Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average (28440 Views)

HIV Prevalence Rate In States In Nigeria 2019 By NACA / How Nigeria’s 36 States Fare In HIV Prevalence / South-south Leads In HIV Prevalence, Northwest Lowest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by mumumugu(m): 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
1Sharon:

It is a laughing matter because igbos claim to be the most intelligent tribe in Africa.
How do intelligent ppl get STDs? grin

This is what happens when you're a dropout of Epon ojuku school for the foolish.

Igbo's are very intelligent that they go for test.believe me,many persons in the North west especially zamfara and kebbi have never gone for test in their entire life.

in one of the government hospitals, I requested for condom, the pharmacist saidc"you must be a corper." I asked why he said so, he told me people are not bold enough to ask. condom is given free, yet people don't ask. he showed me cartons of expired condom. I took a carton home.

To use.it with a girl na wahala,. she will say' so you don't trust me",?

the report deals on reported cases.many are u reported in the north

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by malware: 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
I'm not surprised at all... Cos I used to wonder if there's any girl left in Igbo land because of the ones I see all over hotels in Lagos here.

I was attracted to one Igbo olosho one day, and I patronized her (not my attitude tho) but she was sweet as fvck to the extent I became obsessed with her....

I remember the day I fvcked her without condom, that was the day I came back to my senses... I cried all night thinking I had contacted the virus.. I stopped seeing her since then grin

3 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by webngnews: 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hmmm
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by omenka(m): 3:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kennydoc:

Fan of a shameless and jobless boy from Benue State? God forbid!!!
Someone earlier stated the figure is so high due to the prevalence of gay activities in the region. You've been following me since yesterday barking my name, desperate for my attention. I think my spirit was right to have made me ignore you.

Now I understand why.

Look, I dont and will never do that Igbo girl that has been chasing me around. And if you've been day dreaming like...... tufiakwa!! grin grin grin

I'm sure alot of men abound in the East... Go knock yourself out. cheesy

Now, that is the last you'd ever get from me. Hope you dont do yourself in as a result.

Bye. cheesy
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by charlsecy(m): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
bigpicture001:
Its not a lie...am associated with a.busy med lab. In dsouth east....its usually like minimum 3 cases every week..and the lab is the 12th biggest in d city ooooi
Fallacy of ignorance.
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Simbrixton(m): 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
AkeNathan:

It is not about intelligence. It is about lifestyle. I am educated and an MSc holder but given a chance i prefer raw sex because of its intensity and pleasure.

It is a lifestyle matter and contrary to intelligence.
lack of discipline shows u aint intelligent and lack control
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by galaxy2020(m): 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
Benue is the DEPOT OF HIV.....
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
Simbrixton:
lack of discipline shows u aint intelligent and lack control

How does intelligence relate to discipline?

Intelligence has to do with academic activities, good memory, quick understanding whereas discipline has to do with behavior.

Apparently you guys from the west are dumb, you just exposed yourselves.

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Simbrixton(m): 4:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
AkeNathan:

How does intelligence relate to discipline?

Intelligence has to do with academic activities, good memory, quick understanding whereas discipline has to do with behavior.

Apparently you guys from the west are dumb, you just exposed yourselves.
ask someone with a degree in psychology to explain to u
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by lukui: 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
oya blame BUHARI!!! grin
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by poweredcom(m): 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
See it may be truth cos this olosho biz na eastern babes full am o

See as Dem de hustle ehnn
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Kennydoc(m): 4:24pm On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
omenka:
Someone earlier stated the figure is so high due to the prevalence of gay activities in the region. You've been following me since yesterday barking my name, desperate for my attention. I think my spirit was right to have made me ignore you.

Now I understand why.

Look, I dont and will never do that Igbo girl that has been chasing me around. And if you've been day dreaming like...... tufiakwa!! grin grin grin

I'm sure alot of men abound in the East... Go knock yourself out. cheesy

Now, that is the last you'd ever get from me. Hope you dont do yourself in as a result.

Bye. cheesy
[/s]

No wonder your state has such a high prevalence of HIV. All you have in your head is sex and sycophancy. Shame on you.
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
Igbo again?
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Amumaigwe: 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
GeoAfrikana:
Very very serious but it's not shocking or surprising based on how much they praise and practice random sex.

