Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,453 members, 7,781,309 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! (26576 Views)

How To Tell If Your Catalytic Converter Has Been Stolen / Help With Brain Box Number / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by PasD(m): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
An okada man hit my door and damaged it...and though he admitted its his fault I let him go cos of mercy.
Parked my car (Toyota Corolla 2004 model) outside cos there were truvks blocking my gate that night and before morning thieves came and stole my brain box and many other things.

Now I have fixed other things remaining the brain box. The one I got today did not start the car. And the mechanic and electrician assured me that they will get the one that will fit.

My question is this, when I change the brain box will the car start giving issues or it will still work as it was before?

THE CAR IS JUST FEW MONTHS OLD #sobs

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Sellfish(m): 2:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hmmmm....Another series in Corolla Stories that touch cry

The Lord is your muscle Sir....

I think the part number of the new brain box has to match that of the stolen one for it to work well on your car Sir

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by PasD(m): 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
Sellfish:

I think the part number of the new brain box has to match that of the stolen one for it to work well on your car Sir

my brother thank you ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by chillex8(m): 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
Golden rule of corolla ownership:

Never park a corolla outside the gate, no matter the circumstance, time of the day or predicament.

Sorry for your loss, and yes you will get a brainbox to match.
50% possibility you might even get your old brainbox.

271 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by PasD(m): 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
chillex8:
Golden rule of corolla ownership:

Never park a corolla outside the gate, no matter the circumstance, time of the day or predicament.

Sorry for your loss, and yes you will get a brainbox to match.
50% possibility you might even get your old brainbox.

I so appreciate u friend! Thank you thank you thank you

6 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by SaintHilary(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
We Nigerians should learn to leave this ugly car alone!
It's easier for a thief to Steal from a Parked Corrolla than from a 6 year old child

Follow the reigning Auto Thread, Buy a Cheap Honda Civic, Park m for 3rd Mainland bridge go house..no shaking tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/5167845/n1200000-less-tokunbo-cars/100#5167845.3217

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by searchng4love: 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
sad Sorry bro. One more reason why I love Mercedes Benz.

21 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Criticaltemp: 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
If a genuine n a compatible one is replace with respect to the model ure just good to go
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by nototribalist: 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
Expert in the house, please is there a possibility for someone to put GPS in a brain box. Cos I want to buy corolla and I don't want a quarrel with brainbox thieves

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by hotdealz(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
You'll need to buy another one. What kind of help do you need?

Just make sure you get GENUINE original product not one of those Chinese clone or copy.

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Stevengold(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
The rate at which people steal is alarming, that's how they stole my camry's fuel cover. I wonder what they want to use if for. angry

Had to get new one for 4k at ikokwu.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by obo389(m): 6:57am On Nov 15, 2019
Hard luck.
Normal level with those models of Corolla because na hot cake for those ladipo bois

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by helinues: 6:57am On Nov 15, 2019
Is your car brain box customised only for your Toyota Corrola?

Is this your first car? Look for better mechanics not all these hungry ones.. Or you might resort to push your car before working
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by izzou(m): 6:57am On Nov 15, 2019
angry
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by meezynetwork(m): 6:57am On Nov 15, 2019
Corolla
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Wasky101: 6:58am On Nov 15, 2019
Sorry
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by noblealuu: 6:58am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:
An okada man hit my door and damaged it...and though he admitted its his fault I let him go cos of mercy.
Parked my car (Toyota Corolla 2004 model) outside cos there were truvks blocking my gate that night and before morning thieves came and stole my brain box and many other things.

Now I have fixed other things remaining the brain box. The one I got today did not start the car. And the mechanic and electrician assured me that they will get the one that will fit.

My question is this, when I change the brain box will the car start giving issues or it will still work as it was before?

Few years back, a friends Brainbox in Corola 2005 was stolen, a replacement was made and that car worked fine until he sold it off to travel out of the country. So no worries, you'd find a compatible Brainbox. Pele.

9 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Roon9(m): 6:58am On Nov 15, 2019
Omo! 25k

It won't at all. Once it starts it then its a good one. No issues whatsoever thereafter unless you change engine
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:58am On Nov 15, 2019
The guy say make we "Help"... Na we go help you buy brainbox abi weytin?

You even uploaded picture of the car sef. Why? shocked

4 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 15, 2019
Lucky they didn't steal d whole car.

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 15, 2019
I don't know why people keep buying this car. The probability of vandalism and theft is just too high to justify whatever other advantages it might have.

Ordinarily to park this Corolla for outside beer parlour come rush two bottles of beer with peppersoup, na wahala. You fit finish come outside you no go see your car again. Complete nonsense.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by egwekwe: 6:59am On Nov 15, 2019
For peace of mind, Never buy Toyota corolla/camry in Nigeria especially Lagos unless you have a top notch security .

That car attracts thief life flies

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by airminem(f): 6:59am On Nov 15, 2019
Smh... Are you serious? The taxi will be just fine if you contact @Autojosh
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by kuntash: 6:59am On Nov 15, 2019
And this news made front page ?

Chai !
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 15, 2019
nototribalist:
Expert in the house, please is there a possibility for someone to put GPS in a brain box. Cos I want to buy corolla and I don't want a quarrel with brainbox thieves

Just do comprehensive insurance, they will buy you another brain box in the case of theft.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Mcuzy(m): 7:00am On Nov 15, 2019
grin

nothing to say
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by CarGuideNG: 7:00am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:

Hello Sir

All you need is to identify the Factory Part Number of your vehicle ECU "Brain Box".

Provide the VIN, and we would assist you with that.

Example:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10359311_img20191008wa0001_jpegb09dc714bbde55bca2467e15a11ab052

Check the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/614581/brain-box-stolen-no-other

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9357362_1557417994348_jpeg825b33e87490661fedb629ad0a577083

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by airbrush: 7:00am On Nov 15, 2019
Sellfish:

take brain of anybody who voted for buhari in 2015 .their brain and that of toyota cars na the same !

25 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Dedemworld: 7:01am On Nov 15, 2019
Then use ur own brain na
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by showafrica(m): 7:01am On Nov 15, 2019
Corolla just dey like hot chik for boys hostel...

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by QuietHammer(m): 7:01am On Nov 15, 2019
People are wicked. Now your car is brainless cry

23 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by cluewebhost(m): 7:01am On Nov 15, 2019
Welcome to corolla ownership.
Buy the correct part number and it would be fine.
Please don't park outside again you're lucky you saw the vehicle.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Parking Position. Neutral Or On Gear? / Swiss Nationale Represents Nigeria In Dubai Motor Race (Photos) / Dangote Trailer Hits Built-up Area In Owode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.