lots of money can be made, investors will put their last penny there. In any case, we have lots of money spinners in this country only that we don't have the "WILL" and apparently not ready to make a Nigeria of our dream.

Considering everyone with an engineering degree can be called an engineer in Nigeria- Yes I'm an engineer! Please tell us where these subpassages are in Lagos, I'll really like to ready about them.

Your suggestion of using tram as a palliative should actually be the main choice together with surface trains especially in areas like ikorodu and badagry

Investors don't put money in building brand new rail lines rather they invest in running profitable rail routes
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by olajizz01(m): 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
uzohrome:
A boat with a YAMAHA engine is Nigerian made. Okay, we must continue.
But innoson vehicle with Nissan engine is made in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by Obdk: 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
gabicon:

Bro do you know that if he actually employs 10,000 staff on minimum wage of 30k, his wage bill will be #300m every month?

He own 5 manufacturing companies
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by Litmus: 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10564290_ejmixowwayj76u_jpeg1500e85804742cc97403a6e799b34f07

India in Nigeria made boat, looks like.

Nigeria used to build really nice boat-homes in warri, Delta once.
Re: Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) by yommen: 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
eternityk:
As long as they are owned by Yoruba's
So two Yoruba owned companies are producing boats in Lagos
Including proforce,that makes it three Yoruba companies producing boats
As well as the largest wire and cable company in west Africa is owned by a Yoruba man,Coleman wire and cables

This is nice

I'm Yoruba but I feel I'm more mature than shouting Yoruba this, Yoruba that. Who ever always wants to point out the achievements of his tribe suffers inferiority complex. So, wake up. Yorubas are not known for this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) / Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.