There are fornicators in Yorubaland too but most are not random fornicators, they have one ore two partners. But easterners really praise the one-day-one-partner lifestyle.

Visit any NYSC camp/lodge and see for yourself how people from all three regions of this country treat promiscuity.

And if you talk people will call you hypocrite and stuff.

Mr Tribalist, food is ready. BTW, who takes statistics from Nigeria agencies serious? People that can falsify data to serve a predertermibed end, oblivious of the dangers it pottends for the country.
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
Trendy247:
Before they said it was Benue, later Akwa ibom, now it's the whole south-east, leta we go hear say na Yoruba people get am pass...
Foolish people.. If you want to put up statistic, conduct test with the same number of people in all the geopolitical zones, cos as far as I'm concerned, northerners are more infected than any other region, but because they hardly go for test we don't hear about it.
Northerners don't Bleep like dogs the way they do in the southeast
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
Cumtroller:
Useless Post by a bastard Afonja!!!

The local and International community knows the Headquarters of HIV in Nigeria is in the South West.

In a WHO study, 1 in 5 women sampled in Osun State were carriers of the deadly Virus. Only thing these God forsaken daughters of oduduwa know is to spread their legs wide for Man and Animal. Disease riddled things.

Afonjas Ajoka, Igbo Amaka!!!
You have not said anything.

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Viktorino: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
I hope the ashawo fuckers are hearing these grin grin
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Viktorino: 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
You get luck grin
malware:
I'm not surprised at all... Cos I used to wonder if there's any girl left in Igbo land because of the ones I see all over hotels in Lagos here.

I was attracted to one Igbo olosho one day, and I patronized her (not my attitude tho) but she was sweet as fvck to the extent I became obsessed with her....

I remember the day I fvcked her without condom, that was the day I came back to my senses... I cried all night thinking I had contacted the virus.. I stopped seeing her since then grin
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
In all this no one can say Flatheaded women are not number one in olosho business
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by tillaman(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kyllahmc:
Lol some people are just too dumb for my liking... I wonder how people think sometimes... Not being scared or worried about STD's that doesn't show in people's faces is a sign of low IQ. There's was this girl I was dating, beautiful... First time we wanted to have sex, she was pressuring me not to use condom that she prefers it raw, I was like WTF! I left her dumb ass... Dumb girls turn me off! If you have been to government hospitals and see long queue of beautiful fresh girls and guys waiting for HIV drugs... Omo Your pick go just cold!
but sadly na those kind chic full everywhere now bro
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by BotherMleeper(m): 6:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
No one's surprised
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
Amumaigwe:

Mr Tribalist, food is ready. BTW, who takes statistics from Nigeria agencies serious? People that can falsify data to serve a predertermibed end, oblivious of the dangers it pottends for the country.

Ponder on what you've written you'll see how empty it is.
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Goodness001: 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
For those thinking that South East has the highest prevalence should read the full report.
Above national average doesn't mean having the highest prevalence.

Premium Times (Abuja)
By Nike Adebowale
Two South-south states are among the three states with the highest HIV prevalence rate in Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom tops the prevalence rate chart with about 5.5 per cent of its residents living with the virus. It is followed by Benue which has a prevalence rate of 5.3 per cent while Rivers is third with a prevalence rate of 3.8 per cent.

The details were contained in the Nigerian HIV/AIDs Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) whose result was released last week in Abuja.

The result shows that about one per cent of Nigerians (1.9 million people) are currently living with HIV/AIDs.

This figure, according to the Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, moves Nigeria from second to the fourth position among countries battling the HIV epidemic.

With an earlier estimate of about 3.2 million people living with HIV, Nigeria was second after South Africa which ranks first with about 7.1 million people living with HIV.

Announcing the NAIIS result in Abuja on Thursday, the Director General of the National Agency for the Control of AIDs (NACA), Sani Aliyu, said the percentage of People Living with HIV among adults is 1.4 per cent (1.9 per cent among females and 0.9 per cent among males.)

The National AIDS survey was launched in June 2018 to determine the true distribution of HIV and AIDS, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C in the country.

The survey reached around 220,000 people in about 100,000 households and was conducted between July and December 2018.

According to the survey, the South-south zone of the country has the highest HIV prevalence, at 3.1 per cent among adults.

HIV prevalence is also high in the North-central zone with 2.1 per cent and in the South-east zone, 1.9 per cent.

The three regions with lower prevalence rate are the South-west - 1.2 per cent, North-east - 1.1 per cent, and the North-west zone - 0.6 per cent.

The Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is a virus that attacks cells in the immune system, which serves as the body's natural defence against illnesses.

Though the popular way of contracting this virus is through vaginal or anal sex, there are other ways. These include sharing of needles or syringes, piercings, tattoos, blood transfusions, semen (cum), or vaginal fluids into open cuts or sores on the body. HIV currently has no cure but can be prevented and managed with proper medication.

Below is the full list of states and their HIV prevalence rate.

States

HIV prevalence (%)

Abia 2.1

Adamawa 1.2

Akwa Ibom 5.5

Anambra 2.4

Bauchi 0.5

Bayelsa 1.9

Benue 5.3

Borno 1.2

Cross River 2

Delta 1.9

Ebonyi 0.8

Edo 1.9

Ekiti 0.8

Enugu 2.0

Gombe 1.3

Imo 1.8

Jigawa 0.3

Kaduna 1.1

Kano 0.6

Katsina 0.3

Kebbi 0.6

Kogi 0.9

Kwara 1.0

Lagos 1.4

Nassarawa 2.0

Niger 0.7

Ogun 1.6

Ondo 1.1

Osun 0.9

Oyo 0.9

Plateau 1.6

Rivers 3.8

Sokoto 0.4

Taraba 2.9

Yobe 0.4

Zamfara 0.5

FCT 1.6

HIV prevalence rate according to Zones

Zones HIV prevalence (%)

South-South 3.1

South-East 1.9

South-West 1.2

North-Central 2.1

North-West 0.6

North-East 1.1
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by bigpicture001: 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
charlsecy:
Fallacy of ignorance.

Baba...say ur counter with facts lets read up...mr. knowlegdeable.....nonsonse!
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by malware: 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
Viktorino:
You get luck grin

No be small luck oooo... I was just an enthusiast who was obsessed with a girl... That was my first raw sex... I did several tests afterwards, before convincing myself that I was ok... I had to even take the girl along with me to the lab... It was a funny sad experience sha...
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
desoul2004:

How do you mean it's a scam? I have seen many carriers and sufferers.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/hiv-aids-fact-or-fraud/

Long video, but it's worth it.
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by 1Sharon(f): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
mumumugu:

Igbo's are very intelligent that they go for test.believe me,many persons in the North west especially zamfara and kebbi have never gone for test in their entire life.

in one of the government hospitals, I requested for condom, the pharmacist saidc"you must be a corper." I asked why he said so, he told me people are not bold enough to ask. condom is given free, yet people don't ask. he showed me cartons of expired condom. I took a carton home.

To use.it with a girl na wahala,. she will say' so you don't trust me",?

the report deals on reported cases.many are u reported in the north

Thumbs up to ppl like you. The fact is our ppl hate using protection
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by Cherez: 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
1Sharon:

It is a laughing matter because igbos claim to be the most intelligent tribe in Africa.
How do intelligent ppl get STDs? grin

This is what happens when you're a dropout of Epon ojuku grammar school for the foolish.
Most of you here are just too uninformed.
Do you understand data at all?
Above national average doesnt mean they are worse
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by danot1030: 12:58am On Nov 15, 2019
Trendy247:
Before they said it was Benue, later Akwa ibom, now it's the whole south-east, leta we go hear say na Yoruba people get am pass...
Foolish people.. If you want to put up statistic, conduct test with the same number of people in all the geopolitical zones, cos as far as I'm concerned, northerners are more infected than any other region, but because they hardly go for test we don't hear about it.

Must you mentioned Yoruba people, if you go throughout everywhere in Nigeria there's no states you won't find Igbos doing prostitution, everything for making money.

Anyways it's good to know now that we can easily refer to them as HIV people or their land as the land of HIV people.
Re: HIV Prevalence In South East Above National Average by eguarojeona: 1:54am On Nov 15, 2019
FuckAllTheMODs:

Anumpam, what does homosexuallity has to do with HIV?
It's way easier to contract the virus via the anus than through the vagina.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized / African Journalists Decry Racist Monkeypox Reporting / ​Should Fruits Be Eaten Before, After Or During Meals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.